/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 25th:
1000 – Fatimid caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah assassinates the eunuch chief minister Barjawan and assumes control of the government.
1199 – Richard I is wounded by a crossbow bolt while fighting France, leading to his death on April 6.
1807 – The Slave Trade Act becomes law, abolishing the slave trade in the British Empire.
1941 – The Kingdom of Yugoslavia joins the Axis powers with the signing of the Tripartite Pact.
1949 – More than 92,000 kulaks are suddenly deported from the Baltic states to Siberia.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

>taking Sao Paulo

I needed the coffee and the pops lad

One down

Is there any way to cheat colonial provinces into states?
I played Mughal and did the Jihad decision but all this land is colonial despite me being unciv

Based and white

Brazil looks like a cripple without the south t bh

You're gonna love this then

>hospitals only help with preventing disease spread

What a ridiculous, backwards mechanic. They don't reduce the effects of the epidemic, they don't make the disease clear out sooner, they don't do anything else useful except provide you with 0.00003 technology points and +something opinion with bishops (lmao) at the highest level.

A million ducats and couple thousand tech points after you've built a hospital and upgraded it to level 5 it might prevent the epidemic spreading into your province, or not - halting your development, killing your family if you don't shut the gates, suffering a devastating peasant unrest after they blame the Jews and/or depopulating your province and removing ALL your prosperity modifiers AT ONCE. Fuck this shit.

Now the real fun begins

>only help with preventing disease spread
>only

Show cores.

Also are you going fascist?

that's how I like my france

r8 AI GB
>there's bohemian, norwegian, castilian, burgundian and trincarian province

My Britbong playthrough, latest HPM no cheats or exploits. I regret releasing Rhodesia, it doesn't even come as a puppet. Canada also became GP and I lost puppet status which was annoying.

On an aesthetic level the Cape to Cambodia is pretty pleasing, but the Empire looks really Africa/Asia heavy. I think the only way to get it to look truly good is to Annex the carribean and Guyana, and then somehow annex all the dutch colonies. I think you could do this by breaking the infamy limit in the 1830s and fighting off the coalition wars while Britain is strong and the GP's are weak, adding wargoals to take all of the initial french, dutch and maybe american colonies, then resetting to 24.99 infamy when you win and letting it burn for a bit. You can only efficiently blob if you get lucky, the uncivs don't westernise before you can annex them with that cheap 5 infamy establish protectorate CB you get in the lategame, or the oriental crisis goes in the direction that lets you claim the levant for free. (I don't actually know why that happens)

I don't know if I want to lose the immigration bonus for being a republic, I started boosting fascists because my people would only elect liberals tanking my economy

Will Mandate of Heaven be gud y/n

Will Asia be fun to play in

>EUIV
>good

>Will Asia be fun to play in
>fun

Nice, did you get them all from the core integration events? Or does Rio grande do sul have some decisions for cores? Also be careful about those fascist, you need a surprisingly small amount of fascist to get the fascist coup event.

"improve"
>improve on shit
well
I mean thats what this thing was supposed to be all about right
Asia has been a deadzone for years hasnt it? even since EUIII, only Vicky makes it fun

>some bishop revolts, conquers italy and makes it a theocracy

>did you get them all from the core integration events?
Yes, apart from Santa Catarina which is a decision, the rest is all from integration

Also not a terrible dismantlement if you don't look at Europe

I'm pretty sure that you can take the Levant if Egypt wins the Oriental crisis. Because you need to protect muh eastern christians.

Also did you somehow annex central Asia or is it a puppet?

>Also did you somehow annex central Asia or is it a puppet?
Russia was dismantled, then I annexed all the uncivs that were released, and warred Germany to take their central asian colonies.

>lots of devotion and nothing to use it on.
Atleast give it some cool power. Like healing satanists have for some reason. Or holy hand grenade.

>get 100 warscore in a long and bloody holy war in the middle of the epic battle you are going to win
>decide to wait a day or two and see those infidels slaughtered before enforcing your demands
>your opponent converts to your faith, making CB no longer valid

I won the tribuitary wars against northumbria and east anglia, but then lost to the picts because AI cannot into ships.
Then my king died leaving me with a slow son, whilst my daughter is slow, but if I die then I become duke of bourbon

>Mughal
>didnt westernize as soon as Jihad start

>play as Ireland in Vicky 2
>declare war on Portugal
>can't deal with them very well because of landing from sea
>reload save
>get military access from Spain
>declare war on Portugal
>land in Spain
>Spain immediately intervenes on Portugal's side and attacks me
>reload save
>declare war on Denmark
>Prussia intervenes and attacks me
>achieve the wargoal but still get -100% and auto-peaced because of Prussia's fuckery
I thought this game was supposed to be fun.

But user, if your Crusade was launched to get the heathens to see the light, your mission was successful beyond your imagination wasnt it?

You are doing it wrong, you are not supposed to reload.

lmao scrub

I am a pagan in disguise. I guess this is what I deserved for using the same trick against HRE.

Why does no one else want matrilineial marriages

git

How do I fix the black flags in HPM? If I launch the game without it they look normal but with HPM several flags (not only NNM countries) become completely black.

Hey /pol what's my name

Try deleting these

hey

Guess I really am a cuck

Hey gsg I want to play as a country with a very small population, and use it to blob into Africa,

My idea is roleplaying as an evil and very rich dynasty that starts colonizing Africa for using the niggas as their slaves since they don't have enough people back in their homecountry.

What country should I play?

Belgium obviously.

thanks

Belgium, of course.

That Africa looks pretty good (bar Kenya and Senegal).

Is Monks and Mystics patched yet

wow only loyal so she could demand what they all demand

Besides, don't act like you don't know what all this crusading and jihading business is actually all about.

Shut the fuck up and answer me

>he didnt get it
You slow or something?

At least now the ruskies have a proper stop next time they need to be btfo by the japs

That didn't help. Anything else?

Did I jiynx it?

Time for me to blob like crazy

I don't know anything about your anime character or its irrelevant out of place reference, so no, just answer the goddamn question

Our first daughter still sits in her court, but we are getting there with the birht of our son

He will die before coming of age from random manure explosion or pneumonia.

based and white
i prefer egyptanon to ottos tho

Goddamn it laddie.
Nope. No patches. You get nothing, good day sir.
>anime character

Thanks

No probs. Its not like CK2 is improving, modders actually do better work than Paradox.
Just compare HoI2 with DH.

ah yes

Plague has finally left Middlesex where the outbreeak began, what greatness could this mean

Agree to both and then declare war on yourself for authentic WWI experience.

is the ai in vicky 2 just hardcoded to suck ass at troop transportation?

If the earl of somerset was not her cousin then I would have her imprisoned for treason

You can only agree to one.
Paradox ai is hardcoded to be retarded.

Do allainces only last for one war, and why can I not offer non aggression pacts with all marriages and what are the conditions to get a NAP

r8 europe

lithuania obviously needs some cleanup, but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with how it's turning out

What happened to the Ottomans?

*colonizeis ur galaxy*

Basileios-kun, forgive me. The deed has been done, my ambitions are bared, my treachery known to all.

>what are the conditions to get a NAP
You must be laying down or sitting, eyes closed, and not doing anything active.
>Do allainces only last for one war, and why can I not offer non aggression pacts with all marriages
What game? If you are talking about CK2 you get non-agression pacts from marriage automatically. Alliances last until conditions for the alliance are broken, but you get opinion penalty for calling ally into war.

What does this mean, and also r8 the Byzantine capital

yes ck2
but not all marriages, it says 'desires better NAP' as reason for no marriage, but when I hover over the NAP icon it says' 'We would get no NAP from this marriage

*colonizes ur galaxy*

La Plata

You can't get non-agression pacts with your vassals and you don't get them from marrying off non-dynastic courtiers.

Ugly and non-white.

>You can't get non-agression pacts with your vassals
You w0t m8

thanks

how built up is your holdings?

Also keep posting, loving this so far lad

is neither white nor based

funny you'd say that as I'm now building upgrades into holdings rather than just saving up to put 2 cities 1 bisphoric 1 castle in each thing
Or should I fill up holding slots and then do upgrades. I'm just worried about further wars atm, and really want to break free from the Pictish yoke

So far, so good. Going hard on the early push, before anyone can build forts

> 2 cities 1 bisphoric 1 castle in each thing
Build only castles in you capital and hold them yourself.

>not following user's advice and setting vassals to 1/4 limit and prioritising a retinue to have an authentic mediveal play through
to each their own user

If you control two good duchies and don't plan on relocating then you want to build the towns and walls first for the bonus income, then additional holdings in the counties you directly own since barony-tier vassals don't count towards your vassal limit and generally aren't nuisances, only contributing bonus tax and levies.

thankyou user

Annoying siege against against Cyprus and their fort. At least I knocked out aan ally of the Hospitallers

they finished off byzantium, and then got gangbanged by bulgaria, venice and hungary, oushing them back to constantinople.
Ottomans then tried to invade georgia and got hit by revolts, and imploded into a bunch of smaller states. Bulgaria became stronk and nabbed constantinople.
Karaman and venice took turns raping the ottomans and here we are

We all love some regular bordergore, but how about some political bordergore. Check out all this freedom.

Ah interesting, whilst we were both secured in our respective courts to stave away the plague she sired me two children, but now the plague is gone she sins?

>tfw you fell for the "a fully literate society with profitable factories will get you a bigger industry than early industrialization" meme