Mazda Opinions

I ctrl+f the archive. Only a few threads about Mazda on here. I'm looking at purchasing my first vehicle. The 2016 Mazda3 i sport is right in my price range of around ~15,000. As is the Mazda6 Touring.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion of these cars and/or Mazda in general?

Just get a civic for 3k. Buying a new or almost new econobox is stupid.

I've been lurking long enough to know the 3k civic meme. Please go.

Test drove a Mazda 3 2.0 6 speed and liked it well enough except for the clutch which was too long and too light.

Buying new economy cars that aren't hybrids is pretty fucking stupid, if you want an economic car then get something that actually gets decent mileage. If you want a sportier car don't bother with the Mazda3

It is a meme but it's good advice. What does a 15k econobox do better than a 3k one? Nothing.

But why is it stupid to buy new economy cars. I don't get it.

Because economy cars are all about saving money or costing as little as possible. You can get a much nicer used car for the same price.

5k got me a top trim 2005 LeSabre with every option and only 45k on the clock.

Like what? What models would Veeky Forums recommend?

15k cash or financing? How much down?

GET THE MANUAL

Different user than the OP here. I'm buying my first car and would like something compact and powerful. Brand new only because there is no way I'm buying a used car after slaving away being a wagecuck for 3 years.

Is the CX-3 a good choice?

because ECONOMY cars are not really economy if you lose 10k in depreciation during the time you will own it.
buy a ecnobox that has already been through that depreciation if you really want economy.
if you can afford to lose 10k in 5 years go for a better used car

Run reliably.

I'm in college currently and have 27k savings from my full-time job. I make decent enough money for a payment. Obviously don't want to use too much of savings on a vehicle.

>CX-3
>powerful
>compact
Are you trying to be stupid? Also
>buying into the crossover meme

Never understood the 3k civic memers, what so bad about wanting a nice car? 15k ain't a lot of money either.

a new shitty mazda will be less reliable than a civic or corolla. and why over 10k for a pos econobox soulless shitter

I forgot all of Veeky Forums is V6 Muscle Car memers.

Mazdas are close to the top of reliability charts and the 3 is a good car with a decent manual transmission, of that kind of thing matters to you. A used car can have a questionable service history, leading to problems down the road. The only time a used econonox really worked out for me was when I bought one from my mom, who is autistic about maintenance and was able to provide full service records.

Get a used car, definitely.
Or you know what? Don't.
Buy a new car which will depreciate in value during the time you own it so we can buy it later fot 1/3 of the price.

>Cx-3
>powerful
Pick one

>buying a crossover
Kill yourself.

The Mazda might be more reliable but you spent 15k. The civic might cost 3k in repairs worst case scenario over a few years. So you're into it for 6k total.

Yea if you're in college you need a shitbox. Anything nice will get beat up parking on campus. You should be saving for a house for after you graduate.

It is used, though? 2016 with 25,000 miles on it senpai.

I want a Mazda 323 shitbox but they're all rusted away

If you are in between the 3 2.0 sedan or the 6 2.5 for the same money I'd say go for the 6 all year man. More power and only 180lbs more weight.

The diesel is the go if you want some shove, but make sure you get the auto. I have the manual and it is quite laggy when changing gears.

had one when i was in high school, got it for 50 bucks.

also had the coolest minivan ever, manual RWD, custom trimclad paint job, grand prix rims.

I want a speed but for the money they sell for i could buy an evo. I have a 2.5L 3 already and want more fast but i'm not buying "performance" mods for the 2.5L. what do? I love the mazda but the speeds are hard to find, especially in blue with low miles.