Why don't other countries have utes Veeky Forums?

Why don't other countries have utes Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g
smythkitcars.com/
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6101081410.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

australia doesn't have utes anymore either

Not practical enough as a work vehicle (not enough cargo space and bad cargo access, too easily damaged), not practical enough as a private vehicle (not enough passenger space). In Europe we generally separate the two.

Chicken tax in the US was an anticapitalist government protection on the automotive industry that killed small trucks in the US 5ever.

It was actually very capitalist because the capital dictated the politics. It just wasn't open market. Capitalist markets don't have to be open, the defining characteristic is being controlled by the capital.

Useless in snow
Useless off road
Hopeless at putting power down
Can't tow

We had them and grew out of them.

They dont make sense in any other market over the already available options.

>We had them and grew out of them.
riiiiiiight... That's why there are kits now to make your own.

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g

You have to be extremely autistic to do that

T. Never driven a 6L V8 Ute made this century

Ironically the entire Ranger next to it costs as much as the kit alone and has a higher load capacity. I mean, I like the conversion kit and other conversions simply because the more odd stuff on the road, the better, but it's not a practical or economical thing to do, just an oddity.

Thats so nice

Because only bogans drive utes. Drive a proper car like a sedan unless you have the southern cross tattoo'd on you, then by all means hoon around in a hick mobile

And in the Netherlands it does actually make sense because a pickup bed qualifies for a registration as a work vehicle, and a work vehicle is wholly differently taxed. You have to ask a Dutch about the exact savings, but they're going to be substantial.

Unlike this thing, which was definitely only built for giggles.

Dick status: in zero gravity.

typically utes cost more than sedans so you're more likely to find bogans in sedans, m8

> pic related

>not keeping the original police wheels

come on

I like this A LOT.

It wasn't a police package car to start. They just added the push bar.
And yes. Those are Dodge Grand Caravan tail lights.

Doubt it has ever been a police Charger, they probably simply threw the nudge bar on there.

Damn, I stand corrected. They still look sicc tho

>mfw

Same company that did the Jetta Uta kit.
tailgate is from a Ford Ranger
tail lights are from a Dodge Grand Caravan
And the rear window is from a Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon.

And on the Jetta Ute kit:
tail lights from a Ford Explorer Sport Trac
tailgate from a Ford Ranger
rear window from a Ford Ranger.

smythkitcars.com/

They're working on ute kits for the BMW E39 5 series, and the Audi B6 A4.

>He actually thinks that boxy piece of shit looks good

Oh. and apparently due to demand, they'll be making a kit, after the BMW, for the GD series Subaru Impreza. Likely demand came from the one on Mighty Car Mods.
>yfw the next big car tuning craze will be ute conversions

In the second hand market utes hold their value better.
Brand new they cost less

utes r cute

Its pretty sad to see a unique part of Australia's car culture get turfed. I wonder how common they'll be in 10 years.

>unibody trucks

In denmark, we got the ford sierra p100 and I know some hicks had mercedes wagons rebuilt to utes. Mostly we got rwd versions of japanese trucks instead, though.

this

>muh body on frame
>plasters a painted styleside bed on it anyway
Moronmerica in full effect.

>can't tow
what

It could be worse, but 1600 kilos or 3500 lbs really isn't that much. Basically in line with all other cars that size; sedans and wagons and utes alike.

Most cars have a 1,000 lbs towing limit, with some cars capable of 2500 lbs.
Cars capable of towing more are few and far between, at least in the US market anyways.

Is this the ultimate car for niggers

NO SHIT? A UTE, WHICH THE WHOLE IDEA IS TO HAVE A SEDAN, CUT THE REAR SEATS OUT AND PUT IN A CARGO AREA, IS, LIKE A SEDAN? FUCK ME SIDEWAYS CUNT.

I don't think you know what capital means.

Noun
capital (countable and uncountable, plural capitals)
[...]
2. (uncountable, business, finance) Money and wealth. The means to acquire goods and services, especially in a non-barter system.

Well, I was going by Euro tow ratings where 1600 kilos is right in line with larger sedans and smaller crossovers. I figured it would be similar in Straya.

cap·i·tal·ism
[ˈkapədlˌizəm]
NOUN
an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

Complete control of trade and industry includes control of legislation.

Look at our political system and tell me legislation isn't controlled by industry

That's what I said from the beginning. Legislation is controlled by capital.

Maybe a piece of shit El Camino from the 70's but if you've been in an aussie ute made this century you'd know that they have decent power and towing ability without being a literal mountain of a vehicle that gets 1 mile to the gallon and takes up 3 lanes. Ute's are also nearly as agile and fast as a 4 door sports car or decent muscle car.

Definitely a collector's item.

I wish we did
I have a Ford P100 tho, and only 400 of these were sold in France, so I'm fucking glad with it

3.6L v6 wagon can tow 2100kg.

Even my 1.0L na 3-cylinder fwd econobox, wich is lighter than a miata, is allowed to tow 500kg or 1100lbs.

>australia doesn't have utes anymore either
how come? what's happened to utes?

ford and holden don't make cars in aus anymore. and toyota is stopping production later this year as well.
after they stop no one will be making cars in aus.

It's the end of the OZ as we know it.

I don't know what it is with the Americans.

>It has a bed
>It has to tow

The bed is for fucking carrying things.

>Not enough passenger space
Half the point is that you don't get stuck giving everyone lifts or being the deso

Beds are overrated to begin with.

>buy something that's useable as a car every day
>attach a bed on wheels when needed

Only the fewest people need a bed AND a trailer, and the ones that need a bed OR a trailer occasionally would be better off with a trailer instead of daily driving something with a mostly empty bed (that's harder to load and less accessible than a trailer).

>useless in snow

Also everyone's buying hiluxes now anyway. The market speaks.

i do a skid every tiem -_-

south america has utes

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the reason America doesn't have them due to the emissions thing, where small tray bodies get fucked over but gas guzzling 4wd and SUVs are a-ok because they do well relative to their class, and so it's not economical to make utes?

>tfw no new Brat

Yes. Emissions requirements, fuel economy requirements and safety requirements are all rigged to favor body on frame barges so that Detroit's last leg of market domination doesn't break away.

>this retard still thinks older cars were super heavy and giant
>not realising the elcamino and ranchero could weigh as low as 2500 pounds or 1135 kilos
get a grip cuck

mexico has a bunch too

I dunno senpai. I go to the local drive-in movie theatre every Saturday and tailgating off a trailer or out of a trunk just wouldn't be the same.

SOUTH AMERICA

Here in Paraguay, there are VW Saveiros everywhere (a pick-up variant of the Gol)
This one is quite common as well

Since you started a thread about utes let me help this guy and advertise his add. His add has been posted multiple times almost 2 years poor dude.
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6101081410.html

Piece of shit was worthless in Vigilante 8 2nd Offense

But that's not a amc pacer

Doesn't snow in australia
Better offroad than 3000kg ameribarges
Muh skids cunt
Rated to tow 5000lb

Youre dumb as fuck

I still see Subaru Bajas around, but it is Colorado, so that may not mean much

How effectively could you make your own ute with a sawzall and bondo?

Yes, useless in snow.
Only poorfags need a vehicle that does everything, poorly.
Instead of multiple vehicles that perform their specialized role well.

i asked the US if i could import a Holden Ute here, but they said no.

flatbeds are impractical

I don't get it. Where do you put the criminals?

in the truck bed of course

Faggot mods deleted the Aussie thread get fucked cunts

Ford sort of brought back the Ute but they discontinued it because it didn't sell well.

Weird because I see these everywhere. Seems like they would make a decent all-around, generally useful DD.

Suv+ trailer makes Utes redundant sadly

Utes and El Caminos are the cars of "I have more things than friends"

Too bad people on Veeky Forums have neither.

Ah, they're not. "impractical" accurately describes a styleside.

Just bought one of these. I fucking love it.

I can smoke the fuck out of any ute in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

>niggers
>utes

I don't blame you. I think the only reason I notice these is because I'm a little envious. I have a Toyota Tundra extended cab that has served me well for nearly 15 years, but it's a little small in the cab and a little too big in the bed for my needs. That and it would be easier to park something shorter.

If my Tundra ever dies and Toyota isn't making a version of the Sport Trac when that happens, I'm going to hunt down a low mileage example of the Sport Trac and buy it.

My only regret is that I couldn't find a manual version. They only made manuals in the '01 model year and I'd have to drive sixteen hours just to look at one and my job doesn't allow me that kind of time.
It's a paddle shifter, anyway, so I would have been disappointed by the feel. But still. I'm thinking that once the auto tranny kicks it I'll drop in a manual and cut a hole for a stick.

Flatbeds are still impractical regardless.

>Useless in snow
still true, even worse with the factory cut springs
>Useless off road
Yeah 18" rims with paper thin tyres on "race" struts is going to be great for mudding
>Hopeless at putting power down
yep, huge engine with an open RWD diff and terrible weight distribution
>Can't tow
idk where this comes from, even a corolla can tow a house

Ah, no they're not. The whole idea behind them is ergonomic practicality and load space.
The whole idea behind a style side on the other hand is to look like a ute without being one.

we used to up till the 80s but people would rather have a real car or real truck, not some weird half and half, lack of sales killed them off

>shitty hack job with the back of the cap ziptied in

yeah that'll be great to drive around in freezing temps

in the morgue