/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

The
This was a Triumph.
I'm making a note here; huge sucesss
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction
edition thread.

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

Shakespeare Drag Meet III
What: Mostly sitting in a field and getting pissed/faded and/or taking a run at the Brit/o/ Drag Leaderboard times. Bring bread to burn on the BBQ. Ask Julian about king prawns. Watch the moon drive his PT Cruiser in the sky.
Where: Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston Airfield, Campden Rd, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8LL
When: 27th - 29th May

Welsh Togue Run
What: Driving around in Wales I guess. Glancing fearfully over our shoulders in case Devil Will shows up.
Where: To be decided
When: June/July

Ultimate Street Car (USC)
What: A car show where loads of chavs show up and show off their Limited Edition Corsas and financed Golfs on airbags. Also drag-racing, live music, and poledancing.
Where: Santa Pod Raceway (Northamptonshire)
When: 4th-6th August 2017

----

Recent Happenings:

CHARLIE GOT HIS TRIUMPH DOLOMITE BACK!
Work done to the engine: "a lot"

Some of the boys met up in Manchester on Thursday and much burger was consumed. We were going to do some sick night-time gritty shots of the cars but we forgot. I got lost in Machester trying to find my way back out. Fun times.

----

Threads are a rarity as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat. If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy.

>This was a Triumph.
>I'm making a note here; huge sucesss
>It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

This made my day. Thanks, based Starlet driver!

2nd for ban all traps

2nd for ban all traps

What am I doing wrong, drag racing experts

Faggot

That's not nice senpai.

I know, it's need to be done though

You need NOS

Actually, let's make it two. And Harry, I need it by tonight.

I've seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot!

Paul was a dick to Harry. Guy has a fucking business to run.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Harry knew he was a cop as he looked like he felt forced to keep Brian on as an employee after Toretto complained.

I swear I haven't watched this film too much.

He knew, and presumably was being coerced by the po into having him work there imo

harry would've gotten time for "knowingly receiving stolen goods" if he didn't let brian work there as a UC type dealy-o.

Watched the movie like a week ago lol

Is it bad that I sometimes think of the first F&F of having a deeper storyline than most recent films?

Fuck off back to your containment chat, faggots

All recent films are shit so that's no surprise. Tokyo Drift was automotive kino, though. It's actually about street racing.

Accurate picture of all UK cars

Nice Lancia. How much is it worth?

>TFW no Geely Panda

It's clearly a Toyota, you can tell by the tail lights

Which model?

how do I get my car on the site niggers I just think she deserves some views

Are you in the Slack?

the fuck you call me?

No lad I'm not. What's a slack

Group messaging site and app, but it's where the site gets discussed, and meets organised and things. And we shitpost on there too.

Since when has there been a site?

It's probably existed most of this year

Because it does. New films concentrate far too much on visuals and cgi, and forget to tell a story.

Classics are always better my man

>fnf
>classic

Post an email and join slack or post a picture of your car

Brits.

People who park in petrol stations, fill up, then go shopping in the fucking station for 10-15mins, while leaving their car next to a pump that other people are waiting for.

All of my rage. ALL OF IT.

>Not parking up at the side and getting a camping table out and having a picnic on a petrol station forecourt

The petrol fumes would be real nice to accompany your ham&cheese sandwiches

Who doesn't love the smell of a petrol station.

Thots are the worse for this shit, it drives me fucking insane. They should sell sweets, sandwiches and drinks at most

Petrol stations are getting craftier. There's this Shell garage near me that serves fresh coffee, fresh baked croissants and lots of other freshly-tempting shit. I always get Jewed over by my own nose (the irony). I go in for petrol, but I end up paying another £3.80 on coffee and pastried shite 'cause my nose betrays me.

alri lads, /brit/ from /int/ here

you are formally invited to /brit/ to help rack up the posts before hiro fixes the servers

with the combined energy of all the brits of Veeky Forums in one thread we can get skyhigh results

>Shell

The only reason for going to a Shell is for Super Unleaded VPower, so I think you can afford it.

Grab me a coffee next time your there fella.

FUCK THIS SHITE WEATHER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry m8 but if the petrol stations provided fucking parking spaces next to their shop I would park there.

I have seen people park at a pump JUST to go in to buy shit without filling up.

Test

>giving your baby a nice drink of Shell V-Power Nitro+
Post your satisfying motoring feels

yes, i know that feel, try it everyone, it feels amazing!

>TFW no Bedford Rascal

You must have a cheap shitty car

his car is worth more than the fuel he puts in it
kys wagie cuck

>He doesn't give his pride and joy the most top quality fuel

It's like you want to make the engine suffer.

I miss my babby

>it's another episode of a tripfag filling his ego
Kys

Is there such a thing as a RWD car that is cheap to insure? I just got my license at 20 and all I see are fwd shitboxes

>inb4 drive a soul sucking box for 3 years to be safe goy!

Cheapest I've found is the mk3 Twingo for 2.2k but I want to go under 1.5 ideally. The rover mini is also around that much.

05 is200 black 750 quid in great condition love it. Way better than my last car a saxo

>autotragic

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Absolutely nothing wrong with an auto especially if you sit in traffic for an hour a day like I day. Grow up kiddo

>he doesn't ride a motorcycle to get through all the traffic everyday

HAHAHAHhaahhahsjafdghjsahHhaahahahahahhhahahsghajaajshhahahhahhahahahdfsjsajalsfhghaahahahhahah

>HE DOESN'T LIKE ACTUATING THE CLUTCH FOR CALF GAINS

AHAAHAHHSFNDABGGHSASHHFHSHSHAHAHAHSHADHSDFGGAHHAAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

You have to be 18 to post here.

You need to drive a car as good as mine to post here. Nothin else kid, heh.

I have a feeling that samefag

Brits. I just fucked up.

Making a cup of tea this morning, I put the milk in first, before the water.

What the fuck is wrong with me.

>he drinks the bagged jew

neck yourself

Well if you prefer to slurp semen in the mornings, you crack on.

I'll stick to a nice cuppa, thank you.

yeah i like yours babe

Pretty disgraceful lad.

On thready note. Having a bit of a dilemma. I current own a '10 abarth punto evo. I've been thinking about selling it and using the money to buy a MX-5 eunos and paying off some debt/putting into savings.

The abarth has given me some real shit this year. Needing parts imported from Italy for an engine rebuild. To top it off the turbo is a big fucked. I do 60miles a day driving, is a eunos a good daily?

Any other car recommendations for a daily? Looking for a reliable Jap car.

Can you afford to have 2 cars? Pick up a cheap, comfy DD and have a second car for fun times and mad skids

>burning the milk

Let me tell you about the car that you really want to replace your Punto. It's basically Japanese because >Ghosn, and as long it's had a cambelt change, they're pretty reliable. Just watch those front ball joints and the bushes on top of the struts.

Could afford it, but I don't want to. Want to start saving some quids up. The cheaper running cost of the mx-5 could do that. I'm just wondering if it could take my 14,000 is miles a year driving.

I love my punto like you do your Clio. But the Clio just isn't for me. The punto body is my favourite look out of all the hatches about. Plus I want something cheaper to run and insure.

My mx-5 covered 108k miles in its first 8 years which is about the same average, and mechanically it's fine

No one wants your french piece of murdering shit fuck off back to court

Was than an NA? Or one of the later models?

NC

THAT'S THE WORST ONE, IT'S NOT A REAL MIATA
*Autistic screeching*

>brit thread
>calling it a miata
autistic screeching at you

Got pics?

You're supposed to do this, but it brew the tea separately. If you put milk into brewed tea you burn the milk and make it taste like shit. But if you pour hot water into milk the temperature spike is less immediate so the milk heats more evenly thus it tastes nicer.

Lrn2tea, faggot.

1 week to shakeys

The fuck you on about? It's sunny as balls up past Aberdeen.

I love Michael Tyres

>>not going for Sharkskin Technology™

>sunny
>Scotland
Not buying it without proof.

Why do you cunts have your own retarded autism general in almost every board.
Fucking kill yourselves.

Shut it colonist scum.

So much edge

We think you're all pricks.

Bumping this fucking shit thread. Post some fuckin' motors, lads.

Would love a 106 Ralle desu senpai

Good choice mate.

106 > Saxo

Saxos were for chavs and boy racers; 106's were for mature and handsome men.

Hello gents

Looking for my first car (UK), I just got my license, but I'd like to take whatever I buy to a track. Is there anything that is cheap to insure.

I don't mind "voiding" my insurance by modifying my car, because I will. I just want a base model that is cheap to insure so my premiums are low. For reference, I'm being quoted 9k for an '89 CRX, 8k for a 2007 MX5 so whatever I buy really has to be quite shit, at least in its base form.

Lowest I've found is 3k+2.4k for a classic mini for the car and insurance respectively.

RWD would be preferable but I understand something like that would be much harder to insure.

Buy a K11 and race it at Shakespeare County Raceway with us at a meet. Lots of go faster bits, none of which will make you go too fast and be dangerous

yeah that seems affordable. is it possible to get a RWD though or is that out of the question entirely?

The only cheap RWD I can think of is BMW E36 316i/318i COMPACT.

Dunno about compact my I tried getting a quote for my father's E36 318i and I got a quote of 9k

Are you from a big city?

Yeah, London. In a wealthy neighbourhood of the safest borough though.

checked K11 quotes and it costs 5k for a non black box quote lmao

Toyota Starlet

Tbh insurance is going to cost a bomb whatever you choose.

You're bad at doing insurance desu. Why are young people so pathetic, phone round places, invent reasonable quotes you've been given by their competitors, phone direct line and people that aren't in comparison sites

LADS LADS LADS

I've solved it!

1. Buy an estate for like £500
2. Insure it for pennies with the black box shittery
3. Get a towing dolly for like £200
4. Buy an MX5
5. Tow it to tracks

AM I A GENIUS OR WHAT???

NO NEED