Used wagon with manual transmission

I'm trying to find an import wagon with a manual transmission. I'd like an Accord but they're a bit hard to find and not be autotragic. I see a fuckton of Subarus, but I'm reluctant on those.

My budget is about $5k and I can fix basic shit like the radiator and brakes, and I'm in WI.

Help?

Other urls found in this thread:

madison.craigslist.org/cto/6132405041.html
amceaglesden.com/guide/Automatic_to_Manual_Transmission_Swap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sometimes you can find a v70 with one

That's pretty high on my list, I found this, but it may be a bit much for me to work on.

madison.craigslist.org/cto/6132405041.html

you have more budget to work with, find a better one

Good point, however a lot of cars that age around here are rusty as fuck.

And I'm trying to go as low as I can so I can put into my IRA.

AMC EAGLE
M
C

E
A
G
L
E

The manual transmission is really rare though, but you can swap the TorqueShite for a Borg-Warner T5 if you're reasonably handy.

t5 a shit
who could live with one of those turds. hate how they shift

Sexy car

That motherfucking thing looks like a tank

What kind of handiness is required?

If changing oil is hard, run the fuck away.
amceaglesden.com/guide/Automatic_to_Manual_Transmission_Swap
This guide can be vague at times, but on that same site is a not-completely-dead-yet forum of Eagle owners who would be more than happy to help you in the process.
[spoiler]Maybe it's too much trouble. I just think Eagles are cool. If you're not up for a challenge, just get a Subaru and call it a day.[/spoiler]

novak makes an adapter for the AX15

Good luck finding an accord wagon. Those were rare to begin with. But once in a while, you'll see a mint one just pop up for sale when some old timer moves into the great beyond.

Outside of that, I'd look for a forester xt wagon with the turbo motor. Don't buy an accord that you haven't had on a lift to look for rust, and don't buy a forester that has had ANY modding done to it.

Outside of that, volvo wagons are great. Can be pricey to fix, but are generally solid.

Also, consider a first gen CR-V. Lower it, swap a B18 vtec head over to it. Do normal B18 integra mods and enjoy a high revving, ~180-200hp lightweight wagon with a multi link suspension.

Thanks for the info. Would it be expensive to have a manual put into an automatic Accord?

You'll have to pay the Honda tax, so yes. I imagine you can do it yourself, but you know how chinkshit is engineered, so it's probably going to be an ordeal. The AMC is a much older and simpler design so it should be far easier to swap a manual into it.

Good to know, thanks. Would the AMC have a different ECU for a manual that would need to be swapped in?

Most likely not. The guides I've looked at make no mention of swapping the ECU. Hell, it might not even have an ECU, being an 80s car with underpinnings dating to 1970.

The asshole won't reply. I really don't want a Subaru, but I may have to settle for it to get what I want.

If anyone's still here, is there a better site than Craigslist for private sales?