Why does Veeky Forums hate electric motors ?

Why does Veeky Forums hate electric motors ?

Other urls found in this thread:

theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s
niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/
fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I grew up romanticizing the art of properly driving ICE cars.

The interplay of throttle, RPM, and power output is something I love.

charging time, high weight, tendency to be forcibly tied to bullshit nanny software or touchscreen bullshit.

I love electric cars. Sell me one for $3000 or less. No? Okay thx bye.

it's just retarded vocal luddites

because tesla zealots
no, really, that's it
tesla fans ruin everything

fanboys ruin everything in general, see GTR, Ecoboost, etc fans.

electricity is a meme

because they solve nothing

Veeky Forums doesnt hate electric motors. Veeky Forums hates what they stand for.

doesnt work in others conditions besides san francisco climate

Ellon Musk is fucking amazing and Europeans hate him because he is going to destroy their supercar monopoly.

how does electricity work?

electrons, magnetic fields

I don't know. How do magnets work?

its like water bro!
switch gravity with voltage difference!
switch amperage with volume!

>crashed his mclaren F1

his net-worth is pretty much all from his paypal shares, everything else he's done has been at a loss of either his or investor's money

>gravity

Whoa there retard.

i don't hate them but i sometimes commute 140km or more for work so range is an issue for me

i will get an electric motorycle when cost comes down and range improves because sickfast

Because these are the kind of fags who own them
theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s

this. he's a marketing con man charlatan.
people are so gullible.

>muh fake stutter so i sound like a genius!
>im going to explain exit velocity to a room of adults like I would to an 8th grader
honestly, he only appeals to idiots. its so cringy listening to him explain trivial physics like he's tesla or something.

maybe that's whats needed to shake up the energy sector idk, but it sure is fucking annoying to people with 3 digit iqs

>it's a financially illiterate retard tries into basic accounting
I'm not a fan of Musk by any measure, but you should probably read up something like Business Administration for Dummies before posting replies this retarded.

gravity is the best example of potential energy..

Its pressure my man, not gravity.

I don't actually mind the idea of electric cars. I think it's cool. it's something different from the conventional.
what I can't stand are the people that drive them and claim they're so much more environmental than I am.

>bitter autist from Veeky Forums reveals the truth about Elon Musk
>a story of a teenage by who opened the eyes of million 'stupid normie retards kek'
You should publish a memoire before the suicide.

worse analogy.
gravity is much better.

if you dont think he's cringy you're probably just stupid or you havent watched a single panel with him. he will explain basic physics for like 10 minutes. and the audience is just silent like.. uh.. yea we know.

he made his billions in an era where they were handing out free money. mark cuban tier.
i respect what he'd doing from an ideological standpoint but he's still an autismo.

This is kind of sad desu.

>theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s
>gets yelled at by dad for being a faggot
>thinks car guys don't know what a fucking Model S is
>thinks his base model handles like a Ferrari
>"OMG CARBON MONOXIDE KILLS YOU"
>"hurr it's a spaceship"
Musk needs to eliminate these people to improve his brand. maybe have the car hit a brick wall with them inside and claim it was the algorithm placing zero value on their lives?

>it feels like a ferrari
He's never driven a Ferrari, it won't ever be one. It does not feel like one at all

it feels like a Ferrari
the plastic one on his friend's shelf, bought from Walmart

>he will explain basic physics for like 10 minutes
So? It's good marketing aimed at investors. That's one of his main functions as a CEO.
>from an ideological standpoint but he's still an autismo
Wew non-statement consisting of inane /pol9k/ buzzwords. Looking forward to more brilliant analysis.

because radiation
niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/

LOL retarded aurduino hobbyist numales actually believe they know more than tuners. it's like they dont even realize r/c cars have been a thing for 30 years.

this picture sums up the mindset of a numale perfectly. le getting back at the world.

>So? It's good marketing aimed at investors
Exactly.. I literally said that in my first post and you got butthurt. He's a great marketer.
Fanboys like you are stupid as fuck ahahaha

>con man charlatan
>fanboys ahahaha
This site is 18+. Please, leave.

ideology isn't a buzzword bro

Great argument!

>Veeky Forums ebay reseller pretending to be a sales genius detected
*tip*

I have found that "tuners" also don't know shit.

>pretending to be a sales genius
Wut. You don't have to samefag, buddy, your underage ebin trolling is not particularly exciting.

This thread has been done a jillion times, fuck off.

Sure, tell that to every electrician and electrical engineer ever.

Because uneducated people are afraid of what they don't understand and are resistant to change

>people are afraid of what they don't understand and are resistant to change
you're half right for me
I know what's coming, I don't like it if Musk is at the helm

>electric cars can compete with ICE

Please kill yourself post haste.

>hurr our car isn't an overpriced gimmick full of half-assery and shitty compromises
>durr you're just all stupid unwashed plebs
Nice trip, Elon.

nigga until Tesla or any electric car company can mass produce their cars, no change is coming.

I could only imagine if Musk showed up here for an AMA
it would be chaos

The thread reads
>Why does Veeky Forums hate electric motors ?
Many cars have electric motors. Not sure why you are spazzing out about one company

>electric cars can compete with ICE
The sales numbers agree, good observation

In what way are Teslas not mass produced?

kek I would love to see that.

Electric motors are fine, the real downside is energy storage.

While an EV may one day be better than a ICE they dont have the same feel.

No really, end your life.

EVs are shit.

>heartbreaker
he's here to troll u playing le devils advocate. he does it in every thread. if you question him he will post a picture of him changing a clutch on an expensive car as some kind of validation for his opinions.

theres no question teslas are bad quality meme cars.
and nothing on them was invented by musk.
GE motors.. Panasonic batteries.. built in copied BMW factories..

but theres also no question that the future is not with gasoline.
hes playing normies like a fiddle and its working.

I'm only mentioning Musk by name because his company is the biggest driving force in the EV market right now. My issues with EVs stem from charging time, vehicle weight, and the tendency to "app-ify" any car with an electric motor.

Teslas are solid cars, they're fast, they're comfy, they've got great range (500miles is more than most of the shitty econo-sportsmobiles that Veeky Forums drives which is proof in itself that it's plenty) sure you've got to pay an early adopter tax but they're great cars in their own right. The problem stems from their supporters thinking that electric is better and their detractors thinking that electric is worse. Just like how stancefags think destroying a car looks good and sane human beings don't, just like how tuners think a 650hp j2z is cooler than a 650hp v8 and muscle car guys think the opposite. Why do we have to fight, can't we just all get along and like each others cars? (Except for those fucking stancefags)

>can't we just all get along and like each others cars?
no you faggot. back to speedhunters with ur gay rhetoric.

My problem is that Teslas are shit, there fan boys ruin any cred they ever had.

The hyperloop is stupid, cause creating vaccums is a bad idea,Especialy without a Vaccum break.

But, MY BIGGEST ISSUE, that they dont last, like say a battery pack for a EV car is $4k, and every 7 years you need a new battery pack.

With that in mind, my corolla is 28 years old, its cost me $1900 and probaby $2k in repairs and up keep, so: if a tesla needs a new battery pack every 7 years and costs $4k so ypu wpuld need to spend $12k to keep it on the road as long as my corolla

>the year is 2022
>Mercedes has perfected autopilot software
>BMW creates award-winning electric motors
>Audi produces outstanding new batteries
>the Japanese are not falling behind at all
>companies compete collaborate and own the market

>Tesla releases Model S P420D with fashionable 2012 interior that does 0-60 in 1 second while fully depleting the battery and occasionally setting it ablaze
>Autopilot is scheduled to be released within next decade
>Reddit is still ecstatic about Elon 'The Space Boy' Musk
>SolarCity market cap surpasses Apple, despite company not being able to self-sustain
>SpaceX engineers now work for food, free T-shirts and stern fatherly looks from Elon
>first pre-order customers begin to receive Model 3
Heard it here first, folks.

the 100D (longest range model) doesn't to anywhere near 500 miles. looking at Tesla's own site (70 F temp with AC off going 65MPH), it gets 351. you CAN get 514 by going 45 the whole trip, but who measures range with such stupid conditions as that?
it's impressive range regardless, but try not to oversell it. we get enough "magic tesla car" as it is

>Teslas are solid cars
Yes.
>they're fast
Yes.
>they're comfy
No.
>they've got great range
No.
>but they're great cars in their own right
No.
>can't we just all get along and like each others cars?
No.

See, this is exactly what I hate. What in the FUCK is the reason for putting a giant fucking touchscreen in there? Why in the hell do we have to ditch a conventional speedometer and then put it on the touchscreen that is in the middle of the dash?

The missus old Ion was like that and we hated it

selling to "techies", the kind of people who know nothing of technology, but bought the new iPhone first so they're "an expert"

because it's marketed to normals. retarded normals are the only people buying them.
that and retarded benchracers who think its cool to go to 1/8th miles and beat faster cars.
it's literally autism on wheels, dude.

no point getting butthurt about it.

the Model S is about the same weight as the S class, 7 series, and a8.

charging time is irrelevant unless you are less than 10% of drivers.

considering I run with low fuel pretty often, I might be in that niche. Plus, I find the S class to be far nicer inside than the Model S. they used that extra weight for interior stuff, not drivetrain.

>charging time is irrelevant
If you're a worthless NEET maybe. For everyone else the difference between filling up in 5 minutes and spending an hour near a charging point is quite relevant. Not to mention Supercharging actually degrades the battery quite significantly.

fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm

most people drive less than 80 miles per day.

the best charging for the life of the battery is 120V with an adapter, and is about 3-5 miles for each hour of charging depending on the circuit breaker.

but then the question becomes how often do I remember to charge and what happens if I do take a trip beyond the range limit?

I have nothing against people using electric cars
I just won't, I dont want to see ICEs banned and full fledged electrics have no place in motorsport because they always get btfo

I drive about 120. long commute

The prices will ultimately drop when electric driving becomes an every commodity. I would compare it to an oil change

>want to long-distance travel in my car
>have to plan the trip around chargers and waiting time
Wow. The future is here.

which can be done over night at home. when grid demand is low and prices low.
plan ahead to make sure there is a supercharger or a generic DC fast charger on the route.

gasoline cars had this problem too until the 80s. fuel economy sucked and the interstates needed time to develop and have gas stations at damn near every exit.

you're a tiny minority, and should probably move. because you are being incredibly unproductive with that long commute.

>fast charge
And wreck my batteries?

less than an hour each way, shorter time than my old NYC commute.

cant wrench on a battery

>>muh fake stutter so i sound like a genius!

it's called a speech impediment

and how the hell does it make someone sound like a genius?

you're retarded

>its so cringy listening to him explain trivial physics like he's tesla or something.
HE LITERALLY HAS A PHYSICS DEGREE

not true.
anyone can, once

batteries only take a hit if they get hot and stay hot. which could corrode the lithium anode.

EV batteries have gotten better about tolerating heat in the past few years. Tesla has liquid cooling for their pack.

fast charging is also something you are supposed to do infrequently. using 240v or 120v for majority of your charging.

he acquired a speech impediment at age 35?
watch his old interviews he doesnt have one.
he's 100% fedora tipper.

and I didn't say he didnt know physics. improve your reading comprehension.

retarded fanboys i swear..

battery packs are incredibly easy to self fix. provided you follow some basic electricity safety. people have been changing out bad cells in Prius packs since they first came out.

everything else is whole component replacement and fairly straight forward.

it's an anxiety stutter. I do the same thing unless i'm really confident about what i'm speaking about.

can you remove most of the batteries from the model S and make it faster? like dropping most of it, having fun at the strip/ time attack/ conefagging/etc then putting it back on and have range to go home.

I honestly like Teslas, but I 100% agree here. I do not want a giant fucking touchscreen in my dash board. I hate that all cars are starting to have them nowadays. Even cars that I love otherwise, if they have a touchscreen in them, I will always hold a little bit of hatred inside.

No, but you could theoretically build another mini pack and swap between them, if you were able to come up with a BMS that worked with the cars firmware. People have already built third party motor controllers, only a matter of time til people start making their own packs.

there's nothing in a modern ev that hasn't been in r/c.
its the exact same thing scaled up.

rc even did it all first.

Oh and you can pull apart a rear end, rebuild an engine or pretty much diagnose an odd noise?

the whole pack drops by removing 4 bolts. though you then have to drain the battery coolant.

you could make a light pack. then you have to worry about all the changes to handling and traction that would cause.

though I wouldn't try to pop out thousands of individual cells and put them back in constantly. I would have a normal pack and a track pack.

real talk guys: AC or DC?
I say DC because I wouldn't mind changing the brushes every few thousand miles for crazy power and torque

>4 bolts
Actually 34 bolts, but close

> though you then have to drain the battery coolant.
No you don't, there's a self sealing rapidmate connector. Just have to purge system after swap.

the one shoved in his anus you mean?

>HE LITERALLY HAS A PHYSICS DEGREE
So it suddenly becomes not cringy to baby talk basic physics to people if you have a degree?

Also, lots of people have physics degrees. It doesn't automatically make you Stephen Hawking.

>$30 to chamge a battery pack at a shop
> $10 to do it yourself
Changing a battery pack will NEVER compare to an oil change you retarded numale

except that one day, you'll be able to strip all the batteries out of your tesla and use the equivilent of a AA to run the whole thing for 1k miles

>running a car on a single AA
what kind of battery tech does it use? does it channel the force of /r9k/ masturbating?