EVE Online general /eog/

Arty Vagabond for CSM Edition V.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>PLEX and AUR change:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/

>Upwell Refineries:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries

>[April]
>CONCORD Ships

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes.
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/60089873/
soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-aura-warp-drive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And is still there. Why doesn't he leave? Is this reallly how people spend their weekends?

is he naila white?

refer to

Cute pic, I would like to cum together to this pic.

It's a weekend. Might be good tomorrow.

>is he naila white?
No, I think he's Russian

I see he's doing a good job at generating tears.

mining barges look nice

are you ok user?

so whats people getting uppity about CSM? Isn't it a good thing?

Ideally it would be, but in practice it's basically just certain alliances getting insider info and manipulating the game to their benefit.

>plex market does weird things that nobody can explain
>plex changes that CSM would've known about are announced
>somebody or somebodies buys out structure construction mats
>structure changes that CSM would've known about are announced

insider trading

RIP

>no evidence

I'm You're right. But just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it's not sketchy as all hell. Doesn't help that the CSM members everyone actually knows about are a literal autistic, a neckbeard, and some of the most meme-tier FCs in EVE.

zkillboard.com/kill/60089873/
>Scanning down gas sites and ships in my Bustard and running around a WH making bookmarks.
>See a Procurer sitting right next to a rock.
>Think that if he's that close to it he probably has warp core stabs.
>Call for back up and get into my Orthrus.
>Drop on him
>turns out he didn't have stabs
>he didn't even bother to launch his drones

>kills some shitter
>brag about it

biomass yourself

>they step away for a moment
>"surely nothing bad will happen!"
>they come back to a wreck

>orthrus
>killing miners
>>>>>then posts it on eog

nigga how GAY are you

Are wormholes fun? I've never been in one, thinking about joining a WH corp with my newish character

>Orthrus

self-destruct irl

yes, they're the only non awful part of this game. low class tho, high class is worse than null when it comes to blobbing

>post bait in /dog/
>/dog/ gets baited
Not like I expected anything else from this place.

Is there no way to split item stacks remotely through the assets window?

>high class is worse than null when it comes to blobbing
I thought wormholers couldnt afford that much people due to wh mass restrictions.

you can do it in the contracts window

>CCP

*undocks 200 t3s*

nothing personnell...kid..

>start playing game
>try to join some guild
>throw invite out, no response
>stop playing game

stop posting

The fuck?

Alrighty then, anyway thank you. Got it split that way.

is there any money in region trading? like buying a bunch of stuff up and putting it in various stations around regions

>drop the whole squad on an afk miner
>think this is worthy of a post
You don't do much in eve do you user?

oneiros

he is a highsec warrior

So I bought a cheap Archon on contracts. This is how it's fitted at the moment, I only really want to use it for moving my stuff.
Should I fit a prop mod too? A cloak? Replace the rigs with trimarks?

[Archon]
Capital Armor Repairer I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Capital Capacitor Booster I
Capital Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Networked Sensor Array
Capital Energy Neutralizer I
Large YF-12a Smartbomb
Fighter Support Unit I
Cynosural Field Generator I

Capital Capacitor Control Circuit I
Cap Booster 3200 x4

Gram I x12
Siren I x3
Einherji I x9
Templar I x9

>not plate rep
>no mwd
>cloak lol

>The capacitor is empty

Is there a single person out there who unironically thinks that the new Aura voice is better than the old one?
soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-aura-warp-drive

am I the only person who uniroincally doesn't give a shit

It's not that big of a deal to me, I was just really surprised that they changed it.

>try marketing for a month
>make barely any profit
>realize that the market is controlled by a small handful of vet players who've been doing this for 7-9+ years
>barely scraping by with 10% margins on modules worth fuck all

They changed it because they wanted the new tutorial to be voice-acted and couldn't get the old Aura VA, so they hired a new VA and had her redo all of the previous Aura lines while also doing the tutorial. I suppose they didn't want the Aura voice in the tutorial to be different than the one you hear in space.

are you implying that there's any meaningful player skill to muh 4-4 station trading

not implying shit
just saying that unless you're stupidly rich or got in early, trying to break into marketing as a less than rich player is fucking slow and grind

all that bullshit about "oh just learn to market adn you'll make billions" is true, but limited to a handful of people already rich enough to take advantage of it, whether because they have an army of farming alts in drone lands or renter systems, or because they've been doing it for literal years

Makes sense.

stop being such a bitch. all you need to do with trading is make sure your orders are at the top, and don't invest in stupid shit. if you aren't making that happen, you will not make money. it doesn't matter how many years you've been doing this, or how many farming alts you have (what does this have to do with what we're talking about)
someone with more money than you can have more and larger orders, but they can't magically prevent you from 0.01isking and getting all the buys/sells

I'm an autismo and I take a long time to realize that people are fucking with me, should I bother with thi sgame?

>implying you can 0.01isk insider knowledge from CSM leaks

I started playing Eve 7 months ago, got 100m from an exploration trip, then used that money to begin station trading. Within a month I had already turned that 100m into billions and have made billions every month from simply spending 10-30 minutes a day updating my market orders. I never felt limited by being a new player or by not having a large amount of capital when getting into station trading.

>i got lucky as fuck and have billions, literally anyone can do it

I made 2b profit out of 1b investment in a month using an alpha account checking my orders 2 or 3 times per day. Just dont be stupid and you'll make money.

And I get an Estamel spawn in every belt

>new player
>making billions
>only 30 minutes a day

the fuck kind of instruction booklet did you read as a new play to make billions with only 30 minutes a day of gameplay?

there's no fucking way you could have done this unless you're an alt of someone who has years of experience and understands the market in eve, or have connections with large nullsec entities and/or CSM inside info, which would all imply you're not a new player

>10% margins

That's great margins you just need more volume

it probably looked better 15 secs after this was taken

10% margins on items worth 200,000 isk
it's fucking pennies

No you just need to increase your volune

You need more 200k items and you need a lot more different items

You don't make dick money doing one item with no margins

I don't really want to spend that much refitting it because I'm not gonna train fighter skills higher than 3 anyway.

So a plate and a MWD? Should I just drop all the cap recharge mods? I don't want to fight, I just want to jump from citadel to station and back and maybe live long enough for backup to arrive if I bounce off the station.

dont think u have enough cap

>buys combat ship
>"I don't want to fight"

>I only really want to use it for moving my stuff.

gonna give it one more month and see how it goes, but i'm real fucking disappointed so far

how much money are you investing?

started with 1.5b

10% on that is 150m assuming it all clears that's a pretty good profit

i'm not getting rich off assumed profits though

It is all a matter of how long it takes to make that money. After skill training you can make about 45m an hour in a VNI semi afk warching netflix with a Intel window open.

rlml nerf when

Only when the last frigfag has killed themselves irl

Not before

and you'll always make 45m/hour. trade scales and eventually you'll make way more

viable frigates when

>you'll always make 45m

I didn't say I paused my skill queue. There are better investments than essentially gambling 1.5bil to make 150m while playing the .01 isk game for hours.

>trade scales and eventually you'll make way more
no it doesn't
you can always plex more alts to run more anomalies, you're only limited to how quickly you can alt tab back and forth

markets a limited and the highest end is already saturated by players wallets in the hundreds of billions

>people think ratting makes more isk than playing the .01 isk game

>market for 7 years
>have insider knowledge and experience
>make alpha account
>wow it's so easy

>/dog/
>having a clue about the game

>thinking market jewing is most profitable activity in Eve
>when starting corporations exists
>when hosting renter corporations exists
>when highsec POS bashing exists

>because a newbro with less than 3 months of experience can do those successfully

>still no hard proof of a single newbro who has made billions from market pvp within 3 months

Link 3rd party wallet app.

I am not contesting that there is money to be made on the market, I have made billions over the years, I just don't think it is highly accessible for new players, due to the amount of circlejerking in industry, and the massive amount of game knowledge required to play the market well.
Obviously if you just fill a few glaring holes in smaller hubs you can make a bit of isk, but not billions in a month or two with near no investment, that requires speculative trading.

That depends on how much you start off with. For a new player ratting with a free ship definitely gets you a lot more right off the bat and with little effort.

>"taylohs"

not every new player is a retard that needs to get spoonfed

Every single person i my corp says it that way. It drives me CRAZY

yanks were a mistake

your fuckin dead kiddo

dubs names my new azbel

anime is my life

Vince Draken is a racist

tits > ass

>2 month old player has enough experience to read the projected updates and position themselves in the ideal module market to profit exponentially off of this hypothetical update
>they have the capital to do this multiple times to distribute the risk
>they have the infrastructure to set this up in every major trade hub and all newfag nullsec pockets

Kek, go back to 5% margins on snowflake modules, you are sub-human it appears.

Kickout Fortizar

good taste

Im gay

minmatar lives matter

i will succ

T H I C C

dubs decides