Europ Pickup

Euro here,

What is the best Pickup Truck to buy in Europe that is cheap used, and is easily fixed and has a long lifetime?

pic unrelated (just a google image of pickup trucks)

Other urls found in this thread:

mopar.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8149
autoscout24.com/offers/volkswagen-amarok-2-0-tdi-4x4-180pk-dsg-navi-airco-cruise-diesel-grey-c8672804-6662-4c4b-bdab-5a67b25a66cf?cldtidx=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like the Tacoma/Hilux, personally. But not sure what you're using it for

any years I should look out for or stay away from?

Get an ISIS Hilux. You will blend in when you visit the neighborhood your wife's bull lives in.

>finally leave /pol/ for another board for one fucking thread
>the same shit tier meme
what's wrong with a pickup? I want to get maximum use out of my vehicle, and one of its jobs is picking big/heavy shit up and transporting them

I see a lot of mazda, mitsubishi and nissan trucks in northern Italy.
Most of them are from the 90's and still in good shape

All of them. Look up the hilux's truly hilarious moose test fail

if they're so bad then what should I get?

longevity is the main issue. I don't want it to randomly break and age like milk.

D-max?

FIL has pic related as a trucc in Netherlandistan

>Netherlandistan
OP here, that's where I'm from.

>FIL
what?

dont mind him, americans hate it when people actually use trucks for their intended purpose.

t.Tyrrone-Cletus Rodriguez

Probably not.

Whatwill actually happen though is that the truck will work.

Father in law, you know, schoonvader? He has a one-man-company (zzp) and through the "bedrijfsauto" tax loophole, he bought that trucc for 36k including blower and the LPG conversion

>through the "bedrijfsauto" tax loophole, he bought that trucc for 36k including blower and the LPG conversion
holy shit, do you have any details on how that works? is it as simple as officially buying the car for the business and getting tax rebate?

If you have a pickup or van that's eligible for the ''grey license'' (=you can fit a standard sized pallet in the back), you can register it as a work vehicle, and then you don't have to pay BPM and BTW when purchasing it (which is something like 120K on new V8 trucks), and road tax is reduced to the level of an Aygo - even with an LPG installation.

Net purchase price of a brand new Ram 1500 using this loophole: about 45K. That'll buy you a shitty, entry level 320 diesel.
Net running costs: see: Aygo
Net fuel usage: with LPG, about equivalent to 14 KM/L.

He's memeing on you. A Tacoma's by far the best choice compared to anything European or American.

>he bought that trucc for 36k including blower and the LPG conversion
>blower
Are you saying me there's a guy in this godforsaken country with a 500+hp blown F-150 running on LPG?

The only rational response

mopar.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8149
Just look up something like "grijs kenteken pickup" or "pickup bedrijfswagen mrb". You'll find several ways to do it, either through DIY conversion and inspection or through companies that do the conversion themselves. Remember, bedrijfswagens (company working vehicles for other people reading this) are exempt from the BPM tax, the co2 emissions based one. That is the tax that makes a mustang GT cost 120k.

I might be able to help you out, I've tried out pretty much all of them in my hunt for a pickup

What years are you looking at, and what're you using it for? Aka what type of driving, terrain, what you'll be carrying, what cab (single cab, extended cab, double cab) and what equipment you need/want (ABS, aircondition and so on)

dumbass here (I don't know shit), what is that? (model and year)

Yes. If you see a big, burly painter who also owns the best painting company in the Netherlands ((((tm))), that's him. He recently won that prize in 2016. He lives way up north and gets clients all the way in France and Belgium. Gotta go fast for dem contracts yo, ain't nobody got time for dat shitty 130 kph

>clients all the way in France and Belgium.
just to pay buildings?

>clients all the way in France and Belgium.
just to paint buildings?

That, friend/o/, is a blown F150 crew cab with a 5.0 running on LPG. It's a 2016

>Gubment literally calls it a "gas installation"
Hilter would be proud

VW Amarok
Nissan Navara

they're the only pickup trucks I ever see here

>ain't nobody got time for dat shitty 130 kph
A Ram 1500 will go up to 172 - and that's when the limiter will hit. I wouldn't want to take a 2.5 ton pickup over 180 anyways, that's a lot of mass to deal with.

All of these pickups are lots of fun though. Everybody's jealous as fuck, everybody moves out of the way when you're doing 140 in the left lane, electric cutouts + remote start for shits and giggles....

How much power?

Would you consider the new Silverado on par with the Ram and F-150?

Unironically, yes. Interiors in winter, exteriors in summer. Gubments need dem fancy painted walls an shieeet.

I can't believe how tax money is being spent like that, but yeah that's gubment for you. Some rich folks also hire him for that. He actually once called me in the middle of a medicine lecture because he didn't know the french words for "no milk in the coffee", the maid of the rich peeps wasn't very good at English, lel

>power
(((Officially))) it's only 370ish

It's actually dyno'd at 530-something

can I do the same trick with another decent pickup to get the eventual price to even cheaper? honestly, is just overkill for me. and I rather have something that makes even lesser dent in the wallet if possible.

If you have a company (registered with the KVK), then you can do the same with a first-gen classic Caddy pickup for example. Throw an LPG installation in the back, done. Cheap road tax, cheap car, easy to find parts (interchangable with the ubiquitous Golf). It's cheaper to just buy a small diesel van though.

Maybe I should have specified; I've tried "euro trucks", aka Hilux, Navara, L200, Amarok and so on

Never been in a Silverado, only ever driven a 2004 RAM 1500 Rumble Bee, and the 2014 F150 owned by a neighbor

Rumble Bee felt very stiff, transmission unsharp and the reverb from the exhaust was terrible. Good power, handled way better than I'd expect something of its size to do, was way better to tow heavy shit with on-road than the usual pickups I drive

F150 was very much the same, but with a more comfy suspension. All in all nothing really wrong with it

Gotta remember that the trucks we usually have here in Europe are diesel, and diesels are not easily converted to LPG, nor does it really do any good

Answer the questions in and I'll give you the best answers I can about the more usual pickups

Basically, yes. Find yourself a decent pickup that runs on gasoline, have it converted to LPG (1.5k-ish at a proper shop including paperwork) and get it registered as a bedrijfswagen. The inspection will cost 105 eurobucks at the RDW (national vehicle inspection agency). You could of course just get a diesel one, but dem lpg is cheap

Smugglers in my country use the Isuzu D-max, pretty reliable and dependable.
I tend to prefer previous generation Ranger, though.

Only one I've tried so far has been a 2015 Ram 1500. They're clearly way more luxurious than the Euro options, and going big has a value all of it's own. They're hilariously cheap compared to regular cars anyways, so there's no reason not to buy the biggest MURRIKA truck you can.

The new 8 speed auto was excellent, especially when towing. The owner had some electric cutouts installed, which meant you could enjoy a nice quit, dronefree exhaust most of the time, yet you can scare women and children whenever you want. It's especially hilarious when combined with the remote start. Suspension is comfy and floaty, but controllable enough to kick the rear end out if you wanted to.

I love the looks of the newer Silverado though, so I'm looking at one of those instead of all the Rams I keep seeing everywbere.

>What years are you looking at
no idea.
>what're you using it for
I move around a lot, so moving my stuff to the new place and stuff like that.
>what type of driving, terrain
everything in this country is flat as fuck, so no tricky terrain
>what cab
whichever can take a standard sized pellet so I can do the tax trick
>what equipment
ABS, Traction control/ESC,

I would also like to cruise around in belgium, which has some mountainous terrain but is still not off-road

Thats the gist I've gotten aswell. They are obviously constructed to be much more fitting as a daily vehicle and an on-road working vehicle, where the eurotrucks are more utilitarian, does better off-road, have smaller & more economical engines, less equipment and whatnot

Not sure what I'd get if I was ever to get an american one. I bought my Hilux with the requirements being good offroad capability, simple construction, tall ground clearance, manual transmission and diesel.

I suppose the current Ranger (which is now the same in both US and Europe, if I'm not mistaken) and the Chevrolet Colorado (which we already have in the form of the Isuzu D-Max) are options, but it seems that as soon as you go up one size they all become on-road oriented haulers & family vehicles, losing the simplicity, tall ground clearance, off-road strength and small engine

(mind you, I say small engine - the 101hp in my Toyota is way too little for my area and I plan on putting in a 3 liter 170hp)

The obvious answer; a VW Transporter

Now that I've made my joke; what budget do you have?

how do I calculate how much a car would end up costing after the grey plate trick?

>what budget do you have?
about half of this guy:

Could you give an actual fucking straight answer? Its somewhat annoying trying to help someone who is not able to give a direct answer and links to something that doesn't even contain any relevant info, unless the 45K is what you're referring to which is not stated as a buget

>Could you give an actual fucking straight answer?
I don't know because I don't know the answer to: If I knew how much a car would actually end up costing after the grey plate stuff, then I'd know what I can afford, since saying "30K or less" wouldn't mean shit to you unless you knew the answer to: >memri

So you're not looking for the average used diesel pickup, but a petrol-engine LPG-converted american size pickup?

>but a petrol-engine LPG-converted
yes. I gotta have me that sweet tax loophole

plus, registering KVK (your own business) is free now, so I can just make some shit up and buy the car as a company car.

Sure - but then you need to haul around the LPG tank, more wear on the engine, gotta fuel both LPG and petrol unless you convert it fully to run on LPG

autoscout24.com/offers/volkswagen-amarok-2-0-tdi-4x4-180pk-dsg-navi-airco-cruise-diesel-grey-c8672804-6662-4c4b-bdab-5a67b25a66cf?cldtidx=2

Barely used, diesel engine, will do everything you need it to, AWD, 2/5 seats. Sure, its smaller than an american truck, but it doesn't sound like you really need all that space. It will also run cheaper than an LPG-converted american pickup, trust me

>autoscout24.com/offers/volkswagen-amarok-2-0-tdi-4x4-180pk-dsg-navi-airco-cruise-diesel-grey-c8672804-6662-4c4b-bdab-5a67b25a66cf?cldtidx=2
holy shit, this one already has a grey plate? I though you had to convert it to LPG for it to be eligable for the grey plate stuff

get a load of this retard.
>not realising the Tacoma isn't sold in yurop
>not realising the Tacoma IS an American truck built and designed in America for the American market

My dutch is really terrible, but I can't seem to find any restrictions on "grey plates", only that they have to be under 3.5 tonnes and registered to a company on average vehicles

It also seems that pickups and other "work vehicles" are "exempt from taxes on private use"? I dunno man, I can't read dutch all that well

is it really not worth doing an LPG convert then? just go with diesel?

Pretty much. Simpler, cheaper, uses less space and doesn't wear the engine as much

For your use I think the VW Amarok is the best option, as its the one that handles the best on-road, has the most equipment and is also priced quite nicely.

Toyota Hilux is more rough than it needs to be for you, and they are also overly expensive used

Nissan Navara is decent, but they are still plagued by shitty problems with their diesel engines, and do not hold value well

Isuzu D-Max is a very good all-rounder, but still a tad rough for your use

Mitsubishi L200 feels dull and outdated, and the most common 2.5 diesel in it is fucking ancient

Ford Ranger is alright, but nothing special. Interior feels cheap, seats are shit. 3.2 diesel engine is powerful and damned good.

thank you based user. VW Amarok looks fucking good

white people are obsessed with black cock. it's normal.

Remember to try it out properly before buying. Its still a pickup truck; the ride is stiff, it uses a bit more fuel than your average car, the turning radius is terrible and you will have relatives pestering you about getting trash transported or some other stupid shit

Volkswagen Jetta or 4 door Golf with a Smythe truck conversion kit.
Bed payload of 750 lbs (341 kg).
Same towing as a normal Jetta/Golf.

yeah but even if it feels shit, I reckon you get used to it, right?

Stop posting this trash

>kit costs 3000 dollars+++
>looks like shit
>car itself costs like 700 bucks

no, dude.

no.

Sure, you get used to it right away - I just want you to be aware of what its like. You're throwing away comfort, speed and economy for 4WD, cargo space and tall seating, and if you don't have the greatest need for all of this you run the risk of starting to kinda miss having a more simple car

I went from a 1998 Mercedes C-class to a 2003 Hilux. For the past three years I had been driving that Mercedes purely to get to school, work and wherever else I needed to be. For this it was a perfect car for me; didn't use all that much fuel, had airconditioning, automatic, tight turning, easy to work on and in good condition. If I was just going from point A to point B I would not have switched. After finishing my studies and moving back home I took up my old hobbies, requiring me to get something that could tow, transport gear and get wherever I needed to be no matter how bad the conditions were. The Hilux became my choice, and I like it than the Mercedes because it fits my area so much better - but I would hate it if I owned and drove it anywhere where the roads are better, roads not as steep and winters not as tough

All I want is that you make damned sure you know what you're buying, and the limitations/drawbacks of a pickup

that pic looks comfy as fuck, damn shame the terrain here in netherlandistan is fucking plat and bland and we no longer have winters

I wish you guys had more hills and tougher winters too, because whenever one of your countrymen comes here they are one or both of these; in a car on summer tires, and/or completely unable to drive in winter conditions

I will when you stop being cancer.

Nope, you can't just register a business and get away with it. You actually have to work 1225 hours a year for your business, and the tax inspector will get suspicious if your company only owns a truck without any kind of income.

The LPG tank can be hidden under the bed. Wear on the engine is negligible compared to the savings, especially with modern engines. Of course it'll be converted to full LPG, why else would you do this? You only start it on gasoline, and modern G3 and up systems will automatically switch to LPG.

Nope, any work vehicle will do, as long as it fits the standard definition. You don't have to convert to LPG - but since you don't have to pay road taxes anymore, going to LPG is the cheapest possible option. Diesel is a bit cheaper as well.

>Nope, you can't just register a business and get away with it. You actually have to work 1225 hours a year for your business, and the tax inspector will get suspicious if your company only owns a truck without any kind of income.
so there's no way I can get muh grey plate without actually having a company that regularly does business?

Now, here's the fun part:

A Charger Hellcat here costs about 80K before taxes. Then the tax man comes in with a 21% sales tax (BTW) and a 90K CO2 tax (BPM). If you were to take that Hellcat though, and convert it to a Ute, you could theoretically use it as a grey license vehicle (work vehicle). No BTW, no BPM, almost zero road tax, and a basically free LPG conversion. You'd be driving that Hellcat for the price of an mid-level E-class - while enjoying a net fuel consumption of about 12km/l. If somebody could get a proper conversion for them done, they'd sell like hotcakes.

Yes.

but there must be a way!!!!!

what if I know someone who runs a random business, and I buy the car in his company's name or something?

google unimog. yes made by mercedes benz. still used by foriegn armies

hot damn, but it's way too overkill and impractical for urban life.

also, you can only buy old as fuck ones, so they maintanance will be shit, and if something breaks..

You then have to prove that at least 10% of the km's you drive in that truck are made for that company. Also, you'll get bijtelling. 20-something percent of the truck's value will be added to your income, and you have to pay income tax over that amount - basically, you're paying 10% of the car's value in taxes every year.

>basically, you're paying 10% of the car's value in taxes every year.
WTF??? is that always the case?

With company cars in the Netherlands, yes. 4K a year to drive a 40K pickup is still cheap as fuck though, compared to the costs of road tax, insurance and fuel consumption on a regular car.

the insurance is different too?

Get a powerstroke you fag.

>pick up in the netherlands
> I want to get maximum use out of my vehicle

You won't.

>American market pickup trucks
Why the hell would you buy a Taquisha when you can have a Hilux?

Trailer, m8, unless you definitely need to go offroad. Any midsize car can tow double as much as you can load on a midsize pickup. Just make sure you get one of the larger diesels in the model line.

>Trailer, m8, unless you definitely need to go offroad. Any midsize car can tow double as much as you can load on a midsize pickup
you're right
>just make sure you get one of the larger diesels in the model line.
?