What's everyone's opinion on an e30 as a daily driver?

What's everyone's opinion on an e30 as a daily driver?

its a car. it moves. it gets 20mpg.
so, yeah it's a daily driver.

About as reliable as a Toyota +10 years and 100,000 miles.

Use a reliable Japanese car for daily driving and some two-door coupe for weekend driving

Perfect

it's good. the busriders on Veeky Forums just don't know that the e30 is more reliable than anything Japan ever produced.

im dding one right now. pretty fun. get alot of compliments on it.

Good
But it's an oldtimer so expect to be working on it sometimes

>bmw
>reliable

Not all BMWs are reliable, fair enough. The 80's straight six's are idiotically bullet proof. Paired with a getrag 260 trans you have 2 of the most indestructible drivetrain components

M42/M44/M20 all will run 300k no problem if properly maintained. Any car, no matter how greatly designed will crash and burn with an idiot operator.

Yeah if you dump a million dollars into plastic cooling system parts and suspension parts the car is more reliable than a toyota.
Fuckin kek
How do you beemer faggots sleep at night with the lies you tell yourselves.

>Not spending $200 to put in better cooling system parts
>Not buying master race Bilsteins for $600 and getting a nice set of H&Rs as well as a lifetime warranty on the shocks.

What are you stupid?

If it's with the 2 litre M20 engine, remember to do the timing belt service often. it had like a 40k service interval or something like that.
The radiator and expansion tank are also pressed together and they start to leak after the years get onto them.
The viscous coupling unit for the fan might also decide to bid its contract good bye in the middle of city driving, so you should have a spare one of those too.

All the "major" fault points are easily perventable on those cars and quite cheap to boot. Aside for those, the E30 is a really basic car with not much to go wrong with.
Might be a bit on the heavier side in terms of fuel consumption but it's not that bad.

>Spending 200$ on better plastic cooling system parts that still fail
>not buying a car that has koyo alloy radiator support or silicon hose support
>buying a car with plastic cooling system parts engineered to fail

Can we not do this , user.

Timing belts that need replacing every 40k miles are not dependable cars. They are expensive & high maintenance .
What a meme. Holy crap.

Is a timing belt really that expensive? They cost like 20 bucks over here and take a hour or so to replace.
No wonder Veeky Forums considers BMWs and German cars in general unreliable when they can't even do simple god damn maintenance.

You know what, forget it, probably better if you spend that 20 bucks on a bus pass and ride that instead, leave the BMWs to people who aren't completely retarded.

Its almost as if you never have had to fix something in your life. Occasionally things in life don't come perfect, but a little TLC can make them perfect.

>MFW you are scared of $200 to fix a rather minor problem. $800 total if you include the "suspension" which typically lasts 150k-200k depending on the driver. Aka the average life of suspension.

THIS
H
I
S

German cars are reliable if you have lots of money to spend and are absolutely autistic about maintenance. And don't even think about buying aftermarket knockoff parts. It has to be German-made

I dunno man, I've been servicing my old E34 530 with the V8 with whatever I can find or bother to find. Basically it's running on leftovers and looks like it too, got 350k on the clock and runs just fine. Got the car for 300 bucks and spent 200 bucks thus far in terms of maintenance on it.

I have rebuilt multiple engines for my cars , trucks and motorcycles.
Just stfu now you bench racing samefag.
Nobody is falling for your nonsense.

My toyota t belt last 90,000 miles and is easy as fuck to replace.
See the difference now, you massive cuck?

And I never replaced the belt on my old M20 powered 520 because I was lazy, would'be probably been a 30 minute job with all the tensioners and shit replaced too, but I couldn't be bothered. On top of that I had RWD, air conditioning, electric sunroof, electric and heated leather seats and cruise control.

See the difference now, you massive cuck?

>probably would have been a 30 minute job

Yeah the difference is that you're mentally deficient & i actually work on my car and know what im talking about.

Okay sure you have. If you have you wouldnt be complaining about a $200 fix. Not a $200 repair, that will break again, but a $200 fix. Its like you have never made more than minimum wage in your life you basement dweller.

The only work you do on your car is probably apply cringeworthy osg shit on it and take it to the nearest autozone to get your black ice trees replaced.

A timing belt job shouldn't take more than a hour if you know what you're doing, which you obviously don't.

Funny how the only thing that moves in a toyota owners head is "cuck"

the the m50/52 you retard
e30 has m20

>a timing belt should take an hour

Timing belts take different times depending on the model of car.
Anyone who is smart enough to use jack stands knows that.
Thats why auto repair shops charge by the job and they have online computer programs like ALLDATA that provide time quotes for the specific job.
It sounds like its time for your mommy to setup the parental controls on the family computer you little faggot desk racer.
Go play forza with the other prepubescents.

Wow you actually finally made a comment that is somewhat fucking decent and accurate. How long did you spend on google to figure that out?

Regardless timing belts should never take more than an hour, unless you are full autist or unless the car (maybe 10 in total of all cars ever) are retarded and you habe to spend time preping everything to get to the belt.

Dude your soooooooo fucking retarded if i could shoot you in the face i would.
Youre one hour timing belt quota would get your skull caved in by a breaker bar if you were a service writer or foreman at a repair shop.
KYS MASSIVE FAGGOT.

Please tell me where you take your cars so I don't have to take mine there, ever.
Aside for the 5 pot Volvos and some fucked retarded Audi designs, a timing belt service shouldn't take more than a hour.
You're running out of your good boy points here by being a stupid fuck online, looks like there's no tendies for you tonight.

Definitely a liberal crybaby. I bet you think gun ownership is bad too. Yet you make threats about killing people. Fucking hypocritical fuck. Guess what, a lot of my time quotes are done 4-5 hours earlier than what the book says. The book doesnt say "it will take this long exactly" its saying "this is how many hours you should charge in labor." 7/10 times the book time is much longer than the actual time.

Its clear again, that you have never actually worked on a car ever in your life. Have fun with your "google smarts"

Are you really stupid enough to assume we're in the same local area let alone the same state or probably even country.
Thats really fucking dumb, user.

I fucking hope not, event the notion of living on a planet with retards like you ruins my day.

33% of all cars are in California. Theres a 1/3 chance (not really) you are within a 1 hour flight of anyone on this board. What are you? Retarded?

So what your saying is that when you need to get your car serviced youre concerned about taking a 1 hour flight and incredibly statistically low odds that your going to end up at the same shop that some one who is decimating you over the internet.
You have better odds of getting struck by lightning while getting attacked by a great white shark, you pathetic fucking dumbass.
Are you starting to see the magnitude of your pure autismic faggotry?

Lets see. I have met 10 different Veeky Forumstists in the area near me and at local car meets. Its definitely plausible your dumbass lives in close proximity to the rest of us, you fucking NAPA.

Yeah i bet all of Veeky Forums is in california and goes to the same shop.

Yeah im the fucking idiot.

Common Veeky Forumstist misconceptions.

The internet is actually in california.
The server is in the storeroom of an auto repair shop that everyone on Veeky Forums frequents for car repair.

Taking that as if Im saying its about as often as your mom getting banged by random black dudes that aint your father.

Im saying theres a probability. Its happened before. Fucking retard, turn your god damned brain on.

Not saying we are all in califonia. But there is a very high probaility one of us on here is within spiting distance of him, which would be best if he told us where that is so we can never go to that area of the world ever.

No he's right. Buy the corolla, it'll last forever and totally be better than a rwd manual car

Inb4 riced 86

Its happened before where you have met anonymously un-named people at a car repair shop.
Do realize how paranoid and autistic you sound right now!??
Theres probably medication for that.

Is "turning your brain on" a phrase that paranoid autists use among eachother?

Oh idk, its not like Anonymous people post pictures of their anonymous cars with anonymous license plates and anonymous decal sets or vinyl wraps or stickers. Yup everyone here in an user, and no one ever tripfags ever.

God damn you are an idiot.

Youre really grasping here now, user.
Its pretty sad actually, can you stop please.

Also what is socializing. What is asking if they browse any online car forums. Maybe if you got out of your basement more often, you would see that this big bad scarry world has some really small world moments where you meet people who you tend to know through more ways than just IRL. Fucking autist

The timing belt is 60k or 4 years.
Exact same as old toyotas.. i swear Veeky Forums is so fucking stupid.

Grasping at what? Reality? Like I have said, I have met quite a few members on Veeky Forums irl. The probabilities use to be high, but now that a lot of the otists are basement dwellers such as yourself, its unlikely for me to keep meeting more.

If i ever was unfortunate enough to some how meet you I would punch you in the face and choke you out. Youre probably a manlet; shouldnt be very hard.

TLDR for all my bullshit

OP get an E30, fun and easy to wrench on, enough parts cars laying around to get cheap parts off of, new parts are relatively inexpensive. They kick ass are fun to drive and are only going up in value. Treat her well and shell do the same for you.

6'3. But try again... Have a good night you bastard.

Wow 6'3" and 300 pounds of unmentioned blubber.
You outta shape turd.
If you werent a land whale you would have stated your weight too.
You dont want to fuck with me, fatty i wont call 911 when you have a heart attack.

160 pounds. Actually underweight for my size. Although I have been gaining a lot more lately. Think my metabolism has finally slowed down

>My metabolism has slowed down

KYS OLDFAG.

Lol. 0/3 wanna try again?

OH NO :(
Boomers
No wonder youre trying to ruin everything and talking about bringing your car to shops for repair.

So you just come off as an autistic fat old manlet.

Good job i guess.