He posts on Veeky Forums

>he posts on Veeky Forums
>he isn't a mechanic

working on cars sucks more than commuting in them

>thinks mechanical technician is only Veeky Forums related job

This. You could be a driver

>he posts
>he's an animeshit

No, but i'm on a vocational mechanics course.

I'm going to doing the same shit soon because I got tired of minimum wage pay. What is it like and does it suck?

>post on Veeky Forums
>isn't a fan of anime

Could be worse honestly, if you're not edward mcsissyhands you'll do fine user.
Best of luck

>mcsissyhands
Kek nah I'm not even if I was I would end up getting over it due to the spot I'm in life.
Now I have a small story and a second question that any of you guys can answer for shits and giggles:
>be me my car needed new break pads
>it took me 1 hour or so (I can't remember) to change both rotors and break pads
>I had one rotor and two break pads left
>the bolt on the caliper would not want to come loose
>I didn't have a car jack that could lift it high enough the ground to give me more space for more leverage
>it was winter it got dark and it started to rain
>gf told me to give up and to take my clapped out corolla and that she doesn't care if we get seen in it when we go to LA
>I fucking did
>just the thought of being seen in it triggered me
>my inner beaner power activated and with all my might I pulled and it finally came free at the cost of me hitting my elbow on the concrete
>finished job
>went inside my house soaking wet
Do I have gegaautism guys or will I face hard shit like this from time to time as a mechanic?

Anime is a dogshit medium that has been squandered by abysmal stories, writing, animation and plots to appeal to the lowest common denominator. There are a few decent animes that pop up every so often but it's a medium that has almost all potential wasted. Vidya has a similar issue when it comes to storytelling and writing, but at least it's an interactive media.

This desu.

How can you say you love your car if you won't even do her maintenance?

You can do maintenance and not be a mechanic

As with anything, if you don't pander to garbage-swilling idiots, you won't move product. Anything that's popular is inevitably shit. Hell, look at the most popular vehicles. All shit.

There are many tricks and techniques you will pick up for problem parts and fixings, as well as a feel for when a bolt is going to snap or round off before it happens.

Besides, its a lot easier when a car is up on a ramp and you can position yourself as you please to undo things.

I have a question too, I'm a bong, so every car we get in is metric apart from the odd jeep or older classic cars. What is it like in the US, are modern cars there still using AF/imperial or metric fixings?

Not that guy but modern US cars use metric only now

What said except for some random shit on like fords will sometimes have an SAE, but if you're working on like a Cummins, Duramax any thing like that nearly everything is SAE for some reason

I'm not a driver, I'm a winner.

Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

I do oil changes, and minor maintenance. I can change tyres and do basic brake work.
Can i post?