/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Testfire edition!

Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- A Testfire is happening from March 24 to march to March 26: youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg
- Check out two of the first new stages in Splatoon 2 - Musselforge Fitness! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/157071078564/weve-gotten-a-first-look-inside-one-of-the-new#
- As well as Urchin Amphitheatre! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/834339250753544197

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

That was fun

>kicked out mid match
well ok then

how many hours till the next one?

How many squibs did you bully, /ink/? Did you squidbag any of them?

Did any of them squidbag you back?

7 i think? 11pm EST? unless i'm mistaken

I was the squib getting bullied

I'm rusty

Post Muscular Squid Girls.

Had on average a 7-2 kill to death ratio on every match.
I'd say it was pretty good considering I haven't played for a couple of months.

Anyone still listening to the menu music? this shit is good

I'm waiting for to post

Any quality rippers in here? I'd love to get a download for the new songs.

Cute!!!

I want Splatune 2 so bad.

this one?

First time player here. The motion controls aren't actually that bad and you can get used to them very quickly.

I think it must be the face that it's only up and down and left and right are controlled with the stock.

That was my first time playing a splatoon game and I had a lot of fun. Went 7-2 throughout the hour with only one disconnect.

Here you go. I'll try to get a better one later, the others I took are too close to the poster.

Ika Jamaica 2 is so fucking good.

Who else made the mistake of playing Breath of the Wild up until the Testfire started.
And then accidentally pop the map every time you wanted to jump?

Actually, most old Splatoon players almost don't touch the stick, they aim left and right with gyro as well. Try doing that in the next slot.

FUCK. me. It was so hard to adjust away from that muscle memory.

>tfw this summer is going be amazing

would be cute as fuck if the first new splatfest was cats vs dogs

I made the second mistake a lot.
It's gonna take a while to get used to.

The Japanese switch presentation event had a live performance of it.
If only I could find the link to it again.

Welcome! Yup, sticks for moving and turning your squid around, gyro for aiming. The only downside is it's hard to go back to only having sticks on other games.

It didn't go so well for me. I had a few wins but then I lost match after match. I blame myself for overthinking about the controls, it was easier when I just mashed whatever button I came across. That, or I just got lucky with my teammates. It was my first time to play Splatoon and the motion control had really thrown me off.

constantly, though I do think it's awesome that you can manipulate the map with the motion controls. I do hope they'll add back the squid size at the top so you can tell how you're team is doing, though I think I'll be able to adapt eventually once I can actually spend 80 hours on this game.

That's it, thanks anons. Surprised they put that in there.

Eh, I've had to deal with controls dissonance before.

t-minus 6 hours, 35 minutes until Round 2.

Jump with X in Splatoon.
Jump with X in Zelda.
Jump with B in Splatoon 2.

Like. I'll get over it. But damn.

I squidbagged a lot. I never got squidbagged back.

>squibs on /ink/
Are we going to live again?

post best matches

>Get jetpack
>See player on the other team has a jetpack

Did anyone figure out how to dash with the dualies? I tried everything I could think of to no avail.

>got jetpack to work
>got shot down a second after

I badly need to get better at this.

how do you get the images? when i tried before it only gave social media options, and this time i just got an error message

i need a webm of the female duelies victory pose

I really hope there's an option to change that.

Did anyone notice that the Stingray has the same engine sound as the Hydra Splatling?

Saved it onto an sd card
(if you already put it on system memory you can select the image and hit copy to move it over to one)

Can confirm travel charge doesn't last long, but its still something serious

Friends with Octolings!
Friends with /ink/!

A lot of matches were like this, for me, actually. I was never this consistent in Splat1

>never this consistent in Splat1
Maybe because of the squib density in testfire?

were there any pieces of gear you felt strongly about, /ink/?

>gas mask is back
>it's colorful, though
I'm very ambivalent about this.

I found it interesting how chargers light up like some kind of flare beacon when charged up.
An interesting choice. I don't really mind it, but it's interesting since the laser beams were already relatively visible. Even with people aiming at the floor.

explain this

>That K/D
>1 vs 3
That is a bitch.

I really, really miss the match queue minigames.
In fact I really miss the Wii U gamepad in general.

I love my Switch, I also miss my Wii U. I'll defend the Wii U and the Wii U gamepad. It was good and could add a lot to a lot of games.

Its alright, but its perfect when aiming and there is a roller coming at you from the corner of your eye and you need the distance.

Also I love the Manta Ray special
Got like 20+ kills with it. Its perfect for cutting off players and finding out where they are hiding at behind walls.

i never even played it personally

the minigames were a little TOO good
i got bad RSI from playing them so much during splatfests

friendly skinship between good friends

>ChubThePug
>AnimeFur
No wonder your team lost

I hope they'll add the minigames back in. That being said, I also miss my WiiU, but I feel like Switch will have everything and more eventually. It's just a matter of time!

>not the lewder version

loving these new specials

So it was good? When's the Spla2n bundle coming out? I wanna play!

Seems like any non-retard would just swim away before the slam. The wind up is too long.

So is it me or these specials are not as powerful/massive in comparison to the previous ones?

>mfw I successfully trick spawn campers with new spec
Hope one gets added to the Luna Blaster.

>OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWN!

they seem to be more aggressive, splatoon had a nice balance between offence, defense and utility specials, spla2n seems focused on offence

That webm actually looks like a textbook use where the other squid doesn't have enough ink to swim away.

Tenta Missles are pure GARBAGE

Maybe not, but the homing launcher at least seems to allow for more tactical use. I've used it a couple times to lure bad guys out towards me for an ambush.

>dat pic

BOOBS TOO BIG

>anyone under you can get splat
nice

flat is truly justice
that's a good thing if true

don't forget that it shows where you used the special from so people can camp it just like a super jump.
I didn't realize this until two moonies were waiting for me when it ended.

Well that's the thing. You can just splat with the roller normally then. There's no need to use the special. Unless you've got i-frames the whole time it's going it seems like a pointless thing.

So it works like F.L.U.D.D. Hover Nozel

Was I hallucinating or was this game at a higher resolution (1080p?) compared to Splatone?

They said something about 1080p 60fps for Splat2, but I need confirmation to believe it.

we need a higher res. someone better rip the assets

These specials are looking like more flash than substance. Spla2n is going to be worse than the original. Mark my words.

Yeah, fair point. I think you are invincible during the animation.

TM are pretty annoying. Still miss the Inkstrike, though.

Had fun, might end up buying this game. I have major anxiety issues and in most online games a simple "dude bro you're fucking garbage" sends me into a crippling 3+ day depression. Since there's no chat function in this game I won't have to deal with that.

Post Friend Codes!

kraken shitter detected

You'll also learn to accept your teammates instead of blaming them, think for several people at once, multitask like crazy and overall become a more productive person.

...friend codes? you're joking, right? does the Switch really have friend codes?

Also a substantial part of the userbase are literal children so you can always deliberately derank yourself and stomp on some dreams.

Even Inkstrike is much more versitale than any of the new specials. I also gonna miss echo, especially if H3 doesn't get point sensors.

You can also add people you played with online or local, and I haven't played with everybody here

this thing jesus crist

So is it good?

It's weird

>WiiU doesn't have friend codes
>Switch brings it back
>But it also let's you add friends you've had on WiiU and 3DS (I think, due to none of my friends not having a Switch, I can only confirm you can add mobile game friends)

this is easily the worst special

WiiU did have friend codes, though...

I had fun. Though it was my first time playing a splat game.

ugh, I can relate. whenever someone criticizes, even if it's jokingly, me I feel so so terrible. I'm hypersensitive to criticism, so I also hate voice chat. socializing in general is super risky haha
hmm... qr codes would be better. I know the Switch doesn't have a camera, but they could've pushed friend adding to their mobile app like they did with voice chat.

Not that guy. But it's really not that bad at all. But basically.

>Are the enemies within the range of your normal weapon(s)?
Then it's not worth it.
>Are the enemies outside the range of your weapon?
Fuck them over, your weapon has unlimited range.

No, it didn't.