/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

>Got stabbed by the coked-up bug:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

SotFS is best souls

actually it's almost a trillion souls

Was this host to low SL to witness such an act?

>raises shield

>Considering going 40/16/30/30 on a pyro to get use out of Ringed Knight weapons
y/n?

Either way it's fucking dumb.

I remember back when DaS1 was the fresh new thing, and there was a point where I tried to max out a character and just rand through the game continuously. Ended up at NG+20 something and barely broke level 350. It was sad.

Is Gundyr's Halberd or ring tradeable/will I get banned for having both on a NG file?

He is the npc that transports you to the Painted World of Ariandel. Basically, this fucker is a huge waifufag who literally ate the dark soul so that it would make fresh pigment with his blood and allow the painter loli to create a new world without gods and undead.

I got to max in DS1 a few times

with the dragon head and megamule

>from tries to balance the new katana and the crossbow by giving it low durability
>mfw I picked up a habit of having 99 repair powders on my item slot at all times from DaS2

Epickā„¢ kill dog

N
Ringed Knight weapons have A) only around 20 fire AR B) E/E scaling in Int and Faith
Combine that and even at 60/60 you will only have like 20+4 fire damage.

thanks

Unironically this.

>gorillian souls later
>only went up about 70 levels

do they honestly believe anyone could ever legitimately get to these levels

>people actually bought the same game twoce

stop spamming ur shitty wembs kid, fuck off no surprise its a PCuck kys

Haha don't you see user! You aren't supposed to be that powerful! Dark Souls is a hard game and you need to learn that it is a struggle and you can never attain true power! Thanks based Miyazaki for teaching us such powerful lessons :^)

This is a PCuck general, retard.

No, that's why the soft cap of 40 exists. The actual "max" level is much lower, they only ever let you hit 99 in every stat for shits and giggles.

lol

did bkgs unlock wombo combo get nerfed by negging the stunlock frames?

if this is true I'm about to dedicate my life to assassinating miyazaki and all fromsoft and namco executives.

Is there some comprehensive encyclopedia of any leaked lore for this DLC? I don't even know what the Ringed City and haven't touched DS3 since last June or so but someone spoiled some shit in a thread on /v/ and now I'm curious since I want to know how it all ends.

someone tested it on a mob and it didn't seem to work, but I'm not sure if that's reliable evidence for PvP

Yes, it's gone now.

Dark Souls 1 is like Symphony of the Night for the Castlevania series. Every casual acts like the above two are sacred cows whereas actual fans know that other games in the series are superior.

Can I still respec with rosaria even if I've sworn allegiance to the darkmoon covenant

Yes

reposting from dead thread

on steam, am I supposed to have the Ringed City in my list of DLCs already?

I bought the season pass before Ariandel came out and it added "season pass" and "ashes of ariandel", but the ringed city is still not listed, is that normal?

oh my fucking god it was the only fucking thing making the bkgs viable and actually required some skill, holy fucking shit I'm mad, I'm a dex/caster fag mainly but god fucking damn it why does miyazaki hate heavy builds so much HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WTF!

TRC isn't out yet.

If it truly is gone, then I'm sad but also not surprised. Just baiting a guy into trading with you at close range meant you could end him by hitting him for 1600 damage. It probably would be broken as all hell now that UGSes have that extra forward momentum with their first R1 (meaning you can close the distance before doing the space launch).

Given the two-hit-roll-out rule, this may just mean that people will initiate the trade with the R2 backswing, rather than starting with an R1. That would still do tons of damage, just not one-shot territory.

don't worry user; if you wanna do a lot of damage you can slap blessed weapon on a 66 str exile for 797 physical, or just use the monastery scimitar's infinite combo with DMB and a pontiff eye ring

THAT'S NOT EVEN THE FUCKING GIF i WANTED!!!!! AHAHHAHAAHA!!!!

Can someone show me how Gaels GS and ringed knight SS look strapped to the back?
Firelink set would be nice too.

whats the softcap for int/fai

Anyone wanna give a hand with nameless king ng+3? Password DSG

at least the healing eye ring doesn't work for some reason

Bandai Namco said in a live stream they're releasing a weapon and armor pack DLC alongside the GOTY edition for $5.

- Channeler's Trident
- Gold Tracer
- Gravelord Sword
- Silver Tracer
- Quelaag's Fury Sword
- Red Iron Twinblade
- Scythe of Want
- Smelter Hammer
- Velka's Rapier
- Yorgh's Spear
- Aurous Set
- Chester's Set
- Great Lord's Set
- Hawkeye Gough's Set
- Imported Set
- Jester's Set
- King's Set
- Lord's Blade Ciaran's Set
- Northwarder Set
- Shadow Set
- Wanderer Set

Thoughts?

60 for both

What was the point of Dark Souls 2, does Ringed City expand on it more?

Your anus must be really loose from you pulling all this stuff from your ass.

it's absolutely broken at low levels.

Yes. Miyazaki sucks the Iron King's cock in the DLC even though it was the worst.

Why do you lie on the internet, user?

>no silver knight weapons
It's fucking trash

gonna need a source

>typing all this out just for bait

Is there a connection between the Preacher Locusts and the Demon of Song? Their faces look pretty similar.

DS2's focus was about the undead curse

How would we know? The areas weren't in the patch

>No bone fist
>No silver knight weapons
>No giant's set

You're just a cruel liar, you know that?

>All these fags trying to pull off the curved sword whatever meme spin infinite on me
>They always try to trade with my UGS
What the fuck are these people thinking

I dunno, I'm just speculating, since they're both encountered in waterlogged areas as well.

>why does miyazaki hate heavy builds so much HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WTF!
they didn't nerf the combo on purpose, it was just a side effect of the other adjustments

Demon of song face is slightly different in the mouth region but the eyes and overall shape are almost identical

is there a up to date list of item IDs?

>What the fuck are these people thinking
something along the lines of
>"haha this'll teach this nerd whose boss!"

They think those weapons are auto-win buttons and abandon any sense or knowledge of mechanics.

>why does miyazaki hate heavy builds so much HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WTF!
hey, he stole dexfag's exile cgs and gave it to str

Yep. Cry with me.

my favorite is when they don't even build into it properly and end up not having enough stamina to kill you

They probably did remove it, but that could have been the elevation difference messing it up

Exile never belonged to dex builds, the thing's fucking massive, weighs a ton and requires 24 strength to wield. It's obvious it was meant to be a strength CGS. It even has the lowest dex requirements of the entire weapon class. Old Wolf and Murakumo are the 2 dex CGS, with murakumo being more for quality builds.

Dark Souls 2 had a lot of impact on the story of 3 actually

- Without Aldia the curse would've never been broken and the pilgrims would never exist
- Catacombs of Carthus was built under the Iron King's domain
- Without the Ivory King and Chosen Undead's help, the chaos would've never died out
- Drang(leic) sold giants as slaves to Lothric rather than treating them as friends like in Lordran
- Profaned Capital was formerly Forossa

This is all just from base game by the way. Who knows if TRC will add anything, seeing Earthen Peak makes me hopeful.

>thinking they need to do this much work to generate money
all they have to add is the giant set and it's literally equivalent of printing money, make some cheesy ass video that plays on the DLC page add in some lame MLG edits and the little nerds will be tripping over shit to get mamas credit card.

except for PCkangznshit we will just collector's edition that shit in :^)

>Profaned Capital was formerly Forossa

VAATI?

Nobody likes you Vaati.

Nope.

So now that the equipment's been leaked, what's looking to be the best build for the DLC?

Where is the best place to learn more about the lore of these games?

I think i may be retarded because i can't figure anything out in game from cut-scenes,dialog and item descriptions.

I mostly just play for the combat mechanics and weapon variety but i would like to learn more about what the fuck is going on.

the ringed city is drangelic right?

exile curved greatsword
with offhand exile curved greatsword

anyone?

>man with big sword who shits out damage

perfect

can you hit it uncharged

That's pretty much the extent of the lore. You can take the information you read and speculate to your hearts content. It's designed to be vague and full of holes.

Depending on how you feel about storytelling, you're probably better off just not thinking about it much and continuing to play the games for just the gameplay and mechanics.

world is fuk
the fire fads and returns, back and forth, forever ))>

I want to switch my boring dex build to a int/fth build. Anyone have anything fun I can try? SL100 merc.

no you fucking idiot

then what is it. im like 95% sure its drangelic castle

best way to farm proof of a concord kept?

If you don't want to do Pyromancy like a sane person would you can try to do Dark Sorceries.

hey, i tried making this map since i couldn't find any good-looking graphic representation of the game (there were flowcharts and stuff already but that sucks). any ideas for improvements or anything i'm missing?

I just feel like i am missing out on something that other people seem to understand and enjoy but bewilders me, i generally don't play games for the story, which is why games like W3 bored me to death.

Kill silver knights for a week.

The DLC. You can access AOA from the Cathedral of the Deep, and TRC from either there or the Kiln.

is there an easy way to get summoned to defend people
also checked

You can go youtube some 'lore' with their yesmen or you can throw your question out here and have a dozen different user fight over giving their answer and slinging insults.

Looks good, only thing I'd add is connecting Firekeep to High Wall.

And

Yeah, I excluded it because it's technically not fully out and I don't want spoilers.

Leave game running for the night

You need a more clear distinction that Firelink is a disconnected warp.
Separate it from the kiln but show that warping from FL is the only way to get to kiln and Lothric Castle. This would also be useful for the DLCs and archdragon.

You can have you and 2 other friends upgrade your weapons to +10 at SL 30 or something and have one of them invade the other and consistently get summoned in as a blue in the other friend's world since you'll be nearly the only people at such a low SL with weapons at such a high upgrade level.

These would suffice. Perhaps color coding the hex borders to better illustrate progression? That could make it too busy - so take this with a grain of salt.