Who do you think was smarter Jesus or The Buddha?

Who do you think was smarter Jesus or The Buddha?

Strictly in terms of not letting himself be crucified to death, I mean.

>knows meat is poisoned, and is a vegetarian.
>eats it anyways.

Buddha I guess. But would you want to live with black israelites?

Jesus had a deeper understanding of human nature and of religion. What he did was a true revelation, of a truth hidden under hundreds of thousands of years worth of myth. And Christian philosophy embraces the individual, and individual responsibility.

Buddhism on the other hand seeks to deny human nature and destroy the individual. While it's similar in practice, it's far more shallow than Christianity.

jesus was just a swell dude. the buddha i think definitely got much deeper into the concept of reincarnation and the cycle of suffering, after all it is said he reached enlightenment

Its actually far more true and absolute

>

Mani was better than both. He took the best elements from Jesus, Buddha, AND Zarathustra. His life was far more interesting too.

>just luv ur neighbors yall
literal hippie shit of the roman empire

And yet no-one follows him today.

Lel, is this true? What a fucking idiot.

What does that have to do with it? People are fucking stupid.

>is offered meat
>cannot deny it because it was an offering
vegetarianism in buddhism means you can't seek out meat, not that you can't eat it.

>not even understanding your own civilisation's religion while fapping to weeb philosophy

>Jebus
Jewish Pleb
>Buddha
Born into the Kshatriya elite class. Literally nobility.

One wonders.

The tragic of jesus death was a major reason for the popularity of christianity. He probably wanted to go like John the Baptist

OG balla comin through

I do understand it, apparently you don't

LOWEST
COMMON
DENOMINATOR

>MacDonalds is the best food
>After all its eaten by more people than any other brand!

>Why do humans suffer?
Buddha: endless unchecked and unfulfilling desires
Jesus: because you disobeyed God, aka me

>How to fix suffering?
Buddha: be mindful of your own action/thoughts
Jesus: pray to God, me, for salvation

One person finds solution for humans within humanity, other one finds solution in some higher being.

The smarter is Jesus because that means he can say all sorts of things about things and attribute it to something else. The wiser is Buddha because the answer we need is simply to look at your self instead.

I was a cringey fedora too when I was 13, and before I started actually learning what Christianity is about.

>Why do humans suffer?
Jesus: because we're trapped in a cycle of violence since the dawn of mankind, and the false religions tell us violence comes from the gods when it really comes from us, we are responsible of our own suffering and no one else
Buddha: because we want stuff

>How to fix suffering?
Jesus: unilaterally renounce violence, only that can break the cycle and make the truth apparent to others
Buddha: figuratively kill yourself

So basically Jesus is 1984 and Buddha is Brave New World

Ridiculous post.

In Buddhism you can become a stone Buddha if you want, when Christ taught that the one who does nothing with his talents but bury them in the ground is a wicked and selfish servant.

Now I don't remember if it's Taoism or Buddhism that play with the gong and attempt lose themselves in the sound waves to discover an aspect of reality...

Now the apostle Paul taught (which everything he learned from Christ and Holy Spirit) that he can speak with the tongue of men or of angels, but if he has no Love, he is no more than a resounding gong or clanging cymbal.
(1 Corinthians 13)

Meaning that without speaking or acting in love, your words and actions are nothing but pointless noise. Which points out that the gong is a pointless noise, that Love, not "nothingness", should be the point of focus. Now this is a real general and probably lacking description and intent of the Buddhist gong, but these two separate perspectives on the gong was worth remembering for me personally.

There's probably more philosophical differences to examine, but Christ taught and commanded love and offering a helping hand, when in Buddhism, I've heard of everything from Buddhist Capitalist's to Buddhists who isolate themselves, which are those stone Buddha's I mentioned above. As opposed to Christ who taught that doing nothing to help your brother is considered wickedness.

I don't think I see the parallel.

Also worth noting that this isn't a competition to see who was or is better. It's not about that.

It's also worth noting that both taught about detachment from the world.

Solomon used vanity, which means "meaningless", to describe everything we do in a world where death is a thing. It's all meaningless because of death, so ultimately fear God in everything you do. God being the very author of righteousness and love, since man didn't create love, as man can only choose love; Love being a doorway and path that was already built/paved for man to utilize, which is yet another one of God's creations, as God created everything.

Now Buddha emphasized emptiness/nothingness in various ways, not sure if there's a connection there between Solomon's meaningless and Buddha's emptiness, as I never got past a certain point in Buddhism, but emptiness sounds more about and in reference to the self, when Solomon's meaningless references everything we do.

But yeah, Buddha pretty much reverse engineered the emotions and their points of friction and meticulously discovered that attachments is what causes suffering. Christ was born with both knowledge and wisdom and commanded that man come out of the world/whore babylon/idols/the world of covetousness. There are some common denominators in these two insights though.

Also if any Christian has a problem with this, it's also worth noting that Paul quoted greek poets I think a couple times, when in the event, the greek poets were correct regarding evil things. You can double check this to verify.

>the emotions and their points of friction and meticulously discovered that attachments is what causes suffering.
it is attachment to things that fade, and turns out that whatever you feel, it fades. also, this teaching matters only if you wonder why there is and no longer bear the disappointments in life. this is why this teaching is shitty for most normies, normies love to suffer and the most retarded normies even claim that there is value in suffering, like in working hard for years, in order to achieve some goals where you will be pleased physically and mentally.

Yet one more thing...

I have a feeling Buddha had no intent on becoming an idol. The word of God specifically points out that gods made of stone and precious metals can't speak back, they can't rescue people, they are idle and worthless, that their creators forget the wood and rock these idols are made from are no more than exactly that, trees and rocks that do not speak.

Now I don't remember where I saw this but it was on TV, can't remember what I was watching though. But I saw Buddhist men and young men, in poverty, begging for food from locals and tourists, while praying to a Buddha statue for insight and wisdom. I'm assuming they never got their answers and were therefore in poverty in not only their food but in their asking of knowledge and wisdom.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.
2 Thessalonians 3:7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,
2 Thessalonians 3:8 nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
2 Thessalonians 3:11 We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies.

The entire word of God addresses the reality of life on earth. The toil one must partake just to eat, that evil is what cripples man, therefore assist the crippled man if you are not crippled by evil yourself. Be a giving charitable brother to your brother.

I'm not saying these particular Buddhist were bad people, but they were praying to a statue that can't answer back, when the living God, creator of everything and His son Jesus Christ equip man for every snare and evil stumbling block.

This is worth further discussing but I just typed out a whole other observation.

But yeah, regarding the toiling of life, some of it is necessary, it's part of the curse that we must feed ourselves to survive. And the achievement of goals is meaningless and worth further examination by people. But all in all, there's a thick fog, a veil, the darkness that prevents people from seeing far enough ahead, or from seeing from great heights to understand these things. That darkness prevents the more visible perspective.

The very blackness that's in space, that you see when the sun's light yields, that darkness, that substance, it's still right in front of us at all times. I'm going to go out on a limb and at the risk of sounding vague...but in science I think it's what they call dark matter, right? Now imho this stuff is the very prison for the non believer, for men in general. It's the very dark boundary of 3 dimensional reality. It's worth examining, praying, meditating about imho.

>not being able to decipher the meaning of that action
>hagiography

Jesus was smarter because I'm a Christian

Jewish carpenter nobody vs Indian prince given the best education money and status could buy.

No contest.

Both have the same intellect. They aren't seperate

>implying that I'm western scum

here is the difference today
-buddhism appeals to old white women and their beta husbands
-Christianity appeals to retarded 20 yo white betas

buddhism: your own desires control you
christianity: you sinned against god, therefore he will punish you

***BUZZ* Incorrect

Christianity also teaches your desires cause you suffering, it is common sense when Christ tells us of the world, and to release our attachment to it, transliterated is the same thing Buddha teaches us.

*tips fedora*

Read this:

Why aren't you happy with buddhism? Why do you seek to conflate two mutually exclusive teachings?

Jesus is God.

God is smarter than all men collectively.

This is not a close call. Buddha couldn't figure out how to dodge eternal fire and brimstone.

>talents

Talents means a large sum of money, not your skill set. The parable is set in the tribulation, when men have to actively procure and maintain their own salvation, not having the blessing of the indwelling Holy Spirit in them for eternal salvation.

They are the same Christ and Buddha. They both are teaching the same things to different people, and the conditions that are different is because of the groups of people they are sent to. Both teachings together create higher understanding of the teachings of the other.

Instead of be dual, Christian or Buddhist, you can reverse the "choose one or else everyone thinks your a heretic" mentality and benefit highly from both.

>Jesus: unilaterally renounce violence, only that can break the cycle and make the truth apparent to others

And thankfully, Christians delicately follow his advice

Jesus said "I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man comes to the Father but by Me."

Can you show me where Buddha came to Jesus and became one of Jesus' followers?

It's a false teaching of a false Jesus, and your example of Christians is Catholics.

You're new here, huh.

And I'm going to guess that by 'false', you mean 'something I disagree with'

I mean that nowhere in the bible does Jesus denounce violence. In fact, the bible gives soldiers rules to live by; don't bear false witness and be happy with your paycheck.

You don't give soldiers advice on how to remain soldiers if you are anti-violence.

No, when Jesus says "vengeance is mine", He means that He can exact vengeance infinitely better than we can, and that our hands are too dirty to press our own cases.

Buddha is 500 years before Christ. It is one thing to be spiritual and another thing to be rational, so being spiritual and rational is very important.

You don't need to use John 14:6 to make Buddha seem lesser than he truly is.

Buddha does mention the Middle Way, as Christ mentions the narrow way, and that the Way is the way to end suffering.

Then why are you not on the battlefield? If the Bible is okay about violence, why aren't you in Syria right now, helping your Christian brothers out?

Could it be that you only give a fuck about the Bible when it benefits you?

Every way the Buddha taught is on the broad road that leads to destruction.

Men lived 4000 years before Jesus and still figured out how to get into heaven.

Buddha said some things, died, and stayed dead. Feel free to follow Him.

This is the battlefield. My days in the Corps are over.

Any other questions?

not that guy but that's a pretty dumb idea. It's like wanting every single kid in the world to become a plumber, instead of following their own path.

>My days in the Corps are over.

I wonder what God would think of that

Why not ask Him?

Why don't you? You're the Christian here

>Every way the Buddha taught is on the broad road that leads to destruction.
That is your personal bias, and a common Christian misconception, making Christians look ignorant.

>Men lived 4000 years before Jesus and still figured out how to get into heaven.
Buddha is also in Heaven "no he's not he's a sinner my church told me he is in hell"

>Buddha said some things, died, and stayed dead. Feel free to follow Him.
Buddha knew the same eternal life that Christ did and together in heaven they teach the world the final teaching of truth.

I know how He feels about it, because He was with me every step of the way.

I wish you could sue the people who have so deluded you.

I do everyday on Veeky Forums. The people who attempt to delude me are "I wish you could see those who deluded you" but I mean shit dude, I used to also go online and preach "sinner u don't even know Jesus" when actually, I didn't know Christ or God.

>He thinks he can know the feeling of a being that is incomprehensible

Early martyrs did. But the Catholic Church is an institution and Western Christendom built a civilisation, those things by definition require violence, so they clearly went against the Gospel. However the Gospel did have a huge effect in moderating violence, it just wasn't as radical and immediate as Jesus called for.

I thought is said see not sue - so that is what happens when you skim through and "read" something and respond which I image many other Christians do too... saying a whole lot but not actually doing anything to pay attention to what the other person says

At least you preached what you knew. You didn't know Jesus, and you preached that you didn't know Jesus. And you still don't.

But this Jesus = Buddha nonsense has no backing by anyone or anything.

God is incomprehensible to His enemies, not to His children.

No, it is called intolerance and ignorance and Christ does not teach that. His name is not Jesus there is no J in Hebrew, also, I do know Christ but not in fulness and it is obvious no one knows Him in fulness and that is okay.

Buddha and Christ is backed by Living Buddha Living Christ, and when you apply the teachings rather than say them on the internet no you will come to your own conclusions about how they are not that different at all.

More than just a book, many practitioners call upon Christ and Buddha, that is a reality even if mainstream Christians and mainstream Buddhist do not agree

And how do you know you're not among his enemies?

If Christianity ALSO teaches desires cause suffering, then why does Christians need God to save them from the suffering?

Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew, if you are really becoming that picky) is God and created the universe.

Buddha was a spoiled brat, died, stayed dead, and went to hell.

Follow whoever you want to be with.

>Jesus
Be a good cuck, turn the other cheek, submit and you'll be rewarded in the other lfie
>Buddha
Abandon the wordly matters and cultivate yourself to attain nirvana, life is suffering and its an illusion that you should abandon.

Buddha is far better

Because I know Him, and love Him, and know what He is doing.

Because I have seen what He can do.

Christianity teaches that suffering entered the world when Adam sinned. And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross.

Nothing to do with desire.

>And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross

Loads of people were crucified under the Romans.

>And nobody, not even the entire collective of humanity, suffered more than Jesus did on that cross
but many people were crucified, and I'm pretty sure that hell for eternity is worse than hell for 3 days

Appearing on toast and shit is pretty cool.

Thanks for clarification.

Now how did Jesus Suffer more on the cross than everyone who's ever been tortured and then killed? It says Jesus was crucified and died in 9 hours on quick google search. Is this what Christians consider "sufffered more than entire collective humanity"?

Also isn't Jesus God? Does it really count when you have self-res activated? Does it really count when you can make the pain go away? Or if you can live infinitely?

Jesus is far more successful at detecting the problem than the Buddha. Of course violence is what aches humanity, not the existence of individualism -- which is very natural -- as claims the Buddha. Nevertheless, the solution that Jesus gives is partially wrong. You can't just UNILATERALLY forsake violence because then parties that don't adhere to the same principle will wreck you. The perfect solution, though very unlikely, is the mutual ceasing of violence.

What constitutes violence? If I deprive you of money or the means to feed yourself and you suffer the pain of starvation, how is this any better than the pain if I hit you?

Ironically you sound like a fedora yourself.

>Starving someone
>Depriving someone of their wealth

That's violence, though not by the sword. Such acts can be solved by waging war, which is the undesirable outcome, or through pacifist means, such as diplomacy or the establishment of a law-based judicial system.

>Buddha was a spoiled brat

Christians trolling the internet don't help Christianity spread.

In most religions, surrender to God is a means for devotion and liberation from sin

It means investment, invested effort for the kingdom of God. To shell up and do nothing (burying the talents) or doing something with your effort to bring forth fruit (investing the talents to gain more). The one who reaped the most, more responsibilities will be given.

Which is why Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No man enters the presence of the Father/Creator but by Christ.

Fully teaches how to love, fully teaches about the traps, fully teaches the preparation of what awaits every man on earth.No one enters the presence but by His way. The further you press in with Jesus Christ, the more you'll know.

Correct.

And my statement still stands.

If you're going to post on this site, you gotta be able to spot the trolls bro

I should really have just copied my answer to this question from the last dozen or so threads. It takes a lot of energy and effort to respond to this question.

The physical pain Jesus experienced was barely significantly over zero percent of what He suffered on the cross, a death so horrific they coined a new word to show how painful it is: excruciating.

Being separated from the godhead and taking the sins of the world upon Himself required an infinite capacity for suffering, which Jesus as God had.

The physical was bad. Really bad. Many men died just from the 39 lashes. That was as nothing compared to taking YOUR sins upon Himself, having the Holy Spirit flee Him, having the Father turn His back on Him, and suffering the wrath of God on Himself for what YOU did wrong. Not what He did wrong; He was sinless.

He didn't know any sin until He took all of our sins upon Himself, suffered the wrath of God on all of them, and then died, taking them all down with Him.

I could torture you for a while, and you'd eventually go into shock and die.

Jesus could still be on that cross if He chose to be there; His capacity for suffering, as love, is infinite.

You are the Christianfag who plagues Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums with his Christian opinions. If you ever come to /tv/ I will hunt you down IRL and eviscerate you.

The truth is an absolute defense.

You should take your own advice.

So Jesus isn't God?

He took all of "our" "sin", when why is there still sin?

No, man, it doesn't. A talent is a weight, like a ton.

If the parable was "Jesus gave this man one ton of gold, this man two tons of gold, and this man three tons of gold", would you be talking about their respective abilities and efforts?

No, you need to learn to divide the scriptures rightly. The precious thing (a talent would be several years' wages) is salvation; the men who hustled in the marketplace did the things Jesus expects the Tribulation saints to do: give water to the thirsty, clothes to the naked, food to the hungry. These are the people who are in the sheep and goats judgment at the end of the tribulation.

The two who go well go into the kingdom of God on earth; the one who does not, who buries his salvation and hides it, is cast into hell.

That's not us; that's not christians; that's not this age.

Learn to divide the scriptures rightly. It's all for us, but it's not all to us.

I actually only post on Veeky Forums user and stay on topic, why are you so cranky tho user?

There's only 1 sin remaining that Jesus did not forgive on the cross, and that's the unpardonable sin, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Unbelief.

You have 1 rule to live by: Believe the truth.

I did not say Jesus made sin disappear at the cross; I said Jesus paid the price for all of mankind's sins upon the cross. They're all dealt with, paid in full by the blood of the Lamb of God.

So your sins (but for Unbelief) are paid for, but that's not your problem. Your problem is Unbelief.

Believe, and live.

How is inbelief a sin?

What the fuck

Following this, we can conclude atheism is a tool of Satan.

I am sorry.

There is some Christian fag who ruined Veeky Forums with his Christian bait. I thought you were him

He just randomly posts Christian propaganda written in poetic prose (love, grace, aura, tenderness, blah blah blah).

meant for

Unless you give bible/buddhabook quotes saying that exact literal thing you're saying here, you're putting things into these guys' mouth they probably never thought, let alone proclaimed.
Literal quotes is the only way you'll ever get a reasonable answer to OP.
"Buddha says X" - "NO, BUDDHA SAYS Y AND JESUS SAYS X" - "NO HE DOESN'T, FUCK JESUS" is going nowhere.

>demanding evidence in a religious discussion

There can be no "mutual ceasing of violence". If you wait for the other one to cease violence, the cycle continues. If you take up violence again once you're offended or attacked, the cycle continues. Everyone always feels justified in his violence, and like it's the other one who started. The only solution is to abandon violence completely and unilaterally, and "turn the other cheek". Of course that means you'll get rekt in a world where Christianity hasn't been accepted. That's exactly what happened to Jesus. And then the martyrs kept getting murdered while turning the other cheek, but every time they did they revealed the truth: that violence targets the innocent just the same and is therefore never justified.