Is a cold air intake worth it?

Is a cold air intake worth it?

I have an s550 GT Mustang

They do nothing

get a 50 shot of nitrous if you want to actually make extra power

You get more induction rumble, no noticeable gains, but there is some to be had

Couple that with some headers and a tune then you'll see some decent gains. Then you're setup for boost if you ever want it

some say a 50 shit is not worth it.
But pressing a button and getting 50 hp is so much fun.
Who doesn't occasionally wish they had a magic vroom button?

Not worth it. You'll do more harm than good.

>cold air intake
like the one installed from the factory?

Consider it more of an appearance thing than for performance.

Especially if it's a K&N intake

literally worthless, even with other mods

Don't worry. You might be able to afford one someday.

added one to my tahoe, got better mpgs

worthless for a stock engine for sure

How do cold air intakes even make sense? Why aren't stock intakes 'cold air intakes'?

They usually come with a surround that blocks heat from the engine bay. You can add foil or more material to enhance this. The cone shape gives more surface area for more air to be let in.

That is an absolute shit intake. Hood sealing intakes heat soak so bad.

Guess that's why the Demon has one

Some vehicles, especially gm trucks and suvs, have the most retarded maze system of intake pipes connecting the filter and the engine. This is all done in the name of comfort and a quieter ride. There is an actual gain to be had here by installing a straighter and much more direct larger diameter connecting pipe.

>you are mad you can't afford a $30 cold air intake

this is really what is happening here user

Probably because most of the time there is some form of intake integrated into the hood of the vehicle, something that bolt on intake kits do not have

Usually you lose low-end torque and just have a louder intake.

SLEEPY KITTIN

>So poor can't afford a $30 intake
>I'm too retarded to fabricate

the thread is like 50% furry

I wonder where it's going

It leans out unless you get a tune.

Cold air intakes usually don't give much power unless you have other mods to go with it.

Although, most cars will have a pretty noticeably power difference from a much shorter intake.

>Is a cold air intake worth it?

Unless your vehicle is known to have a shitty stock intake its more for looks and sound (worth it imo) when it comes to NA. Stock turbo vehicles get much more out of an intake.

are you autistic?

Dont forget engines are glorified air pumps, increasing what goes in also needs an increase in what can come out. Increasing intake volume without increasing exhaust flow will create excess back-pressure causing a reduction in potential power that a high flow/wider bore/force induction/"true cai that scoops air from out of the engine bay".