How badly did I fuck up?

how badly did I fuck up?

estimated delivery is june 9th

could have had a c6z

/thread

im 6'7" and i know for a fact i dont fit in a c7, were c6s roomier?

Id be more worried by the fact you seem to be about one month behind everyone else on this timeline.

Enjoy it OP, the guy on One Take liked his a lot. Don't die, it's a ridiculously fast car.

that is the correct order date, i just couldnt hold my autism any longer

lowering seat mounts dude

are you really going to get much by lowering the seat in a vette

>did I fuck up?
you either have $44k in cash to spend or don't mind going into debt for $44k + interest, so good for you

>have a 2014 jetta wagon tdi paid off
>vw is going to give me $30k + a refund of whatever I spent on the extended warranty bullshit (probably something like $2k)
>have a few g's cash on hand to add to it
>total down is going to be like $35k on an out the door price of around $45k
I can handle it

Paying cash on a new car is stupid ESPECIALLY if you have the money. Better to keep the lump sum on hand and pay small amounts each month instead of losing that much cash in one go.

2 inches easily

Did you get 5k off because your family works for GM

n-no? thats the price of a 1le with no options.

that deposit is just to insure that you are interested in the vehicle, and not the actual deposit on the vehicle itself, RIGHT?

unless you get a 0% interest rate you'll pay more in the long run

and if someone pays $44k in cash for a car they're either an idiot or have $44k in cash to burn

correct.

they're going to refund the $1000 when you buy at delivery?

either refund or apply it towards the car, yes.

You fucked up buying a new car

somebody has to

>buying new
>not buying a used zl1 or z28
you dun goofed.

>how badly did I fuck up?
Do you really have to ask?

well bunch of 3k civic faggots is going to talk shit.

Who cares, he'll be faster than they could ever dream

Unless you just graduated basic I don't see why you'd buy a new camaro. Plenty of low mileage repos available.

Yea, to the mechanic

>Starting sentence with "Because"

Smdh

the cowl heights on these cars are fucking crazy high

Why do you post on Veeky Forums? There's so many of you, it's kinda confusing.

im fucking baffled at how people find new cars good looking

There isn't. Hes just samefagging

we need people like OP buying new cars so we can buy them used a couple of years from now for way less

Again, I'm 6'7, the cowl height didn't seem bad at all during my test drive
I'm not buying it for looks, I'm buying it because it's fast af, although I do think it's beautiful from some angles, namely a rear 3/4 view
I never really liked the 5th gen, they way they looked or the way they drove
Yw friendo

>taking the buyback
Kill yourself.

the high cowl height makes the car look frumpy, tall and fat

I can't even tell when you're serious anymore. Don't you shitpost non-stop on Corvettes?

>/threading your own post
Go home

My initial plan was to take the settlement but the buyback is just too much money. They're paying KBB value from September 2015 + the same settlement

Have fun OP. Enjoy posting your new car on Veeky Forums and watch all the bus riders get jealous. You have a car that's faster than 90% of the cars on this board.

The new ZL1s are stupid fast, I got to drive one at CTMP (mosport for you oldies) and they're ridiculous.

I did a 1:32 there with it on pilot sport cup 2s and I'm nothing to hoot about.

For comparison Ron Fellows himself did a 1:26 in a stock C7 Z06 on sport cups.

you fucked up bad
you have to wait for your car

i jelly, you're gonna have fun

What the absolute fuck

S T Y L E

Fuck it, if you got the bread, enjoy your sandwich.

You sold your vw back to dealership? Do you just walk in and tell them you want to sell back or what?

are you familiar with the diesel emissions scandal?

>vw gets caught cheating on emissions controls and the card emit like 10-40x the limit allowed to be sold here
>offer all american owners a cash settlement+ repair or a buyback of september 2015 book value+cash settlement amount
>I just had to get some documents notarized and my buyback appointment is june 7th, a few days before estimated delivery date of my new car

Witnessed

I am familiar with it, very cool OP. Congrats on the new car.

This isnt the best you could do, right?

Congrats on the fast new car. Good luck with the shit visibility

Why do retards buy these muscle cars new when they can just wait a year and buy them for 25% off retail from some baby boomer that did less than 5k miles

Did you get it with a V8?

>unless you get a 0% interest rate you'll pay more in the long run
If you're making less than 6% on your savings, you are too liquid and you need to get some of your savings in more aggressive accounts.

If you can get interest under 3% it's still better to finance.

is it even possible to get the msrp to $44k on a v6? of course its a v8
huh?
im buying it now because im in the market for a 6th gen 1le now and 2017 is the first year.

>If you're making less than 6% on your savings, you are too liquid and you need to get some of your savings in more aggressive accounts.
wtf does that have to do with financing a car?

are you gonna start talking about high yield cd's too?

>If you can get interest under 3% it's still better to finance.

maybe, if you can afford the payments but not the car, but even at 2% you''ll pay $2k+ in interest on top of the purchase price

however, according to OP, he'll only be financing about $10k, which will still end up with however many hundreds in interest

So? Paying interest is not a big deal when you consider you can get the asset years earlier than you normally would if you were just saving. What's more important? A couple of hundred in interest or being able to drive around in your car right now instead of in 2-3 years time.

I have 2015 Audi A4 do I qualify??

If you can only afford the monthly payment, then you don't really have a choice but to add the interest into your purchase price. Whether that's only hundreds or thousands. You need/want a car but don't have enough to buy one outright without wiping out your savings. If it's a fairly low rate, then yeah, not that big of a deal. That's fine as long as the buyer recognizes they're paying that much more for the benefit of the bank letting them drive their car until it's paid off.

Most people keep an emergency fund on hand. Financing a car keeps that failsafe cash, instead of just draining your account in one go.

Shit happens, be prepared.

Depends, if you're buying a shitbox sure go ahead and buy it outright. If you're buying a new car worth 25k or more it's a really dumb idea to plonk down a huge chunk of your savings in one go. That money can do more for you in your pocket than it can as the actual car, and paying the interest is a much smarter option for the flexibility of having the cash. If you're really smart you can even invest it and get a better return than the interest rate and end off better off.

>That's fine as long as the buyer recognizes they're paying that much more for the benefit of the bank letting them drive their car until it's paid off.
You're paying that much more so if some shit happens you haven't drained your entire savings account paying for a 25k car outright. The flexibility is why you're paying the premium and it's well worth it.

if it has the 2.0 tdi and live in the usa then yes

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where if you don't have a 6 figure 401k and your house paid off in your mid 20s and you finance 10k on a car, someone is gonna post about it.

Yeah idiots here don't understand the concept of cash on hand or time value of money. Its actually quite frightening.

>If you're buying a new car worth 25k
if you don't have enough in your account to spend 25k on a car without making a dent, you shouldn't be looking at a 25k car