Will this thing have typical honda reliability?

>will this thing have typical honda reliability?

I sold my TDI back in Janurary and I have been without a decent DD since then (driving my 91 toyota pickup) and I am kinda liking the civiv type r, although it is a little too boy racer for me. Most hondas are really reliable, and on paper this one beats the other hot hatches.

>will the Civic type R last 300k miles like most hondas?

No.

Why wouldn't it? The last gen of type r's had no issues.

It probably won't be 'quite' as indestructible as their older DOHC NA engines but it will probably hit 200k no problem if it isn't hooned and redlined daily.

:^)

Is this supposed to be a bad or good thing?

fuck that engine bay is cramped, literally can't put your hand anywhere in there

Well that depends, if you are a hardcore JDM fan then you would probably be recoiling in disgust

Isn't the car itself made in the U.K.?

Yea, Honda seems to make their most popular japanese sports cars far outside Japan for whatever reason. they've definitely USDM themselves a lot over the years.

NA engines are inherently more reliable than any turbo engine.

Not OP, but my ED6 Hatchback was made by the Leafs lel.

God damnit I kind of like this car but it has too much of those edgy teen look...

Does it come in some more sober color scheme? (without edgy red/black/white trims and shit)

>taking the buyback
Kill yourself. There was nothing wrong with the car.

Dude I got $900 less than I paid for the car New and I put 45,000 miles on it. I'd be insane to not take it.

Not him, but fuck, that's a great deal.

90hp from 2 liters and 350hp from 2 liters are kind of different things...

There's been nothing to show that it will be unreliable.

caring about reliability is for normies

>buying a new DD
>doesn't care if it needs major maintenance in 50k miles

You're either an idiot, or a richfag

I see this car driving around my area a year before they went on sale. You guessed it, I live near the Ohio honda plant.

at least no one will be taking a dump in the frame rails

My God what an ugly piece of shit compared to the original Civics, I feel like we're entering the 70's period again with cars where everything is complete shit.

Yea it has a very tryhard feel, but you gotta respect the numbers it can put down.

Modern Hondas are just as reliable as Ford and BMW.

That's horrible and it's also a lie.

It's not bad per se. But the preference for Honda fans is for Japan made Hondas. If you spend enough time around the more modern japanese produced cars, versus the globally produced cars, there are subtle differences. But you can't buy many Honda or acuras made in Japan anymore. Even the fit is made in fucking Mexico now. I think the only Japan made acura is the RL which nobody buys anyways. My old TSX was japanese made, and it showed in build quality and reliability. I wouldn't hesitate on an American built Honda or acura, but it just isn't japan. These are definitely american products for american consumers now. I find most American preferences to be terrible, so my interest is aimed at cars designed for alternative preferences.

I wonder why no one buys the CR Z as this is the only car you can buy here in America that is purely built in Japan.

Because it's a hybrid.

It has bad MPG as hybrid, slow as sporty car.
Only thing it has going is that manual is available, and handles good.
Just another boring honda

wow 315hp out of 2.0 litres... Isn't an engine like that a lot more likely to grenade itself after 100k miles? I can't imagine any mods on this thing unless you remove the hood.

God damn that's a nice looking car

Because if I wanted a slow, two seater from based Nippon, I'd get a toyobaru

p/o of a DC2 Integra Type-R here; that thing is fucking ugly and Honda should feel bad.

Nah man it's 2017