500k for a Ford

>500k for a Ford

youtube.com/watch?v=7AZLu45nl5A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jh-FvCggW_w
youtube.com/watch?v=F7oTd4cYPA8
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31908/the-down-payment-on-your-new-ford-gt-is-at-least-225000/
corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota-april-march-2016-financial-results.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When did ford start making Lamborghinis?!

>$500k
>uses same engine Ford has in their plumber's vans
>built in Canada
>meme steering wheel
>terrible cluttered digital gauge
>seats dont move
>shit interior
>literally more room in a miata

kek

>the seats don't move
MANLETS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

STOP SPAMMING DOUG DIMWIT

You are mostly paying for a Carbon fiber tub.

LT675 would be a better buy unless you are a boomer collector and just have to have this.
also
>sub 3000 lbs
>11 mpg with the most politically correct engine possible
>made to recreate a watered down version of a historic racing event
>Ferd acts as pretentious as Ferrari with it (a humble shitbox maker being the uptight exotic twat they were once trying to 1up)
>this will never be the titan the last one was in the tuner scene because the engine just isn't as strong or potent as Ford's modular series and it already drinks fuel making the power it does.
GG Ford.

its a very low production race car, the price isnt suppose to mean anything
>pic related

when ferrari refused to be bought by ford

>You are mostly paying for a Carbon fiber tub.
pretty sure can get a car with one of those for 50k

>CF tub
>integrated roll cage
>reinforced centerline
>SLA mounting points on centerline
>active aero
>massive underbody aero
>hydrolic height adjustment
>road damper lockout
>dampers produced by leading manufacturer for F1
>nearly 700hp
>compact packaging for aero and weight distribution
>racing transmission
>racing style seats
>homogolation model so very exclusive
>won its class

Yeah it sure is shit.
No one would ever pay good money for those things...

Fucking retards.

Why didn't they use a twin turbo modular v8?

I wonder how many times it will take for people to say how amazing it sounds before I will actually believe it.

Sticker is 65-85 you mong.

>limited to under 500hp after BOP

The road car is quite literally more powerful than the race car. Why put a heavier engine in when you are allready limited with a v6?

>arguing over a car you'll never afford

>only 216mph
kek a nascar using a carbureted pushrod V8 will go 300mph. ford is a joke

>breaks down after a 1/4 mile
lol

in europe its 60k, i thought that in burgerland they were cheaper, like every other car

yeah and a fucking sub-200 I4 engine lmao

>comparing the ecoboost to some europoor shitbox

sooo the V6 ecoboost also used in a truck is worth 450k? sure dude

Daily reminder they banned OHC because nobody could compete.

Wow, 500k for a car that has history and racing winning pedigree at that behind it?

Fuck me dead that's good. Ford keep it up.

lol aston martin db7 has rear lights from a fucking mazda 323f why would anyone want it lmao

>a car that has history and racing winning pedigree at that behind it
Eh, feels like they are claiming that Pedigree in name alone to advertise ecoboost.

>that steering wheel

what did ford mean by this?

>taking hillbilly cock this hard

>call it a GT car
>street legal race car with zero storage, comfort, insulation, or visibility

>stock cars

Oh so you're actually retarded

:^)

Except this thing isn't sub 3000, wet, it weighs as much as the modern STi.
This car has come out as a fucking joke.
>won't start up half the time
youtube.com/watch?v=jh-FvCggW_w
youtube.com/watch?v=F7oTd4cYPA8
>awful gauge cluster
>500k for an expensive hydraulics system
>no v8
>sold to top end boomers and youtubers, instead of the enthusiasts that bought the original GT
That was cheaper by a huge margin and a nicer engine.

>Raptor uses a twin turbo V6 which makes more power and less fuel while weighing less than the V8
>Now the new 500k Ford GT uses a V6

Face it "muh V8" fags, V8 is dead. V6 is the superior engine layout.

>That was cheaper by a huge margin
it literally wasn't
it also didn't win lemans

>>Now the new 500k Ford GT uses a V6
>he didn't mention the 11 mpg
>he didn't mention La Ferrari would destroy it with a V12

base LFA was 375k base GT is looking to be 450k, thats a huge difference, even at those prices, still big money to throw around.
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31908/the-down-payment-on-your-new-ford-gt-is-at-least-225000/
I'm always confused when people say ford won lemans, because the Porsche 919 Hybrid won last year.

although id like to admit the Raptor is pretty fucking cool and i got the chance to see one in person.

don't mind ecoboost being in that one.

thats not my point, my point is that the price isnt about the engine or the carbon fiber, it just is overpriced because fuck you.

I loved all Ford GTs since the gt40, i dont care where the parts come from. Its the only """""american""""" car that i give a shit

no doubt a nicer engine
but the point is that in those type of cars price isnt supposed to make sense

NEWSFLASH FAGGOTS:
They cost 500k
and they will sell EVERY
SINGLE
ONE that they make.
Therefore, if you sell all 1000 that you will be producing, the price wasn't too high now was it?

All the reviews seem to be saying the same thing.

>it's the best track car ever made
>it's the best handling car ever made
>it's kinda shit on the road because it's noisy and brutish but at least the ride is okay

It's like the old F40 in that it takes "race car for the road" very seriously.

Also the OLD ford gt from fucking 2006 is going for 400-600k now.

and even at that price they will lose money

>and even at that price they will lose money
It's because normalfags don't want to buy these cool performance cars. Instead they'd rather buy eurotrash or japtrash "luxury" cars. The breed is dying because there is no market for it.

all fords have this problem. some are worse then other.

It's because the seat don't move.

He literally explained why they did this

>Can't even line up the mirrors for symmetry

Tawp lul

its because only Eurotrash or Japtrash are special enough to spend money on.
Ford is by far the best American brand and its because they learned alot from their own european brand

Go to Germany and look at all the Germans who give money to German automobile brands to spend on continued development, improvement, and manufacturing. Then go to the States and look at all the Americans who give money to German automobile brands to spend on continued development, improvement, and manufacturing.

The fact is it simply isn't worth it for American brands to invest in performance vehicles. There isn't a market for it and thus their profits if they decide to go in that direction wont be worth it because Americans don't want performance vehicles like the Germans do.

In 2016, Ford had a net income of 4.2 Billion. BMW had a net income of 7 billion. Meanwhile, Toyota had a net income of 2.3 TRILLION, nearly 500 times the income of Ford.

It's because it's half a million dollars you sperglord

this is like the Ford equivalent of the LFA

they should have just made an elegant and less tryhard GT with a V8 that they could easily mass produce and charged like $200k

if they mass produced the Ford GT with the V6 ecoboost it surely was cheaper than 200k

I mean just focusing on building something people actually want instead of trying to piggyback off a LeMans race car that nobody cares about.

The vast majority of people would rather have a V8 in it instead of being faithful to a V6 LeMans car.

I don't mind paying more for a specialized V8. and beside, its the reason the name has any street cred or racing cred. if they want a V6 sports car they can make a smaller more nimble car below the GT. id love that instead of them trying to shoe-horn ecoboost into absolutely everything.

Nobody cares what a bunch of overweight americans would rather have

only the mentally ill would rather have a V6 over a V8 in a Ford GT

That's where the majority of the cars will be sold much like the last one.

Ferrari also cares as that's where the majority of their market lies. thankfully they stuck with a V8 and a fuel efficient one.

what do you mean? the V6 is powerfull enough for that application, why ruin it with a v8?

should have just used a n/a V8

>only the mentally ill would rather have a V8 over a V6
FTFY
that v8 is also slower than the v6 gt. sperg more

It wouldn't be "ruined" with a specialized V8. i don't just mean plopping a standard 5.0 Coyote in there either.

See: LT675, 488, 918 etc. all cars with specialized V8s and are more fuel efficient.

The V6 hasn't won Le-mans.
>check-mate atheist

kill you're selfve

ford gt still won
sperg more

>still won
Nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>nope
nope

Agreed, it didn't win.

AMERIFAT NORMIES STILL WOULDN'T WANT IT

The viper acr was selling at a bargain at 120k only in manual and normies still didn't want it. No one was buying so they had to shut it down and now dodge is back selling minivans. The Ford GT would fail even at 200k

>nope
yep

the acr was a dumpster fire of a car

I am surprised they couldn't sell enough regular vipers to even justify keeping them in production though.

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

Lol, where the fuck did you get 2.3 TRILLION from? Toyota's total operating income for 2016 was roughly 236 billion USD - corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota-april-march-2016-financial-results.htm

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

turbo is just the way to go, NA cant compete
Even Ferrari now use Turbos
its way more expensive and unrewarding for the brands to build NA engines

i.e.
Lexus RCF vs M3

I said nothing about Turbos. i wouldn't mind a Turbo V8. just not V6.

>nope
yep

>yep
nope

it had to be a V6 to meet class regulations
the V6 is the reason it won

>nope
yep

488 races with a Turbo V8 though. a V8 wasn't an impossibility and like i said in an earlier post could've been done with more money (which i i'm sure its target audience wouldn't mind paying more for). also C7R is still stealing races from the GT despite being NA.

>yep
nope

Ford had a proven endurance racing V6 already though

>nope
yep

They also had a proven endurance racing V8.

also with how bad the fuel economy is in the production car who knows how bad the fuel economy is in the racing one and fuel efficiency is part of the game. its how Pratt and Miller can develop strategies to play to their strengths and come out ahead at seemingly the last minute against impossible odds like they did (again much like last year) At Sebring. Porsche thought they were going to win because of all the testing they were doing there before the race even started. V8 could've been more fuel efficient.

>yep
nope