>automatic transmission

STORY OF MY LIFE

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6131592139.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/6121838156.html
youtu.be/EspapkS3X2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's a reason it's $1800.

Because the previous owner took great care of his vehicle, realized it was a quaint little car, and preserved it only to pass it off to the next lucky soul that came across it for a meager price?

Sounds about right.

Yeah, the autotragic gearbox. I checked out a 83 Corolla with 250k miles few months ago, it sold for $2700 within a day

Honestly while it's autotragic I'd still be tempted just to get it just because it's a third gen in that shape.

Shame though really.

That's what I was saying?

>buy car for $1500
>buy w58 for $700
>have a fun summer project
>profit???

Just swap in a manual transmission and a clutch pedal assembly you useless fuck.

Couldn't resist and called the owner. They say the rock bottom price is $1600. I'm unironically considering buying it and taking really good care of it until the trans starts slipping. Then swap in something more fun and help my dad deliver tofu or something

Just get it. It's $1600 dollars.

Yea OP it's that fukn ez

Also, I think it's the GT even though the owner is useless and can't make an ad to save his life.

get it dude. swapping the trans would be a fun project desu

It's an 80's Toyota with little signs of Rust,
For $1600
Do it faggot.

Dewit.

Looks like it may be, looks like a GT badge in one pic at least.

That said, at that shitty angle it could just as easily say ST, but even then, do it.

I know that feel bro. I saw a pretty mint 940 turbo on my Craigslist. Did some research and they were all auto.

Update: I'll be checking it out tomorrow afternoon. As long as there's no cancer rust I'm planning to buy it. What do, Veeky Forums? Keep the 22re and swap in a manual gearbox, or put in a smaller higher-revving engine?

bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/6121838156.html
I want it so bad...just don't have time or a garage to work on it right now

Only if you're actually capable. I'd hate to see something so clean end up half torn apart and abandoned.

If you have the dosh, go with a 3sge. But if you are on a budget, the 22re is just fine. What's nice about it is that they are rock solid reliable, and if the worst happens, the motor is super easy to rebuild.

at least its not
>paint is in good condition
>florida
pick one

>looks fuckin mint
I'm looking for a car, and I swear to god I would buy that shit if it wasn't over a thousand miles away.

The transmission will be utter shit though if it's anything like other autos from that era. They very much still had the "look ma no hands" factor and weren't actually required to be shit. It's gonna shift early or late, and it's gonna shift slow.

It won't be 1600 for a mint fucking WHITE CELICA bad though.

White was always the best color for Toyotas

>to be shit
*to be not shit

drop a 3sgte

>STORY OF MY LIFE
ALL MUH LOIFE

youtu.be/EspapkS3X2M

>low mileage
>nearly a milly miles on the clock