/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #712 - Alcoholic Sonic Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LD26WGhm2UE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk
youtu.be/JVKFRxgwSWE
youtu.be/Y1XOpPoh0K8
sonicstadium.org/2017/03/archie-sonic-comic-update-sega-and-archie-talking-missing-solicits-again-sonic-mega-drive-overdrive-worry/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SLOW

FAST

youtube.com/watch?v=LD26WGhm2UE

FAST

>classic Sonic means time travel
>robots are more sinister and generic white with red eyes
>is straight up destroying towns
>written by Iizuka, who was in charge of Rivals

Main villain of Forces will be Eggman Nega.

So this exists.

I want sonic to despair in forces!

>06
>Rush&Rivals subseries
>Secret Rings
>Riders subseries (1-2)
>Unleashed
>Black Knight
>Free Riders
>Colors
>Generations

>Lost World
>Forces

If the plots of these games were written in like a book or comic book or... something, does the narrative flow well?

>feral Tikal

>Rush and Rivals
Considering SEGA mandated that the comics can't use Nega for whatever reason, I'll guess no.

Oh my.

Cream & Tikal are both pacifists linked to Chao, Cream & Sticks are both Amy's best friend, Tikal & Sticks...uh...are both..... orange?

The middle fusion looks like that Milla creature from Freedom planet.

Rivals 2 implied Nega died, seeing as Silver and Espio left him for dead trapped and stuck in an alt universe.

I feel like them not showing him in a main game since implied his ass is really dead now.

Well shit, I only played the first Rivals.

It could easily be handwaved 'he got out somehow.' I expect it, if only because Iizuka.

>you will never lead a life full of freedom and adventure like Sonic

Tikal and Sticks are both into nature

Why did Sonic get his ass kicked so much in this movie? wtf Metal/Mecha Sonic is a pushover in the games and the comics but here he's clearly the superior version of Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk

Does anyone else think that eggmans evil forces are basically going to be the sonic version of organization 13?

Why is Sonic so popular with black folks?

No

The music and 'tude I guess?

The real question is why does he have so many female fans?

Probably the same reason why cuckoldry is so popular with white folks. Who knows.

I blame Tails.

That's an odd comparison.

Do you really need an answer for that user?

>cute anthro characters
>strong female characters
>shipping
>platformer

If you can somehow imply that Blaze ended up living a different life in a different dimension after the events of 06, sure.

I'd honestly make Secret Rings take place before all the boost games, since Sonic gets speed break in Secret Rings and its kind of like a pseudo boost.

Both Rush games being before both Rivals games works, Nega came to the past and made it seem like he was Eggman's counterpart to help him win. After failing twice he gives up on that, steals from the future and pretends to be Eggman himself, to get Eggman to win on his own.

Colors is its own stand alone story, but the DS version had Sonic encounter his friends, and you meet Silver and Blaze, who in turn meet each other and become friends, even having deja vu of being partners.

Chronicles, Unleashed and Black Knight work well together going back to back, seeing as Chronicles' ending works really well into leading too the opening of Unleashed. They also work with Sonic's relationship with Amy, Chronicles you can have Sonic be nicer to her, Unleashed you have the option to tell Amy you'll go on a date with her, and Black Knight is the story of why Sonic misses his date with Amy.

They all work in their own weird way, due to tiny nods.

Sonadow of course

I would want to see that too

>woman are furries
As a Bkazefag, I guess.

I'm serious though sonic has his friends as his forces so what if eggman got a bunch of anthros to be his forces of evil? What if the new character is a part of eggmans army?

Not really. Furries are more about the lifestyle and the fetish. Girls just like cute animals.

Not to mention the Sonic series has some pretty cutesy themes like friendship and teamwork combined with kid-friendly dramatic stuff and all that Kingdom Hearts shit.

Kid, go somewhere else. Please.

>I'm serious though

And I'm concerned for you. He's going to have robots.

I would be down for this

I don't read the comics faggot.

Classic storytelling/showing how much a threat he is.

>Furries are more about the lifestyle and the fetish.
>implying girls don't get into that shit as well

post Sticks

user, I'm gonna need you to get more Sticks pics. You've worn that one out.

>tfw your sister called blaze a trick

That's the only sexy Sticks pic you will ever find.

Also I'm not the one who posted it this time.

If he was really dead now, I don't think they'd include him in the Mario and Sonic series and have him in the Sonic Channel comics that were made last year, especially as Japan wouldn't have access to this information without looking at overseas sources (the future descendent thing is stated in his official Sonic Channel bio, so they have that info).

I don't think there are as many female fans as some say.

>Rivals 2 implied Nega died, seeing as Silver and Espio left him for dead trapped and stuck in an alt universe.
Silver don't fuck around. Guaranteed Sonic would've foolishly saved Eggman were it those two in that situation

You're not trying hard enough.

There was apparently a poll.

>uses a weeaboo image board
>not a fag
A-user, I...

What does that mean?

I didn't vote in that poll and I don't think you did either.

I didn't know there was one, so you have a point.

Did anyone finish the fusion chart with Fiona and Gold on it or the original pic?

How much is a ring in Sonic worth?

There's certainly a lot of them to go around.

In regards to "BOOST" and Sonic's speed development, the way I would do it, is have it start in '06. The Mach Speed sections and the Blue Sol Emerald Custom Gem being like the precursor to Sonic's Boost-centric style of movement and ability and such. Then after the '06 time reset, Sonic's growth kinda-sorta remains unchanged. In both the Rush and Rivals series, Sonic's taking it further by, in the Rush series, really starting out his developing/learning/practicing of the Sonic Boost, and in the Rivals series, his 'Sonic Boom' technique that pretty much works like a temporary Sonic Boost, with him breaking the Sound Barrier, and then in Secret Rings he develops it more and more, until finally, at the time of the World Adventure, Sonic is finally "UNLEASHED" and he takes on a brand new way of moving and using his speed altogether, and learning to use Ring Energy as an endless quick fuel source for constant boosting.

Due to inflation not much.

Shut the fuck up, sparky

It basically means prositute

How much do you think pic related took from Sonic?

>protagonist wears blue and is mute
>sidekick is yellow-orange and is a wisecracking jackass, like Sonic
>story involves an evil mad scientist and the final boss is a giant robot
>Jak turns "super" at the last second
>blue eco makes you fast
>red eco makes you strong
>environments have ring-like objects and springs
>locales are filled with ancient ruins and such
>slowly goes from nature to technological locations

Too bad it's a shit game from a shit developer

>He actually thinks Jak is a good game

>implying you're not samefagging
>implying you're not trolling

But Rouge.

user what are you doing?

>Having a different opinion is trolling

>"Jak is shit"
>posts in Sonic The Hedgehog general

You have no right to judge anyone's tastes in 3D platformers.

Even 06 is better than jak

*...or have the original pic?

I've found myself between two different schools of thought in regards to how I really think Sonic's Gameplay should be, and how Sonic would really move in general.

On one side, it's the Sonic Boost and Air Boost, Quick Step, Sonic Drift, the standard Homing Attack and Jump Dash, Sliding, Stomping, Wall Jumping, and the Lightspeed Dash, etc. tailored specifically for Unleashing Sonic the Hedgehog and truly moving at supersonic speeds freely with nothing holding you back.

On the other side, it's the Spin Dash and the Super Peelout, the Elemental Shield abilities made natural skills with the Bounce, Mid-Air Dash, and Double Jump, along with a "Focused" Homing Attack that allows you to charge up and take out multiple enemies at once, Flying Kick and Somersault Kick, Lightspeed Dash and Lightspeed Attack, and most importantly, full-blown Parkour that allows you to run through the zones just like how Sonic did in the CD Opening and stuff, being able to run freely along and across walls and leap vast distances between them, and stuff like that.

But what I really want to know is

How can these two differing approaches to Sonic's Speed/Gameplay be unified into one super gameplay style, without losing the best of either?

Stop advertising your shitty game.

Tl;dr, how do you combine blasting through with Sonic Speed, with rolling around at the speed of sound like a sonic spinball?

youtu.be/JVKFRxgwSWE
youtu.be/Y1XOpPoh0K8

These two videos have vastly different approaches on how to handle Sonic in 3D and I think both are valid. One wants to have a momentum-based linear 3D platformer designed for exploration and atmosphere, the other wants a racing-style Sonic in closed off levels and tracks designed for speedrunning.

I'm really torn.

Open world. Not even memeing. You want to merge all of Sonic's movement styles together, give him a massive fuck-off world to run around in. You can have wide open areas for him to boost fast in, you can have tall hills to roll down, you can have plenty of 3D space to use to create obstacles. Player can pick and choose which areas they want to favor, and letting it blend seemlessly gives the player infinite possibilities when it comes to doing shit.

The reason why open world sucks in RPGs is because just running around in open space is fucking boring with nothing else to do, but running around is the point to a Sonic game so it just means more gameplay. You don't even need massive amounts of detailed level design because just haphazardly tossing shit around works just fine for Sonic.

>being dumb enough to think that simple user made that detailed game

Which is better, Bouncing or Stomping? Or, alternatively, how could they work together alongside each other?

With the Boost and Spin Dash, I already have a general idea. Have the Spin Dash charge up light like in Sonic Adventure, and so it slowly builds up the Boost guage, and that way you can have both the Spin Dash and the Boost.

Actually, now that I think about it, it could be like, the Boost Gauge is completely empty and you're using the Spin Dash to fill it. But you can't use the Boost until you COMPLETELY fill the Guage, and then after you use it like you normally would, with the Ring Energy and all that.

>Which is better, Bouncing or Stomping?
Bouncing because it compliments physics while stomping removes all momentum.

>Or, alternatively, how could they work together alongside each other?
Exactly what I said. Stomping should ideally be a beginner move used to halt momentum when the player feels overwhelmed, but used sparingly by more skilled players. Bouncing should be the opposite, abused by skilled players to take advantage of the physics.

The comic's dead isn't it?

Archie & SEGA are talking. That's all we know.

And I screwed up the link

>

Bottom line: Champions graphic novel and Overdrive are canceled, next issue is pushed back.

The threads on /co/. Here's a link to the article:
sonicstadium.org/2017/03/archie-sonic-comic-update-sega-and-archie-talking-missing-solicits-again-sonic-mega-drive-overdrive-worry/

>The final major update is a bit of a worrying one for those following the Mega Drive series. The order form for April 2017 has been uploaded onto PreviewsWorld. It shows that Sonic the Hedgehog #293, currently listed as coming out March 22nd on information pages, is to be resolicited. Two Sonic products are listed as being cancelled by the publisher; Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 5 (the graphic novel collection of all the issues that made up the Champions arc), and Sonic Mega Drive: Overdrive #1. The latter issue was the final part to the highly acclaimed series of one shots that comprised the Mega Drive arc, so if it is truly cancelled it’ll be a blow to those who wanted to see the story concluded.

But the thing about the Stomp is that it fits perfectly with the Boost gameplay. Like, when you're in the air moving at supersonic speeds, you can use the Stomp to stop and ground yourself before blasting off again.

Says the faggot who has never amounted to anything in this community.

Shadowfag here. Make me say something funny in Shadow's voice.

please don't

Or actually anything really. Doesn't have to be funny.

y tho :(((

"The Sonic Community" reads the same as "The Black Community" and "The Gay Community" to me.

As in, "it's just something they have in common, it isn't some kind of cult, you moron."

Have him confess his love to Sonic.

Too late.

>are you trying to antagonize me?

Call Sonic a rat.

I may have depression. Please post cute.

The Sonic Community!?

Sorry to hear that, man. Have some Amy.