Carburetors

>Carburetors

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dskutHwOy7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can smoke the fuck out of any carb'd car in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

>turbo carb

I wonder how much potential they have IRL

Not much the float bowl usually pressurizes and fuel squirts out.

>direct injection

you double pump and get rid of the float.

Why did you bump this?

Why are you so concerned?
A different thread will die for whatever you create now, that makes all the difference doesn't it?

But it's a garbage thread and deserves to die as soon as possible. You're prolonging its life by not using sage.

What a tragedy

slavs aren't the brightest people out there

>Direct impingement

unpopular opinion:
Carburetors exist only thanks to the otto cycle but they are precision machinery that none of you could even touch without breaking something.

That's why you run the carbs before the turbo.
youtube.com/watch?v=dskutHwOy7U

>salt

Wrong

T. Former ninja 500 owner (no fuel filter stock, installed one after the second cleaning)

The problem with draw through carbs and turbochargers on street cars is that due to the high RPM of the turbine the fuel droplets with begin to wear away at the turbine and eventually weaken it to the point of failure

>motorcycle carb
So it's nothing. Motorcycle carbs are basic af.

That's not the only problem, the intake temperature will be hot as shit eliminating one of the main benefits of carbs in the first place.

Being able to fiddle with and rebuild a carb and make an engine run is totally different from being able to diagnose, accurately jet and tune a carb.
Carbs are mechanically fairly simple, they're just precision parts. If you can rebuild a toilet, you can rebuild a carb.
Even computerized carbs are simple as dirt once you learn what you're looking at.

I fell for the DI maymay

>Being able to fiddle with and rebuild a carb and make an engine run is totally different from being able to diagnose, accurately jet and tune a carb.
No shit, i don't know why you brought that up.

>Carbs are mechanically fairly simple
The principle is simple, tuning is complex.

>If you can rebuild a toilet, you can rebuild a carb.
A: no you can't
B: gl tuning a toilet.

>Even computerized carbs are simple as dirt
No shit, that's because it was all band-aid emissions using crude electronics and solenoids. Emissions carbs aren't worth their weight though.

>>Being able to fiddle with and rebuild a carb and make an engine run is totally different from being able to diagnose, accurately jet and tune a carb.
>No shit, i don't know why you brought that up.

>none of you could even touch without breaking something
That's why I brought that up. Dip shit junk yard battery pullers have been fucking with carbs long before anyone here was born. It takes no particularly specialized or highly developed skills to tinker with a carb.

>A: no you can't
>B: gl tuning a toilet.
You sure don't seem to know much about toilets.

blow through turbo carb setup

>It takes no particularly specialized or highly developed skills to tinker with a carb.
Tinkering doesn't usually make good results. Knowing what linkage does what, knowing what hole goes where will produce something tangible. Only experience can teach you how to properly tune a carb so that rules out anyone on Veeky Forums.

>You sure don't seem to know much about toilets.

I don't and that's my point. It's two completely different skill sets.

>>>>>>none of you could even touch without breaking something
So you admit that was wrong?

>I don't and that's my point. It's two completely different skill sets.
Take a peak. Understand what all the parts are doing, and compare it to a carb. Similarities go far beyond a float if you have a real understanding.

>So you admit that was wrong?
Nope. It's still true.

>Take a peak.
No, i don't think i will but as far as i recall toilets don't have accelerator pumps, power pistons, air bleeds, metering jets, rods, or blocks, dashpots, chokes, throttle blades, vacuum advance orifices, air boosters, secondary vacuum diaphragms or secondary mechanical linkages, or throttle blades.