Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?
>modified
>700bhp
>18,000 miles
>£40k
Whats the catch?

www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606134876438?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&model=GT-R&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=ts56rd&make=NISSAN&maximum-mileage=25000&page=1

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>modified
theres your catch

>Whats the catch?

slower than a $30k vette lolol

lol

The catch is that it is modified. The price they are asking for is market value believe it or not. I saw a mint 09 GT-R here going for $60k, but the dude had made a bunch of meme modifications to it to bring the hp up to 680~ish. Only had like 15 miles on it too

lol, wow

CHEBBY REDNECKS TRIGGERED

COUSIN-FUCKING AT AN ALL-TIME LOW

t. ferdboi

Well, the one in the OP is not.

you aren't wrong

Basically its modified: even if he did the mods right and didn't fuck anything about the car up it still ruins the car. If he had put no mods on it it would sell for way more

Also if there a way any mods to it. It's fucking voided

Warranty

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Don't most gtr owners mod the fuck out of their car?

How the fuck does this make any sense? So if I do it by the book and invest like 10k into the car (wheels, brakes, exhaust, engine, etc.) then the value of my car goes down?

Because you molested it and you left your DNA all over the goddamn place

Doesn't matter. It still voids the warranty and reduces the value of the car

Its a 2010 model
the warranty is over anyway

You ruined a cars virginity .. it has less value. Modded means it's been raced, abused, etc. Sure there's a small chance it had a great owner who went to reputable shops but that doesn't mean shit when you're spending loads of money. You always prefer the unmodified version of a car.

So putting on performance wheels and brakes somehow is considered molesting my car? My engine has had a simple tune which is easily reversible. If I sell, I'm asking for more. Forget this shitty line of thinking which only applies to faggots who fuck around with cheap cars.

not down, but not up either

You install a different fuel system for example
you need a tune that changes the OEM injection times and amounts. Your engine consumes more fuel, makes more power which means more wear. The Tune is custom made, which means no one knows how reliable it is. Most mechanics will charge extra because your engine is not stock anymore.

Wheels bring up the prices of the car, but only if they have been installed by OEM specs and approved of the Manufacturer

that means is has been raced/abused/driven by a faggot just like you.

No one will buy yo car, that's for sure

> He thinks I drive a shitty riced out car

Not everybody here is a poorfag so calm down.

Adding somethings do not take away but adding anything does not increase its base value.
If you want the retail value of your car then run the fucker into a ditch and save all your receipts.

you can get a brand new computer at best buy for like $500

putting ceramic brakes on your E60 520i doesn't make it a racecar nor a expensive car desu

>If I sell, I'm asking for more.
You won't get it. If you want the most money, you keep it as maintained and clean as possible and return it to stock. No one is paying extra for those ugly ass wheels that you picked out at the flea market either.

And as everyone else has said, the second you mention your CAI or a "tune" or "chip", you just told the buyer that you beat the shit out of it, even if you didn't.

It wasn't until you posted that; posting about it voids the warranty.

If you put a tune on it I don't care how basic it was you wore on the engine more than intended that damages the car and damages the value

>warranty
>2010

There is no warranty anymore.

Where did this "mods add value" meme even come from?

Retards who think buying a car for 40k, adding a 1k exhaust system makes it worth 41k

Also the "I no wut I got" crowd

Changing your tires or brakes is not modding a car. Changing your tires to better tires isn't either. Changing shit like a tune or changing a suspension or an exhaust or anything is.

>my mods add money

Its part meme
If you buy a car for 20k and put 40k of work into it
Its going to be worth at the very least 30k
the meme is your $2000 worth of eBay Bolt ons isn't going to add value

Really depends desu. Could just be a money sink. I work on old Mercedes and see this all the time.
>"I put $7k into maintenance over the past year, asking $8k"
Sorry bud, it's still a 1997 e320 with 230k miles

Potential buyers won't have any way of knowing if an amateur's work is good or shit from an online ad. Chances are it's the latter, so they'll err on the side of caution and avoid it.
It's just not worth the risk of wasting money on someone else's hack-job of a project car that they gave up on trying to finish.

The GTR is the best price/performamce car tjere is OP

>Corv-
Lol overheats

The dealer has some pretty negative reviews

You can ask for anything you want. You'll never get it, but you can ask. There is no way you'll convince anyone that you didn't beat the shit out of your car after that tune. Wheels are a different issue, but your the ones you put on are probably hideous.

>buying a car that spent the entirety of its life doing 0-60 pulls

not necessarily

if you buy a $20k car and put a bunch of stupid mods on it that cost $10k your car will now be worth $5k because of the retard tax

Stock parts are all designed and installed according to strict quality control. If the car is stock you know you're purchasing something that won't fuck up, or at the very least you know HOW it will fuck up.

If the car is modded up and down, you don't know what the fuck to expect. It could've been installed by a clueless first time wrencher, it could be a part that is prone to various problems when used in conjunction with others. It just adds a whole mess of uncertainty and complexity that probably isn't worth the headache.

So guess what, your modded car sells for less (or only slightly more) than stock, depending on what's in it and who put it there.

Am I missing something here?
Not trying to start anything, I'm a Viper fanboy

Also source: fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

>still in production
>cancelled
???
its not 2018 yet mate. and yeah, cars get phased out of production.

sperg more

The only thing more annoying than GMers are GT-R fanboys

>1/3 the weight
Really gets my neurons firing.

>points out obvious
"hurr durr sperg more"
what

sperg more
stay btfo

>they have the same laptime, and im the one sperging
werent you benchrasing just now about the c7?
at least make some sense?

stay btfo

?

function show_alert value="Show User" eval("x=10; y=20;document.write(x*y)");

whaaa
are you high or something?
im just plain curious now

>If I sell, I'm asking for more.
You can ask for whatever you want, nobody is actually going to buy it for more though.

stay btfo

wtf???? forgot my trip.
stay btfo

decided to come back from your powertrip?

>living on Hebron Road, Middlesbrough

Isn't that the street where all the gays live?

nah i was in class. just got out. stay btfo

New brakes will keep the price steady.
New wheels can up or keeo the price (depending on brand/look)
New exhaust can also up the price (depending on sound/legal)
Nothing big though lad

Anything else drops it. Especially engine mods.

>same lap times
>b-b-btfo

not an argument

>uses this argument for c7 vs gt-r
>ariel atom and snek have the same laptimes
>not an argument
then by your definition the tesla p100d or whatever the fuck it is and the hellcat are top tier cars and nothing can top them.

sperg more

as i thought
why add to the board with intelligence and arguments when you can just shitpost and get replies
then proceed to say how shitty the board is.
corvette sucks, never said it didnt.
c7 was a mistake.

sperg more

how are ya though mate?
ya mom any better?
>inb4 ya mum joke

yes, she was never on a bad condition tho

i mean, last week ( i think it as last week?) wasnt she on surgery?

>alphonse tells the guy to sperg more
>the guy actually spergs more

KEK

bum0 for more pushcuck assrage

yes however it was a very simple procedure

she is alright now, thanks for asking