Share the love edition and updated individual games bin as well

>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>PCB meme of the week:
android samurai
embrace minus five to wis
then harakiri

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=An_sP8yLeGg
youtube.com/channel/UCsCqXksJuAkfZRtnW5Pq1mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

hey this one is higher resolution than normal too

I'm playing babbies first roguelike, hoping it would be a good cut-your-teeth kind of deal. Am I correct in assuming that I need to be able to Levitate or some shit to get those cock-tease loots over there? I've checked the commands and asked google about some sort of jump function but no dice.

>babbies first
that doesnt look like dcss

what are you playing user?

youtube.com/watch?v=An_sP8yLeGg

opinions on this?

Drumpfkins get out
This is a Hillary-supporting general

is there any downside to using a car battery on a motor bike? also is there just a guide anywhere on half this stuff? the wikid oesnt have a whole lot of info and the FAQ pastebins just try to spoil the game

Curse of Yendor. It seems pretty simple compared to what I see a lot of people playing.

>tfw no snickersnee or tum tum tree

>ywn have a gf who whiffles through your tulgey wood and burbles as she comes

rogue needs to be on 00

I didn't make the chart, just reposting it since it's a new thread.

>find early randart
>it's actually great
Always such a comfy feeling

Not really. The car battery weighs more, but unless they actually fixed the calculations, weight doesn't really matter for anything motorized.

how do you proof that
where is the science and mathematics in magic and casting

is the berlin interpretation turing complete

>gear up to clear a town of zombies
>equip power armor, mod up my laser gun, eat two whole beds and a dresser so I have enough power to use my bionics
>drive into town and unsheathe katana
>Slimewaifu obliterates everything that comes within range
>have to leave it to enter melee
>minutes later, a hulk punches me out of the crowd
>shortly afterward slimewaifu downs the whole crowd
>realize that I'm literally just getting in her way
>give up on making a meaningful contribution to combat and make dinner to the sound of bio-weapon fire
I for one welcome this development.
It's heavy so it might make your bike go marginally slower. What have you done to your bike that you need more power? You might be better off with a bigger alternator.

I don't get it.
What's the point of playing at that point?

failed normie get out
this general is for failures that shun social values not failures that accept them

Fun.

>how do you proof that
>where is the science and mathematics in magic and casting
I'm not a wizard yet (4 years more), but:
That depends on the school.
For more pure ones, you can prove by formula that a magic missile will move at specific speed, not hit any unintended target (unless the target moves faster than the missile) and not lose more than a specific % of power.

For soft magic such as transmutation, you need to statistically record each casting and analyze that. It doesn't yield certainty, only "evidence", so transmuters are (understandably) lower in hierarchy than say, conjurers.

Hexes do not really classify as magic. It's more like pseudomagic for failed wizards. Here the "theories" are barely supported and are more like ideologies that "make sense" (only to speaker and his minions).
Also, there is evidence that a non-virgin can learn to cast hexes, which would prove that it is not true magic.

I-
I don't understand.

OK.

That's okay, fun is subjective. I like the struggle to achieve invincibility that many roguelikes present, but I also enjoy actually being invincible once I manage it.

>lab challenge
>spawn in the armoury
>illiterate
>can't use the computer to open the doors
>punch walls for a while
>get matches from MRE, light fires
>fire does fuck all to concrete walls
>eventually commit suicide by setting fire to a bunch of bullets
>new game, lab challenge again, same traits
>spawn in the same armoury
>suicide
>third lab challenge game
>finally start in a room that isn't locked
>one move
>Electrical beams emit from the floor and slice your flesh!
Well.
I suppose that's what I get for playing a challenge game.

Is there a 3 int guide to blob cars? I've seen the parts in the craft list, but never tried to use them.

I was disappointed to discover that bullet explosions won't take out the doors or walls after finally figuring out how to ignite them safely.

also how the fuck do i get a perpetual source of batteries for a welder?

get a vehicle welding kit, which is a welder in the form of a vehicle part. you attach it to a car and run it off of the car's batteries (which you can charge with solar panels)

WHO THE FUCK MAKES A RL WITHOUT A RANDOM NAME OPTION

Either
>craft vehicle welding rig, which mounts to your car and runs on solar
>install a ups mod on your welder and a recharger in your car
>install integrated toolset bionic and use any of the ways to recharge bionic power
>I guess you could make a vinegar farm and craft batteries if you're going full autism

First one needs a recipe book, you can pull the recharger out of a humvee (but the ups mod is rare or needs a recipe).

You don't really need a guide. Have high cooking and you can make the first blob frame, and from there it's blobfeed+mutagen+time.

Here's a couple of tips: don't bother with making more than the first 250 units of blob feed you made for the first frame. You can make it from slime pits/corpse pits (found in fema camps) much more quickly and easily.

Make your car with the really durable gray stuff, because while blob parts don't really "break" conventionally, it's annoying to replace all the damaged pieces: you can only replace, not repair.

The blob-tech engine is currently broken, you'll have to fix the code if you want to use it.

Most of your blob-tech only needs to be made once, then it can be cloned infinitely. This does not include many of the guns.

Gel Generators are amazing and you should add as many of them to your car as you can. They're more reliable than solar panels, but slower.

Many of the blob-tech guns shoot explosions. This is undesirable. Gel Razors are incredibly useful and you should make lots of them: they shoot homing, bouncing, piercing, high-damage projectiles that hit several zombies at once and can kill around corners. They also use a plentiful, light, low-volume ammo (blob feed) and can be mounted to your car for funsies. The only drawback is their inability to be fired without bracing.

>rogue
Not a roguelike, please refrain from posting about it here.

Played Force of Nature, the cut-off is Chapter 3.

>haven't played any roguelikes in a good while
>see this list

This might be something to try out.

kek
I want whatever you're smoking

>spark blights shoot explosions with larger radii than it the gun's range
What kind of madman is blazemod that he thought this was a good idea?

AliensRL hasn't been touched in five years and ammo is still a major pain to manage as it takes a bunch to simply keep aliens off your ass.

It probably didn't work like that at first, but explosion formula was updated and the weapon wasn't.

Larn feels too plain for me.

page 10 roll

It's 10 p.m. east coast, 9 p.m. central. Time to go to bed, /rlg/.

>going to bed at 10/9c on a friday

fucken nerd

anyone know of an interview with the original rogue creator(s?) where they get their thoughts on the current state of rls?

roguelike celebration 2016

Best trait or best trait?

Does Gourmand still make drugs and alcohol give you a million happiness at all times?

don't forget to stack those with optimist for the multiplier
also bring your mp3 player

Yeah, but it doesn't give you 20 morale for wearing catgirl cosplay, a firefighter belt (?) and four hats.

Gotta have some priorities.

>roguelike
>celebration

As far as I remember the dumb final result of stylish was just wearing 2 copies of every different type of ring or earring or necklace or other jewelry item in the game. Every single one of them is worth +1 morale and none of them have any encumbrance penalty so you end up running around constantly ecstatic about how you're blinging the fuck out with 100 gold rings.

it was some random event hosted by some random guy
and yeah some of the original Rogue devs were there
IIRC all of the talks were put up on youtube somewhere

some talks were pretty interesting
I remember the Rogue, Nethack and Brogue ones
and DCSS

Actually quite the line-up of rl devs.

I still have never played ADOM. I feel bad about it.

While we're talking about dumb things, pic-related.
>rivtech has some kind of anti-tampering field that prevents you from altering it in any way without the proper anti-memetics

Brogue dev and Toady were by far the best speakers. The Angband talk was a fucking disaster.

perfect

those talks are all uploaded at
youtube.com/channel/UCsCqXksJuAkfZRtnW5Pq1mw
btw

danke, I missed the talks and I could not find them by google so I had given up

ADOM dev looks like a murderer.

I am going to drink a lot of atomic coffee then try to install this. Never realized that banks actually had useful stuff in their vaults before today.

>AND probability travel AND a fusion gun
This vault is a gift that keeps on giving. I am definitely going to check all the banks I see from now on.

>The Angband talk was a fucking disaster.
what was wrong

And done! Secret tech: Blood-Filter+alcohol means that you can safely boost your morale to insane levels very quickly.

The fuck is a fractal snake?

An artifact. Gives me bad weather and protection from gaze attacks, not that I've seen a single eye in 1.5 ingame years.

They spent all their time talking about the history of who maintained Angband instead of talking about the game and ran out of time to say anything interesting.

when was the last time you fisted a wild animal, arelgee?

I killed the god sleeping inside Eyal today and all it took was to overtake the body of some mediocre demon guy.

Well, I foolishly pursued a land war in Asia today. Hopefully my roguelike excursions don't involve such wanton loss of life.

Looks like some tryhard indiefag making a game from a genre he gives no fucks about or even plays.

?

like this, but fighting over worthless Siberian and Kazakh clay

>they shoot homing, bouncing, piercing, high-damage projectiles
Holy fuck

sweetie, your posting in the wrong general. I believe your looking for /gsg/, hun.

point me to the line in the berlin inerpretation where it says "europa universalis is not a rogue like"

Toady One looks cute in this.

Who's the guy with the red shirt and purple hair? I've seen him before, hosting roguelike conferences, but I've always been so distracted by what a twat he looks like I never learned what it is he does.

>taking the berlin interpretation seriously, along with posting anime
honeymuffin, I really don't think you belong here.

Ok

>not taking the berlin interpretation seriously

Not him but no, YOU are the one who doesn't belong here.

>honeymuffin

>sweetieposting in /rlg/
Shan't be responding to you any further.

I Like sweetieposting
I also like tumrubs and earscritches and headpats
I'm not awoo though

I wish I were awoo

now there's someone who knows how to have a good time

>this is what has become of /rlg/
Maud didn't die for this. Perhaps it was us who should have been forgotten, another place lost to the abyss.

What roguelike will make me happiest?

Also take Cannibal. Not only is there the morale boost for indulging your hunger, but the trait mitigates the depression from killing "innocents".

>playing with npcs
Its like you want to be gunned down in your sleep.

>being a roguelike utilitarian
how about which roguelike is objectively morally correct
the answer is any vegan roguelike that allows pacifist conduct, since no harm is done to others and because veganism is a sustainable way of life

You obviously switch your decision because you have higher chance of choosing the 1 person lane that way

>implying utilitarianism isn't morally correct
>implying roguelike virtue ethics
It is the consequences of your veganism that determine whether it is the right thing to do, not your motivations for it.

what about this then

What about it?

Hmm really makes me think. If Socrates is allowed to lie why wouldn't leverman be allowed to lie about how he will pull the lever? The assumption that leverman is telling the truth only leads to a paradox which doesn't exist in reality.

I'll let the trolley kills 5 men for max free xp.

It's actually just a Unity demo game, made in order to show you how to create shit in Unity.

Ok.

lmao dead genre

Of course. Being dead is one of the most important qualities of a roguelike. All the not-dead ones are shit, and probably not roguelikes.