Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this meme machine?

Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this meme machine?

SCPACE CAR

I really don't like it.

Just another generic super car

I actually think it's pretty awesome, and that's coming from a guy that isn't much of an American car fan in general.
It is overpriced though. Not that that makes any difference to me.

>generic supercar
>generic supercar performance
>overpriced

It's literally the LFA 2.0

At least the LFA sounded nice.

generic and overpriced
400,000+ dollars for a car that weighs as much as a STi that has a lot of carbon fiber in it.
Hydraluics system is fucking heavy for an active suspension.
sounds like hot garbage, I hate v6 noises, so its a bias.
I would rather buy a GT3 RS and throw shit under the hood.

It's such a weird car for me.

First of all I think it looks really good, it looks like a rolling concept car and has a style that I don't think can be fully appreciated yet.

That being said, I don't like the engine being a V6TT although it does sound better than most other six-cylinders.

The thing that really turns me off is the flavor of exclusivity. I don't mind that it's so exclusive but the way they sold the cars was really off-putting to me. The fact that some of the people that received them were chosen specifically because of their media presence is weird.

It's hard to explain but I just don't like it as much as the '05 Ford GT.

It seems 50% media booster and 50% race car. Like the whole "oh you have to build it after hours because we want you focusing on your paid jobs" is utter bullshit. Ford knows how special a GT would be and it all seems contrived.

That's it I guess. The '17 Ford GT seems contrived.

I feel like Ford abandoned the spirit of the old GT and that was a mistake.

Also, the whole "we won Le Mans 50 years ago guis" meme is beaten to death. It takes away how special the actual victory was and uses it as a springboard for YouTube views.

I can smoke the fuck out of this in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

>Also, the whole "we won Le Mans 50 years ago guis" meme is beaten to death
Why doesn't Mazda shill this more actually?

>makes v8 fanboys mad

how could you not like it?

Statistically it doesn't hold up. A McLaren 675LT is pretty similar: MR carbon fiber supercar with active aero, twin turbos, and hydraulic suspension. But the former has more HP, and is nearly 100kg lighter despite having a V8 and more storage space. Where is all the weight coming from in the GT? It's as barebones as you can get without buying a Lotus Exige or an Ariel Atom. I also found it a bit underwhelming that it makes "only" 400 pounds of downforce, while a Viper ACR exceeds 1700. Sure, the latter is using a cheaper method, but I expected more from a car so obsessed with aerodynamics. I also don't like how the engine, more than being a V6, shares over half its parts with an F-150. Supercars should have cool and bespoke engines, this seems like an Ecoboost advertisement. At least it sounds great by V6TT standards (Nissan BTFO).

I at least like how it looks and how old-school it is to drive. Little things like how the pedals adjust by pulling a strap instead of an electric switch is neat.

With the 787B? its impossible since it won with an engine they don't even make anymore. actually, the 787B's 26B engine never even got sold in a road car of any kind.

The correlation with the GT40 is that Ford can make a car that looks like it at least even if the engine has nothing to do with the one that actually did the heavy lifting.

It was a lucky win. The 787B was a mediocre performer, even below-average. Mazda won because everyone else basically crashed or broke down.

I just wish Toyota would make the GT1 properly instead of bitterly sobbing into their ramen.

Looks fucking dope

Because the FIA tried to turn Group C into Formula 1 after 1990 and the 787B happened to be around

>endurance race
>team that manages to endure for 24 wins
>it was a lucky win

if i was mega rich i'd own one and take it to track days
but i'm one level above bus rider (auto honda accord) so i can only dream

Shut up doug

these
its pretty funny that the 787b won since it wasn't even suppose to be in the race
FIA had already made rules baring it and a bunch of other cars, teams weren't able to get new cars ready in time, FIA didn't want the race to start with a half empty grid and let the 787b and other cars have an exemption to fill the grid

of course ricers and rotards legitimately think it got banned because it won and was too fast lel

Wont sell

generic af, not that great looking

people with money who want supercars will give it to companies that only make supercars

>Wont sell
lel

It did excactly what it was born to do.

Introduced some interesting inovations (integrated roll cage).

Looks pretty nice.

7/10 on the theoretical cars I'll never drive or have a qualified opinion on scale.

they're sold out you idiot.

Slower than a lambo, costs more, cringy v6
5/10 overall score
would give lower marks if the interior wasn't so darn stylish

Why were all of these cars banned?

wew all 3 of them nice

Are you Prez/o/-tier retarded?

787b was never banned, Mazda simply couldn't adhere to the displacement restrictions.

The interior is devoid of style actually, but I suppose being totally spartan is a style in itself. There isn't even any trim, everything in the interior is structural to the chassis.

Personally I like it that way.

no one wanted a v6 lol

I like it, Eurocucks are only mad because of "muh heritage", which their cars have lost in recent years. Ferrari seems to be obsessed with selling legos and shitty cologne, and Lamborghini is basically Italian Audi that exclusively sells to Niggers and Arabs. Porsche's the only one I can't really knock too hard, but they still have the boomer "mid-life crisis" aura to shed.

I can understand the interior being a complaint when considering the cost, but aside from that I don't get why anyone would have an issue with it knowing the purpose and function of the car, which apparently it accomplishes beautifully. I think focus on performance and functionality is nice to see.

I can tell you've never been in any supercars before. Simplicity and functionality is paramount.

It's shit. Kys.

except the people that wanted to win LeMans GT of course

Why do Americans speak like troglodytes?

>18th

It's a cool car with cool engineering but i don't think it's worth the price for there are other cars that offer the same numbers but for less also i doubt it will break lap records trying to be a track car

>DNF
im yellow and slower than a v6 f150. guess what car i am.

>25th

he gonna sperg now

>it's another soviet abuses prezo's autism thread

thats every thread

DELET THIS OR I PULL THE TRIGGER

Shitposters fuck off

o fuck you're right my b

>*gunshot echoes*

>6506 applications for first 500 cars
>first 750 already sold, 250 of which won't be built until 2019

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>you will never get to ruin a set of tires in a new one of these
feels bad

Why not use the flate-plane crank 5.2 out of the gt350? Twin turbo it as well.

this. it looks really good but if I had $500k to spend on a car I'd sooner buy a 2005 Ford GT

people who are okay with a V6 in a Ford GT are beyond help.

it's built in Canada too

for cucks, by cucks

>Where is all the weight coming from in the GT?
The hydraulic system. It lets the car change ride height quickly but the system isn't exactly light.

delicious tears

It's probably the most "race car" thing you can buy that is street legal. Rollcage, no insulation, spartan interior, no storage, harness mounts.

>dude exclusivity lmao

it's just one big advertisement for ecoboost