ITT

Cars we wanted when we where kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4evtSE34xqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wanted one ever since i saw it in person at the dealership and was completely stunned as a child.

Still haven't change on wanting one and want it even more after "current year" GT.

>not wanting the Explorer

Don't even ask me why. I was simply fascinated by the vertical rear window and exotic American appearance you'd only see in movies. I think I even had a Matchbox of it.

Got a big toy model of it when I was like 4 for some reason, wanted it back then cause seeing the engine in the back was sweet. Now want it because I understand how insane it was at the time. still have the model on my shelf

Funny. One of my bosses actually made one of his wranglers into the jurassic park jeep. I'll have to grab a pic next time the drives it to work

Always been my go to car in racing games since GT1

>wanting a ford

This first

Then this

I wanted the worst gen too.

Since they were still selling them new, I wanted a 180SX.

Waaaaauuuuu waaaaaaauuuuu

This is funny to me since I played NFS: Underground when I was a kid and even at age 11 I thought the underglow, body kit, ultra rice aesthetic was distasteful and ugly.

For some reason the 350Z became the car that I always associated with that scene, and even though I think they're kinda cool now I don't think I could ever own a 350/370 because of that mental association.

Are you me

I wanted a ford probe.

I always thought these were really cool, even if they were "boring" normal street cars. Then I got one, and I still think they're cool. Feels good to live the dream.

He like, "shut up bitch, we got 98 whp"

Looks very comfy. The 1990's had the best road trip cars by far.

This.

>Heavier than a semi truck with a trailer full of fuel
>Takes driving right into the center of an OMG F5 to take off

Sounds like a perfect Dorothy platform to me.

>I asked my dad why American houses fall apart so easily (concrete houses in my country) and I got into trouble for watching a PG-13 movie when I explained where I got that information from
>I was 12 and what was that

Pretty sure I had Ferrari wallpaper in my room.

Pic dude

It's a 2 door, not a 4 door, but I consider this an advantage.

This hunk of shit. What was I thinking??

One of my friend's older brothers had one of these. He put in a small lift, bigger tires. He was quarterback of the football team. Homecoming king. Prom king. Was drafted but chose to play D1 baseball on scholarship. Dated the hottest girl in the school, etc. I wanted to be this dude.

Nice guy to this day, actually.

Beaut in the southern states I assume? Looks rust free. How much did you get it for?

Got it in Washington state, actually, with 168K miles on it. Only rust I've found so far is on the exhaust pipe; even the wheel wells are clean. So far the only non-stock items I've found are the windshield (rubber-lined one from a 91-93 240) and the audio unit. I paid $3500 for it, I thought it was a good deal for a car this clean.

I love how the drift tax pushes the price until I can get one

>as a kid
yep, as a kid

Jeez how do muricans get such good deals wtf
Fucking canada.

These trucks are awesome. You have good taste.

Just one of many benefits of living in the Land of the Free™, my friend.

You mean you wanted to be his gf, don't you?

What year is yours?

No, user, don't be such a weirdo. I wanted to wear his skin. Huge difference.

Jurassicjeep.com there is a whole community of people who buy old sahara yjs and convert them to exact movie spec

I used to work at the same place with the original guy who made/researched everything to get a screen accurate one. He was an engineering student that was almost unfunctioningly shy, but was ok. He also made an Ecto-2 out of a dodge magnum that was pretty cool. He runs Colorado Movie cars now.

Child? you are a young un. I got kicked out of a convention when I sat in the prototype of this car (apparently unlocked, unroped off cars are off limits at shows) when I was graduating high school

I really liked that car even before I watched initial d and I want to get one but I also don't want to get memed to death

Boomerjinx he went by, then there was another guy named Citrix who made the Dennis Nedry Jeep including the remote control lights that are like 300 a piece

it was boomerjinx I knew. Can't remember what his real name is ATM. We worked at the same mall in college (not sure which store he was at) but I worked at Sears and always got out later than the rest of the mall. He'd be hanging out in the parking lot with the in progress ecto 2 and was pretty cool about showing them. I'm a paleontologist and almost bought one from a guy that got all the decals and stuff from citrix and whoever, but the hard brake lines had been cut and I thought that was weird/too big of a pain to fix.

My dad owned two saabs while I was growing up, I've always wanted a 99 turbo. They are hard to find and expensive now a days. Outside exotics, this is the one car I want bad.

Why is literally every vehicle from the JP series so great?

If they need protection bars on the windows, but not on the glass roof, why didn't they just make reproduction windows out of the same stuff as the roof? This is typical Hollywood engineering again. I fucking hate when modified movie cars make no sense.

The pic I posted isn't mine. That's a '92 Deville DTS... only 3000 units made, VERY rare.

However, I did have a '92 DeVille base very similar to yours. Same wheels, same color paneling but with a sleek maroon clear coat and light beige interior. Also had a digital dash. I loved that car but had to sell it in september because of leaking headgaskets. Got her to 124,000 miles

So why are the 7th gen co sidered the worst? I've seen Veeky Forums always say they're the shittiest but everyone loves the aesthetics

very jealous btw

plastic side window replacements are flimsy because the windo frames don't support them, that's why most racers dont bother with side windows or just bolt/rivet them on. the bubbles on the top are super thick and very well supported/reinforced. Also, the top probably wasn't meant to be in contact with much, not like they were expecting to meet a Tyrannosaur and win

Fell in love with 70s-80s Datsuns/Nissans especially the Zs and Silvias. Just bought an 85 Silvia and I'm restoring/modding it back into good condition.

>pic not mine, but end goal

I have one of my dream cars, dad had one as a kid and always liked the "Renegade" on it. Unfortunately I have to go back to school and sell it soon :/

not even kidding

Underage b&

I always wanted that mobile lab from the lost world. That or the chopped mercedes SUV that Eddie got eaten out of.

Viper Racing. Played that fuckin' game till we got a new computer and it didn't work. Still love Vipers tho.
>RIP Sierra

I just creamed my jhorts

Awesome deal man! Gotta love PNW Volvos. Slim pickings here on the east coast. I've been dailying a '90 245 for 5 years now and love it. I've bought and sold a few others and recently picked up a '90 244. Love redblocks.

I'm 20 and was lusting over the Ford GT when it came out, I would have been around 7 years old.

We didn't understand yet, user.

>those wheels
Aesthetic af

>sell it
Why don't you just drive it?

I've wanted one of these for 10 years damn it. Fucking dream car. I'll restore one one day.

you STILL haven't told me how you came upon this car, user

>when we where kids

YES

Holy shit the memories all come flooding back

Only cucks prefered the ferrari over the lambo in hot pursuit 2

A skyline, any of them

swag for days/10

My negro

Speed Racer had the coolest fucking cars

>Got in trouble for watching a PG-13 movie when I was 12
I remember me and my family picking up twister on DVD from the store when I was 5. We all saw it together and it was great.

Dude! Super rad right on!

This x2
Used to have ´93 model, rusted to hell and back. Masturbated to the thought of having it in Jurassic Park colors

I wanted one of these and a 240SX.
I'm sure somebody here can guess why.

it seemed kind of neat at the time

I wanted one when I played Gran Turismo 1 for the first one, still want one to this day.

I had a hot wheels toy of this car so I have a soft spot for it.

As an adult, I'm not sure I want to drive it. I'd be too scared of spinning out so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it

Il tempo gigante

Nothing has changed. I still have dreams about the first time I saw it.

Ive always had a love for nissans, in racing games I always picked them. Just from their aesthetic, I didnt care about the performance. They always looked cool to me.

Pic related, my Z31

And REAL cucks prefer the McClaren over the CLK GTR

still do

I actually have a 3rd gen 4.7 and while it is a great SUV, it's not a great truck.

Imma keep her though because she makes a good crew and equipment vehicle.

>Denis Nedry Jeep

HNNNNNG

Jurassic Park and The Lost World JP movies had the best vehicle merchandising ever. These days movies obnoxiously flaunt them to the point where you think "OMG I HATE CHEBBY NAO"

Wew. I remember watching those episodes of top gear after getting my license

youtube.com/watch?v=4evtSE34xqU

this fucking got me good

Mr Bond?

gt3rs

Wtf why is it red, it's supposed to be orange. Everyone knows it's supposed to be orange.