99 Lincoln Town Car

>120k miles
>Seller wants 1700
>Straight body, clean title

What can I expect from this car \o\? Thinking of doing Uber as a side job, if I do get it. Only problem is that the heater doesn't work. Will get fixed, if it doesn't cost a lot.

>1999 car
>Uber

see

Expect lazy, land barge-ish driving. Not that that's bad and I assume you expect it, I had a 90s crown vic and it was low maintenance and a good road trip car for the boys right out of HS.

Town Car would make a good uber vehicle, and they don't have many problems that I've heard of, least I never got any with my 97 Crown Vic, granted I only had it for a year or two and traded it in.

Oh also expect to give off old person vibes.

Execucar or transstyle still use crown vics and town cars but they aren't as flexible or "with the times" as uber or lyft are

Oh never mind you can't uber with the thing apparently. Didn't know that, well if uber was your end game avoid it I guess. Or look for a newer one.

Christ dude are you seriously stupid enough not to research Uber's requirements before buying a car? Please don't buy ANY car, you'd be a menace.

Just get a P7B ....town cars are the worst version to get because the air suspension is a piece of garbage to maintain

There's a 00 Crown Vic selling for 2399 OBO, around my area. Has 83,400 miles. Clean title and straight. Wot do??

You don't want one unless it is 2003 or newer. 04 and up would be ideal

You realize Uber not only has an age requirement, but also sometimes specifically excludes certain vehicles such as Crown Victorias and other Panther bodies?

>What can I expect from this car \o\?
It's a big barge with couch seats, air suspension that's probably about 30k miles from going bad, and all the usual things you'd expect from a barge- lazy steering with no sense of feedback, body roll galore, and a fucking gigantic body with huge front and rear overhangs that will make parking a pain if you're not used to it. If that's your thing, go for it, they'll run almost forever but being that it's a pre-2003 model, you WILL have to replace the intake manifold at some point if it hasn't already been done. Ford made them out of horrible shitty plastic that reliably splits right apart at the front coolant passage due to stress from the alternator, and the rear heater hose is a known problem area as well.

>Only problem is that the heater doesn't work. Will get fixed, if it doesn't cost a lot.
If it's the heater core, it requires tearing the whole dashboard out.

Town Cars have shoddy air ride but at least they're not a beat to shit Interceptor with 150,000 miles of idle time and another 50,000 of redline and a roof full of holes, an interior full of wires and a seat full of donut-farts.

The best answer is to get a Grand Marquis.

Because every P71 gets treated how you treat your mom's sunfire. There are plenty of nice ones for sale you just have to be willing to pay more for one that isn't a total pile of shit.

What's are some issues before 03?

Oh please. A couple of $100 air springs that are easier to install than coils every 5 years and they're no problem.

Worst case is you keep beating on it like some broke-ass nigger and you have to spend another couple hundred on a compressor that you burned up from neglect.

They redesigned the suspension and some other major components in 03. There wasn't really any major issues before 03 but there is a noticeable difference with how they handle. Also rust is going to be an issue at that age as well.

Intake manifolds, primarily, but 2003 was the first time the platform had a major update in quite literally decades and so 03 onwards cars have just better road handling and manners all around due to the various suspension upgrades. A couple years later, 2005 also brought more changes like the switch to drive-by-wire instead of a physical throttle.

There's no 03 and up for sale around here, but is the asking price pretty fair? Assuming everything is in working order and has no big issues

Get a Lexus LS400 / LS430

I mean 1500-2000 is probably fair but I'd imagine it has a ton of idle time and the interior is probably trash at that price. I wouldn't ever buy one if it was used as a transport vehicle so if it had a divider in it fuck that. Usually the vinyl or plastic rear seats are a dead give away as well.

This is literally the thought process that lead me to getting a grand marquis. OP should keep in mind that some Grand Marquis have air suspension too, I think the LS trim.

It's a per-car option; the LS comes with a bunch of goodies like leather and power seats as standard compared to the GS, but air ride was still a separate tick box on the build sheet.

IIRC it's only standard on the one or two-year only super ultra deluxe models like the LSE and LS Ultimate.

Offered 2000, seller said nope

>04 Grand Marq
>102k miles
>$3250
>Clean title and straight

Wot do?

>wanting a botnet car

Hey, I'm just stating the facts. I'm not a huge fan of drive by wire myself, although that might be because most cars I've driven with it have fucking awful throttle response compared to an actual cable to the point where in some of them, you can stab the pedal, take your foot off, and the engine will rev after your foot is completely off the pedal.