Oil'n'gas

So I just bought a used Saab 9-5 sportwagon from 2006. I promised my gf it would be spotless, and it surely does look spotless. it has done 129,000 miles, and had it's last oil change at 128,000 miles, this november, where it also had the filter changed, and a small service. Yet when I lifted the bonnet today, the oil smelled like gas. What do? Is it okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/701075633/overview/
blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does the oil look like. What is you comparison or are you just freaking out because it's the first time you have checked and smelled oil.

Is it a 2.3t or a 2.3T

I've got a Saab 9-5 too. Doesn't mean I can answer your question though.

I guess gas in the oil would indicate bad piston rings? You might be imagining things though.

Get rid of those poverty-tier hubcaps and get some alloys on that thing.

It's a 2.0T, 210 bhp Hirsch. Dunno couldn't see it. i was freaking out because I have heard that gas in the oil is a bad thing. It didn't look bad though.

How many miles?

All in good time, all in good time.

If the oil isn't foamy after driving for 15 to 30 min I wouldn't worry about it. Saab engines rarely have big blowby issues.

Do you have a hiirsch version with fucking steelies wtf

yeah just bought it okay, give me a break

Not op but what does a capital or small T matter?

Instead of asking people on the internet to diagnose your car without ever seeing it based on one paragraph of information why don't you send the oil off for analysis and they can tell you exactly what's going on with it.

small t is 175cv or 150, big T is 210

sorry, welcome to the family :) i own a 9-3 vector 2003 a saab 900S and my dad owns a 9-3 Viggen, i was just surprised that it was sold at all with steelies, here in europe it is almost imposible to come by a hiirsch version, but hiirsch here dont just have 210cv thats the Aeros, hre a hiirsch has atleast 300cv

The 2.0 is notorious for having bad valve seat sealing when approaching higher mileage.. might look into valve replacement and headwork.. sorry user

damn damn damn damn damn

you may be thinking of the ecotec l850. I have never heard of valve seat, or any valve issue, with the b2X5 or b2X4.

Here are the big issues with the b2X5. 01-04 pcv issues. Caused sludging if you used cheap oil and extended change interval. Head bolts can stretch over time, fairly uncommon problem with the b2x5 but it can happen.
The DIC will crap at about once ever 125k to 150k miles. Changing plugs at least every 30k with ngk will prolong its life. The garret turbos crap out ever 125k to 200k depending on maintenance and how it was driven. Crankcase position sensor may crap out at 200k to 250k.

The above are all miles, sorry eurobro.

Sure about this? Never heard about it before.

Im talking about the b207 variants.. i was under the impression thats the motor op has.. ecotec short block, saab designed head.. regardless.. the b207 is notorious for valve issues

1st gen 9-5 only had b205 and b235 and a few with a crappy v6, not the 2.8 turbo.

the b207 was on the 2nd gen 9-3 and 2nd gen 9-5.

Didn't know they Hirsch'd a 9-5 Linear into Arc specs, thought they only did that to the Aero's only, since it'd be kinda wasted on a 2.0 engine, especially since a 9-5 without the 2.3 liter is just "why?".
That's what the 9-3 is for...

Anyway, just make sure there's no dirt or such on the injectors since they are pretty exposed.

Don't trust US mechanics period.
Make sure they didn't fuck up the coolant while you're at it.

>04
You mean up to 2003, yes but if OPs pic is correct that's a 06+

2nd gen doesn't have b207, never had. The 2003-2012(2013 version) had the EcoTech.
9-5 only have two generations, the 1997(1998 versions) up to 2010 with various face lifts, but the 2nd gen was made 2010 and it's a completely different car.

>You mean up to 2003, yes but if OPs pic is correct that's a 06+
what was the fix from 04 on.. did they just all come with pvc update #6 the pseudo catch can or did they do something else?

>2nd gen doesn't have b207, never had. The 2003-2012(2013 version) had the EcoTech.
are you saying the 2nd gen 9-3 did not have the b207? Because it did. The b207 was saabs name for their version of the l850 which was branded as EcoTec, however GM used the name EcoTec for some engines from in the 80s and 90s which has led to some confusion about lotus's role in the l850. It had no role and their head design work was for a different gm Ecotec engine. so it gets a bit confusion. As i said earlier, the b207 is saabs name for their version of the l850.

They updated the PCV on models after 2003.

>are you saying the 2nd gen 9-3 did not have the b207? Because it did
>9-3
The topic was about 9-5, and 2nd gen 9-5 have all V6.
I already stated where the "SAAB" EcoTech was used and for how long it was used in the post if you read it properly.

First gen 9-5 are every 9-5 that use the first gen 9-5 and 2nd gen 9-3 interiors. The 2nd gen 9-5, NINE-FIVE, have this interior (picture).

Here's a picture to easy differ them apart if you even sit in one.

So you don't mix 9-5 and 9-3 together in the future.
As you see, the 9-5 uses the 2nd gen 9-3 interior while still being in it's own 1st gen.

>2nd gen 9-5 have all V6.
except they don't.
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/701075633/overview/

the 2nd gen saab 9-5 was available with the l850 engine as well, however unlike the 9-3 with the B207 / Ecotec / l850 lk9, the 9-5 used an updated version with l850 ldk.

Its normal for some gas to get past the piston rings, especially during cold start. If you frequently drive short distances you might not be running the engine at temp long enough to burn off the contamination. Its not horrible but you should change your oil pretty frequently and maye go for a long drive on the open road every once in a while.

blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php

You can get your oil checked for ~$30

Again, surprised.
Not only was I surprised they actually bothered Hirsch'ing a 2.0T, they even went and did the same and put 2.0 in a 2nd g 9-5.
Never seen a non V6 of those new 9-5s.

I hope you're right about this, I've heard that as well. I'll be picking it up later today, I hope everything goes smooth