/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Radical edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27305
youtu.be/Z_2nM1GEllg?list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA&t=11
github.com/KeenSoftwareHouse/SpaceEngineers
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make a circle in a grid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for clang
Any new and interesting engineering games coming out?

That's what she said
it's """""perfect""""" in relative terms to the game engine not lagging out and providing 1ishG

>Has anyone found a genuine use for particle cannons?

They're the current go-to weapon in tournaments that force you to fight at close range since they're the only weapon that doesn't have a counter. Well, except that they dont' work very well at long distance. Iirc they shoot through water pretty well too which lasers don't normally do.

avorion came out recently and is an interesting take on what a space voxel GAME should be, but was kind of disappointing since for some reason it didn't run as smooth as the demo version

skywanderers is in closed testing and is an extremely promising corneroids-but-it-has-really-advanced-logic-systems-but-it's-actually-elite-dangerous game

dual universe is coming up some time this or next year and is supposed to be a space voxel EVE, but we all know how those empty kickstarter promises end up

mothergunship isn't /egg/ but has building your own guns from parts supposedly

Avorion has woefully bad shipbuilding, at least for me. I get it, that some may like it, but it's all the things I don't want in my spessgaem.
Skywankers has some promise, but faguette won't meet our standards (nothing will, but that's a different discussion). Cool that it has logic gates, but it'll fail when it comes to engineering like abortion, still can be fun trucking game.
Dick unibers - this one I'm cautiously optimistic about, not because of the "voxel EVE" marketing, but how they describe the idea for multiplayer-sever offload. They seem way more competent than keen, even though I haven't seen their game yet. They will ultimately fail, because physics will be subpar. Question is will they die after a while, leaving a comfy warm ded husk of a world, or will it be a stillborn.
I want building guns from parts supposedly.

Anyone have a spare MAV key floating around?

Is this the new Robocucc?

It's a Chromehounds clone.

avorion is cool but its shipbuilding, weapons, damage model, and tiering of everything is absolute aids

>avorion is cool but every important part of the game is shit
hmm

that's right user
flying around a huge galaxy exploring mining and shooting it up is cool
its too bad the core gameplay is trash

stepping outside voxels and engineering for a moment, how does abortion fare against rebel galaxy, especially in terms of combat, trucking, bumming around dicking factions over with agressive trades

fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27305

some new balance patch for FtD. Nice that they made non-shield defence more plausible.

>Nice that they made non-shield defence more plausible.
youtu.be/Z_2nM1GEllg?list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA&t=11

>they finally increased the speed cap
make fast things fast again!

>spend all day setting up double layer shields
>shields have apparently been heavily reworked

Aw dangit.

Finally good news

How do you shoot something going 200+ m/s

just give a very big lead

No shit sherlock but how does one accomplish that in-game?

Railguns, lasers, reverse-built PACs (instead of capping the tubes you leave them "open")

bullet spam

Is My Summer Car a good edutainment if I'm planning to buy my first car soon?

I don't know shit about cars, but I want to at least learn simple repairs to reduce the cash drain.

H A Y N E S
A
Y
N
E
S

I'm no magic electronic word book physician but I have an idea for stable infinite speed in Spengies.

For external frames of reference, every object traveling at a havok unstable speed has a simplified collision box drawn around it and a line drawn in the direction of thrust.

Any object approximately one minuet ahead intersecting the line based on trajectory and velocity has an impact precalculated based on a low rez version of the collision boxes of both objects then to compensate for the lower definition impact a randomized volumetric sphere of destruction is applied based on mass and speed of the impacting object

For internal frames of reference over an unstable speed, anything inside the collision box is treated as separate from the game map and stationary from it's own "dimension" until it slows down or impacts something. The game map is projected to it but only the collision box is interacting with the map at speed. To simulate acceleration gravity planetary gravity is applied against the direction of thrust proportional to thruster speed.

Could it work?

or just use the pac end tubes

it could but not in hands of keen
some time ago i proposed to them almost the exact same solution, but with slight refinement (a vector and a cone for future collisions), on top of that they could make hyperspace travel (not jumping, but going into dimension of yellow thunders) where everything is scaled differently, so 1m there is 1km normalspace, making possible even faster travel, better ftl than jump and hyperspace battles, where if you don't have a hypersail, or some hyperstabilization on grid it immediately exits to normalspace (imagine getting part of ship blown off, then it immediately vanished because it can't maintain hyperspace presence)

How much money would it take to wake Ced/N3xus up to make this

way more than i currently have, but if anyone gets to it i may be able to help. I have 0 experience with modding per se, but I did work as a programmer, c# isn't alien to me either

Reminder that the full spengies source code is on github
github.com/KeenSoftwareHouse/SpaceEngineers

is that their subtle way of saying "we fucked up, take our game and improve it for us please oh god"

yes

but they fucked that up and it's the old 32-bit code iirc

god damnit

>has full wiring diagrams
>doesn't show me exactly where the fusible links are in the engine bay
Goddamnit.

Hey
New remcast Pls
Comfy Saturday job with lots of little comfy busywork in the back but no comfy remcast to listen

>incredibly shitty optimization
user. No.

Soon.

>Soon.

>Improved armour
>Motorized turrets
>Stronger turret mounts
>Lodsa APS improvements
>De-unified [multiplied?] shield rework
>PACs now have a counter

Good stuff. We'll see how this goes

Missiles, lasers and crams really got kicked in the dick. They were already pretty easy to counter, now that different shield types don't interfere with each other those attacks might be useless.

PAC requires it's own unique counter-shield(?) so it's only got one possible counter while all other weapons have at least 2

>RAMdalf the Grey

eded

Looks like one of my old thinkcenters.

>Air gap effective AC increased to 400 (was 20)

while it's not really an /egg/, it's a decent way of at least learning what parts (usually, relatively) go where in a car
i know i learned a bit more about Veeky Forums shit from it, although really, everything's a lot more complicated than it makes it out to be, and a lot more tedious IRL as well
/mscg/ back when, it was chill as fuck

>airgap

dead

Always

>Return of the 2fast2hit
>Big ships can ignore (IGNORE!) small ships if they have enough power output because shields can be 100% effective if you have enough power

Meeeeeeh

I am liking the HP increases though.

Youtube seems far more helpful for real life car repairs.

>Dad trying to figure out problem with van dashboard lights
>Looks it up
>Youtube video of a guy explaining which fuse would be causing the problem (turned out they have their own fuse separate from all others)
>Video ending, wondering how he'd get the dash off in the first place
>Autoplay goes straight to a video of a different guy showing exactly where the screws are and how to find them, including turning a certain dial all the way up to reach one
Motorheads are the best at knowing exactly what other motorheads will want to know

>nvmnd fixed it

>I'll take "what are lasers?" for 200

Negated by the anti-energy shields is what.
When you're going 250m/s in an evasive pattern you can basically ignore cannons, so you can put all your shield energy into telling the only things that threaten you to fuck off.

Been on a several month hiatus from egg and spengies
Did anyone gas the keen yet?
Are windows still all scratched up and dirty?

Nice.

New tynk

HUD just changed. I'm not sure about windows because I don't really use them. Not good for fighting. If I'm not behind three layers of heavy armor then I don't feel safe.

Nice microgun, but where's the BOOM?

Speaking of which I'm designing a new attack ship in creative for frankys.space, which just got wiped again. Going for the 8000 block limit.

Posting before obsolesence hits

Nice framerate you got there

Is there an image like this but for engineering?

Not yet.

>If I'm not behind three layers of heavy armor then I don't feel safe.
That may be true, but wide sweeping windows are max comfy. The patrician choice is a high visibility open bridge as well as an armored interior bridge

I didn't spawn the wall.

How?

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make a circle in a grid

Better?

>try making a "space" blaned for from the depths
>no grav, no air resistance
>trying to make space crafts using PID`s
>all they do is flop and flip around until they crash into the ground

No

NOW we're talking.

Not quite sure how you managed to fuck "not going down" up in the absence of gravity, but I have to assume that your PID settings are crap.

Either that or you forgot to add roll authority so your unbalanced thrust causes downward pitch.

well
i guess the thrust balance is horrible with the differently colored front part beeing a turret

i`ll try a balanced thrust chassis next

>Page 10 ded

you deserve it for daring to consort with circles

I wonder what kind of aircraft this could be.

ground craft

burrow through the earth

strike the dirt

!!FUN!!

THAT BETTER NOT BE PROJECT PLUTO

>he doesnt build space gunships

Obvious harrier fuselage is obvious.

>he's building anything ANYTHING other than space battleships

It's the best defensive design though, all turrets have equal coverage of the others.

soon
soon

but first i shall gather experience on smol shibbs

HesRightYouKnow.oldassjpeg

>Crossouts supposed to be going open beta really fucking soon

>devs wont say anything and just refuse to talk to anybody

Waste of the block limit to build a fashion bridge.

I didn't know that compact repair blocks had this shine when in space

Underrated post

The latest revision of my anti-laser missile, cut down the warhead to 25 grams of platinum and 250 mg of nitrocellulose. It's not a very powerful explosion, but at the speeds it gets up to its plenty to rip apart radiators and tear through armor. I also renamed it from the Krakatoa to the Tunguska, since it's more of a kinetic that uses an explosive charge to spread its payload than a proper flak.

who /endlesssky/ here?

Not me. I haven't really looked into it though. Give me the rundown.

I like transporting high value deadline cargo in a suped up liner with high speed jump engines

is spess, but is not /egg/

Good game, brittle mission code. Prompts are occasionally written just ambiguously enough to accidentally fuck up a long mission line because you were declining the mission when you thought you were chatting.

It is a strange, wingless Harrier that maneuvers entirely by thrust vectoring.