Newish manual driver here

newish manual driver here.

is driving manual cars with boots hard?

I've gone back to sneakers ever since ei started driving a manual car. so far so good. think it would be dangerous for me to start wearing boots again?

Just tried that yesterday
Got new boots for work that are chuncky

No, wearing boots will not cause you any kind of problem.

no.. i wear flip flops sometimes it's the most dangerous shoe you can wear. you aren't racing formula 1 ur going to work.

When I worked shit jobs, I'd just leave the boots in the car and put them on/take them off at work

It can be a little tricky in very heavy winter boots, or in rubber boots, but ordinary work boots or cowboy boots won't be a problem.

driving stick with boots is an ergonomic nightmare. If I'm going somewhere where I need boots, I'll just change into the boots when I get there and keep a pair of sneakers in the car for driving.
Best sneakers for driving stick are Onitsuka Tigers. Either the Ultimate 81 or Mexico 66 models.

Is this a real question people have? Are you baiting? Yes, you can push a fucking pedal in any kind of shoe. You could drive barefoot if you fucking wanted to. Christ.

>autism
your commute to work is not spa francorchamps

people are fucking hopeless these days.
i swear most of these threads are just basically narcissistic people blogging about completely mundane shit in their lives

not even. Driving in steel toe boots is a nightmare ergonomically. There's less feel, and I constantly find my left foot also pushing the brake when I just want the clutch. Having smaller, flatter shoes for driving isn't autism. It's safety

yeah, but you stop doing that after about 5 minutes.

doesn't fix the feel, and It's still less safe. Still safer than women who insist on driving in high heels though
>there are women who insist on wearing heels while driving stick
all of my why.

I switch between steel toe work boots and sneakers and sometimes drive in sandals or slippers when I'm extremely lazy. It takes me 1-3 clutch presses to adjust.

Depends on your shoes and your car. My old truck I could wear my Sorel snow boots and drive. My little Honda I can still wear my work boots, but space is tight and when I'm sitting at a light I sometimes find my foot has rolled off the brake onto the throttle and I'll be revving at 1500 RPM or so. Flip flops are annoying as fuck.

every country yuppie wears boots in his hand me down jacked pick up

Bare foot and sneakers things master race here.

Boots a shit

>is driving manual cars with boots hard?
Only if they're large safety boots that haven't been worn in, and you're in a small car.
I occasionally have problems with that, namely my feet connecting while trying to engine-brake smoothly and smashing the brake down with the clutch.

>find my foot has rolled off the brake onto the throttle
> Being this unaware of what your feet are doing
Found the automatic driver.

Steel toe boots can feel a bit awkward as there's less sensation, but you get used to it.

Are you guys all physically disabled? I used to drive a Miata while wearing steel toed boots and could shift just fine, even heel-toe.

Move the seat back a little to accommodate the thicker soles.

who cares if your shifts arent that great... you're not the passenger.

that said ive got some old worn down vans that I keep just for trips

Can't wait to drive a 28y/o Deutz Firefighting truck with boots like pic related when I pass my FF-engineer courses.

Ayyy based Onitsukas

It's doable, but I don't advise it.

>wearing altimas
>2017

But in all seriousness we can't let this guy keep shoping at army surplus stores

>there are women who insist on wearing heels while driving stick
That is my fetish

>Onitsuka Tigers
My boi

It depends what kinda boots I've driven in penguin chukka boots and it felt like I had thin pieces of wood on my feet for pedal feel kek

Those are red wings, ya dingus

As long as the petals are spaced wide enough you should be fine after a bit of adjustment. Use to drive mine with everything from bare feet to redwings (just never flipflops ever). If you suck at it like most things in life it's going to be tougher for you.

>>there are women who insist on wearing heels while driving stick
>That is my fetish

You must be a wife beater.

You just need to be used to drive a manual car first. Note that the thicker the sole of your shoes is, the weaker the clutch feedback will be. That's important because you need to feel your inputs.
At some point you'll be comfortable enough to drive with any sort of footwear.

Flip flops are shit as well as any slippery footwear, like wet shoes or town footwear.

I have been doing that for years and I drive a europoor manual shitbox. At some point you don't even need to have a "feel" because you have been repeating the same movements thousands of time. Just avoid flip flops, heels and slippery soles. This is my experience with daily commuting, take your ar to the track might be a different thing.

My boots are very chunky steel toes, there isnt a difference

Give it a shot, its not really that bad.
If you want to be safe then just wear regular shoes and bring your boots with you to change into when you get to your destination.

I drive with boots like 85% of the time (I've got reasonably big feet FWIW). It might be weird at first but you'll get used to it.

You're not very good at driving are you?

how about bouncing aircush dr martens?

Mexico 66s are the GOAT driving sneaker

>drive any conditions w/ any clothing
are you even trying?

easy as to drive in. I use my low tops all the time on my way to Church

I wear boots for work and don't wear them driving because they're so thick with thick soles. I just change into them when I get there. I don't see any real need to figure out how to drive in my boots because they're dirty so they're better off only being in my trunk and never in the cabin anyway.

My danners are so wide i that i cant push the gas. I hit brake pedal and trans tunnel

>not driving barefoot

Neither are made in America, so same same.

Honestly it's just a lot more uncomfortable but it's not like it's impossible. I guess if you're not used to driving, you probably shouldn't be driving with boots.

During the winter i use boots while driving and it's no problem. It just adds a lot of thickness making it a lot harder to feel the pedals.

I drive in boots every day. Currently rocking red wing 8" steel toe loggers, driving a FIesta ST. Very easy to drive, never accidentally mash the wrong pedal, don't catch on the pedals, the worst that happens is I might drag the side of my foot on the brake when letting off the gas. But it's pulling up the brake, so no harm there, and it generally only happens when I get lazy with my foot positioning anyway. Also the back of the boot will drag on and pull up my rubber floor mat when I hit the clutch if I don't do it right.

New boots are a bit tricky to drive in since they're so stiff, but once they're broken in it's fine. Wouldn't recommend driving in giant rubber boots like farmers wear, or in the ultra-huge insulated winter boot monstrosities that some people seem to like, but basic leather work boots are fine and dandy to drive around with, at least in my car.

If you're driving something with a super tiny foot well, like an old MG Midget or something, you might have trouble, but in anything normal sized you'll be fine.

Red wings are us made.
Do you have brain problems, friend?

you need to get used to them, that being sad if im wearing th8e work boots but im alone in the car i just take them out and go full comfy