if you could have an electric corvette that does
>0-60 in sub 5 seconds
>gets 150 miles of range
>weighs about 3800lbs
>enough torque to do rolling burnouts at 70mph
all for around 30 grand
would you do it?
why or why not?

I'm not a big Vette guy anyways tbqh so I'd have to pass.
Are you allowed to pull the powertrain and sell it?

as long as it can do level 2 (4 hour) and level 3 (30 minute) charging I'd do it. Piss off some boomers and get tire smoke all day

that's already sort of factored into the theoretical price but let's just say the 350 smallblock finds a good caring home

>would you do it?
no
>why or why not?
I dont have 30 grand, and if i did i would use it to pay off debt and get a 3k civic with whats left

No, gaudy shitbarge whose only appeal is to look and sound brash. A silent Corvette is like a mute wrestler. I'd rather have an electric motorcycle that looks like a pre-war airplane crashed into a crawfish.

EV cafe racer bikes are a thing and are pretty cool.
part of the C3's benefit is the extremely big engine bay which means it can fit a ton of batteries easily

No, but I would the fug out of an EV Miata, Beat, or cappuccino. Maybe even a Figaro for the ultimate EV sleeper

But wouldn't the batteries all lumped into one place up front upset the weight distribution? I'd rather distribute them across the car, at which point the size of the engine bay doesn't matter anymore.

the engine bay is most of "across the car", and they can be distributed. Not all of them need to be up front but you can put quite a number there, and then some in the area where the fuel tank is (between the trunk and cabin)

Cars that aren't designed as electric from the ground up are generally shit.

If it had enough range to last a fay at the track I'd be interested. There's no way a 150 mile range would cut it.

true, the biggest problem of pushing towards 200 mile ranges in conversion is your weight starts to shoot up. The possible solution is to use tesla cells which average out to about 550lbs per 50kilowatt hours, whereas most other cell designs will weigh 800+ for that same energy. Problem is even cells out of teslas in junkyards are kind of expensive. EV west cells refurbished tesla packs ready for install, 5kwh each and 55lbs each, but $1375 a pack is steep

>do burnout
>battery dies

>50kw per 550 pounds
wew lad
you'd unironically be better off bulding an hybrid with scooter engines

Is that your c3 OP?

50kw is a shitload, the Bolt is 60kw and that bitch goes almost 250 on a charge
50kw in a lightweight classic could easily brush 200 miles while having a ton of juice for hard driving

>electric corvette
no
>for around 30 grand
hell no

Make it a 2nd gen Camaro and you've got yourself a deal.

no way that'll happen under 30k, a rolling shell of a c2 in awful shape is like 10 grand alone

I wouldn't.. not a c3. a c4 looks like it could be electric, but a c3 looks like it should have 7 liters of lumpy cammed excess.

the spark ev seem pretty good

Sure about that?

56y57yu75

>C2
What part of Camaro did you fail to understand?
The 78-81 models are the most sold Camaro ever.

Inorite

>if you could have an electric

no

A regular C3 does all that for less and weighs much less too

Would I do it? Certainly

Would I pay 30 grand for it? no

I'm sure some rich californian might though

the zombie is my spirit animal

>all for around 30 grand
Wait a minute, you just said brand new current year full warranty NEW Corvette for only 30K dollars final price after all taxes and fees. There's almost no one that would say no to that kind of price electric or not.

OP, you need a more realistic price as you seem to think 30K is a lot of money. It isn't. The annual median household income in my large usa metropolitan city is 82K. So that 30K final price of yours is just too low for a brand new corvette.

>0 to 60 in 5 seconds
A fucking V6 Accord will do ~5.7 seconds.

Also electric cars are new enough that we don't know yet how horribly the batteries will age, and I don't want to be a $30,000 beta tester for that.

I actually have a C5 Corvette. With minor bolt-ons I'm already sub 5.0 0-60, 300-350 mile range, around 3400 lbs, all for around $20K. That's why not.

No that range is shit

funny you should make this thread. Electric C3 is my dream car.

>brand new fully warranty said nowhere in that post
wot