What kind of motor oil do you use?

What kind of motor oil do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/
mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-Annual-Protection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Castrol edge high mileage in my subaru shitbox, Castrol gtx high mileage on my 305 cumarrow

Vavoline

Shitbox oil

Currently running Castrol Magnatec 5w40 because I got it really, really cheap

Prefer Mobil1 New Life 0W40

Royal purple 5W20 w/ matching filter

t. 14 Mustang GT

I use whatever's on sale for the viscosity I need.

Valvoline 5W-30 High mileage Full synthetic

muh zinc

Chlorox bleach

My man. 5W-20 here though.

Pennzoil Platinum.

Castrol Syntec Edge full synthetic 5W-40.

Redline

Ester based full synthetic. Only Oil I've tried that really quiets down the VVEL actuators in the VQ. Used to run Mobil 1.

the exact type i use in my shitbox

Valvoline Full Synthetic 5W-30

I don't really have a preference on oil. But I swear by WIX filters.

127,221 psi on ratblog bitches

This shit.

Mobil 1 0w40 full synthetic

>127,221 psi on ratblog bitches
wat

Valvoline conventional because synthetic doesn't burn that great and my rotard shitbox is thirsty.

Nice bradPenn advertisement there, subtle

>What kind of motor oil do you use?
It will always be a full synthetic oil. They don't turn black so quickly from oxidation and thermal breakdown. They also have good cleaning action although some people say that promotes oil leaks past old seals because sludge and oxidized glazed oil can plug up a leaky seal.

Amsoil masterrace

Mobil 1
That shits cheap at Costco

Motul 10w40.

Got a 96 volvo 960, calls for 15w40 and they didn't have any synthetic when I went to get more so this is what I'm using.

For my next oil change, any recommendations? I'm at about 158k miles.

Pennzoil ultra, GTL = pure base stock

This. The filter is more important. The Pureolator premiums are good too. It's the only one I've found that gets rid of cold start timing chain rap on my beater.

Castrol and Purolator filters. The bike gets Rotella T and OEM filters.

amsoil 5w30 XL and matching oil filter for my G35
Castrol semi-syn high mileage and denso filter for the TSX
Mobil super 2000 (whatever my old work has for 5w20 bulk) and OE filter for the taurus(es)

pic kinda related

This. The only reason to use high mileage oil is if the engines kinda whipped.

redline or memebil1

I prefer penzerl!

Rotella T6 and Hengst Filter

Penzoil or valvoline dinosaur oil in my truck.

Polaris brand oil in my Indian.

Rotella t6 in the Gfs ninja.

Mobil 0W-40

That's what I use

This shit because my owner's manual says so and I tell myself the zinc will keep my shitty stock BMW M30 cam from killing itself. It's getting harder to find. I might use Mobil 15w50 synthetic next time

Anything with an API rating.

Full synthetic oil and filter change at a walmart tire and oil service center is $49.99. That's a decent price. They allow a choice of different major full synthetic oil brands: castrol edge, mobile1, pennzoil platinum, valvoline

mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-Annual-Protection

540RAT's Oil Database:

Probably need to go a bit thicker.
If it wasn't this it'd be Motul

Canola oil

>falling for the expensive oil meme
Oil Jews laughing on their way to the bank

Except that enough people have shown the full synthetic oils are better at cleaning than the old school dinosaur conventional oils.

Only Castrol 0W-30 with ACEA A5/B5 rating

Whatever is cheapest when I run out.

YES. Delo master race.

Pic related every 5000 miles

Cheapest synth I can get.

Pennzoil platinum 5w30 on my Subaru. Use it in my push gas mower too.

>XP
That part worth caring about? I put Mobil 1 high mileage full synthetic in my suburban just yesterday with a wix filter but didn't bother with the XP "best for full synthetic" filter.

The difference is in the filter medium and the change interval mileage

Media not medium. Autocorrect

>not getting the XP

XD XD XD DUDE YOU REALLY NEED TO RUN THE XP XP XP XD

Kek
Wew
Man
Man oh man
Dumbass

Woah. I better change everything again today to use the right filter. Thanks bro.

Petroleum based. Seriously, every non-synthetic oil comes from the same place.

This except pic related

Pennzoil platinum synthetic in my camaro
Pennzoil conventional in my shitbox
Rotella in the r6

Why synthetic blend over conventional or full synthetic?

>those oil stains
Leave it to the chick to make a fucking mess out of an oil change

>diesel oil in motorcycle
Wtf are you doing

Its perfectly fine
Theres no friction modifiers to fuck eith the clutch.
Ive been using it for years.

Either Castrol Edge or Shell Rotella 5w-40 for my A4

>Cheapest synth I can get.
But it's those additive packages that are a big part of what makes the synthetic oils different from each other. The other big part is the selection of synthetic base stocks blended together each of which has different performance at different heat and pressure levels.

The cheapest full synthetic oil comes from the 55 gallon drums made in China. A past synthetic oil thread mentioned some place to buy it and its cost. Whether or not the chinese seller truthfully specified the oil, didn't dilute the oil with something else, or is selling virgin oil is another matter. It's certainly possible for some place to filter oil and resell it since China is known to do that even with used cooking oil.

>Oil change meme
Literally just pour a solvent like rubbing alcohol into it every few thousand miles. Fucking millennial busriders need to pay for everything.

sythetic mobil

Sup VQ bro. I've tested both redline and pennzoil platinum. Pennzoil reduced the noise just as much as redline. Save the $30-$40

I put Rotella T6 in everything because it's literally perfect oil.

Rotella T4 is a fantastic oil, no need to change.

Top Dog 15w40

$3.80/litre NZD

Generally Castrol 10W30 synthetic or syth blend.

I usually top it off every few hundred miles with gas station brand conventional.

I've filled it with 6 different brands / weights before (some syth, some not) lol, shit's fine. I've had it for 9 years and 100k miles (redlining every day + 20 hours of track time, currently @ 226,000 miles) and haven't had any seeping / leaking issues - and I do check, often.

Hmmm. Maybe next time around I'll give it a shot

Wonder if it will stand up to a track day or two this season.

I used royal purple when i first got my shitbox because i thought it was fast and then the next change i just used 26 dollar on sale NAPA synthetic oil. Only done the oil twice on the car put about 15,000km on it, have the urge to change the oil but it's not really at the mileage needed. Last change i did was at 201k~km and its at 25600 now so, would be a waste of money. Feel like a shitty owner having only changed the oil twice since owning the car for a year, i guess 3 times since the stealership i bought it from i presume changed the oil.

Just a shitbox first gen mazda 3 so it's okay, the dipstick on the 2.3l is retarded and makes it harder than it has to be to read.

The old Rotella t6 5w-40 cj-4 is gone now.

Press F to pay respect.

>Press F to pay respect.

Fuck, dawg! I burned my Flash!

Damn homie

F

Supertech in errything. Fuck if it's wet and slippery that's good enough for me.

mobil1 0w40 europeen

I look at the oil database and choose one of the tested oils. The database is regularly updated because the oil formulations change. It seems the corporations consider a regular cash flow to be important, so the "quality" can even go downwards if something increases the cost of making the oil. For example, when they had to pay for Dexos licensing on the labels, the oil PSI rating dropped for many.

Mobil 1 15w-50 full synthetic

Cheapest 10w40 from a barrel.

Additives are important. Among them is stuff to neutralize acid formation. This is rated with a Total Base Number (TBN) value.

This kind

i mainly use castrol

My gentleman of color

Motorcraft 5W30 synthetic blend + Motorcraft FL816 because it's easy to steal from work

Not my car btw just the dealer I work at

I would use redline but my shitbox pisses out too much oil for it to be worth it.

castrol mineral (non-synthetic) 20W50

How come its always either full synth, or mineral? Does no one use semi-synth? Is this an American thing?

I never really understood the point of semi-synth.