>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums

/dbt/ map of "I totally ran into you by accident bro":
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
Boring webbums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_r5QFuHCzuo
ebay.com/itm/M10-banjo-bolt-copper-washer-set-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Honda-Yamaha-Triumph-Ducati-KTM-/181418466934?hash=item2a3d621e76:g:6jIAAMXQ3kNTfaze&vxp=mtr
zx6r.com/service-manuals/12588-1995-1997-kawasaki-zx-6r-service-manual.html
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link
helimot.com/collections/boots/products/road-star-gtx
alpinestars.com/gp-plus-r-v2-airflow-leather-jacket-1#.WRpcgNyLkvI
alpinestars.com/missile-airflow-leather-pants#.WRpc4dyLkvI
sharp.dft.gov.uk/testsratings/bell-qualifier-dlx
sharp.dft.gov.uk/testsratings/agv-k5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wish i had the money for dumb projects
pic related was like 60€, but the insurance would cost me more than twice that every year

>new rev'it jerez pro gloves come in
>379 dollars
>right gloves has thumb stitching coming out

excellent, that was the last fucking pair in stock too.

I want a bike under £1500 to (potentially) do deliveries but to also keep up with motorway speeds, what do you all recommend?

Any 500 except the GS500. Ninja a best.

Posting again cause I'm a nigger. I need a mid range helmet that looks good and does it's job properly. Quality stuff, but nothing too expensive. Looking at AGV's K5, and liking it, but would love more options. Can anyone please help a fagget out

if it puts out 50 hp or more and has any luggage options at all youll be fine. more than fine even

Aprilia RS 125

K5 is a good helmet. Just get it.

CB250

It's comfy af.

posting pussy on a worksafe board

>tfw first baiku sitting broken in the corner
I wish I had the money to restore a bike for purely nostalgia reasons.

how legal is suspension modification up there?
you should totes get a girder front

repost from last 3ad:

Thanksgiving:
>ride first baiku to visit extended family
>elderly great-aunt (?) reminisces about other relatives who rode
>says she never was on a motorcycle herself
>I haven't been riding very long
>say "I haven't been riding very long, but maybe this summer I can take you for a pillion ride"

Now:
>about to leave town
>contacted distant relatives to say hello before leaving
>have ridden a bunch more
>still never taken a pillion tho
>my neighbor rides
should I ask him to be a pillion so I can practice /dbt/?

nohomo of course

>also I need to get elderly great-aunt a helmet

+1 cracking little bike

MAMI

SAUNA

SAATANA

BERKELEEEEEEEEEE :---------D

I got $7 Pakistani MC gloves that double as work gloves they are flawless after 3 years.

With motorcycle themed shit you mostly get ripped the fuck off. Consider HD MC boots, which are regular-ass made in Taiwan work boots only with an HD logo a different coating and they cost $275 instead of $45.

Just do it, he might not accept anyway.

If he does, offer him a brojob and a six pack as thanks.

No homo.

>>>>>>>>>>>Benis in Bagina XDDDDDD

I know you're trying to bait me, but you really are an absolute fucking moron.

>$7 Pakistani MC gloves that double as work gloves they are flawless after 3 years.
wew lad. Have you crashed in them?

>Consider HD MC boots
I don't think anyone here considers these at all, let alone as a central example of gear you need to shell out for.

Fuck, am I getting baited?

Uhh, as long as it looks somewhat stock I don't have to be afraid of cops forcing me to get the piece of shit inspected. I swapped the rear shock for a Bandit 1200 shock and I'm never gonna get shit for that because how could you tell unless you had a stock GSX-F to compare the height to? So it's like "unless it's obvious it's illegal, it's (((legal)))"

>rear footpeg down

Been getting some huh?

>those tits have more CCs than the bike

I don't crash cause I'm too good.

Tbh the knuckles shattered on the $7 Pakistani gloves when I punched a wall to show them off.

Stitching held up still. Google Xelement. Or Xlement. Some shit. Its good gear if you're cheap and place only token regard for your own life or comfort. You won't find much hi-viz nomex kevlar snuggles there. Made for 3rd world markets.

They have more ccs than pretty much all bikes

>if you're cheap and place only token regard for your own life or comfort.
ok but if that was me I would just go with mechanix wear or the troy lee airs I use for riding my mountain bike

Alright man, thanks. That's honestly exactly what I wanted to hear. The thing looks sexy as fuck and isn't Pista expensive

I confess, I'm pretty much the normalest of normalfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=_r5QFuHCzuo

for the same money, look into the AGV Veloce, if you want a quieter, more touring style helmet.

Are really small bikes, like 200cc, not great starter bikes like we've all told ourselves?

Sure, they're really easy to learn on. Yes, they're lighter and more forgiving, making it easier to recover if you fuck up.

On the other hand, they're so easy to ride that as soon as a new rider gets comfortable with the fundamentals it's too easy to get overconfident.

I did way more sketchy things on my 200 than I ever did on my 650, right up to the day I sold it. The 650 actually intimidated me so I took it a lot easier. The 200 felt like a toy.

Not an anime fan, but that scene was pretty funny. Name of the show?

Bakuon!!

I'm somewhere in between, and that's what people are saying the K5 is for. But thanks man, I appreciate any input. It will be my first non garbage helmet

honestly, i think its important to learn how to appreciate a small meme bike. i think if in the us, every rider stayed below 45 horse (650 one banger) for the first 2-3 years of their riding career is important. learning how to get by with technique instead of raw power. ive only been riding about 3 years now, and riding a small boike and being stupid on it, has actually given me a lot of self restraint, and taught me how to slow down and appreciate the quality of a nice ride, rather than the speed. dont get me wrong, racing through twisties is fun, but if that's all you're doing, i think you're missing out on a lot of scenery that you could appreciate more if you had to be stuck behind a car. but thats just my two cents

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a M10 aluminum banjo bolt washer? I'm not paying $7 shipping for a $1 washer but I'm about to.

>he doesn't ride with his rear footpegs down at all times to pay respects to fallen riders

SAD!

Yes and no. They're perfectly fine and a lot of people like the smaller CC bikes but most riders outgrow them. They'll get great MPGs and it's kinda fun to whip around a shitty little bike but you'll be able to ride them flat out without killing yourself easier than a larger bike.

ebay.com/itm/M10-banjo-bolt-copper-washer-set-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Honda-Yamaha-Triumph-Ducati-KTM-/181418466934?hash=item2a3d621e76:g:6jIAAMXQ3kNTfaze&vxp=mtr

Have you tried ebay? Almost all have free shipping

Is a bike's transmission supposed to be hot?
I feel like that's probably a part that shouldn't be hot.
I let my bike sit for a while, and the exhaust and engine were cold. But the bottom end was still hot. The crank case, by the chain, and the starter.

Am I just overthinking? The oil's probably settling in the bottom.

K5 is supposed to be their entry level helmet, where as veloce is the mid level helmet and is basically a more touring version of the Corsa.

I agree. Speed isn't everything. Sometimes when I ride and the weather is nice and all is well, I look up into the sky and think about how beautiful bikes are, and how lucky I am to own one. It almost makes me tear up. Even though I'm on a 125

not to mention it really makes you double think passing once you get a big bike. if you decide you have to pass someone, you really have to think about it on a small bike, especially if its not a perfectly clean flat straight away

I hear what you're saying. I definitely appreciate slow bikes, and enjoying your scenery and surroundings is a huge part of riding in my opinion. It's hard for me to be objective because I started on a 2-stroke 80cc off road, upgraded to a 125cc two stroke, and by the time I got my first street legal bike (a 200cc four stroke) I was way overconfident. I rode flat out and generally flogged the hell out of that bike. Had two collisions with other cars, and definitely was at least part to blame both times. I rode over curbs, split lanes in inappropriate situations, darted through gaps in traffic, and was generally reckless. I probably toned it down a little over time, but I don't remember for sure.

When I sold the 200 and bought my 650 at 19 (even then just a single cylinder ~35-40hp bike) it intimidated the hell out of me. I was a lot more cautious from day one, took my time getting used to it, gave myself lots of space, and honestly haven't had any close calls that were my fault at all since.

Still appreciate just cruising around, exploring my environment though. I could get on the interstate and rail my commute out at 85mph, but when I ride to work I find myself cruising through low traffic surface streets and taking alternate routes, puttering around at the speed limit and taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells. Sometimes on the way home I just get distracted and end up wandering part of the city for a half hour or more.

Both valid points.

That's in England tho.

training bike?

What do the numbers at the bottom of the relay mean?

Mine says CF308A 6.8
all the others are cf308a but with different number under them, any idea what they mean?

the relays are off a 97 zx6

Probably just a manufacturing batch number or quality control inspectors number or something.

I wouldn't worry about it user.

sounds good to me. need to track one down now.

Post chicken strips

Good brand of gloves for a noob?

Going to be taking a 3 day training course and i have everything besides gloves (course said helmets would be provided).

Not really sure what to look for, i have gloves i use at work but theyre textured grip and thin material.

That relay looks solid state but may be mechanical and sealed. Being a four pin that means one power and one ground to operate the relay and one power and one output to feed the fuel pump.
That means it could be replaced with a common relay. Now ya need to find which wires go to which connections on the socket.

Then you can jump the power to the fuel pump at the socket. If pump runs, it's either the relay or an issue with the power and ground switching that relay.

Here's my response from the previous thread in case ya missed it:

Is this correct? zx6r.com/service-manuals/12588-1995-1997-kawasaki-zx-6r-service-manual.html

The download link is good.

Relay is an oddball shape so check on the forums to see if anyone has replaced it with a common Bosch style relay.

You can map the relay socket noting power and ground and if any aren't used by comparing to the schematic even though the relay isn't marked.

I'd just open the fucker and know for sure then keep it for troubleshooting.

You can usually pop the cover off most relays with a sharp pocket knife then use that relay to see if it's getting power to operate. I don't know about that one but if it were mine I'd open the fucker and get a replacement to eliminate the relay since you know the pump works. You can also manually actuate most relays with the cover removed by pushing it with something non-conductive. Relays are cheap and having a test relay in your stash is useful. Don't forget to double check your fuses, and check fuse block for corrosion where fuses plug in.

There are lots of fuel pump threads for the Googling:

Use this search term: "zx600 fuel pump relay"

Hard to see in the shit light
Anything leather with a palm gaurd will work for now

SAM SPAM NIGGERS

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Any idea how much i can expect to spend?
Right now im trying to keep it under 50 bucks

Would Mechanix gloves work?
I have a few pairs of those

>All these people with fucking chickens on Veeky Forums

I keep seeing them. I'm confused.

Dude for the purposes of a training course, literally a leather work glove will be fine.

ive got a full diagram of my zx6 fuel system.
me and a buddy have tested every wire involving the fuel pump and the relay, were getting power, ground, and continuity. we're having a problem 100% saying its the relay. I've been searching kawi forums and not many answers have been helpful, and i did find one thread where he seems to be having the same problem as me, but no one ended up answering it.

i'd gladly open this relay, but a proper replacement relay is about 36 bucks and im having a hard time actually getting one, calling multiple dealers and repair stores to get one,

>he doesnt have a chicken
wtf user you do realize youre on a chicken forum, right?

Alright, ill just use my Mechanix gloves.

So question about helmet sizing:

Do i buy a helmet a size bigger than what i would wear or should i buy exact size and expect it to break in so it fits looser?

Coworker was telling me thst different helmet brands fit people differently and to expect the helmets to loosen up a little bit as theyre broken in.

the correct size will feel a little too snug at first, but there shouldn't be any specific pressure points.

>he doesn't have chickens

IRL they are good enough.

this:
It should feel snug, but not uncomfortable. The padding compresses a bit over time.

In that case since you know what goes where, I'd use a heavy duty Bosch relay and socket from an auto parts store and solder the socket wires to the connections inside the old relay after cutting it open, obvious objective to save the connector. That way you won't disturb your harness. Common Bosch relays are used for car fuel pumps and are likely an upgrade. Harley uses them for starter relays.

A cutting wheel on a Dremel or angle grinder works well for gently opening such things. Start far away from the connector to see what's inside.

What are some good sport/touring boots for preferably with wide feet?
Just had my second pair of Alpinestars break in under a year
Looking at the Dainese TRQs

What are your results jumping the relay to port power to the pump?

If you put a test light between the switched power to the relay and the ground for that power and turn on the ignition, does it light?

im considering getting a regular relay, but i dont know if me or my buddy can read this diagram well enough to try to put in a standard relay.

also, a bit of a silly question; theres no way the carbs on my bike can send an electrical signal telling the fuel pump to kick on, can they? As far as I can tell, its simply the coil sending a signal to the relay to tell it when to kick the fuel pump on.

is there anything I can be missing before I go trying to put in a regular relay in there?

Were currently ohm testing the relay to what my fsm says, and currently im getting literally no readings from the relay at all.

i dont have a test light, but we used the multimeter to get a reading of the switched power by blipping the starter button, i dont have the starter unhooked, so i only blipped it for a second, with key turned power on the signal wire read 0. When I did blip the throttle, i did get a reading of I believe 6v before I let go of the starter switch, didnt want it to crank for more than a second.

technically mechanics gloves will work, sometimes you can find real gloves on sale, but realistically you'' be spending 60-100 for a cheap good pair
i used to have chickens
but not any more

>tfw no chicken

>fireblade being an autist

I want to take a motorbike for a LONG journey. 1k Miles, across borders.

Obviously a touring-motorcycle would be best for this, but I'm wondering whether I could do the same on a scooter?

An additional question. I want to take a lot of stuff with me so I want a trailer at the back of my motorcycle. Could a scooter do this?

Thanks in advanced.

>LONG journey
>1k Miles
1000 miles is a days ride m8 start with 3k miles

I hear good things about Daytonas.

can it be done on a scooter? probably
with a trailer? no, i garuntee that no scooter has the brakes for it. everyone says "oh you need so much power to get a trailer going"
not really, a trailer at most weighs a few hundred pounds, and thats basically the weight of a large passenger. but you have to stop these few hundred pounds, and thats where you want a disk brake in back and dual disk brakes in front, and plus, a motorcycle's manual transmission will make it a lot easier to chug along with your weight, because you can down shift and really scream the engine up a steep hill if you have to.
also if you've never done a long ride, start doing them. if your first ride longer than an hour or two is a 12 hour ride, youll be miserable

1k miles isn't far

Yeah I'm looking at those as well.
They're the rolls Royce supposedly.

I could stomach the fact that they cost $430 if they survive a couple of years of continuous daily use.

HOW RIDE BIKE

TWIST THROTTLE

HOW SHIFT
WHERE CLUTCH

>they cost $430
helimot.com/collections/boots/products/road-star-gtx

aiiiiiii

>xr1200
hell yeah, best sportster
if i had one of those, i'd mod the hell out of it

This good?
alpinestars.com/gp-plus-r-v2-airflow-leather-jacket-1#.WRpcgNyLkvI
+
alpinestars.com/missile-airflow-leather-pants#.WRpc4dyLkvI

Bell Qualifier DLX

Go on ebay and look for 'pursuit' or 'stealth' leather gloves. You'll find knockoffs of icon pursuits around 20 bucks and they're surprisingly good quality, bought 2 pairs and they're pretty damn comfortable after being broken in.

I personally would get a helmet by the by, the helmets at my course were pretty fucking raunchy and they didnt even have headsocks

This. I have one, my father has one, my mother has one, my sister has one, and 3 of my friends have them.

You want "bang for your buck", this is the way to go.

Vented black is such a silly combination unless you're planning to fall off things all the time and don't want the skid marks to show.

long distance riding on a motorcycle is a meme. you have to go to insane lengths just to get a modicum of comfort and even then you're subjecting yourselves to all the risks of motorcycle riding for almost no reason at that point....doing the speed limit for 1000 miles? yeah, real fun.

just get a convertible if you want to do that shit.

sharp.dft.gov.uk/testsratings/bell-qualifier-dlx

sharp.dft.gov.uk/testsratings/agv-k5

t. never went long distance on a bike

hes literally not wrong

Dude wasn't looking for maximum protection, just something affordable and appealing.

Hence, our picks stand.

sv650 or cb600 hornet for first bike under 2000€ in Krautland? wanted to get a cb400sf but they weren't sold here :(

>"stop liking what I don't like" edition