/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaInformer/status/845062886682710016/photo/1
mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaInformer/status/845062886682710016/photo/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

warp complete

Ganondorf isn't gone for good.
Convergence got it right, but downfall line is the base.
Literally none of this matters unless you care about the game lore.
We still don't know how Hylia pulled off turning back into a goddess IF it is actually her who answers the prayers.
The master sword is fucked up.
ALttP Link is strongest Link.

So I heard you can get the master sword. What's the point if it just breaks like all the other weapons?

I was saying dragon break as a joke but I looked it up and people are actually talking about the Zelda Dragon break

It regenerates after 10 mins. And it cuts guardians down like fucking butter.

It doesn't break technically, it "runs out of energy", which means it's unusable for a certain amount of time, but regenerates.

It does 30 dmg to normal enemies but 60 to Guardians.

Speciba

So, does Mipha's spear break, eventually? It's wrecking shit for me, but I don't want to overuse it on mobs if it's just going to shatter

sorry

Yeah, champion weapons all break.
The weapon smiths of each race will make you a new one for some flint, a diamond and a base version of that race's weapon.

It does but if you go back to Zora's Domain, in the back of the general store there's a smith who will reforge it for you at any time, so long as you have a diamond and a Zora Spear which you can find there in the Domain.

yes. but you can rebuild it.

What would Saria or Mido look Yahaha'd?

Also doesn't the Korok who gives you the shrine quest to follow the other jorok in the lost woods say it's her son or something? Doesn't that imply the Koroks have a life cycle and reproduce?

Which is faster, Stealth or Dark link?

Fair enough, though diamonds seem hard to come by

Actually they're not at all, there's like twenty different people who will give you diamonds in exchange for common crap.

For example in Zora's Domain a guy will give you a diamond for every ten luminous stones which are common as shit.

Is there a limit to how much you should invest in stamina or hearts until it becomes too easy? I don't want to feel too overpowered but I don't expect to play the game with three hearts either.

It's less hearts and more Armor upgrades that can make the game too easy

Stamina doesn't make the game “easier” so much as more convenient. You can climb longer/faster without stopping on ledges as often, and without having to eat stamina recovering food. you can also run and swim for longer periods of time, which is nice for simply getting around.
The only combat application is being able to spin2win longer and to be able to fire more arrows in bullet time, but both of these are kinda cheesy and abusable to begin with, even without stamina upgrades.

As for hearts, I'd say one row of hearts is about right for not getting instakilled by everything but still being able to die. As said though, it's armour upgrades that break the game.

Oh fair enough. I've only upgraded the Hylian armour once so far but that's mainly because I like wearing it for looks as it has no other buffs. Shall I not upgrade anything else then? Or is one ormore upgrades okay?

What races can cross breed in loz?

mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaInformer/status/845062886682710016/photo/1
mobile.twitter.com/ZeldaInformer/status/845062886682710016/photo/2

where's the guy located you have to win a race up some hill against?

When LttP Link was raising the dead with the Triforce, do you think he also revived all the innocent mind controlled soldiers he slaughtered?

neat nod

Don't worry about that, there will be a point in the game where you will steamroll through common monsters like Bokoblins, but you'll want to have hearts and upgraded armor ready to go in case you ever go to fight a Lynel or anything similar.

Only one we know of is Gerudo-Hylian because Gerudo don't have males of their own.

We see at least some dudes not mind controlled anymore.
They were not mentioned though. It sucks to be a nameless soldier in Hyrule. They probably lucked out.

Do gentle horses behave better than wild horses at full bond?

>crazy girl who's masturbating on an ancient ball is named Loone
cheeky cunts

A gentle horse will just complain if you try to boost when the meter is empty, wild horses will throw you off of them.

that's bull, I have three wild horses at full bond and they never throw me off for anything but getting fucking killed anymore.

Just finished that drug dealer quest. Fucking hilarious.

If I removed the underwear, what would I see?

Who?

I just got the quest to seek out the divine machines. Which direction are the busty brown muscle babes?

I know asking this question on Veeky Forums might get me a trip to the fish people as a joke but seriously, in all actual literalness...

I must know where the amazonian women are

They live in the harsh unforgiving desert in the south west.

Thank you

They're not too far in though, so if you hit the impassable sandstorm at the edge of the universe you've gone too far.

don't listen to The fish people live in the southwest, the amazons are in the desert, but the desert is to the EAST, central east, just south of death mountain.

There's this guy at Gerudo Canyon Stables who's offering you a Diamond for 50 Rushrooms. When you return, he'll insist that you had agreed on 55 shrooms. And he doesn't give you the Diamond directly; he put it in a chest behind the stables.

... the quest was always 55, user.
He asks you for 55, the quest log says 55.

>giving an addict his drugs

death mountain sounds gorony. but at least now I might have a 50/50 chance

Stop spreading lies, user.

just south of death mountain, user
the gorons are on death mountain, yes

Ah, I see. I forgot about the drug reference. Thanks.

Is there a way to see exact hours played on the switch version?

But this doesn't make sense, it means that there arent real Gerudo around

>Although their small mouths limit the size of prey items, the sharks have large throat cavities which are used as a sort of bellows valve. In this way nurse sharks are able to suck in their prey with a short, violent influx of water.

I want to fuck that fish

>Not only wanting to fuck a fish, but a dead fish

disgusting

No, just that there aren't pureblood Gerudo. Gerudo and Hylians could share a common ancestor which is why they can interbreed, but Gerudo traits could always be dominant, so all traits inherited from the mother would manifest. A trait inherited from a Hylian would have a very low chance of manifesting.

Obviously genetics and evolution in Zelda are already highly suspect and full of "a wizard did it" but it's not too far outside the realm of possibility anyway.

>Wanting to fuck a genetic failure

right back at you m8

Why does nobody talk about real best girl, Jerri (Robbie's wife)?

Zelda stop wasting time shitposting and start praying

Where can I get quick hearty bass?

>hard mode DLC called Death of the Wild
>no overworld npcs outside of main towns
>people are all tired or sick
>shops have low stock and high prices
>no stables so you can only ride wild horses
>all your friends are actually dead and you don't get blessings
>blood moon every night
>divine beasts explode after beating them and they don't fire at ganon
>towns blame you and dislike you more and more with every beast you kill
>zelda is dead and ganon beats you in a cut scene after his fight
Where's my creepy pasta edgy dlc please

Should be some here

>the giga yigas with the windcleaver still automatically one shot you during the random appearances outside the base
I've just created hard mode

Needs anti-aging rune applied

thanks broskie

There was an user here the other day who asked if Yiga disappear if hit with ancient arrows or if they get eviscerated too, the answer is yes they get destroyed like every other enemy and they don't drop anything

Was the Fierce Deity a sheikah? He does looks like one

Gerudo and Hylian are the only confirmed one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was all human races, as Sheikah and Hylians seem even closer than Gerudo and Hylian.

My big question in the Zora, though. Aside from the racist old advisor, nobody seemed to have a problem with the idea of the princess marrying a Hylian. You'd think that the king would only want her to marry someone who she could have children with.

>have you met my son
>yes
>talk to her again
>same dialogue
>select "no" option this time to see other dialogue
>she whispers "but you said earlier that you did meet him..." before continuing

This game

Holy shit that's actually really impressive.

Generally if a member of the royal family marries someone "undesirable" they abdicate and it passes on the the next one

So Sidon would be forced to marry someone

>no doujin of Link giving Loone some new balls to slobber over

>the goron at the entrance to goron city
>why are you here?
>divine beast
>he talks about vah rudania
>talk to him again
>why are you here?
>business/pleasure
>"but he was talking about some divine bees earlier"

nah hes just all the hopes and dreams of the entire town rolled into a single entity of wrath

I hope twili and hylians
I like to think Link and Midna as a family

Thanks I'm about to turn this into a rated T game.

Can some really nice user please tell me where the absolute fuck this shrine is? I've climbed and flew all over this mountain where it's supposedly at and looked all around the bottom and the top.
I feel like it's not even real at this point after two hours of looking

under here

I don't know which one that is but it's probably inside the mountain

I like to take shitty compendium photos.

My photo of Dinraal only shows the black hole it fucks off into.

There's this one underground shrine in the north of the map, right next to the target practise area were you meet the Rito guy. It's adjacent to a lake and you can see it through a crack in the rock, but I have no idea how to access it. There's aren't any bombable walls nearby, nor did I see any of those round platforms.

Right here man

Keep traveling up the river and you'll find it

Thanks.

Finally got all three with their max damage.
Guess, that's it. The wait for the DLC begins.

This is impressive, good job my dude. At what point did you finish the main quest? Wait till the end or just get it over with earlier and do side stuff later?

I finished it at the end.
It was way too easy this way, though.

I might create a second user and test some speed running just to get a challenge out of the last fight if I get bored.

has anyone actually gotten all 900 korok seeds

>just found out like 100 hrs in there is armor that gives +attack meaning it makes all weapons last 50% longer
why the FUCK didn't i do labrinyths earlier

yeah, many people did on this board.

Do star pieces drop more frequently at night?

Oh shit I need to find this

What am I doing wrong, where ARE they? I've found like 20. I'm so confused.

Well, then. I think I can start stabbing more shit with that thing with more confidence, now

go exploring my dude

You can also buy it in Tarrey Town for like 2000 Rupees a piece. A bloke there eventually moves in that sells all the chestloot only armour pieces (including the initial old worn shirt and trousers).
Nintendo gave us the option to sell armour, so this guy is there in case you do so... or I guess the other intention is to actually own multiple copies and dye them different shades to go full Fashion Link, if the Gerudo Vai vendor's urging to own a different shade is anything to go by.

Go to your profile, it's the icon on the upper left. The timer only shows up after 10 days though

You can use them to upgrade your inventory, but if you collect all 900 Nintendo literally gives you shit for it

Anyone got the Tallus World Tour map?

HOW TO FIND THOSE LITTLE LEAF-FACED CUNTS 101

CHAPTER ONE: ROCK PATTERNS
If you're ever out and about on your adventures, you might notice strange rock patterns on the ground. Strange, incomplete rock patterns. There will be a small rock nearby, stasis selection will highlight it. Place the rock in the right spot, and voila! One korok seed!

CHAPTER TWO: CUBE PATTERNS
Cube patterns are found mostly on walls, but some can be sitting on the ground instead. There's always two of them, and one of them will be missing a cube. There's a metal cube nearby, usually sitting on the complete pattern, but it can be elsewhere close by. Simply put it in place with magnesis and voila! One korok seed!

CHAPTER THREE: CIRCLES
Sometimes, you'll notice small rock formations in the water, a small circle of rocks sticking out of the surface, usually near cliffs or bridges. Again, there will be a small rock nearby, usually several. Simply toss a rock into the circle and voila! One korok seed.

CHAPTER FOUR: NATURAL HIDING SPOT
lift up every single rock you see, especially the ones in weird spots like in trees or under boulders. every single one of them. theres a korok under about 90% of suspicious rocks.

CHAPTER FIVE: LEAVES WITH FAIRY DUST
Usually in some hard to reach place, these are just koroks going about their lives, but invisible. Simply interact with the weird cloud and voila! One korok seed. Some are on the move, but none are hard to catch up to.

CHAPTER SIX: RACES/HORSE HURDLES
You may have seen one of those starting points already. A stump with an arrow on it, step on it, a ring appears and starts to count down. Get your lazy ass over to that ring before it runs out and voila! One korok seed. There's a few you'll need your horse for, but you can just mark those and come back later.

CHAPTER SEVEN: FOOD OFFERING
All throughout Hyrule, there's little food offerings, usually apples, but bananas are not unheard of. (Cont.)

Hmm someone selling new Link and Zelda SSB amiibos on amazon for $2.60 each.

Here's hoping it's not a scam.

Small frog statues, each with their own little plate, each with their own food, except one. Simply add the missing food, and voila! One korok seed.
Protip: afterwards, you can take all food items for free!

CHAPTER EIGHT: FLOWER TRAILS
You may have noticed one of these small, yellow flowers already. They disappear when you touch them. Don't fret though, a new one will pop up nearby in a second or two. Touch that one, and the next, and so on, and eventually there will be a white flower. That's the last one. Touch it, and voila! One korok seed!

CHAPTER NINE: ARCHERY
These little tests are marked by a tiny wind vane. Step up close, and one or more balloons will appear, moving more often than not. Shoot each one with an arrow, and voila! One korok seed! Be warned though, these balloon shooting ranges are not the only archery koroks. Sometimes, you'll want to shoot at suspiciously placed apples, acorns stuck in hollow trees, or anything that looks strange.

CHAPTER TEN: BOULDERS
If there's one or a few boulders just sitting there for no reason, it's usually a korok hiding spot, and there'll be a hole nearby. Use any means necessary to get the boulder in the hole, and voila! One korok seed. You'll also run into ball-and-chain situations, you can simply magnesis those into their tree stump holes.

CHAPTER ELEVEN: TREE PATTERNS
In your travels, you will run across a lot of fruit trees, usually apple trees, but cacti can grow fruit, too! Sometimes, three identical ones will be growing in a row! Well, nearly identical. One of them will have more fruits than the other. Remove the excess fruits, and only those, until all trees are exactly the same, and voila! One korok seed!

Thank you for your attention. There's nine hundred of the little shits, but you need only 441 for all inventory upgrades.