RYZEN

What is the automotive equivalent of AMD's new Ryzen CPUs?

Info for the uninitiated:
youtube.com/watch?v=mfrBYKd_qAs

Ryzen 7 review:
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M

Ryzen 5 review:
youtube.com/watch?v=mbK0n5FjvhI

>Ryzen 3 isn't released yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.x86.fr/bench/rjmzdu/1
guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-processor-review,9.html
youtu.be/uoE1s0pqjv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Twingo, because despite it being shit people still like it.

im not watching that shit nerd lmao gtfo with your ads

But Ryzen isn't shit

>being this insecure about your own intelligence
The point is Ryzen offers just as much performance as higher end Intel CPUs, for less money, while giving you technology that is more future-proof than Intel's, and without much, if any drawbacks.

3k civic

Also at twice the voltage and heat levels. How much is AMD paying you?

with a few essential mods?

>Also at twice the voltage and heat levels
>When the 7700k housefire exists

>lower quality 8 core AM4 is slower than high quality 6 core X99

gaming performance isn't anywhere near the 7700k for the price. It's only good for video encoding, streaming and content creation.

ecoboost(TM)™

Kek

The main hallmark of Ryzen is that it has MOAR COREZ and a lower price than Intel, but has less single core performance.

Ryzen is currently better than intel on midrange budgets (Ryzen 5 > i5).

On the high range, Intel (i7 7700k) is a bit better than Ryzen for gaming, what most consumers build their computers for, but much worse for productivity such as video editing or general development things.

On the extra high range Intel has the X99 platform, which costs 2+ times as much as the most expensive Ryzen but is only marginally better.

I would think the automative equivalent would be something that's better than what most reasonably budget conscious consumers drive, and better than high end cars around 'the track' and other 'professional' use-cases, but NOT as good as high end cars in straight-line red-light racing, where most consumers are using their cars.

not to mention amd overheats, just like the corvette

>Linus

7700k isn't a house fire anymore.

(((Intel))) told everyone to just stop overclocking :)

Hellcat maybe? 700 horsepower starting at 60k. Can run with an Aston Martin that costs three times as much.

Dodge
>Stuck rehashing mediocre to decent budget cars for one or two generations
>Pours R&D into new generation (Hellcat series, Viper ACR, etc)
>Competition is complacent and overpriced their products (German cars like Porsche)
>New Generation smashes same records as cars nearly ten times the price (ACR)
>"Budget" cars are now really competitive at sub-100k range

It's the LS series.

Moar cores=moar displacement. Brute force to compete with others, not exactly efficient but efficient enough.

An EcoBoost Mustang. $25K MSRP, 310HP, and good gas mileage.

Civic probably

LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's .

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to . fag

>spending $500 extra for 10 more fps

He lurks /g/ and masturbates to posts like these

>He is a dumb label reader.
>He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
>He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
>He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
>Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.
>His "humor" is 9gag level
Wow just like /g/ fags

>linus shill tips videos

Camaro 1LE

So Porsche Cayman?

I guess this means Doug Demuro is the Linus of Veeky Forums

>Compassions part
i7 and majority of the time i5 BTFO's ryzen

Poorfags, when will they learn?

>(((i5))) BTFOing Ryzen
>ever

>i7 7700k $349

>Ryzen 7 1800x $489

you were saying.

no no, demuro isnt THAT bad. saabkyle is the closest to his description considering he just parrots a wikipedia article and walks around a car but hes not a shitty nerd like linus. demuro and saabkyle are both just kinda fuckin weirdos

>current year
>being a corelet

>being a gaymer

Except AMD says the 1800X competes not with the 7700k, but the 6900k.

>hyperthreaded V8core vs intel 4core and 6 core turbo
AMD Ryzen is the Ford of CPUs

is there any need for more proof that white race mixers are degenerate?

>If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
I actually prefer Hardware Canucks.

>competes not with the 7700k, but the 6900k.
>ryzen is 9% slower than the 7700k

It competes with i5's for twice the price.

equivalent of AMD? gotta be Chevrolet/Corvette
>promised to be the best but failing every time
>tends to overheat
>cheap and not-so-good alternative for best in class

>be AMD
>"lmfao, Conroe will totally get BTFO"
>"lmfao, Bulldozer is amazing"
>2017
>doing the same stupid shit

This time they shilled hardcore and made every tech channel on YT make 50 videos a week before this shit even launched, and guess what!? Same. Damn. Shit. No surprises here.

The ONLY saving grace here is the fact Intel REALLY nigged kabylake with the thermal paste for the CPU's lid, thus leading to some people getting 80C temperature spikes for no reason.

But seriously, AMD gonna AMD.

7700k is faster than the 6900k too by your logic

gtr vs corvette threads not enough huh? gotta start an amd vs intel thread too

Wrong.
Intel is Ford because muh EcoBoost™

>80°C
What the fuck?
Not even my overclocked FX-8350 got that hot.
How long can a CPU even work at these temperatures?

With a few simple essential mods, ofc

>moar weak cores vs few stronk cores

The opposite I can imagine is piston vs rotary engine, except the rotary engine is the inferior one.

user...
valid.x86.fr/bench/rjmzdu/1

guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-processor-review,9.html

It's actually 20 degrees overeported, for some reason AMD made Ryzen output a higher reading to the Mobo for cooking reasons, so all the reviewers and OCers were shitting themselves wondering why an Idle chip was at 70C, but then AMD did a press release

*cooling reasons, L1Techs gave a good explanation

youtu.be/uoE1s0pqjv0