What do you think about the concept of karma?

what do you think about the concept of karma?

I can't believe in karma anymore since My Name is Earl got cancelled. there can't be any justice in the world

In a well-ordered universe it would exist. But since most religions that believe in Karma think the consequences can happen in this life, the next life, or in different realities. It's basically impossible to know.

I don't believe in it

I love it but I havent got a yellow paper to write my list of bad actions.

Hey Randy, what do we have for breakfast today!?

i think people build it up as a concept too much. to me, karma is just cause and effect. for example, if you cheat in your relationships, that will affect your behaviour and the behaviour of others toward you. no more mystical than knowing that keeping your room free of food makes pests less likely.

My Name is Cuckold went downhill after he went to prison. It was cancelled because the writer refused to have any interference even though the episodes were getting increasingly lame

consciously doing good things makes people feel good, which leads them to expect good things to happen to them. it's all in the head.
this isn't completely fair. sure season 3 was a mess and the show acknowledged that in inside probe, but i think season 4 (darnell storyline aside) was a lot like season 1, in that it just focused on one item/episode, so it managed to be comfy.

society is a force seperate from the entities acting within it, to the point we are dragged along by it, by history, karma can be sort of like that, in the same vain

I don't believe in it but I optimistically live as if it did. Or at least as a comforting idiom when I get fukt.

I think it got stale around season three. It was a nice show tho.

>Or at least as a comforting idiom when I get fukt.
what is love ?

You do a good deed not to recieve later, you do a good deed to watch another's benefit in the present.

Also, doing a lot of bad deeds eventually will come together, rather than immediately.

Karma is action. Everything has karma. Karma is as simple as you brush your teeth. The teeth are dirty (effect) cause all the food (cause), and so you brush you teeth (action) which becomes the cause and the effect is minty freshness.

Hey Earl.

superstitious nonsense

Hey crabman.

What race is Earl?

white trash

There was no development and the liberal bullshit just got old

>religion is retarded
>if your wife gets knocked up by another man, the responsible thing to do is stay with her and raise the kid
>learn to get over my bigotry and help a gay man find a date
>help settle inter gang prison strife by getting the leaders of the gangs together, the lovebirds
>only main characters with a shred of common sense or intelligence are the minorities
>only main characters who weren't career felons are the minorities

I mean, damn.

Triggered

This feels a lot like bait but I'll bite
>religion is retarded
And that doesn't matter if it encourages you to do good (see nun episode)
>if your wife gets knocked up by another man, the responsible thing to do is stay with her and raise the kid
nto responsible, but altruistic. They're poor as hell as it is, leaving them would've been cruel.
>learn to get over my bigotry and help a gay man find a date
Make reprimands for crushing a man's confidence by helping him restore it despite how uncomfortable it is. Did you even watch the show?
>help settle inter gang prison strife by getting the leaders of the gangs together, the lovebirds
Season 3 was garbage, but that episode was funny. Life must be difficult being such a hyperpolitical faggot. Plus, white man gets niggers and spics to stop chirping by exploiting their faggotry, I would think a /pol/ack would enjoy this.
>only main characters with a shred of common sense or intelligence are the minorities
This feels like an overreaction to the Darnell jokes. Catalina was hardly more intelligent than the others. Also, the show obviously intends to affectionately lampoon white trash, which undeniably exists. Quit being so easily offended.
>only main characters who weren't career felons are the minorities
Catalina was an illegal immigrant and Crabman sold weed. Yawn. Plus Randy only had misdemeanors.

Did anything good ever happen to him or did he just spend the entire show getting shat on desperately trying to make up for his bad actions?

They intended the show to end with Earl learning that he caused a chain reaction of other people starting their own lists, so he stops doing it once he finally contributed more good than bad to the world.

>And that doesn't matter if it encourages you to do good (see nun episode)
It didn't make her do good, she was a completely awful human being, she only did good when she thought she was a prophet. It's an incredibly condescending attitude toward religion...I mean, the inmate who got reformed by it has Moses tattooed on his ass? C'mon, a little irreverent humor is one thing, but that's literally shitting on religion as something cringeworthy. And the nun came down to, 'It doesn't matter *why* you do something good, just so long as you do," not, "religion is good if it makes you good."

>nto responsible, but altruistic. They're poor as hell as it is, leaving them would've been cruel.
Was Crab Man portrayed as cruel for doing something that had a 99% chance of causing that?

>Make reprimands for crushing a man's confidence by helping him restore it despite how uncomfortable it is. Did you even watch the show?
Yes, and a major part of that is Earl getting comfortable with homosexuals.

>Plus, white man gets niggers and spics to stop chirping by exploiting their faggotry, I would think a /pol/ack would enjoy this.
I'm not a /pol/lack, and I've been to prison and being Mexican, dealt with inter-prison strife. There are very strict procedures to follow in prison to avoid it, It still happens all the time, but that's such a stupid thing to shoehorn as a solution.

>This feels like an overreaction to the Darnell jokes.
Every character is a joke, what's your point?

>Catalina was hardly more intelligent than the others.
Not academically, but practically, she was.

>Also, the show obviously intends to affectionately lampoon white trash
Right, I get that it's the Amon 'n' Andy show of white people, but making "poor white people steal" a stereotype, which is completely subverted for a poor black guy and a poor Mexican, is still ridiculous--not because it accentuates the dishonesty of poor whites, but rather because it is totally dissonant with the show's racial kumbaya

>Catalina was an illegal immigrant and Crabman sold weed. Yawn. Plus Randy only had misdemeanors.
The first two are presumably things the creator does not think should be illegal, and as far as I can recall, Randy only got caught for misdemeanors, but actually was involved in felonies for a living regardless.

Doing good things will make you feel good, which might in turn give you incentive to bring your life in a more positive direction.

But it's not law.

Unless you're a sociopath, you do feel good when you do good for others, as other anons have said.

Besides that, I look at karma this way: by doing good deeds as a rule rather than an exception, it would eventually come back around as other people would be doing the same thing and you are bound to run into one of those people eventually. The same can be said if everybody is being shitty to each other. So, as a concept for a society karma checks out, you just can be a fag and think "I did one good thing, when is somebody gonna do one good thing for me!"

Holy fuck. I had forgotten about this show but it was so fucking good, at least until the fifth season or so when the story turned fucking nuts and it was clear the writers just didn't give a shit about it anymore

Crabman also commited espionage.

>>if your wife gets knocked up by another man, the responsible thing to do is stay with her and raise the kid
desu Earl was too retarded to even realise they were not his kids.

>It's an incredibly condescending attitude toward religion...I mean, the inmate who got reformed by it has Moses tattooed on his ass? C'mon, a little irreverent humor is one thing, but that's literally shitting on religion as something cringeworthy.
That sounds like your personal opinion. Most people in America could give a shit about these jokes. Also notice how they spent most of their time shitting on the extent people go in their worship, but the Moses guy WAS reformed by his religion and it DID help him improve his life. Doesn't sound like shitting on religion to me.

>And the nun came down to, 'It doesn't matter *why* you do something good, just so long as you do," not, "religion is good if it makes you good."
Again, how does this constitute "shitting" on religion. I think it's more like reconciling religion with an irreligious perspective. If the show was the liberal propaganda machine you think it is then it wouldn't recognize religion's potential to do any good.

>Was Crab Man portrayed as cruel for doing something that had a 99% chance of causing that?
This is a little valid, but it did show him freaking out about it at first, not being able to be there at first cuz he and Joy were fighting, and then him always keeping a watchful eye over the kids afterward. Also in Joy and Crab Man's wedding episode, Earl gets back at Crabman and they have a talk where Crabman's like "hey i did the same thing to you" but the fact that Joy and him were legitimately in love while Earl and Joy were mainly together over sex and the kids made up for that.

>Yes, and a major part of that is Earl getting comfortable with homosexuals.
Acceptance of homosexuals is no longer exclusively liberal. Plus Earl never became completely comfortable with it. Whenever Kenny would get lovey with one of his boyfriends around Earl he'd get noticeably uncomfortable.

>There are very strict procedures to follow in prison to avoid it, It still happens all the time, but that's such a stupid thing to shoehorn as a solution.
Personal opinion. It's a comedy show, not a damn documentary.

>Every character is a joke, what's your point?
Seeing a smart black man makes you rage.

>Not academically, but practically, she was.
Eh

>making "poor white people steal" a stereotype, which is completely subverted for a poor black guy and a poor Mexican, is still ridiculous--not because it accentuates the dishonesty of poor whites, but rather because it is totally dissonant with the show's racial kumbaya
Nowhere did the show affirm that all poor white people steal. Maybe that all poor white people are dumb, but not steal. This reeks of oversensitivity.

It's nonsensical.