/twg/ - Total War General

Gobbos and Friends Await Friendly Lizbros and Cuddly Rats Edition (also some faggotry elves)

New World Expansion Soon
comingsoon.totalwar.com/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12596412
youtube.com/watch?v=azOvRwrqz2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for war dogs

When the warboss has loads to eat and doesn't take you for a snack.

Why are gobbos so fun to play? They are like non-lame orcs.

Patch Notes:

The Total War: WARHAMMER multiplayer leaderboards have been reset.
A 5% score penalty will now be applied to users caught drop-hacking from multiplayer battles (disconnecting under suspicious circumstances).
Fix for users becoming unable to save the game, after the last chapter mission is completed on Legendary difficulty.
Fixed a missing building chain in the Grung Zint settlement.
All income types from Farming/Industry bonuses are now being applied correctly to all resource buildings.
Fixed a rare crash when disbanding Heroes on the campaign map.
Fix for Guardians of the Lady skill giving magic resistance instead of missile resistance.
Fix for Gelt's Pegasus unlock level.
Fix for inconsistency between Strigoi and Ghorst spells and the main lore spells.
Chivalry is no longer gained for torturing people in during Quests.
Updated garrison for Couronne and removed wall building chain.
Various text, game guide and localisation fixes.

Balancing Changes:

Questing Knights
- 8 Charge Bonus

Foot Squires
- 10 Leadership
- 6 Charge Bonus

Men-at-Arms
+ 25 Cost

Helman Ghorsts's Vanhel Danse Macabre
-1 Power Cost

Strigoi's Soulblight
+1 Power Cost

when TK come, Nagash will be just a RoR Hierotitan

will we finally get naval battles with the expansion?

I never realized how good warbosses looked until I looked at them in 4k
>there are poor souls on /twg/ who cant handle 4k

yes
they will be so badly implemented you'll spit and spew and call CA names and swear it was better without them

Orcs are better

I really hope not

I prefer those resources and effort into make the game great, such give dinstinctive look to stalia tilea and borders, make araby actually sandniggers and expand the small datamined new world map

yes
it'll be great, no matter the outcome.

I hope we can get good naval battles again, but if we don't get it I can always scratch my itch with the gunpowder games.

>give dinstinctive look to stalia tilea and borders
but they are not playable
they are not even major factions
they never pose any threat
they are wiped out as soon as they are turned attention to
what does it matter what they look like?

yes, hundred percent. They will advertise the Vampire Pirates heavily based on the naval combat. It's like two kinds of popular and edgy genre crammed into one single greater edge.

Are you kidding? I swear they are Estallia and Tilea are like 90% of the time among the last 5 factions in a campaign alive.
They're down there all.. UNCHALLENGED.

Remember those fags that were all like "End of February guaranteed"
lel don't listen to this guy. It's going to be released well before September, he is not even a part of the team lelel
September 2017. Mark it down

How is there no give region diplomatic option in TW

Found this in preddit, looks like Rats will feed on some overgrown chicken this fall!

FRIENDS, LOVED ONES.
THE JUNGLE IS UPON US, AND INSIDE IT ARE TREASURES BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION OR EVEN CARE.

LET US TAKE A VOTE.
strawpoll.me/12596412

well, yeah, but whoever you play they keel over the moment you look at them, especially in late game, when you have strong armies

they are inconsequential
there's little reason to ever actually fight them in the field - I autoresolve 90% of battles with them no matter who I play or what stage in the game it is
making them look unique is waste of resources

>they are wiped out as soon as they are turned attention to

They literally aren't since there's no one to threaten them.

I meant by players

>strawpoll.me/12596412

>They literally aren't since there's no one to threaten them.

Soon this will be different with skavenblight

I think they should genuinely be released as a tripack dlc with all 3, sharing units between them and slightly recoloured and altered bret and empire units why not.

Because diplomacy never worked well in Total War games before, and its better to have a battle focused game with as little diplomatic annoyances as possible. Most of the time the diplomacy system in TW games just screws you since it isn't as extensive as in Paradox games, and even there the diplomacy system tends to screw you badly.

I had a legendary Wurrzag playthrough where Tilea chimped the fuck out, conquered Border Princes and then stayed a thorn in my side for a very long while, sending 4 stacks to pillage my shit while I was away fighting Chaos. Those fuckers are masters of fighting against wrong people at the wrong times.

Yeah had some moments where I wanted to give Dwarfs my outposts as Wood Elves

Still, being able to colonise a town and then sell (or gift) it to the dude that holds the rest of it would be nice. Sometimes you want AI to survive and be your meat shield, but it never retakes it's ruined settlements.

Where is History

Is there any human society that lives in the Dark lands?

Maybe some Arabyfolk..?

In the past lmao

>playing Empire
>every human and dwarf faction is allied to each other fighting off Chaos and vamps
>Tilea declares war on me out of nowhere and splits the alliances in two
I make it a point in every new campaign to raze that entire peninsula. Border Princes and Estalia can burn too.

So i just beat 4 campaigns in row in Warhammer and i think i want to have a break.
I tried to play Medieval 2 but i am probably burn out after all those campaigns i played in it (both in vanilla and various mods).

I have both Napoleon and Empire and i want to play something in that era, but i played Empire only for a while and Napoleon only on multi with friends. Any mod recommendations for them? Is there any mod for Napoleon to turn it into big scope game like in Empire? Or anything else worth downloading? Which one should i play? As who? Any roll charts?

Voted for bondage elves although i'm excited to play every race except High Elves.
but i'm most hyped for Ogres

Do you think Skavenblight will be part of Tilea province, or it will be the only settlement in its own province? How those elven provinces look like? I never played as them and didn't care about that when i burned their forest down.

>REKT

ayou already have skavenblight province ingame as unpassable terrain just like athen loren pre-worst elves patch.

So runesmiths for the dwarfs are best put in armies as opposed to overworld agents?

Can you guys suggest a nice, non-horse based (Horde is fine though), faction or two in Attila?

Stop playing fantasy

>Ogre hype
My nigga, I don't even know why.

Monstrous mounts maybe.

Do you think Skaven with have ANY cavalry?

ERE and WRE

if you have charles try the danes, very fun campaign

Big fat hun inspired monsters eating everything they come across, their worship and magic is quite literally just eating shit.
Maneater agents, pet gobbos, rhino mounts etc. Scraplauncer.

SETTRA
E
T
T
R
A

I've just been enjoying a Lakhmid campaign, armoured camels will fuck your enemy up. Infantry is pretty solid if a bit limited.
Other end of the world is Franks.

they ain't got in tabletop, why would they in TWW? they got enough units in the da book

>No one even remotely excited for High Elves

AHHA! AHAHAHAHHAHA!

hamster wheels, and more rats of all sizes

>reddit rats and tumblr toads in the lead
>not a single shit given about high elves

Curious on if theres any fluff that would support CA conjuring some up.
motherofgod

okay, I forgot - they had "great pox rats" in tabletop, which were mounts for warlords and plague priests, but sucked so hard nobody ever took them, so no wonder they didn't come to mind

but there's that precedent, yes. but Skaven need no cavalry. they goot DOOMWHEELS.
and Rat Ogres.

where's that screenshot from?

I can imagine them mutating some rats no one likes even less than usual into feral cavalry and then riding them into the enemy

>Reddit rats and tumblr toads
>Muh high elves

youtube.com/watch?v=azOvRwrqz2M

>People think wood elves were annoying
You haven't seen anything yet

MARIIIIIIUUUUUSSSSS

>altdorf
>leitdorf
>akendorf
>bordeleaux
>mousillon

do they really think that those mangled words look cool? are CA designers 13 years old? I'd fully expect to Xs and Zs in half the names this way
is there any mods that change that leetspeek (or whatever its called) into proper
>olddwarf
>latedwarf
>fuckendwarf
>bordello
>mouselion

?

whut

NO MORE VAMPIRES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

hey guys, haven't played since before Grombrindal.Anything significant changed?

there are pirate vampires in new world thou

We both know you're shitposting but if some reason someone doesn't know, dorf is german for village.

First of all it might help to note that CA has come up with exactly zero of the place names in this game, this is all GW fluff that's decades old at this point.

It is also worth nothing that "Dorf" is German for "Village" and that the Empire is a patische of the Holy Roman Empire, i.e. Germany.

And finally, the most pertinent fact, you're fucking stupid.

If you think that's stupid take a look at Age of Sigmar.

But Varg, i would want to play historical. Just recommend me something

This is what happens when you let unchecked autism post in threads

I'm hoping they at least get some unique models

What the fuck is wrong with the sea jews?

He who controls the sea controls the world.

>laughing steppe nomads

Finished my first TWW campaign. BRETONNIA STRONG

>Razed all of Norsca
>All evil factions btfo from the map
>Total income 6 407 668

>All evil factions btfo
But user, Wood Elves are still there.

>evil factions btfo from map
>elves still there

what's the presence of little bearded cunt and orcs in new world? I guess there are orcs in the north of de terrain, but I don't recall any stunties there

Horse don't have naval warfare mode mongol.

This is your saurus for today.

Stunties are only within the Karaz Ankhor, which is in the World's Edge Mountains, Grey Mountains, and Darklands. There are savage orc tribes in Lustria though.

Saurus a day keep Chaos away!

Useless subhumans
Only good for boots

>bring artillery into range of the enemy
>they just stand there and don't move off their hill

N-Nani? Have I just been fucking outskilled?

Touche I suppose. Felt bad about destroying them desu.

They eventually declared war on Dwarves, so I had to go to war with them, but I spent like 300k on a peace treaty + vassalization deal instead of wiping them out.

There has been reports of a whole WAAGH disappearing when it entered the jungles.

Stunties? I am not sure, maybe we get to see some lost Dwarfs.

so no stunties in new world? shame.

They've added in Bretonnia, if you haven't yet go to the steam store to add them.

Also Vlad has his own faction now with his GF leaving manlet and the two necromancers on their own.

Other than that it's mostly been the usual buffs and nerfs in the patches.

>Post you face when there is a small human outpost in the west coast of Lustria.

>you click on it because you don't have a fucking clue what it could be

>the little human model resemble to something you played before

it's shogun 2 model imported into TWW, Samurai army from nippon is settle there

AI does that sometimes. Its in fact abuseable.

The AI obviously has a threat meter when it comes to ranged, as well as a benefit meter for staying in advantageous locations.

Sometimes if you only run up a single ranged unit into range, the AI wont feel threatened enough to move from their advantageous position, so they'll just take the pounding. Then you can cycle that unit out and put in a new one and rinse and repeat.

I want to pet him

>Ogre Kingdoms still not announced

>Gobbos v Skinks
Clash of the midgets soon

You do realise they're going to be one of the last races to be added, simply due to the ogre kingdoms location and overall importance right?

They got announced literally a year ago

All rulebook factions are confirmed

Please stop fucking saying factions are 'unannounced'

what mod changes faction leaders like that?

It was at that precise moment, Hans realized his son wanted to pursue a career as an artist in Averheim, instead of enrolling in the Gunnery School of Nuln like his father, and his father before him.

What's the source on all rulebook factions?

Not that guy, and I believe you, I just want to see the context and wording, for my own curiosity.

Ok so this is amazing. Week ago someone was posting "secret" news that next TW was shown behind the doors and it will be revealed on 31 and it will be Lustria. Now week later we got this on TW site. You can even see some aztec/lizardman building.