/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Newstar edition

Not sure whether the game is for you or not? Free trial weekend starts 3/30 and runs through 4/3, come find out. Check FNN 11 for more details.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials and Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for pc you have to join using the link and xbone you need to request entry in the thread.

>News
FNN 11: titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/
Colony Trailer: youtu.be/fCCckqclBoA

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WD8CR41De-c
youtube.com/watch?v=GA_pjexkFW0
youtube.com/watch?v=-jXW-aLFqME
youtube.com/watch?v=6D3ZQJEfm5w
youtube.com/watch?v=agDIDnft7l4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

northstar prime looks so fucking good

Remove piss drinking terrorist faggots

>check out Frothycum's new meta video to see how shitty his opinions are
>it's...not bad? some objectively wrong points but some good ones too
>come to pilot tacticals
>ruining the game
>endless bitching about stim and grapple while he also uses stim and grapple

This guy's a massive faggot.

Tell us something we don't know

>See someone
>Try to shoot them
>Melee for whatever reason
>Get killed

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE KEEP HAPPENING OH MY GOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Sharp corners and edges.
>No ablative plating
>Not built by glorious soviet factories

2/10, would not repel kraut invaders with

look at those fuckin clean lines mang

northstar prime looks like he's going fast as fuck boi, even while standing still

He looks like a stealth fighter jet

threadly reminder to delete

youtu.be/WD8CR41De-c
too dumb to make weebums so have another clip

They quietly slipped bounty hunt in as double exp

I mean, the Colony trailer did just drop yesterday.

>bitching about stim and grapple
>not phase shift and a-wall

I mean come on, the only bad part of stim is that often they can close in and melee you before you see the active frames of that on your end, even with good connections.

And even then, A-wall just need to be destroyed reliably and phase can just be taken down to one charge

He was actually bitching about how fast people could go with grapple launching. He was bitching that they were TOO FAST TO HIT. This motherfucker is awful, I can't understand why slows worship him.

why is it acceptable for this game to still have a 20 tick rate? even overwatch, a much slower and more casual friendly fps knew how shitty it was and upgraded it to 60 at least
in a game about fast movement and twitch reactions with a low ttk this is absolutely fucking unacceptable

Exactly. Stim also has a fucking long cooldown if not used with Power Cell and Tactikill, compared to TWO get out of jail free charges with Phase Shit. I'm really fucking mad about it honestly because every game it seems there's 2-3 phase shifters not getting punished for being caught out NONSTOP.

As for A-Wall literally just swap Hard Cover with it, why this this isn't already the case I don't know

>Shield that can only soak up so much damage before disappearing
>Get it once as a killstreak
>Shield that amplifies your damage while having no limit on the amount of damage it can take
>Have it every 15 seconds

It just doesn't make sense

For those who don't want to watch Frothy's dumb video, here's his March list:

PILOT WEAPONS
>S: EVA-8, Devotion, Smart Pistol, R-97
>A: G2, CAR, Alternator, Spitfire, R-201, Charge Rifle, Archer, P2016, both Wingmen, Mozambique
>B: Volt, DMR, Flatline, Softball, SMR, MGL
>C: Hemlock, L-STAR, Kraber, Double Take, EPG, Cold War, Thunderbolt
>No ranking listed for the RE-45 because he honestly forgot about the gun and "really, who cares about the RE-45?"

>Pilot Kits and Ordnances are unchanged from last month

TACTICALS
>S: Pulse Blade, Phase Shift, A-Wall, Stim, Grapple
>A:
>B: Cloak
>C: Holo Pilot
>Bitches that tacticals are way too strong across the board and are ACTIVELY KILLING THE GAME

TITANS
>S: Ion
>A: Tone (A+), Legion, Northstar, Ronin
>B: Scorch (B-)

BOOSTS
>S: Amped Weapons, Smart Pistol
>A: Battery Backup, Pilot Sentry
>B: Map Hack, Radar Jammer, Dice Roll
>C: Ticks
>F: Hard Cover, Holo Pilot Nova, Phase Rewind, Titan Sentry

Shitpost at your leisure.

Wait, is it really 20 tick?

Movement is 60 tick, projectile updates/hitscan checks are 20.

Anyone got a link to discord? its busted on the website

>complaining about grapple
The fuck? Arguably the biggest and most innovative improvement over the first game and he bitches about it?
I've gotta watch this video when I get home and see exactly what he says

works for me :^)

>my raifu is still so irrelevant it doesn't even place
>even as an after thought of "who cares about this gun"
>still wreck with it

The best thing about getting gud with an objectively bad weapon is that it will never get nerfed, and nobody else will ever unlock its true power

THE MASTIFF MAKES ME STIFF

>play against some f3 fags
>all safe space shift and devotion/r97
>outscore 90% of the players in the game with epg
>call their god a whiny piece of shit
>and mention by extension that they are the same
>"lol quit being an epg tryhard"

If it's busted that mean you're banned. It's a permanent link.

f for cryptic

I know that feel user. I can just imagine the face people make when they're suddenly lasso'd by a gravity star and then murdered by the Mastiff 100 feet away

>Ricochet attachment when

I had a good run

It should work now, sw is a fucking mongoloid

I'll do you a favor and just summarize it for you.
>Ever since the grapple guides started coming out, he's realized how busted Grapple is
>You can cap a flag on Angel City in SEVEN SECONDS
>You can go so fast that the game cannot actively register hits against you (see )
>If you abuse the swing mechanics, Grapple allows you to actively break the game, so there's no reason to put it in anything but S ti--scratch that, BUGGED tier
>If you don't really use the swing mechanics, Grapple is C-tier

On a second glance-through, Frothy does mention the Mastiff, but only that it's now the sole F-tier weapon (the Spitfire and Archer have graduated). Anyone who picks the Mastiff is actively crippling themselves, and it is the most useless gun in the game, partly by virtue of the EVA-8, Mozambique and SMGs merely existing.

How do I git gud with the Titans in this game? I absolutely destroyed in the original game and could make a Titan last an entire match getting my shields back with no health smoking the whole time. I die in 15 seconds flat and do seemingly no damage in 2. I do not care for the change in Titans at all. I really don't like how you can't customize your own to your liking.

Don't drop them too close to ennemies or if the ennemies have already more titans than your team

Titans are far more valuable in TF2 than they were in TF1, not least because of the new battery mechanic and the improved AT options. The distinct Titan kits allows for easier balancing, in a way. They really do serve as a force multiplier, but you can't afford to be reckless with them.

The issue he has with tactials is correct, that plus slide hopping, which was unintentional, a tfg dude found it during the tech test, trivialized the map design the game simply isint made for the speeds you can achieve and maintain.

Can I have a rundown on the batteries? Still don't fully understand how it works. I know if I jump on an enemy titan I open the hatch and drop a nade in, but what's the deal with repairing my own? Is there no form of shields anymore?

Slide-hopping is TF2's substitute for TF1's raw bunnyhopping, and that's only because you're taking advantage of the raw movement mechanics the game gives you: when you enter a slide, you speed up momentarily, and the jump lets you carry that speed. It's the same idea behind short wall runs - touching the wall gives you a small burst of speed, and immediately jumping off lets you carry that speed with you.

Nice wrong opinion man, guess I'll just keep murdering fools nonstop with my massive dick I mean shotgun the same size as your body. Keep using those superior hitscan weapons though.

They tried to remove bhops from the game due to it cheaping their movement system, their words not mine. The only reason slide hopping did not get axed as well, is because of the pushback from content creators around the techtest

>the sole F-tier weapon
The F is for FABULOUS

Any tip, sensei ?

Titans do not naturally have shields anymore. Instead, there are batteries. If you find a battery out in the field (or steal one from an enemy Titan, more in a bit), you can enter your own Titan or rodeo a friendly Titan and give the battery to them. Slotting a battery is what gives a Titan a shield, good for at least an extra bar's worth of life, as well as a bit of extra healing if they need it. Shields do not regenerate, however; once that shield is gone, it's gone, and you'll need to find another battery.

Rodeoing an enemy Titan is different in TF2. Instead of jumping on a Titan's back, ripping a hatch aside and magdumping a Spitfire into the internals, you now jump onto the Titan's back and - if it's the first time rodeoing that Titan - steal the battery from their slot, doing a major chunk of damage (even if they don't actually have a shield). If you rodeo that Titan again, you drop a frag grenade in their battery slot for another chunk of damage.

If a Titan is doomed and it receives a battery, it still gets a shield, but it can only be healed to its maximum doomed health. Once a Titan is doomed, it's doomed; you cannot un-doom a Titan.

Giving a battery to a friendly Titan provides a major boost to your Titan build meter, and if you give a battery to your own Titan, it gives a major boost to your Core build meter.

Those are Frothy's words, not mine. Easy on the afterburners, Pilot.

Spank you user, much appreciated. Are the batteries out in the field in those glowing crates like the campaign? Or solely from dead titans just anywhere on the ground?

Well then I apologize, someone attacks your baby you act on instinct.

What's the deal with pulling multiple batteries out of Titans? You can only do it once and then it's grenades but if a teammate jumps on after you he'll pull one out for himself?

I'll give you the same two tips I give everyone:
-always remember that ADS reduces spread. Most people forget this because it's a shotgun
-the one-shot range is pretty far, but the two-shot range is absolutely insane. Do not refuse to fire at an enemy just because they seem a little too far away. One-shots are the webm worthy ones, but two-shots are your bread and butter

>EPG not at least A tier

So should I ADS even when an ennemy is near or is it for mid range and farther ?

If you're in Last Titan Standing, there are little pedastals where you can find a free battery. Otherwise, there are three ways to acquire a battery in the field:
>Rodeo an enemy Titan and jack his
>Use the Emergency Battery boost to immediately spawn a battery on your person
>Kill an enemy Pilot carrying a battery and pick it up off the ground
Alternately, you can ask a friendly Pilot to grab a battery for you.

>What's the deal with pulling multiple batteries out of Titans? You can only do it once and then it's grenades but if a teammate jumps on after you he'll pull one out for himself?
Magic, nigga.

Is that spread reducer true for all the shotguns or specifically the mastiff? Great tip nonetheless.

Frothys an idiot

Isnt it a good thing a majority of pilot tacticals are good?

Battery only come from rodeoing living titans
If you don't have a battery you pull one, if you do you drop a nade, it's possible to pull like 6 batterys from the same titan

If they're close/danger close, hip fire is better
Just the Mastiff

Treat it like quick scoping. Having the killshot on your hipfire but very quickly ADS as you're pulling the trigger, you don't need the full ADS for the tightened spread, just the start of the animation.

ADS = tighter spread = MUCH more reliable

Pretty sure Respawn just went with "if everything is overpowered than nothing is" approach and fucked up on a few aspects like unkillable A-Wall and 2 Phase charges.

Not everyone can Blue Plate Special like you can, user. Also, it's not a hitscan.

The problem is that they are all too good. That leads to extremely fucky balance, making everything op leads to everything feeling cheap instead of balanced

Alright, gonna practice that cowboy style

Am I the only one that refuses to put any camo on the flatline? Space AK looks great the way it is.

Is Respawn ever going to unfuck Coliseum?

>Frothy on smart pistol
>its a meme XD your bad since you meme on kids
>use to become a meme

What the fuck?

Are there any other TF2 youtubbers that arent like this cancerous meta fuck?

>instigating trashtalk

nigga you only talk shit if they go out of their way to get pissy.

>not using scratched camo for really authentic AK

But then I wouldn't be able to laugh about being called an epg tryhard.

I only shit at rddt and f3 so its fine

tfw gonna actually spend real money on Northstar Prime

Stop me lads.

>radar jammer above ticks

ok bud

There's barely any titanfall youtubers period. No money in titanfall

There's a few out there aside from Frothy, like Iniquity, Titanfall Legends, JerDude, Tony Mo, Benchy, and Vaughny. Stick to Vaughny if you want memes.

There's also Roll (among whatever other Japanese players), but that's mostly because they use a cute Voiceroid character for match commentary.
youtube.com/watch?v=GA_pjexkFW0

Why would I stop you?

Inequity is good, legends and jerdude are massive faggots no idea about the rest

I've thought about it, but I don't need you guys getting on my ass if I say something wrong

Vaughny for memes. That's all you need to know.
youtube.com/watch?v=-jXW-aLFqME
youtube.com/watch?v=6D3ZQJEfm5w

Why even bother with the assault rifles with the SMG's do so much damage?

What titan is the best to leave roam.

GameinReview is a pretty small channel but he's got some informative stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=agDIDnft7l4

>execution
>sexy looks
>it's Northstar
Why the fuck would I?

SMGs are definitely the strongest overall weapon class in the game, but the ARs are about as good and are (meant to be) more reliable at range.

Most will tell you that Scorch is the smartest Auto-Titan (without Assault Chip). He will goose people with the thermite launcher like you wouldn't believe.

This is shit editing for a meme montage

That only holds true on console, smgs out aim ars at mid to long on pc

I'm positive I've been killed my more auto-Ronins than Scorchs. You'll be jumping through the air and he just fucking turns and blasts you dead center mid air with the Leadwall.

most of the vocal ones on /tfg/ are scrubs anyways, don't worry

it might also be that people are less likely to engage a ronin up close and personal, letting it roam for longer

scorch's canister is the size of a mini-van

ronin has a massive spread and doesnt take much to kill a pilot

its hard for them to miss and thus they're ok as turrets

ded game get fucked losers

but but titanfall 2 is the most original shooter in ages guiz

That's nice sweetie.

B-but my f2p shit moba

Be on later Xstack. Though this accidental work days off fuck up has me all over with my sleeping.

and muh CSGO and what ever is popular on twitch

>makes everything feel cheap instead of balanced

I run Holopilot exclusively, so I'm kind of at the bottom of this shitheap with regards to tacticals. You're still wrong.

Things would feel "cheap" only if you had little to no method of escaping / countering / fighting back the majority of the time. Think of Overwatch's ultimates.

Being competent with mobility means you can outflank or outrun the majority of the fuckery the tacticals would otherwise be capable of pulling. Phase R-97s and A-Wall being the only exceptions.

I find it a little concerning that people so joyfully shit on the main tools that make this game fun just so they can feel better about themselves instead of actually getting better.

>there are CONFIRMED UNDERAGES in the discord
this is worse than reddit
burn the whole place to the fucking ground

>bringing discord into the thread
kill yourself desu senpai

Even Phase shitters I find I can deal with fairly reliably, and I'm shit compared to most people here I hope

They're annoying yes, but I can deal with them.

>discord drama
Worse than underage weebs tbqhwy famalam

Only thing that's ded is your brain kiddo ;)

I'm fine with them too
They're particularly hard to deal with as a Mastiff user, since I usually rely on two-shots to take down enemies, but the fire rate on Mastiff is juuuuuust slow enough that they can phase after the first shot wounds them

That said, people who bitch about phase shift can quit their whining

Phase isn't that bad, it would be more fair if it were 1 charge but it's nothing you can't deal with,and A-wall is just A-wall
The only thing I can honestly say is unfair to fight against is stim+EVA8
Because movement is 60 tick and damage is 20 tick they literally close in on you faster than they can take damage at the press of a button and you're instantly within their oneshot range
Neither stim or the EVA are that bad on their own, but when combined they just make pure cancer

God forbid you go up against those shitters with a projectile weapon

I had no idea about this and I use stim+mastiff all the time. Sorry.

Not switching cause I like being a robot girl.

really tickles the noodle

Don't worry about it, it's just mastiff, you still have to bother with projectile travel time and all that while zipping by so it's nowhere near as bad as EVA

Is... Is he alright? He seems like he's stroking out