Redpill me on this car

Redpill me on this car.
Why is it so cheap?

Because it's crap

Because it's a piece of shit, Neo.

Nissan Veras seem to be really cheap for the new models but I was looking at used cars a few weeks ago and a Nissan dealership had a 2011 model with 140k miles for $6,000. All manual too.

Because it's a barebones economy subcompact car. The base trim might not even have AC.

I have one, bought it December for work reliability. AMA reddit

Hard plastic all around
No power-anything (except power-mirrors for some reason)
Manual
Basic A/C system
185/60/15r tires

at least it'll run without any issues for like 3 years

Any problems so far?
Manual or automatic?

*Tips my hat to you, good sir!

>No power-anything (except power-mirrors for some reason)
My 2010 Hyundai Accent doesn't have power fucking anything, but it has USB, aux, and XM radio.

>All manual too.
That's not a bonus. I've driven all 3 transmissions the Versa offers. The manual is utter shit. Like torch it at the dealership to keep it from existing bad.
The CVT was the best to drive and that's saying something since I prefer manual on almost everything.

That's implying I would buy a Nissan anything to begin with. Of course I didn't buy it but it was pretty telling that they were selling a car with 140k miles for 6 grand.

Manual. Haggle with dealer and you can get everything for under 11k.
I got mine new in December so no issues yet.

dealerships will sell manual cars at a bargain most of the time, as long as you're not trying to purchase a sports car, but manual shit boxes like veras, civics, or any other subcompact manuals, can be bought for $4k or so

Are you happy with your choice?
I'm looking for same thing.

Because Nissan leads the way

Wtf meant to quote OP

I'm happy just not very happy
It's just a DD for work and I plan to ride share with it and sell it when it hits like 120k miles
Because it weighs less (like 2350 lbs), it feels faster than what it actually is

Sedan or hatchback?

Sedan. Rear seat is soooo roomy

If you get a mirage you at least get power windows and locks.

Obviously a sedan, the hatchback (Versa Note) has a completely different styling altogether

Because it's got a shitty transmission and shitty interior.

A 3k civic is a much better car.

its a nissan

>cvt was the best to drive

BE GONE THOT

In that Nissan, it fucking is.

The CVT was the best.
The stick was awkward. It was like stirring a bowl of melted rubber. There's almost no feel to it whatsoever.
The 4 speed automatic was an average slushbox.
The CVT was the best to drive with how smooth it was, but holy shit was the drive dull.

If I thought I could get away with it, I'd burn every single one in stock at the dealer half a mile from my house. Just so that no more people have to suffer.

I hate to say it, but in that case, the CVT is better to drive than the manual.

It's shit
Seriously, new compacts in the 18k-20k range are steps above it

>A 3k civic is a much better car.
With 200k+ miles? Nah.

I actually wouldn't be surprised. The Versa is THAT terrible. I am so glad Carlos Ghosn is gone.

the versa is a piece of shit. the hatckback will sway in the wind on the highway m8 it's scary

I sure hope cars costing almost twice as much are significantly better...

Not him but allow me to put it this way.
A Toyota Yaris is better.
A Toyota using a chassis from 2006, drivetrains from 1999, and a styling refresh from 2012, is a better overall car than the Versa while not costing much more.

>power windows and locks.
Who needs em?

That'll be a beat to shit civic these days.

>Doesnt want the full shitbox experience

Can it drive on the highway?

a yaris costs 25% more than a versa and for that you still get a shitty econobox

The worst manual ever made is objectively better than any automatic. If you think otherwise, you're a faggot.

Would you drive this across the country?

Hes a retarded tripfag
What did you expect

my buddy just got an integra for 3500 out the door with 75k miles, gotta look

>manualbabbies ACTUALLY believe this
Lmao how delusional can you get??

Cuckold

God this is so true, I work at a nissan dealer and when we got a sentra nismo in I gave it a test drive just to see if it was decent. Instantly I was saying how bad the manual transmission was. Felt so sloppy and loose, plus the throws on it were like a mile long. Then, to top it all off, the guy that ended up buying it had it towed back literally a week later because the transmission went out. I can't even make this shit up. Needless to say, he's certainly never buying another nissan again. Feel kind of bad for him, he's still making payment on it and basically driving around in a shit tier rental for a month or 2 while it gets fixed.

Did a bit of research.

If you want a brand new car this seems alright for an A to B. At 11k new that is pretty decent. I'm sure anything you have to do to fix it is cheap af too.

Ladyboy

Nice projection

Nah. The worst manual ever made with synchros that create a noticeable slowdown no matter how poorly you shift, with only three-four ratios, and less durability than a cheap buick's auto, is worse than an automatic, and the best automatic ever is better than nearly every manual out on the consumer market because we're sold DD trannies (meant for european customers, not enthustiasts) instead of proper racing trannies, while autofags with high end autoboxes are buying german, and the germans do put track-ready automatics in their cars.

The standard H pattern, synchronzied manual found in cars is a very hard transmission to do "right" and a very easy one to do horribly wrong, almost worse than older all mechanical four speed autos.

The only vehicles with manuals that are consistently okay to amazing are motorcycles.

I got one at 11900
It's so cheap because no power locks, hand crank windows, absolute cheapest of cheap, absolutely the slowest car I have ever owned.
Gets 35 avg mpg between half highway and half back roads commute so it's good on gas of course

If you need something A to B and don't give a fuck about road presence, image, etc I say go for it

Only a year in on driving the thing so I cannot say if 5 years from now it will just be rattled apart and in peices because everything was built by the absolute lowest bidder

>redpill me
dumb storm faggot

Nice dick

old Veeky Forums: helpful tripfags, shithead anons
new Veeky Forums: filter everyone not called "Anonymous"

RIP Veeky Forums

>t. stormfaggot

>has a trip
>doesn't do anything except sperg out over years old memes that have already transitioned to facebook

literal transgender hillary supporters now use "redpill" now sir autismo. the contrast in this thread is enough to redpill me on the pizzastate of this gamerboard.

have fun in the filter with everyone not called anonymous, mrcummypaws, and stolen recaros

took off my trip to trigger you lol

>trigger

nice foreign meme, crossboarder

how is the sentra nismo overall? i'm thinking about getting one as a commuter car so i'd get it with CVT. it looks like they don't sell for shit so i should be able to grab one for ~$20k and i don't see anything in that price range that i would rather have.

Veeky Forums tripfags were always shit. complete shitposters and blogging attention whores. don't know what fucked up nostalgia goggles you have.

i believe the term is called rose colored glasses

Have you checked out the 2017 Elantra sport? Dealers are offering even better discounts on it and it offers a lot more, in my opinion. 201 hp, 195 tq, nicer interior than the Nismo, has great suspension setup, and actually sounds really really good stock.

i haven't honestly as hyndai cars never caught my attention that much in terms of styling, but you are right, for the price it looks pretty good.

i think the sentra nismo is a little over the top, especially with the red accents, but i quite like how it looks overall compared to all the other shitboxes in the 20k price range.

I thought the new styling looked pretty good. The guy that designed them used to work for Audi, that's why it resembles one.

Cars in general are getting cheaper. But this is for a base model. You don't want base.

Official Veeky Forums econobox ranking;

1.fiesta
2.accent
3.micra
4.fit
5.versa
6.spark
7.rio
8:mirage
9.5 of your friends on rollerblades pulling you on a skateboard
10.yaris