World Class T-5

Rebuild Cost

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XREsRG9Y1mU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

grinds a little in 1st and 2nd. i assume its syncros.

Rebuild kit itself is cheap if you are just doing,bearings and snychros, 200-300 for a decent kit

cheaper to get a used t56 if your engine is compatible

If you cant rebuild yourself (its not easy) its not cheap

yea. aint gonna attempt rebuilding it myself. if it was going to cost around 1200 i would probably just buy a brand new one. its in a 87 5.0

stock car otherwise or?

Get a rebuild.

Like others said.
Couple hundred bucks for a kit, gets expensive if you have to replace clusters- and more difficult to rebuild than an auto.

I had a cobra spec shipped instead of dealing with a rebuild.
Steel bearing retainer, carbon fibre synchros, chro-moly 2nd/3rd cluster, tapered bearings.
$500 for the trans, but shipping was pricey.

I guarantee that once you get it inside you'll find more issues than just synchros.

306. cam. heads. injectors. headers, exc.. not stock..

nice whats that put out?

my shit old 5.7 (ls1) puts out 320rwhp 450ftlb with only otr and exhaust

with my luck i was thinking other shit would be wrong with it so thats why i was wondering rebuild vs just getting a brand new one

honestly dunno.. iv always wanted something with a ls1. deff good engines. i have a 305 tbi in my camaro lol

You ought to do a swap for the 305 desu

ls1 is cheap as chips here in aus

nobody wants them they think they are shit not worth building.

Biggest fucking idiots that could not be more wrong.

Yes the 6.0 an 6.2 are better but the LS1 still goes fucking hard even with the stock babby cam.

Do you yanks do MAF deletes and MAFless tuning? I think you call it straight piped intake right?

Some guy I know pulled the maf on his ws6, it ran like shit so he shoved it back in. I know there's like some foil or shit you can pull without fucking it up though

No i mean a proper MAF delete that runs a IAT sensor instead of the factory maf.

Requires a full retune.

Yeah I figured it'd need a tune. Hardly seems worth it though

MAF have a habit of dying here and cost $500 so its cheaper to get a tune with that money.

I mean sure i could have got a bigger maf used and de-meshed it but the 5.7 here already has a tiny TB

Next upgrade on my list, gonna go to 102mm+ and a better intake

Does porting the TB do it any good? It got my 350 get up a bit better

No.

Just get a bigger TB and intake to match

Cheaper here to buy a $100 tb and get a Bigger intake.

Well its at least what im planning on doing.

EricTheCarGuy has a great step-by-step video manual on how to rebuild a T5. So long as you have a press, it doesn't look too difficult.

youtube.com/watch?v=XREsRG9Y1mU

my t56 has no reverse syncro left (pops out ffs)

would love to fix it

cheers

>17201844
I'm in the same boat as you but I think it'd be cheaper to just invest in a tremec tko box. If you plan on putting some power down the t5 can't handle much for some time.
Alot of people say the t5 can only take ~300ftlbs but I've been running a mild 383 that made 400 crank and I haven't had any problems at wot although I can tell the syncros are on their way out.

+1 for a bigger box, even a stock t56 will put power down better.