Motorcycles obsolete at inception

Aren't motorcycles the most antiquited, outdated, dangerous and impractical form of motor driven transportation ever? Even the creator of the motorcycle abandoned the motorcycle after its inception. My boss who was an insurance adjustor told me 9 out of 10 wrecks were fatal and easy claims to file away because the rider was kia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IteniLcLImU
coub.com/view/mpn1u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Motorcycles are cheap, fast, fuel efficient and fun. 99% of the community is enthusiasts. I'm terrified at the thought of getting into a bike accident so I drive a car, but I respect motorcyclists as fellow friends of motorsports.

Yeah I ride a motorcycle and I have no idea why they are legal to ride. I feel like I've hacked society I pay $80/year for insurance it costs me $100 year in gas to commute and the only safety equipment required by law is something over my eyes so a stray pebble or bee doesn't blind and kill me.

They're after my AR-15 and not my motorcycle! Although the latter is 27 times more dangerous (to me) fucking politicians right?

Makes no sense to me. Modern cars are nannystate safety-cages designed to preserve the lives of the most incompetent and worthless people in society.

Motorcycle? Ride through some cones. Good job. Who cares? Go kys, signed, the dmv.

Probably because they're so damn cheap.

Why buy 2 extra tons of metal to lug around when you can ride on a tiny engine pulling 200 Kilos. Sure they're dangerous as fuck but it really depends on the other drivers. I live and ride in Brisbane, Australia, the drivers here are pretty good actually. I'm not almost killed on a daily basis unlike my American counterparts that have roads filled to the brim with blind sperglords and soccer moms driving death boats.

Also, required to wear helmets in Australia, so at least no insta-death from low speed accidents.

They don't give a shit about your safety as long as the potential damage you do to others is minimal

Like what will happen to the children if you T-bone a school bus? Maybe a few bruises?
Meanwhile you'll be dead

Because they get you mad p00si

>cheap
No
>fast
Define fast
>fuel efficient
Subjective
>fun
Subjective

You sound boring

>cheap
compare a cheap new bike with a cheap new car.
see the price gap?
you can also compare a high end superbike with a supercar for those prices
>fast
in a straight line mostly.
>fuel efficient
compared to any small car? it blows them away for almost any bike model.
>fun
you're right about subjectivity of that one, but for an enthusiast, most of what they like is subjective.

American here
A guy last week in a mini van stared into my eyes while pulling out infront of me I locked up my rear breaks and fish tailed around the guy by a few inches. It's always a god damn mini van

You can buy a 2 grand motorcycle (another grand for decent gear) that will out run 80%-90% of whats on the road, and still get 40Mpg doing 80mph on the interstate.

Most bikes only need an oil change a season, and new tires almost every other season, and regular chain adjustments. You can easily go 300 a years if you can do most of your own work.

But you're going to skim over this and find some exception to your predefined set of rules and then move the goal post on top of that.

As a motorcycle enthusiast I get why a lot of people don't like motorcycles. To be honest I feel like it's because a lot of motorcycle riders are douches and make people feel that way. That being said you're trying too hard to dislike them. Relatively speaking they definitely are cheap fast and fuel efficient. The fun thing is subjective but that's obvious

they also scare drivers. I'm always a little nervous when maneuvering my car near an antsy biker, I don't want to kill anyone

Sucks to be an American then. I'm not sure about the laws in Europe, but in Australia we have pretty strict laws and training before you can get a motorcycle license. And you have to ride a lower power bike for up to 2 years before you can move up to the super bikes and eventually kill yourself.

>in a straight line mostly.
not true, supersports/superbike are much faster around the track comparing to the new cars in the same price range.

Yeah... 9/10 fatal.

I've wrecked many and have not even broken a bone on one. 20+ years riding, 50+ bikes. All kinds of wrecks street and track.

No. Broken. Bones.

Goddamn user, idk how you got so many tards to bite that bait lol. Good job.

Well, to be fair, you sound like a good rider who knows how to minimise damage in a wreck. There are too many idiots who just lock up in a dangerous situation and go plowing into something more solid than their head.

in their price range, yes. good sports cars can usually hold a corner better though.

Here's how it works in America at least my state.
>take 25 question write test
>get motorcycle permit
>have a bike to take test on
>do some low speed turns
>quick stop
>swerve test
This is all sub 20mph speeds in a parking lot

Or do like i did and most people in burgerland do.
>Buy bike from craigslist
>ride dirty for a while till you feel you can pass the test
>go pass test

Final option
>2 day msf course and take paperwork to dmv get license.

Any of these you can jump straight on a turbo busa if you are so inclined.

It is cheap you tit you ever seen the road tax and insurance on some of these bikes?
yeah the gear costs some and so does all the other stuff like brake fluid and oil and stuff

Fast
>Yamaha R6/R1
>CBR1000RR Fireblade
>Ducati Panigale 1299
>BMW S1000RR I think

you can get 200+ miles out of a 14L tank so it is.

Fun
Fuck yes it is you just have to be careful.

>Sucks to be an American then
how so? Since when does it suck to have freedom?

I like the look without the belly pan, here's a thumbs up

shut up you racist sexist xenophobe

>>cheap
>No
That's just incorrect

Europe has stages
>AM licence 16-17
limited to 50cc no pillion

>A1 Licence 17-19
125cc with 11kw power limit pillion allowed.

>A2 20-23
bike limited to 47BHP

>A 24+
Whatever the hell you like

Yeah they're impractical to have as an only vehicle. But as a secondary vehicle they can be cheap, fun, and fast.
It's incredibly thrilling to go fast and get leaned over. It makes driving my car feel like a joke.

Here's how it works in Australia (or at least my state, Queensland)
>Hold driver's license for at least 1 year
>Do pre-learner course at non-government establishment
>Take pre-learner written test
>Get learner's license
>Ride around supervised for at least 3 months I believe
>Take another riding course and test at non-government government establishment
>Get restricted motorcycle license
>Must hold for 2 years only riding lower powered bikes (under around 650cc)
>First year of 2 = no pillion & 0 BAC
>Take another riding course and test at non-government establishment
>Get unrestricted license
>Buy litre bike and kill self

I think its that, but 'oh, that person will only harm or kill themselves just him/ her do it' mentality that is rapidly falling out of favor in government. Consider the Drug War.

Why statist Liberals have not made a move to ban motorcyclea makes no sense to me. It can't be because of statistics, or because few people commute on motorcycles rather than in cars. They have no problem stripping rights because of the actions of a minority. Is it because they cannot villify motorcyclists? They're vulnerable and all?
I can't figure out these bitches fucking mentality so I have to ask others.

Google automated safety cube employee detected.

>fuel efficient
>subjective
You were so close to believable bait, then you threw it all away.

Literally don't worry about it. The fact that you see the bike means you're not the threat.

And if bikers are weaving or making maneuvers, you can be reasonably assured that as long as you don't make sudden, UNEXPECTED adjustments, there'll be no issues.

But that's true for any vehicle, realistically. For myself, I know I'm more aggressive on the bike than my car, because of the size. The bike can exploit a gap and take off like nothing else on the road. It's very hard to cut someone off on a bike unless you're trying hard.

I had a small Honda motorcycle and would happily commute. There are occasional near misses from all the careless cars. In all cases, it was not my fault. The other cars simply don't look over their shoulder and the bike is small and not painted glowing neon yellowish green with blinking lights all over. So they miss seeing me even though I am fully in their mirror.

The last straw that got me to give up riding was when several teenagers deliberately tried to run me off the road to force a crash. I did nothing to them. They just wanted to have fun like many american teenagers who vandalize, steal, break things, or just need some daily outlet for their angst. I went to the shoulder's edge and jammed on brakes to avoid them trying to sideswipe me off the shoulder. Their car was well into the shoulder so it was deliberate of them. I don't have a rear-facing camera, so there is no video record of them.

American teens suck as drivers. Driving with angst is too similar to someone full of road rage.

All of your points are valid, but they are also irrelevant, because bikes are fun.

t. rider for 20 years, but no longer coz oldfag and muh comfort.

Different American here. In my state I went and got the permit at the DMV I think it's like 15 or 30 bucks or something I didn't read anything I just winged it and went and took the permit test and passed. It's just like the driving test permit it's rules of the road oriented instead of motorcycle oriented. Having been driving for like 4 years it was easy.

Then I payed like 200 bucks or something like that for the msf course. First 5 hours was classroom with a test at the end. Instructor gave us the answers pretty much we did it as a group and everyone got 100%. Next 10 hours is on bike learning the whole thing was split over two days. A lot of emphasis was on breaking and clutch control. Next came the test and everyone passed. Someone even dropped their bike and the instructor just looked the other way. They want everyone to pass because the only real way to learn how to ride a motorcycle is to get on one and put in the miles.

The best part is the msf course took care of the licensing so I didn't have to go wait in line at the DMV. They gave me a temp license that day so I could go out and buy the liter bike of my choice. I waited a long time before getting my first bike though I was too poor at the time and still in college

Threadly reminder that if you ride a sub 599cc motorcycle you should really look into getting a bigger bike as the bigger vibrations will feel better on your giant vaginas

I got 7 (You)'s tho. Didn't expect more than 1

pretty much this. no one denies that motorcycles are inherently dangerous and less safe. think about the average econobox these days is around 200 crank horsepower in a 3000lb + car.

now remove 2600 pounds

and now you're goin real fast

There was two duds in my motorcycle safety course who disnt pass.
What a couple 'a duds, huh?

Anyone who denies that motorcycles are typically faster than cars is just an insecure audi faggot.

And a good rider will be ever better than that. I dont claim to be an amazing rider but I am faster than most. That being said, there have only been a few times when a car has outpaced me in the twisties. A carrera GT and a lotus elise, both on the snake which I'm terrified off because I've crashed there twice now :(

I tried keeping up with a proper amature motorcycle racer and the dude fucking smoked me. I'm sure there are cars that can out handle a bike but there's no comparison when it comes to a bike acceleration

in a 1/4 mile sure.

I was pretty much refering to freeway driving.......not twisties.
Audi faggots dont drive on twisties cause its waaayy too hard to look at your cell phone.

Anyways.........audifaggots..... so yeah.......they suck.

motorcycle is always going to be faster than traditional ICE cars unfortunately. the main reason is actually due to gearing, not power potential in which case cars obviously win. cars need too much torque in 1st and 2nd gear. motorcycles don't need shit. they run first gear to 100+mph

youtube.com/watch?v=IteniLcLImU

Oh man McClaren got spanked like a spoiled little bitch baby!! TopKek!

>2 journalists
good laugh

here how it is in NSW
>turn 16 and 9 months
>do pre learner course at non-gov establishment (unless in bumfuck nowhere)
>do prelearner written test
>drive around unsupervised for 3 months and be at least 17
>do pre-provisional course or just MOST test depending on where you live
>hold that license, P1, for 12 months
>they hand you your P2 without doing any tests, unless you're over 25 and they just give you a full one
>hold that for 2 years before they hand you your full license
you can take a pillion and tow a trailer on p2, can't on P1.

So this basically translates to that an AE86 could destroy both the ducati and the McClaren in a very tight technical twistie course.

coub.com/view/mpn1u

What bike runs 100mph in 1st gear?

Any 1000 sportbike

My cbr 600 hits 75 in 1st before you catch the limiter

99% of the community are stupid squid faggots who don't know the bikes or their own limits till their lodged in a tree

sounds like all of Veeky Forums

So? what do you care if they kill themselves in the process?

I don't lol just as long as I'm not on the bike

Why does it seem like we have people who are perpetually upset with bikes. Ffs its an engine with two wheels, it cant fuck your woman

>rode modded gray area legal moped from 14-19
>get license
>ride Sachs madass for a while
>terrified of motorcycle test
I don't get it.
I've been riding powered 2 wheeled vehicles for like 13 years but as soon as I get on a motorcycle I feel like I'm gonna get turned into ketchup.

i want to get a motard so i can pull off the shoulder and wallride underpasses while driving through traffic everyday. lane splitting is a-ok! helps reduce congestion on a freeway where the slowest lane is the carpool lane

40% of motorcycle fatalities are caused by retards not wearing helmets.
Some like 30% of crashes are due to riders being drunk

Majority of motorcycle crashes happen at night on weekends.

Wear a helmet, don't drink and ride. Don't be a squid, commute to work, and you will be fine. Most fatalities are from retards on motorcycles.Natural selection just gets rid of the retards.

I wish more people would ride motorcycles so we could cleanse the retards like you. Protip, don't believe all the statistics people tell you.

Aside from fluke accidents, they're still mostly driver and rider dependent. However, when and if an accident happens, someone on a bike is going to be at an disadvantage no matter what. There's an obvious higher risk than driving in a car. The same impact that causes someone in a car to have a sore neck for a month could kill someone on a bike. There's a shitload less forgiveness for stupid bike riders than for stupid car drivers. But even the smartest rider can get hit by a stupid driver.

BFYB. The most exotic top of the line Italian sports motorcycle you are looking at paying $50k which is entry level for a sports car so basically a poorfag can own the motorcycle equivalent of a Ferrari

here is your reply,

motorcyclists know and accept the risks, why is it your business if we fuck up and put our lives on the line.

even the safest volvo driver with the latetest self driving airbag technology can be hit by a plane.

Even the gayest, most rainbow covered, hipster bicyclist can be hit by a stupid car. Hell they could actually be chased down by a kangaroo and fucked up, at least i can get away from those territorial cunts.

licensing in italy
>14yo, 20 question test, need to cock up 5 to fail -> 50cc
>16yo, theory test + practical test on a skidpan. ez -> 125cc
>18yo, practical test on skidpan amd road, easier than 125, because fuckhueg tolerances -> 90hp
>20yo, even easier practical test -> unlimited
>24yo+ theory + practical direct access

Most riders I know never had any serious accidents (ie: life threatening ones) however a lot of them fucked up their back, their tailbone, their wrists or their knees in the process.

that's how it works
you are expected to have 1 accident and countless spills in your first year of riding

Motorcycles don't crash themselves. Idiots crash motorcycles. When they say the biker was not seen, the biker was seen, and the biker saw the car that was going to hit them, but someone was filled with misplaced trust or terrible malice.

Hard != obsolete

I guess MR cars are shit since you need to be a good

Meanwhile bikes can get 50+ mpg for a third the purchase and maintenance cost of a prius, go faster than any sports car under 50k, and carry one person's with of groceries, maybe more if you have the balls, the tie downs, and the bungee cords.

Too bad the US doesn't get the good middleweight bikes

Tfw no cb400sf

Had a 2013 cbr500r same colour scheme, turn ok and ok power for class 10/10 learner

topkek

>being this much of a nanny-state bitch

What is it trying to say?

It's amazing how uncool you can look on a lams bike. Maybe the only three that don't make me feel sorry for the people riding them are the little revvy 250s, the rvf400 and the restricted striple.

The rest have a depressing feel to them, like you're being made to wear a dunce hat for 2+ years. Bet it's designed that way to make it look gay to 18 year olds.

>Sucks to not be a prisoner in your own country.
Yeah man, keep telling yourself that LOL