2005 mustang gt

2005 mustang gt

It LITERALLY will not start period. It worked JUST fine yesterday and showed no problems of not starting what so ever.

>battery is good
>connections are all there
>nothing is loose

the fuck could it be? I hear the fuel pump kicking in but it won't make ANY sound when I turn it on. I don't hear any sound coming from the starter whatsoever as well.

Battery voltage?
Not even a click?
Have you checked the starter relay?

Did you try plugging it in?

anti-theft bullshit? is there an alarm

I can't move the car period dude. It's on an incline.

Again, it showed NO signs of being broken. I reflased the ECU and it didn't work either. It NEVER had any problems turning over or being slow in the 1.5 years I've owned it.

I hear no noise at all, not even a click. The only noise I hear is shit like the alternator electrics that sound like a Transformer. The starter makes zero noise .No click or anything. It's not kicking out period.

If the battery is good and you have power, the next step is the starter motor. Check your fuses and the starter itself.

Yes, there is the upgraded anti theft system.

this pisses me off because it gave literally zero warning whatsoever that it wasn't going to start.

unplug the battery for a few minutes see if that will reset it and maybe trigger the alarm yourself then try again

Can't really check the fuse because it's one of those black relays :/

Tried that already, didn't work.

And don't starters like slowly go bad or at least have the bitch kick out?

I've never heard of a starter that literally goes bad randomly overnight.

please respond

this is just mind boggling to me because it gave me no warning at all.

fuck off

Starter relay took a shit.

t. 2005 Mustang GT owner

Can't you hit these to get them to work

this isn't 1978 dude lol

this same exact shit happened to you?

Well it might work

If it's the relay just swap in a matching one.

Do you have dash lights? I assume so since you hear the fuel pump

yes, full lights and radio and everything

>I don't hear any sound coming from the starter whatsoever as well.
Gee, you think that could be the problem?

Fucking push start it.

Are terminals on battery corroded, try disconnecting them and wire brushing them.

they are 100% fine

You still haven't push started the car? Drive it to a mechanic, you clearly don't know how to fix it.

So have you checked continuity through the starter relay?

Theft light flashing?

I am an Army mechanic, listen to me.

You don't hear clicks which means your relays are not energizing. However that does not mean that
1. Your relays are bad
and
2. Your relays are not getting power

It could be a few things actually. You can relax first of all because it's probably not a bad starter because if it was a bad starter you would hear the clicking.

If you do hear clicking, your relays are in fact good and the problem could be in your starter or your starter motor or the wires in between.

The simplest way to find out which part is bad is to take some long ass alligator clips and short the battery to the starter (not as hard as i make it sound, I can walk you through that)

If it turns over then, then it isn't your starter but possibly the solenoid or the connections leading up to this.

Hope this helps, OP. Shouldn't be an expensive repair anyways.

Pic related used to be my baby.

if the solenoid is bad than you literally have to get a new starter because no one sells just the solenoid for s197s

its on the starter

is the car in neutral or park(if auto).
yeah i know.Obvious is obvious but ....

How much you want for it? Where in the usa are you? Do you include shipping?

It's the fucking battery guaranteed

Your battery is probably almost dead

>neutral
Wiggle the shifter while holding the key in start. Could be a misadjusted safety switch.

Could be a few things.

The fact that it gives you no reaction at all, not a tick, narrows it down.

If the radio, lights and whatnot operate normaly then you have enough power to make the startet atleast click. This means that your starter is not engaging, and as such I see the options as;

>starter relay
Relay is fried, stuck or simply not working
>safety switch
Sometimes you can get super unlucky and have the safety switch for the starter get stuck and not disengage when you turn the engine off. To fix this you'll have to somehow move the starter just a tiny bit, which can often be done by simply hitting the starter itself with something heavy, or putting the car in gear and letting it roll slightly with the clutch disengaged

>user gives you good advice
>lol you're old and dumb
How about you try it. Hit that starter like it fucking owes you money.

>FIX
>OT
>RGAIN
>DONY

Did op even fix this?

it was the fucking starter relay

it got stuck.

Yeah common problem