What's the point of tachometers?

What's the point of tachometers?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 70 can shift by engine sound alone.
Most manual cars in the 1980s and earlier didn't have one. This is the age of babby-tier vehicles.

Please be patient OP has autism

i like having music playing or speaking to family and friends sometimes, it's useful then

it allows me to get right to that red line without worrying about fucking my engine because shit power band

Can you tell the difference between 6200 and 6500 RPM by ear? I can't.

Because heavy rain is fucken loud

Also, are tach still an optional thing in cars like they used to be?

Because my engine is quite as shit. It only gets loud around 5k

This.
Anybody can upshift and downshift by sound alone. It's actually how I taught most of my friends when they asked me to. It's easier that way.

When you're gettin' a little spirited however, it all sounds the same at the higher end. I'd like to have some peace of mind knowing where I'm at before I go through with that 3rd -> 2nd downshift when my engine's already making a ruckus

after driving work vehicles with tachs for a long time.. they are indeed pointless

Good luck shifting on track by ear.

What's the point of fuel gauges?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 70 can tell when they need a fillup by intuition alone.

okay

Basically you need to know how many RPMS left / where are you exactly to plan your ride on the track.

It's not 100% needed but it's very useful.

Riding on the street is less demanding and you can easily get away without a tacho.

However if you for example have 600cc & 1000cc bikes it's a kind of tough to ride them w/o looking at the tacho, you'll be missing red line for sure.

>What's the point of fuel gauges?

Most sportbikes/supersport indeed lack fuel gauge.

Why the fuck do we have this thread every week OP is fag

>cars in the 1980s and earlier didn't have one
Wut.jpg nigga you retarded or something? My 944S had one and my 79 fiat spider 2000 has one. No cup holders, that shit too advanced.

lolno
you don't need to hear the engine to feel when you need to shift, friendo

What's the point of two wheel drive?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 70 can corner by one alone.
Most manual cars in the 1890s and earlier didn't have two. This is the age of babby-tier vehicles.

>holden barina

Damn those cars are SMOOTH. Autos shift at like 1.5 k rpm or something, max comfy ride. Absolutely gutless car though.

What's the point of four wheels?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 70 can get by with two wheels alone.
This is the age of babby-tier vehicles.

>normies mad cuz this ones true

Any 2WD vehicle with an open diff is actually 1WD when it matters.

lol no it's not

because racecar. they have tachos to pick shift points, but no speedo. you could argue similar logic for a boost gauge.

>do a burnout
>one wheel peel while the other is just along for the ride
>try to drift around a corner
>power only goes to one wheel and the other slides sideways with no rotation, fucking up your angle
>lose traction on ice, snow, dirt
>one wheel spins and the other remains motionless
Yeah okay whatever you say genius. Sounds like 1WD to me.

>willful ignorance

>OP is mad he drives an old base model shitbox that doesn't even come with a tach

No but I used to for many years and now that I have a modern car, I realize how useless tachometers are.

Whats the point of manual transmission?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 70 knows automatics are faster in every way.
Manuals are for manchildren. This is the age of babby-tier car enthusiasts

Tachofags BTFO. Taken from Roadcraft

Sometimes being able to notice a slightly higher than normal idle rpm can help you find and track down an engine problem.

Have fun exploding engines when you rev past the engine's capabilities
Not all engines have the same rev limit

OP has never been even 2/3 to redline

This.

>my cheap POS car doesn't have a tacho
>it's probably useless anyway
>I'm gonna post on Veeky Forums how everyone that owns nicer car than me is a retard

Pretty sad.

Thank god for the odometer

kek OP's engine is an unbalanced piece of shit with leaking exhaust.

Cars have different redlines, with different sounds and feels as you approach them.

My car actually has a digital redline that increases as the engine/tires heat up.