Was I in the wrong here??

>out looking at cars this morning with my buddy
>the car I had seen online had already been sold so we're just stopping by afew different dealerships
>I live on a military base so everybody says the dealerships around here will gouge you and you need to negotiate
>stop into one
>tell the guy im looking for a honda/toyota under 10k
>he shows me a 2013 Sonata listed at 11.5k with 73k miles on it
>it seems pretty decent
>test drive it
>he sits down with me starts taking down a bunch of info on me without even agreeing on a price
>asks me what I want my payment to be(I have 30k in savings but I didnt tell him)
>tell him I want to agree on a price first because I really cant go much above 10k
>he gets really mad and says "the price is the price, if you think im gunna knock a grand off the price your crazy, dont even waste my time!" then storms off into the back room
>leave with my bro and go to subway and get a buffalo chicken sub with blue cheese and banana peppers

I feel like I was up front with him from the start that I wasn't gunna go above 10k, even before he showed me the car

I've never been good at negotiating or anything

my zip is 13602 if you wanna check my local craigslist, its pretty fucked and everything is more expensive than anywhere else

Other urls found in this thread:

waitetoyota.com/certified/toyota/corolla/2014-red-s-plus-4706545.html
watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6127108891.html
watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6125161777.html
watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6127110596.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

of course you were in the wrong, fucking buffalo chicken with blue cheese
what are you a caveman

Blue cheese was LITERALLY made for Buffalo chicken

The customer is always right. Also, this guy sounds like a shitty saleman. Most places around here will offer you a discount without even asking for a shitbox like a Sonata because they just want to move them.

You did nothing wrong. Dealerships like talking in terms of monthly payment because they can twist that shit to make it work in their favor, which means LaQueisha gets her 08 Corolla for $189 a month for 84 months at 10% financing and still thinks she got a great deal. Forcing them to negotiate in terms of OTD price takes away a lot the avenues they use to Jewishly fuck people in the ass dry. You dun good, go to a different dealer and keep using the same strategy

hol up my nikka, so u be sayin' havin "cash in hand" is actually a disadvantage when at a dealer?? and I should pretend I need financing until the last second when Im buying then flop out muh cash moneyy ?

>13602
waitetoyota.com/certified/toyota/corolla/2014-red-s-plus-4706545.html

no dude. if you had told the guy you had $10k in your pocket he wouldve sucked your dick AND sold you the car. every dealership will knock a lot off of a used car if you have cash in hand

The dealership will make money on either the front end (cost of the car) or the back end (financing terms like length and % of the loan). Walk in and insist on negotiating out the door price, then when (if) you nail down a good price, tell them you'll return within the hour with a certified check from your bank or CU for that amount. Don't let them know you're paying cash until that number is on paper and approved. They didn't want to fuck with you because they weren't going to make enough on the back end since you were paying cash, so they didn't want to drop the up front price

fuck your "customer is always right"
You can always get good deals, it is how you do it. act like shit and lot of dealerships won't work with you.

So you test drove a car you couldnt afford?

When he showed you the sonata, and you saw the price on the window. What happened then? Did you negotiate then? Or did you test drive it an assume there would be a haggle involved?

I could afford it, if it really impressed me I could have swung it
But after driving it and looking at it I really didn't think it was worth more than 10k

>looking for a honda/toyota
>brings a hyundai

>10k to spend
>still shopping for shitty japcraptrap cars

you could do so much better my man

watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6127108891.html
watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6125161777.html
watertown.craigslist.org/ctd/6127110596.html

Just 5 mintues in CL, i could find loads more if i actually looked
you're retarded OP, put some effort into finding a good car before you come crying here

pic related, what you wish you were

No you faggot nigger. You didnt have to drive it for it to win you over. People dont know how to buy cars and it infuriates me.

Half the salesmans fault for not qualifying you correctly and half your faggot ass fault for being a limp wristed flute player.

All your research should be done online. You find the perfect car, then you go see it and if it drives good you buy the fucking thing. You should see no more than 2 cars before you pull the trigger, any more and you are an indecisive cuck.

OP said from the get go that he wanted to get something for under 10k and the salesman took him to see a car that was 1.5k over his budget. Sounds like the dealer is the one that wasted OP's time by betting that he could convince him to buy a more expensive vehicle. He should have just replied to OP that there weren't any cars available that fit his budget.

The guy should have said, "but my budget is 10k"

If he didnt and agrees to test drive it he is the timewaster.

This

Stop being a fucking entitled cuck omega-male, Find a price that is good from the get go instead of cucking yourself and begging for "lower price plox", fuck this entitled welfare generation that just wants everything done for them. Ive always bought cars from dealers, and NEVER need to negotiated a price down

pic related, a sucessful man worries not about pennies

If you need to ask for a discount. Do this.

The car is 11k but you only have 10500 in your pocket. You say to the salesman, i would buy this car right now for 10k. He will ask the boss, the boss will say 10500 and you say ok.

Or he will say no and its no discount for you because the margins on 10 grand cars are fucking small for cash buyers

>I've always bought cars from dealers, and NEVER need to negotiated a price down

uhhh..congrats, I guess

Blue cheese is disgusting

pussy ass pog

All three of those are fucking awful

Ask yourself this OP, when you go the to commissary to buy RipIts and le classy Jack Daniels, do you argue with the cashier about the price??
No.
So why is it ok the hassle the car salesman ??

>a successful man worries not about pennies
this is what poor people actually believe.
successful people actually don't live beyond their means.

The JD isn't used and you don't have to pay insurance, maintenance, and repairs on it.

Fuck that guy, you when in the right. The salesman was just butt hurt when he realized he couldn't McFuck you like every other private fresh out of AIT. Since you have so much cash saved up, I say just buy a car from some private seller off CL. Unless they're a boomer who "knows what he's got!", you should be able to negotiate somewhat

Sounds like you bought a lemon in the past because you dumb and now you have a grudge against all car dealers

>Robinhood
>portfolio of just 12 big ones
>thinks he's hot shit

I guess if actually investing was too intimidating I'd use RH too. I bet you open up your app and lay your phone on the table at restaurants to impress people

Thats some salesmanship there. Guy probably has a drug or gambling habbit hes trying to support thats slowly destroying his life. Wait for the bankruptcy and get some discounts.

>Ive always bought cars from dealers, and NEVER need to negotiated a price down

A fool and his money are soon part.

>a sucessful man worries not about pennies
Yes they do. Warren Buffett is known to be miserly in his processes. Remember, his generosity is separate from his business sense. He's given aways tens of billions of dollars, but he will squeeze a business process down.

>Blue cheese is disgusting
While some people hate the idea of fermented foods, at least the blue mold is one of the penicillin strains. The discovery of penicillin launched a whole new area of biochemical research into creation of new drugs based upon the original penicillin molecules and their effects.

Thank you Penicillin mold for saving so many lives.

You shut your disgusting whore mouth.

Negotiating tactic OP
He wants you to feel bad chase him down and offer more $$

Try calling him in a few days if you want the car, its best to negotiate prices over the phone anyways

Mass-manufactured foodstuffs can be perfectly substituted by the next instance which rolls off the assembly line - they are a known quantity.

A used vehicle is unique and can not be accurately valued without a thorough inspection. The material impact of any defect may also be a matter of opinion to a certain extent.

Fuck stealerships they can eat shit walk away at anytime

>going to a stealership

Why in gods name would you tell him your budget. That was your first mistake

Butthurt used car salesmen detected.

OP you did good.

But if I go to a car dealership and say I want a Honda for 10k or less and they show me a Hyundai for 11.5k, I tell them they get one more chance to show me what I asked for or I'm gone. They always try to upsell you into a shittier car.
You shouldnt be dealing with those shitheads though to begin with, look on Craigslist first.

>Rome, NY
>Implying these aren't hot and used to ferry escaped prisoners

So OP did good by considering a car that the salesman suggested thus wasting everyones time. Then you go on to say that you in this situation wouldnt have considered it, which is the right thing to do.

Plebian

>All your research should be done online. You find the perfect car, then you go see it and if it drives good you buy the fucking thing

user on phone:
>Hey you guys have that 2010 Civic for 9k still? It's exactly what I'm looking for!
Stealership:
>Sure do, friend! Come on down and take it for a spin!
user:
>Sweet, I'll be there in 20 minutes!!!

>Hey I'm user I just called about the Honda.
>Oh, darn! It just sold pal! But come check out this beautiful Hyundai, it's practically the same thing and only a little more expensive. What kid of mothly payment you want?
>O-ok...

Every time.

He did good to not buy the car if he didn't really like it. The scumbag salesman should have never shown it to him. If the salesman was worried about wasting his time (lol) he should have showed OP the right car to begin with.

Poorfag

I'm part owner of a Toyota franchise and when a customer comes in looking at a used vehicle and states a budget they are shown vehicles in that budget, and would only be shown more expensive vehicles if they didn't like anything they see at the lower price point.

That's for cash buyers and prime finance customers though, if you have a 400 credit score and pretend like you're paying cash when you really only have $1200 to your name expect to be treated like shit

>The customer is always right
Oh fuck off. Hope you're never in a position of owning or operating a small business, you won't last long on that mantra

>The customer is always right
t. customer

>Dealership
>Entire business model is built around not actually making money

top fucking kek