Legit 86 Thread

So I have a legit question. Does anyone know what gives the 2017 BRZ and 86 5 more horsepower? I don't think they changed the bore/stroke or anything, did they just give the ecu a better tune?

Also discuss lesser known 86 mods (we all know about air intakes, exhausts, and turbos. I'd like to talk about shit like cam plates, fuel rail covers, the miniscule stuff. Velox motor sports has a lot of off the wall parts for the 86, more stuff like that)

And before you start memeing, everybody knows 205 horsepower is underpowered, we don't need to have THOSE threads again,

Other urls found in this thread:

dropfile.to/5mKfPTa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much power/torque can I get out of a 86 while staying NA? I could get a supercharger/turbo for 3500 so let's say my budget is 2500.

Just get nitrous and the required supporting mods

Still N/A as long as you dont spray

I think around 40 more horsepower is the limit, and I believe that's on E85. Still 245 horsepower for a 2800 pound car is pretty tight.

NA tuning gets ridiculously expensive really really fast. Ar 100bhp per liter, it's already pushing the limit of what's achievable with reasonable effort and investment. You're not gonna find many naturally aspirated cars with higher power-per-liter ratios other than Porsche GT3s, Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Stock heads are pretty goosure, a true dual exhaust with a good set of headers and a tune will be the most budget-friendly.

Hello

This is true, you can't beat a turbo for price/performance ratio. However I wouldn't believe the "it's as reliable as N/A" crowd. Plus there's that N/A response, which I hear gets even better with a carbon driveshaft.

>Does anyone know what gives the 2017 BRZ and 86 5 more horsepower?
Cold Air Intake
Exhaust
Premium fuel

If you want anything more than that go for a turbo setup, dont waste your money though most people just junk the FA20 engine straight up and swap in something decent

s2000 has even less whp gain on N/A. Are you even trying ?
Best thing they have is ap2 2006 and up models with flashpro.

fuck all

That's still only 107 per liter, and plus there's a lot of chassis differences that allow a bigger bore/stroke.

With a conservative tune and the appropriate supporting mods, you can easily push 280bhp without compromising reliability outside of the added parts that could theoretically fail. With a good centrifugal supercharger you keep the N/A response. Carbon driveshafts only really reduce the weight, to reduce the moment of inertia of the drivetrain you'll want to start with lightweight wheels, tires and a lighter flywheel. Keep in mind that lighter tires usually don't take heat as well as meaty tires.

>280bhp N/A in a toyobaru

No way

Read my post again and read the post I replied to.

Can i just ask WHY people bother with this car in its stock form?

>FA20 is dogshite
>its laughably slow and doesnt handle very good on stock rims

Every fucking boomer here in aus has one and they are so terrible.

>in aus
Opinion discarded. I want shitposters to go to sleep.

make me

205 horsepower is enough, buy ferrari instead.

Who here daily drives their brz?
What should I know about it before I get one that I've had my eye on for a while? I've only ever had fwd shitboxes

t. rich itanalian homosexual

Its a
>slow
>underpowered
>dull
>shitbox
with a great chassis

everyone and their dog has tried to get any sort of usable power out of the FA20 over 5+ years and given up so much so not even Toyobaru even stopped trying.

If you haven't gotten tyres/wheels/coilovers yet do these first.
Saw on time attack compo near stock gt86 and brz stay in top middle with tyres and coilovers.
Most of cars were 911's with the odd time attack pure race build civics, bmw's and indycar charger and viper thrown in.

They handle very well stock. They have a low Drag Coefficient and all the weight is focused at the bottom of the car. If you see someone who can't turn it properly then it's because they are shit. Of course it's not going to be better than a 35k Camaro with aftermarket suspension/wheels, but it does very well stock compared to other stock vehicles. The engine is weak but there's more to driving than stoplight pulls.

>What should I know about it before I get one
Nothing you wouldn't notice during a test drive.

good luck keeping up on the uphill touge faggot

Keeping up with what? A more powerful car is a bigger engine?

>more to driving than stoplight pulls
>i meantion it cant even keep up on normal twisty roads
Yeah ok strawman there is still no excuse for putting a 150rwhp engine in a "sports car"

>Yeah ok strawman there is still no excuse for putting a 150rwhp engine in a "sports car"

Unless it has a Mazda badge then its "muh godmachine"

>t. I've never driven a toyobaru

If you want a car with more power, you need to buy a car with more power. How about a Cayman S? Oh right, they cost twice as much, if not more. Fucking retard.

Just fuck off out of the thread this argument has been had 500 times over. If you think the car is shit that's fine, if you think it's the worst car on the road that's fine too; I don't give a shit. This thread is about the differences in the 2017 models and obscure mods for the platform.

>And before you start memeing, everybody knows 205 horsepower is underpowered, we don't need to have THOSE threads again
It's the only kind of thread we will ever have about this car.

>With a good centrifugal supercharger you keep the N/A response

this.
Until there's a requirement of bread on hood to be able to post on Veeky Forums, shitposting threads the only threads we ever going to have.

No unless the car is several hundred pounds lighter you fucking mongrel

I don't mind bus riders posting here but they have to realize there's a lot more to a car than what they see on the Wikipedia page.

>t. never driven anything supercharged

>inb4 it's only fair if the Miata gets to not have a roof

Mechanical grip is not handling. Take off the stock drift tires and put on good summers instead, you'll find the handling is fantastic. It changes direction fast and corners flat.

Slow piece of shit, i can smoke the fuck out of it in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Turbonetics t74 t4 twinscroll. turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous
im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

Are you even trying to imply that any king of forced induction is comparable to NA feel and handling?
Fuck off to the bus stop faggot.
>This assmad that his mememachine gets BTFO by a smug hairdressers car

I hope he isn't, because forced induction actually delivers power

>assmad
>implying

>his mememachine gets BTFO
>[citation needed]

I would've gotten a Miata instead if it was better.

EG's with few simple mods are nothing to joke about. absolute monsters.

The ND has faster lap times than the BRZ on pretty much every track
>forced induction actually delivers power
Enjoy your lag and weight transfer

this is how I really know you've never driven a supercharged vehicle, as soon as you put your foot down there's 0 lag just like an N/A car.
>fuck off to the bus stop faggot
that's some juicy projection you got going there

>as soon as you put your foot down there's 0 lag just like an N/A car.
my sides

>The ND has faster lap times than the BRZ on pretty much every track
Have you driven even one of them? Do you even have a car?

>Enjoy your lag and weight transfer
I don't think you've ever driven a car.

>Lag

Lag isnt an issue at all because I know how to drive

>Weight transfer

Well, forcedinduction actually makes power, unlike N/A, so I guess the weight does move around

Thread Status: Derailed by Russian Shitposters

>Lag isnt an issue at all because I know how to drive
Im sure you're a pro user

>Well, forcedinduction actually makes power, unlike N/A, so I guess the weight does move around
Have fun fishtailing out of corners then, or not hitting the gas unless you're in a straight line

>This meme again

Are you saying a supercharger causes fishtailing?

Hmm, I swear I have seen NA cars fishtail out of corners, are you sure you aren't a massive idiot???

Should i buy one and garage it so that i can sell it for crazy meme bucks later down the road?

I bought a used one a while ago and have driven it daily. People are already offering me up to 3000 bucks more than what I've paid for it. All you have to do is keep it stock and clean, while everyone else is running them into the ground or ricing the fuck out of them.

wow very triggered there sir?

Are you jelly my 20 year old GM LS powered shitbox can

>out stop
>out corner
>out accelerate
and
>out skid
a brand new 4 year old car?

Its almost like its a shitty econobox
Wow please continue your butthurt is palpable
Finally a reasonable reply.

Of course BIG wide THICC tyres will make anything handle better, what i am saying is the FA20 is a hugely limiting factor for me and alot of others to get into the 86 at the moment.

That said the same thing was true before yanks discovered LS + S13 = amazing but its a age old recipe

>Light well made chassis + v8 = sex on wheel

You might be able to make some dish if you buy the last model year they make of the 86 and wait about 10 or 20 years and sell it to an autist, otherwise probably not. The Toyota Sfr, however...

What I'm saying is that nobody cares. If you like a different car that's cool, just fuck off because we don't want to hear it. This is a Toyota 86/BRZ thread.

Fuck off fatcunt, you are a virgin

86 faggots are so dumb why don't you get a supra
a na supra is faster than you faggots

>140rwhp and torque valley out the ass
>in a modern 2.0l n/a engine
Sorry this is just dogshite, its btfo by a 10 year old S2000
Hi user, your angry.

Captain obvious

so what mods do you have on your 86?
That's the purpose of this thread, so you must be here for that.

Oh i dont have a 86 but i really like the chassis and keep up with all th e shit going on with them in the hopes i one day come across one with a engine swap.

Some mad aussies are doing a V6 TT from a r35

Ok sweetie, Honda S2k and your Frankenstein s13 with Ls1 combo are better cars, does that emotionally fulfill you enough so that you can go to a thread where those are relevant?

Forgot pic, sorry.

2017+ model year might have more power because of a updated factory tune and some other shit but its probably 10rwhp+ minimum which brings us to 150rwhp which is just fucking sad.

Even IF they made a FA20T it would probably top out at 300hp and cost $5000-10000+ more and negate the point of the 86

Why dont you start exercising, maybe you'll stop being such a pathetic loser
Fatcunt is a poorfag, he cant afford a brz

you are such a degenerate faggot who would buy a pussy 4cyl?

>that you can go to a thread where those are relevant?
>implying i ever have feel relevant on Veeky Forums
Oh that doesnt matter to me i just wunna talk about cars but when OP and 86 fanboys post bullshit about how nimble and "fast" a stock 86 is then get all het up when i mention real modifications to a car/platform thats fucking DESIGNED to be modified i cant help but fap with a smile on my face about how mad we're all getting about a 20-30k shitbox
and yet most of this board have never set foot in a

>rwd
>v8
>i6
>i6t
or even drive manual.

Move those goalposts all day dood.

What would emotionally fulfill fatcunt would be getting a girlfriend
Someone that doesnt want a pigfat v8 trahs you dumb virgin

And yet most of the posters on this board aren't fat or aren't virgins, unlike you fatcunt

i'm not falcunt you stupid seppo

Here is the list of changes.

dropfile.to/5mKfPTa

It got a new intake snorkel, new intake manifold, new ECU, different exhaust manifold, different cat. The 5 hp bump isn't much but the midrange dyno torque and hp bump it got is noticeable.

It also has a more aggressive final drive.

Don't deny it you fat virgin

If its so unbearable then kill yourself

>What would emotionally fulfill fatcunt would be getting a girlfriend
Nah see my problem has always been finding real work.

GF and friends (kek) come and go.

But anyway back to CARS

t. /dat/ 2.0

>oh shit i forgot i cant talk about cars here without people shitposting common board knowledge over and over again instead of you know actually talking about cars and getting btfo over and over and then resort to personal insults
You'd think after 8 years you would realize im here forever.
And yet i dont care.

you stupid faggot cunt i'm not falcunt and that's not an argument for liking 4cyl's

4cyl is for cuck

Are you in 3rd grade or something?
>I ever have feel relevant
>get all het up
The 86 has quantifiably nimble handling. It's a literal fact that is reported by nearly all car reviewers due to its low center of mass. There's much less body roll and lateral momentum than your v8 s13. (And yes it will out brake and out corner the s13 once you put different tired on it) stay btfo

>Fatcunt belives I care about him being fat or being a virgin

>mfw these cunts just cant talk about cars and instead follow me obsessively across boards, real life and shit for over a decade
and you call me the loser.

KEKAK

maybe you can talk about cars next time
like this fellow thanks dood

>Fatcunt is this assmad

Kek

im mainly talking about the FA20 being a stupid dull boring pos, i said i like the chassis dont put words in my mouth.

thats not me desu
once again i didnt say you did.

>implying i can post at the same time as falcunt

you really are stupid.

Boomers? I find that most people driving these are rich kid p-platers, asian students whose parents haven't bought them a Benz and maybe the odd gen y nu-male.

>86 fanboys post bullshit about how nimble and "fast" a stock 86 is
Your words Mr. 3rd grader.
>yfw 3rd grader is mad because he failed penis inspection day again.

I dont get why dat hates you so much its fun to shitpost with you

my area (mid north coast) is full of cashed up dumb boomers so that would explain that i guess mate.

That said if these drop to a reasonable level and have a older subi turbo engine dropped in them with uneven headers ill go for it

Their just plebs mate ive been shitposting since the internet fucking existed.

It was only ever meant to be lighthearted and then shit got real.

Kinda glad mods banned /dat/ because it hasnt really been about bants or cars for years.
>muh /tv/ tier memes
Lazy.

>I-I'll just call it a /tv/ tier meme! That will prevent me from having to confront my own contradictory logic and shit arguments! BTFO!

and ill point you back to where i said

>i dont care
>you dont care
>we all dont care
and all i want to talk about is FUCKING CARS
oops sorry fucked up here meant to say 150ftlb and 180rwhp

thats still what 90hp per liter which isnt bad, its just average.

the FA20 needs a turbo badly and as ive said for over 4 years is that there needs to be a factory option.

Anyone half serious about a build will rip that turd out or at least put better internals in it.

I'm the one who said to fuck off since we're talking about the gt86 and not s2ks or shitbox s13s you turbonigger. Read the OP (unless it's too hard to understand for your 3rd grade mind that is).

the 86 is such trash

>h-ha yes i made him so mad so ill just keep repeating my unfunny 3rd grade tier insult insult
the engine is

the chassis is not.

that platform is good, toyota and subaru are just lazy.

>I can't comprehend the OP so I'll just insult his insult
10/10 reply my guy

>i cant comprehend trolling and treat everything at face value

Hi drax

I guess I fell for the "I was only pretending to be retarded, I totally didn't get btfo with my shit bench racer opinions" meme
GotMeGud

t. literally you

ps

>literally me

Also what car do you drive btw?

I am the very definition of a reverse bench racer.

As i said the majority of Veeky Forums doesnt even own a decent car let alone a 86, stock or otherwise.

>It also has a more aggressive final drive
That was probably the most important change they made.