Redpill me on the Taurus SHO, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5GDSC3AWLg
youtube.com/watch?v=8u7AkAAdVGk
youtube.com/watch?v=KZHHd2-qItU
youtube.com/watch?v=L56R5qSX_Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=ar5xnWBYjiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Taurus SHO was a sleeper built by Ford from 1989 to 1999. 1989-1995 models were offered with a manual. 1993-1995 added an automatic, and 1996-1999 models were automatic only.
It was said to be the best American sport sedan at the time, with a Yamaha-built 3.0L DOHC V6 (manual only). 1993-1995 automatics got a 220 HP 3.2L version with extra torque to help with the power loss through the automatic. 1996-1999 models got a 3.4L V8, still built by Yamaha, and still based on the V6.
They were notoriously fast for the time, often eating V8 Camaros and Mustangs at the drag strips.
youtube.com/watch?v=i5GDSC3AWLg
youtube.com/watch?v=8u7AkAAdVGk

In 2008, Fans of the original began pressuring Ford to revive the Taurus SHO.

Ford replied by doing just that in 2010. 2010 to present Taurus SHO's are AWD unlike the FWD original, and is powered by a 3.5L twin turbocharged Ecoboost V6, equipped to a 6 speed automatic.
And the V8 hunting began anew.
youtube.com/watch?v=KZHHd2-qItU
youtube.com/watch?v=L56R5qSX_Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=ar5xnWBYjiw

turbos and awd is cheating

It's a great car, V6 TT 3.5L Ecoboost, with AWD, making nearly 350hp/tq thereabouts. People have managed to squeeze out over 600hp from them, they are the definition of a sleeper.

the new ones have aircooled seats with fans in them

its pretty nice

no meth injection and TT v6s is cheating. I cheat alot
it is nice

How much do the 90s ones go for? I was looking online but I cant find any recent listings for them.

generally as much as a normal Taurus, so usually between 1k and 3k depending on condition.

Good luck finding one in serviceable condition.

At this point youll either find super clean ones kept by enthusiast (that go for a large premium) or one that looks like it belongs in the landfill.

The 90s one with the Yamaha V6 engine were good to go. The jelly bean body style with the V8 was shit unless the cam shafts were welded. If they weren't welded they'll fail. No idea about the rest of them.

Yeah I doubt youll find any jelly bean V8's rolling around in the wild anymore.

I like my jelly bean

Hows that cam shaft eh?

Fuck your ugly ass car

Welded. The trans is more concerning me rn

First video
>Cuts out before either finishes
Second video
>Red lights
Third video
>Beats a Fox Body with pizza cutters and a eBay modded STi like that's supposed to be a surprise

Whew

lol look at this angry loser

I found this nearby and I might go make an offer on it.

I bought a nice rust free 95, 250k, 3.2 slushbox for $500 last week. Can't wait to run it in a few enduro's.

salty ass nigga lmao

bet you drive an altima

So is pronounced "S-H-O" or "show"? I've always said the former

SHO

Nigga I drive a ford gt suck my cock

Bread on hood w/ timestamp to the second

depends on whish one you're talking about.

>1989-1999
S-H-O

>2010-present
Show

Dad had one of these when I was young, they're pretty awesome cars. Problem is finding one that isn't totally falling apart, it'll probably take a few months of searching over a few states before a decent one pops up.

What year is that truck?

I still see this clapped out black one rolling around my area as a DD.

Don't search commiefornia, race tax. hate it. Nan has a 93 but cant pry it off her hands cause that's her first new car.

Neither.
Its pronounced "super high output"

One of the best sleeper cars out there along with the Buick Grand National turbo cars.

good sleeper

>Buick Grand National
>Sleeper
pic one.
Had you said Buick Regal T-Type, I'd have agreed with you. The Grand National was an appearance package on the Regal T-Type. Nothing more. Nothing less.

good man

fascist

>bring right somehow makes me a fascist.
No. But Trump supporters are fascists

Agree with this gent. Most of the early cars you find now have very high mileage and all the usual taurus problems. The engines are great but I will warn you for a car they made lots of there are some common fail parts that are hard to find. And that goes for the SHO parts as well as the regular taurus parts. For instance the tension strut which are always bad on cars here in new england.

WTF I love fascism now.

Actually I was thinking of the Regal, not the Grand National. Regals are a very unassuming car.