>wanted double the price for the one with less miles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eIFJbA4E5nw
youtube.com/watch?v=6onS10QtK_A
youtube.com/watch?v=6TfXose6C6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

'03 Toyota Hilux

This is gonna be a few posts...
First I went from the east to the west to look at an 2005 Nissan Navara. Turned out to be shit

Then I went from Aurdal to FĂ„vang to look at an '04 Nissan King Cab which was also shit and way too expensive, and the owner got super pissed when I pointed out the faults

Theeeeen I went down to Ottestad to look at a Mitsubishi L200. It was alright enough, but had more rust than the pictures showed, and the AC was not functioning, plus the owner was very firm about the price, which was too high

>went on local classifieds website
>agreed to come see the car
>took cash in an envelope with me
>hopped on train to Yokohama station
>bullet train to Hamamatsu
>get picked up at station
>go look at my black car and another gunmetal grey car
>agree to buy black car
>give cash
>drive it back home to base
>get fucked with by R35 on highway

Defeated we started driving home, until I remember there being an ad for a Hilux, not far from my home. The ad was super simple, the pictures shit and the truck looked rough. Decided to stop by and just have a look.

I ended up buying it

So, after rougly 572km/355 miles and a stupid amount of hours driving I ended up buying a truck that was this far away from my home...

>checking local cars for sale online during luch time at work.
>filter by "toyota" "

Nice car

Best ITT.

>at friends house
>his parents finally decide to sell their rx8 that's been sitting in the garage undriven for the past 2 years
>offer it to me for free first since I've been maintaining it for them since the warranty expired
>they toss me the keys and tell me to get it the hell out of the garage
>replace battery, drain bad gas, fill up with fresh gas, change oil, new spark plugs

>original owners so they gave me a folder with all service records
>shitty body kit because they let their son decide to buy it instead of just fixing the front bumper after his friend backed into it

Currently tracking down oem front/rear/skirts

Bought it off some smelly boomer for a grand.

>be me
>be armyfag
>get sick of driving a shitty beater pickup
>get raise at work
>buy 04 Sierra SLT with 44XXXkm on it
>????
>profit

Pic related.

Craigslist
>It's a project car

>i've already took out all the garbage and am working on fixing all the bad shit before I do some fun shit to it.

>heads up to anyone wanting to buy an old miata:
>seek and destroy all rust you can find
>tear out the tar, rust is underneath guaranteed
>prime and repaint (this is my current stage)

Also have pic related as my DD
>I live in BF Arkansas, it's needed

>* car included this time

>go on test drive in a white track pack car
>sales guy gives me a drink and wants me to do burnouts
>insist on guard green so they do a dealer trade with a different lot

That was a gift, right?

>18 and just got license
>old neighbour died and his car was for sale
>manual ofc, 1.0l , 56 hp
>runs like a wasp

I'm only gonna do the two hotrods because the rest are boring
>Move to Alaska
>see lil' cutie rotting away
>decide fuck it
>knock on door
>Drag it out of a field for $300,
>spend more than that on a carb kit the very next day.
Yes it's shit, yes it's slow, yes it's rotten, yes it's throwing money away, no I don't give a fuck. It's the greatest thing ever.

Fuck it man if you like it that's all that matters. I wish I had more car friends who wrenched on their own shit

I saw an add on craigslist and drove though the snow to meet some old guy. He had it on a lift in his garage so I got to see the entire underside of it and he seemed to love and care about the car a lot. I figured I'd take good care of it since he was really attached to it

>See engine swapped t-top cutlass on craigs in a city 440 miles away for $2300
>call guy, turns out it has a rod knock or something.
>Decide to go look anyways, hard to find decent classics up here
>hack swap, no dust shield on trans, single exhaust crossmember with duals routed under it, factory harness in a snake nest under hood, cig smoker :(
>notice flexplate bolts are loose and flex plate is wallered out.
>ask him to start it
>knock, knock, clang, clang
>it's fukt m8 big time
>offer $1800
>Settle on 2k
>tow car to autozone, buy a cheap wrench set and loctite all the flex plate bolts.
>drive car home with no issues except I didn't notice there was no rad overflow bottle and it's running so rich it's a complete dog. never had to go on the trailer once.
>literally find empty cocaine baggie/seal under console when I fix loose shifter cable, so 80's
Waiting to pull the trans, and swap in a dual cutout crossmember and new flexplate. Prob going to swap to tbi injection since this is the family cruiser and I want the wife to be able to drive it easily.
youtube.com/watch?v=eIFJbA4E5nw
I'd sell this before that old yota, no hesistation.
I like it

mileage?

Are you premixing yet?

How's the compression?

106k on the body, 64k on the replacement engine, was done under warranty.

No premix yet, probably going to install a sohn adapter on the omp with separate tank for premix oil.

Don't know the compression numbers, runs great though.

Man, sounds comfy.
I lived in Okinawa as kid and my girlfriend at the time's dad helped me with importing a 86' Celica from mainland.
Nothing has ever beat that feeling seeing your car show up at the port.

disgusting headlight fade, please let me polish them, I'll do it for free. This shit is my pet peeve on cars.

1988 635CSi
saw the previous owner at the shop my dad takes his mercedes, it was a single owner car with a pile of service records at least 2 inches high, i couldnt resist

>2014 jetta wagon tdi
>went to the dealer and bought it, first new car. wanted to achive top europhile status by getting a diesel wagon w/a stick

I'm selling the jetta next month back to vw and i have a 1le camaro on order, i made a thread about the order form a few days ago

pic related

Nice, friend.

Just got mine in December, all OEM. Has about 88k on the odo. I've premixed since I got it at 80k with 6oz of Idemitsu in every full tank.

Yanked the cat and straight piped it, seems to consistently get ~7.5's when it's compression tested.

I'd recommend replacing your starter to the R3 one. I did so for peace of mind and swapped to MSD coils, wires, and threw some new iridiums in to boot.

>Looking for Mk.3 Supras or FCs
>Tell dad that
>Says his friend has one that he's selling
>Which one?
>FC
>How much?
>$1.7k
>Holy shit wut? Does it run?
>Ya.
>Go take a look
>FC Convertible
>Still, for the price, it's not a bad deal
>Pick it up
>Loving this thing, even if the acceleration leaves something to be desired
The bumper is gray now, with the driver front fender being red due to some shitty driving when I first got it, and a fucking Mexican in a Charger, but outside the mismatched panels it still runs perfectly.
>Now I just need to find a hardtop for cheap.

>2010
>decide I want diesel
>months of research and balancing cost v maintenance vs performance
>decide I want 6.4L
>no one in ND has one under $33K
>6 months go by
>browsing AutoTrader one night
>08 F250 93K miles 8" lift $24,995
>sheeeeeeeit.gif
>it's in Wyoming
>call dealer, agree on trade price for my '04 Sierra
>leave 11pm on Friday night, drive through the night, arrive at 6am
>wait for dealer to open
>"hey I know we agree on this trade price but..."
>no, I just had an offer from another dealer in Minot for this much
>he laughs and says
>"call them then"
>call them
>they remember me and agree to buy the truck for the agreed price
>I leave that shit in Wyoming
>drive back to Minot
>years later I'm in Japan
>see another truck I want to buy
>sell this one to my friend who is moving back to the US for $27,500
>Minot, nonetheless
>I end up not liking the other truck
>sell to buy FD RX7
>fast forward to a week ago
>same friend
>"I'm thinking about selling the truck"
>shit nigga let me get dat
And here we are

absolutely love it.

Can't wait until I'm done with uni and start amassing a stable of rotaries.

Ya. Honestly, I slightly regret convertible, but she's been more fucking reliable than ANY of my bikes, or even this G6 that I'm using for DD to save gas. Thinking the transmission may need a rebuild, since on the last change found a little chunk of metal, which was either a sychro or one of the teeth from 5th gear.
>More current picture of her

would drive the fuck out of it/10

Here's my only rotary for now.

Drive the fuck out of it I do. Here's a video from after the last Veeky Forums meet near me. Took her out to some back roads and just went at it.
>16:40 is when the real winding roads are, but I'm not used to taking that road in that direction, as I normally do it going the other way
>And due to no high beams (Either relay, or the switch itself) what you see in the vid is all I could see as well
youtube.com/watch?v=6onS10QtK_A

Also, how are the RX8s? Tried to convince a friend to get one once. My 7 is raspy and loud as fuck, so I'm curious as to how the 8s sound in comparison.

Convince your friend to get an FC before any RX8 man

Please, her mom was buying her a new car. I was throwing out suggestions left and right. The RX8 was the only one she liked the look of, but when her mom saw it was a "sports car" she'd have none of it. I shilled as hard as I could, but in the end, she ended up getting... a CVT Honda Fit... whatever, when her transmission is shot before 50k, I'm only telling her "I told you so"

Love the sound of it.

I have a video of my 8 revving but no YT account or anything. It sounds pretty gutteral, as it's straight piped.

In general, I'd say the sounds of the 8 are pretty similar. It BRAPS and it's loud as fuck.

>at shitty harvest festival
>Auction time
>Sell tractors and farm equipment and other shit
>Then she comes rolling up
>The lifters are screaming for oil and the entire engine sounded tired.
>Starting bid 6k
>Only one old dude bids
>I win out at 7k
>100% numbers matching car, never restored
>It's from Canada apparently
>New speakers were installed in 81
>Drive it home
>Have never had to fix anything on it except oil changes and tuning the carb
>Been daily driving for 4 years

Haha, 8's take a ton of care and usually can hardly be driven by people who just like the look of something sporty.

The A/T ones were so unreliable that most of them are either off the road or being given away for ~1k.

Nice. I know the feeling. Air injection tube popped off my cat one day, so I took it to my dad thinking he could help. He busted out his old welder, and at that point I just asked if he was gunna weld, wanna just make me a straight pipe? He did, but like an idiot, I had him put the air injection ube back on it as well, cause I wasn't fully aware of the difference between the S5 and the S4 at the time. So no fireballs cause of it, and the pipe leaks hella bad. Sounds like a raspy tin can as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=6TfXose6C6U

I know, I guess it was just kinda wishful hoping to know another person with a Dorito car in the area. I've only met 2, but both of them are a couple hours North of me, so I wouldn't say they're local by any means.

Goddamn love the idle sounds of a Dorito car.

After owning my c6 for 5 years, I got tired of it and wanted a Hellcat. So far it's a blast to drive. Sold my vet for 28k. I got a smoking deal on it, at 53k it's sort of hard to pass that up.

>insurance money from totaled DR350 R
>friend tells me his coworker is selling this car, runs well and had no crashes or anything like that

16ss M6. bought from the dealership(imperial chevy in mendon, mass)

paid 36k

Do the cops give you a lot of unwanted attention in that thing?

Picture from 2011 or 2012.

>Be me - Summer 2008, working my engineering internship at Harley-Davidson.
>A year before I started posting here - I had never even heard of 4-changu at that point.
>Have '06 STi, but want a project car.
>Scour Kregg's Lyst daily for sub-$3k funboxes (was looking for NA MR2s, foxbody GTs, or FWD DSMs).
>See glorious MX-5 with torn roof, moldy interior, flat tires and busted / leaky water pump for $3,500.
>I knew very little about miatas at the time and had never driven a non-truck RWD.
>Talk boomer lady original owner down to $2,200 (37% off the asking price lol) over the phone.
>Got my dad's '98 suburban and flatbed trailer and drive ~450 miles (round-trip) to pick it up.
>Soon installed full rebuild kit / water pump / alternator / other shit
>Soon thereafter found out it has the torsen lsd and can do donuts on a single spot until you can't see the windshield through the tire smoke.

What are your plans?

Are you going to restore it or just leave it as is?

>have loved the look of the TT since they first came out, something of an attainable dream car
>1st gen especially, not a big fan of 2nd/3rd gen
>no real need for a car, haven't had one for years
>get the car bug again when I come across this one listed on Autotrader
>didn't realize these are now totally attainable (under $10 w/low miles)
>in a place in my life where I can afford the car, maint, insurance, etc
>pull trigger last December, get the car for $3k below market value

Loving it ever since. Had to put a couple grand into fixing up a couple issues (trans and power steering leaks) but since then has been gold.

>2014
>Parents want to get me a car.
>Looking around for a bit I found a black 1997 e36 convertible.
>100k miles, garage kept, no issues.
>Go look at the car and meet the owners who are really nice.
>Only some general wear and tear on the body and interior except for their idiot daughter who tore paint off the bumper by pulling off a bumper sticker.
>Bought it for 4k with 0 issues.
>Sold it 2 years later for 4.5k.
It handled like a dream, I miss it so much. I'm going to track it down one day and buy it back.

I removed my cat also, was tracking down an exhaust leak and found that the cat was so clogged that the pressure caused the seal ring to fail where it connects to the manifold.

Have to deal with the cel until I can get a cobb ap. The starter was replaced with the updated one according to the service history as well as the coils.

I also need to take it to mazda to get the most recent ecu flash, leans it out, makes a bit more power and decreases risk of flooding.

02 Civic Si. Been looking for this style of the hatchback since I was 16. Finally one popped up at a local dealership with only 1 owner and 85k miles. So I traded my shitty Jetta and here we are.

09 G37S coupe

>sedan gets kill
>want Coupe in S trim be because LSD, Akebono big brake kit, and better seats
>3 within 400 miles
>2 manual, 1 7AT
>first guy:85k miles, manual but silver, worst color. 14k, firm.
>had been in rear end collision
>lolnty

>2nd guy: 65k manual, moonlight white work him down to 15.5k but won't budge

>on 3rd G now, find 7AT with 80k at an infinti dealership. Blue slate hnnnnng. Work them down to 13.5 w/ owed wheel refinishing.
>SOLD

1994 Pontiac Firebird
>Craigslist browsing daily
>$1500 "runs great" "don't know exhaust brand but its deep and throaty" "needs new battery"
>relisted 3 weeks later at $1200
>hit him up
>test drive, does run great after a new battery
>list all the issues to him
>offer $900, expecting him to go to $1000-$1100
>He accepts it

And that is how i got this paycheck eater... Found the issue with the A/C today after attempting to just recharge it: the low pressure valve is fucked and just spewing the coolant out.

>compared a bunch of cars online
>picked one i liked
>went to dealership
>led them on to get them to drop the price by 500
>signed some shit and paid cash
>drove home
Boring i know

>my grandfather died and now it's my burden

2008 PT Cruiser base model, 106,292 miles.
I know I should just get rid of it, but honestly it's not worth more than $1000 with the aesthetic condition that it's in and the fact that it has 106k miles on it.

it works fine to get me from A to B when I don't want to ride my motorcycle (rain, snow, extreme cold).

>Looking for 3rd one
>Find one cheap with all original paper work, original owner, low miles
>go to buy it and someone else snaked us and bought it.

>1 month later same car reappears on CL with head knock
>buy it even cheaper than the original asking price.

Now here we are all these years later.

I actually did that, but the clear coat I bought apparently have flake in it. It said crystal clear, not metal flake clear, I was actually kinda pissed, but it looks cool at night so I kept it.

whats this dudes name again?

YES YOU CHANGED YOUR REAR WHEELS!

I fucking hated seeing those huge motherfuckers sticking WAY PAST the quarters.

Bought it from this hippie guy down in San Diego. Came with with a six disc changer full of Grateful Dead CDs.

You got a running LT1 for less than a grand?

>wanted an economical, reliable, fun to drive car about 10 years old with a hatch
>RSX fits every criteria perfectly
>Start looking for them
>Found an '06 in grey with tons of paperwork with all maintenance done by an Acura dealer
>Had a body kit that actually looked pretty good, but not a huge fan
>Talked him down to 6k, decided to look around some more
>All of the other ones were owned by Mexicans and beat to absolute shit
>Decide to buy the first one only to find it's been bought out from under me the same day
>Go look at one last one in the area
>It's black, the color I wanted, under 100k miles, actually STOCK, and looked pretty well cared for except a little wrinkle in the passenger side quarter panel
>Talk them down to 5500 and bought it

Should have got mustang with turbo

>walk into Subaru dealership
>wanted a WRX
>they didn't have any
>salesman wouldn't shut up about this Liberty GT
>not remotely interested
>only test drive it to make salesman happy
>test drive was good, car had good power, and was more luxurious than a WRX
>realise that this particular GT had almost every optional extra on it - luxury-wise and physically
>jack of all trades
>cave in and buy it cause I fell in love with it after the test drive

My old car's head gasket went, along with needing a new cat converter, so decided to get a new car. Wanted to finance something through my credit union to build some credit so I can take out a mortgage loan in a few years.

Anyway, wanted a sporty hatchback. Has a 12k budget. Looked at a few, but bank gave me a few stipulations. Needed to be 2013 or newer and had to have less than 100k on the odo. Wanted a Fiesta/Focus ST but none of them around me are below 15k. Looked at the Sonic, didn't like how there are literally no manuals around.

Then I said fuck it, what else is out there for sporty hatchback. I saw this and I was intrigued. I know a lot of people hate the design, but I like it. Wanted one. Only issue was I could only find auto's at dealers, no 6 speeds. Decided to check out craigslist cuz bank gave me ok to do one with a private sale. Found this guy at 10k with 80k on it. Went to see it, drove it, fell in love.

Idk why people say it handles bad. I took it up to a mountain range with curvy roads and had a blast. It felt responsive and peppy so I dont sympathize with them.

Sweet car mang. I'm starting mechanical engineering next year with co-op, any tips on how you got that internship?

Also tips on how tf you haggled that well pls.

>Guy lived on the street behind me
>Saw this everyday for about 7 years
>I wanted
>I got
>3k
>very nice

>salesman wouldn't shut up about this Liberty GT
>not remotely interested
>only test drive it to make salesman happy
>cave in and buy it

The coupes look so much better from the rear but I get why people didn't want them.

2014 F150. bought it from a dealer. but it was one of three King Ranch trucks with an Ecoboost, luxury package, max tow package, 6.5' bed and tan interior in the country at the time. of the three trucks available one was my Platinum Tri-coat White one, one was Kodiak Brown and one was Sunset Metallic. so the white won.

*nigger

Yesterday was a good day.

Mercedes Spitter

Nice shoe what year is it?

99, just kind of stumbled upon it. Really great car.

yeah, because i'd much rather have a car with a shit transmission, and 150 less horsepower.

lol.

Ausfag so they're not common here, so the caving was a good choice.

Thanks, dawg. I went to Kettering University for ME, its an engineering school that requires you to do co-op to graduate (it used to be minimum 5 semesters) and usually takes 5 years. Because of this, and their industry connections, I got an internship at a Bosch factory for a year then at a Harley-Davidson test site for 2 years. I just kept good grades and maintained a relationship with the people at the school that worked the co-op program. At age 19 I was getting $15/hr 40-46 hrs a week with free housing and utilities + I had a full scholarship because top 1% on the ACT nationwide in high school.

I think that they dropped the price b/c the car was, at the time, a busted moldy piece of shit taking up space in their driveway and they had had it for sale for 2 months.

First, search your school's job postings for opportunities. Second, go to indeed.com and search for "mechanical co-op" and "mechanical intern" in nearby cities and states.

2004 Ford Focus SE with 100K+ miles throws a check engine light and somethings obvi wrong with the tranny also
>Get the engine light checked and it's misfiring, get that fixed.
>Less then a month later car throws tranny check light, engine light again, and makes huge thunks when you put it in reverse
>Want cheap, newer, fun car
>Close in on a FiST
>Get a 14' in silver one previous owner 36k miles with some tasteful mods like RMM, rear sway, new non-dusty brake pads and Pilot Super Sports for 15k
>I'm downn

>shit transmission
yeah that was like 7 years ago now
and don't worry I don't even bring up how turbochargers leave way more potential on the table for tuning than shitty N/A pushrod garbage

mustang interior is shit, manual (should have specified)transmission is shit, tiny ass fucking turbo. infotainment is also shit. oh, and i blew the fucking doors off of a lightly modded(downpipe and exhaust) 4 plug 16 stang a few months back. i'm good though, thanks.

I remember that thread, hope you enjoy your new ride user.

>2016
>Tired of un reliable shitboxes
>Signed paperwork for 70k finance
>Bent over
Currently getting raped..

a GM fag calling a Ford interior shit just made my day. thanks for the laugh. also the MT82 trans had issues for all of like the 2011 model year and has been fine since then.

>ford kekolds literally arguing for the ecoboost over a v8 camero because "the transmissions aren't literally little-tikes chinese poverty tier garbage anymore i swear" and "muh tuning potential"

educate yourself, nigga

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
fuck no, I would've 100% put the Formula or Trans Am in the post if I had. I got a lightly modded 3.4L with welded brakes and a genuinely-pretty-good exhaust.

Fronts are being bought Thursday, should get installed before the end of the month... Which car is yours?

okay then, the interior thing is obviously subjective but GM interiors have been a massive laughing stock for decades. but you should go ahead and provide some proof of the transmission being junk post-2011 because that's certainly news to me.

third gear lockout was and is still a problem in the mt82, the biggest upgrade was in 2015. and all mustang manuals have about the worst factory clutch pedal feel of any new car you can buy

>source: www.google.com

>My green pile of shit is better than your purple pile of shit

It's all equally shit you fucktard.

It does happen occasionally, but I also have a police officer support license plate and my sister is a detective. Even before having my hellcat, if I got pulled over I'd casually talk to the officer and nonchalantly drop my sisters name into our conversation. They always would come back and give me a warning.

What part of Oregon?

Now it's going to sit for two years in your yard rusting and getting rekt. Good job asshole. You're as dumb as your buddie's parents.