/acg/-Armored Core General

We will never die Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMsWxunJPGQ
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/845146704143826944/pu/vid/720x1280/cVgprUSEirU7uu4Q.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump.

I will not let this die like i did with /cfog/!

bump

Bump.

the future looks dark at this rate.

JUST

I'm about to start Formula Front to pass some time. Anything I should know going in? Or opinions on the game in general? I never see it discussed here at all.

Formula Front is mostly a big arena game IIRC

I'm going out for a bit, so RIP /acg/ again. It's up to you ranker, I'll be back soon.

I-I will try.

bump

bump

dont die.

>4 hours
>only 3 posters

i love AC as much as anyone but you gotta wait until a new AC game is announced. like /aceg/ did

Bump

Sup.

Bump

The AI is pretty dumb until you unlock some nice chips.
Which you get by winning.
Just manual control all of it. It'll save you so much pain. I hope you're emulating because those PSP controls are pretty miserable.

Well I have to go for a good while, someone take bumping duty This will 404 when I come back, isnt it?

It won't because i'm here.

>mfw I get home as soon as ranker leaves
We got this, breh

Gonna emulate it.

Sucks that the AI isn't that good. I had too much fun programming UNACs, I was hoping FF would satisfy my autism more.

Yeah, it's nothing like the UNAC system until you start getting some non-red chips, at which point they start to share a mild similarity. You set behavior priorities, distribute some stat points (how many you get are determined by the head), and then assign chips that can only be set to time intervals.
Do some programming to get a feel for it, but don't expect UNACs. These AIs are a fair bit dumber. But then again, considering this is a PSP game, that's not totally unreasonable.

Main bumpers went out...
So that's what you were aiming for...

Oh cool, Ark did a tutorial.
youtube.com/watch?v=FMsWxunJPGQ

From, pls. Give us some info on whatever robutt game you're doing.

Screw that, THE FUTURE IS NOW
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/845146704143826944/pu/vid/720x1280/cVgprUSEirU7uu4Q.mp4

thank you guys for keeping the thread alive.

Nice pic.

kek

but I want AC on my future Cool shit btw

LIVE DAMN YOU!

BONER STATUS; ACHIEVED.

b

is this suppoose to be a Aaliyah adapted to another mecha type?

No idea, maybe. I'm just posting some stuff I found on pixiv that I haven't seen here.

Thanks for sharing, pixiv can be a bitch if you dont make a account

It's a good thing we stopped Stinger from achieving Phantasma's true final form.

Stinger did literally nothing wrong.

Surely, his DOOMSDAY ORGANIZATION was going to put Phantasma to good use for the betterment of mankind.

Night

Dont die.

Don't die

Ugh, I'm getting really sick of hearing about the new Zelda.

>DUDE IT'S 1000/10 THE BEST GAME IN THE UNIVERSE XD

I'm so glad you're back /acg/. Even if it's just for the night, or if we 404 during downtime. I'm just happy to see some good discussion.

Good luck.

Forgive me for this sacriligious statement, but I honestly want to see an open world Armored Core game. You can drive your mech around like in Xenoblade X, but it's got the combat of AC mixed up with the grounded customization aspect of Chromehounds, and it's got the faction wars of World of Tanks. I know it would never happen, but I can dream, right?

good night /acg/

I like the idea of being able to choose which missions you take on and then seeing how that affects the world

Hey, I asked about the 360 status of ACVD a couple weeks back, and I've now picked up a copy of it for cheap. Do people ever play on 360, or is it actually dead?

Bump.

Bump.

White Glint vs 1 million muscle tracers who wins

Since Nobless Oblige have 2 pilots, I think this one is Gerald, since he is young and have that "idealistic fool" face

it can always be a spin off game.

It's pretty dead now. I'm still down for some coop or 1v1s if you want though.

Gonna be busy today though.

It looks like Aaliyah done in AC2 style.

You almost got our wish with ACV. The "dark souls inspiration" meant 15 minute long 'open world' missions.

I don't think open world would work for AC, but something like 5 different regions (like DeS) where you can stay in each region as long as you want and visit various garages would be nice. The objectives change depending on the progress in the story and the online activity. AC2:AA did something similar with having stacks of missions located to one region, so you could stay in an "area" and just do all of that area's missions on your own before moving onto a new one.

It's just too bad that ACV had so many other problems and was rushed so badly (and had no resources given to it because "lol dark souls"), so they had to half-ass everything.

So is there any actual benefit in training your AI AC in Silent Line? Also it's good to see this thread is back.

Boxbot is best bot

You can bring them to fight alongside you in the 2v2 arena.

is this a rice boy reference?

radar heads are probably the most goofy looking heads in all the franchise.

You take that back.

>small head, almost skeletal
>big radar stuff coming from it
>the eye is more like a small camera
>ackward desing

is shit. Buckets heads are better.

So is the Foundation leader in Verdict Day suppose to be an updated A.I of the chief? The english voice actor sounds the same.

Or is it more of an homage?

According to the side stories from the Link site, he's definitely not Chief. He's some dude named Isaac. In fact, I think Chief took him in and was implied to have made him a little more than human.

A week with the general death and I was somehow sad, we just bump and give ocassional help to a newbie, but that is it.

I go to other more active generals and threads, yet seeing this one alive makes me more happy than any of the others.

bump

I play off and on, I'd be down for some mercing or 1v1s.

Why did Royal Mist make a big deal out of him? He was a pushover.

that looks like if it came from ONE PIECE

bump

Funny, as he was a let down too.

Oh yeah, so whoever was aking about the PS2 VOTOMS game, what, a month and a half ago?
So I asked Vass and he told me that there are some missions that start you without an AT. For those missions, you bet a big anti-AT rifle.
So yes, there is somewhat of a Mellowlink mode. Kind of.
Do not bully.

rip

Enjoy getting hit by missiles lmao

If only the optics are good... I rather stick to high precision from BFF

Trufacts, I prefer the boxy look of mechs. I don't like all these sleek anime designs that look like something Shadow the Hedgehog would pilot.

Apologize.

>not!Sephiroth

Nah.

>realizing that ornstein and smaug in DS1 is just a copy of the white glint 2v1 fight, except with the roles reversed, including the partner going down halfway and the second boss mode.

>old king in demons souls: good guy that was sealed away
>old king in AC: absolute madman

Really stimulates those frontal lobes

made this