>Can take 700hp on stock internals/suspension without any problems

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJSdQ3gqUJA
hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/
trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/
youtube.com/watch?v=gOZtUd_mORs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

500 bucks a ebay turbo and a weekend

For its displacement it is a fucking beast.

Jay Leno detected

>displacelets

when will they ever learn?

Repeat after me:
THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

revs>cubes

*swaps 4th gen 3SGTE with a Garett GT83 and embarrasses your shitheap mustang with just 2L*

Nothing personell kid

BMW M62TUB44, 4.4L V8

1KD and 2KD engines. had 300k miles on a 2kd, rolled 6 times down a hill, ran the entire time, kept running after while it was upsidedown. now at 350k in another vehicle without ever having the head off.

>needing to be modified to make 700hp.

You really can't go wrong with a 4A-GE, they seriously just keep ticking on.

Because they put out fuck-all for power. Same reason why big "inefficient" V8's are still going strong.

>implying that isn't modified

You can walk into any dealership and buy that with a warranty.

Yeah but at the time it was released it was something special, regardless the engine is still deadly reliable.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJSdQ3gqUJA
Cadillac 500ci/8.2l V8 former fastest engine ever, did so on a stock crankshaft

Comparable engines from America and Germany paled in comparison to reliability. Also back then that 4AGE's power output was acceptable.

that doesn't mean it isn't modified

>GM sells crate motor that puts out horsepower
>based the motor off of other motor
'its modified'

Then, faggot, what is your interpretation of a bulletproof engine?
Not modified?

the LSX is a a modified design of the gen 3 and 4
GM small block

the LSX is not production

I think you've read 'stock blocks that are unmodified from factory or otherwise' somewhere, but it's not in this thread.

>this much damage control

Feast your eyes on the iForce V8 gas engine.

More bulletproof than most of these pansy gas engines on this thread.

can go 1 million without shitting itself.

Vk56 is better. Don't need to go 1 million I can buy a new car.

IMO most BMWs have great engines. Too bad all the shit surrounding it constantly breaks

250 xflow

There are annoyances. I'm looking at you intake and oil pan gaskets, but the core is unkillable with regular maintenance, and the. Are great to work on because parts are cheap as shit.

When they first came out, they put out a fair bit considering their displacement.

20 valves are even better... but unfortunately they're a little more fragile. They seem to spin bearings quite easily.

bottom end bearing failure could be fun

Interesting you mention this. Over the lifetime of the car, most all consumer-grade (non M) BMW's cost less to maintain as opposed to their Japanese counterparts.

because most japanese cars will have had some sort of engine/transmission failure over the mileage that a BMW engine will last
I can anecdotally confirm

The coyote is great, s550s started getting forged rods as well. The main weak link is the hyperecutic pistons (aluminum,right?) Great heads, similar flowing to 03 cobra before and after porting.

Im gonna throw the termi motor out there ,could be biased cause mine went 134000 miles with stock everything and 600whp from a kb on ~20 psi. Being abused CONSTANTLY. Of course, the pistons are known to have a flawed anti friction coating that always goes out, and that was my problem. I reused the kellog crank, new bearings, 4340 h beam manleys. Aftermarket 8.5:1 forged slugs though.

Supposedly the stock german crank handles 1000rwhp, and 1300-1400 after being modified (some fairly expensive process). Rods are rated to hold like 800whp, i believe billet makes a really good i beam that can hold over 1000.

Also, the stock heads can be cnc ported with 1mm oversize valves, ive seen 350 cfm at .500 lift. Not bad for a 3.55 bore 4.6 factory head. The coyote can do the same though.

As most here already know, the car gets a decent 8.8 and a diff with carbon clutch packs. And a mandatory t56. Mines held up well with a killer spec clutch in it. Thing feels like im deadlifting though, its hilarious.

My point is, plenty of dudes are out there with stock motors making 800whp from e85, big whipple/kb, and a safe 75 shot. All these things really need is pistons to go forever, and maybe an eventual head rebuild with stainless valves and bronze valve guides.

I love the LS as well, good experience with them myself. 200k miles of hot rodding and no problems.

Lastly, the 2jz. Said to hold 1000hp stock? Idk. Ive read into it and people say they throw rods at 400hp. Obviously, with forged bottom end, heads, cams, and a fuckton of boost and rpm they run great. But what the hell doesnt?

Obligatory 2jz

I have a lasabre that my grandpa put 600k miles on. Replaced a lot of parts, but never any major engine parts.

Yeah if you like dick in your ass maybe

whats the stock suspension of an engine?

disagree, the m60b40 is bullet proof though

>

For me it is the Pentastar, the best v6 engine.

Cute rhyme cletus. The replacement is called higher pressure. It's mostly about airflow and how much fuel you can burn, not size.

>>Can take 700hp on stock internals/suspension without any problems
>stock suspension
What?

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/

>1200hp
>4.8L truck motor

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/

>1300hp
>5.3L truck motor

The rotating assemblies on these are the definition of stronk.

>not liking dicks up your ass
What are ya, gay?

Those aren't engines, those are boat anchors.

>20 valves are even better.
Sure, if you like stupidly high amounts of inertia in your valvetrain.

Pmt. Love BMWs, but the amount of maintenance needed is annoying. Fuckin plastic thermostat housing and shit.

Best v6

>any of the above
>Bullet proof

Choose one.

When you get into marine and stationary engines you can't see any automotive engine as reliable anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=gOZtUd_mORs

>upwards of 400 hp/L
>this is a common sight among drag Quattros

Got this baby in an enclosure with the lower powered 150kw output. J150u

>Full load 10 seconds after a freezing cold start
>120 times in 2 years thanks to 3rd world electrical supply

We only expect to rebuild it after the owner to the local dealership dies

6068HF120-153 John Deere engine

They use the same thing in tractors and they use the same block for diesel, gasoline and lpg applications. You can see the blanks in the cam covers for the spark plugs.