Clutch on the right

Clutch on the right
Throttle in the middle
Brake on the left

It would be way more efficient.
Brake with your left foot would allow you to play with the throttle at the same time and take any turn with the optimal speed and still be able downshift like before with the current pedal model.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKeK_IpQP2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO

having to relearn the pedals and make it muscle memory along with having two standard pedal layouts would be the exact opposite of efficient

What if there was just one big petal that acted like a big d-pad?

Like you push it up to accelerate, down to brake, pushing it left is the clutch and you can push and stick it all the way to the right as the park brake.

>heel-toe with the gas and the clutch
>left foot burys the brake

interesting concept

>accelerator in the middle
>brake on the right
>clutch on the left

masterrace

>Not having 4 pedals

If you wanted to make it really efficient, you could have the clutch be automated by a computer that can shift ten times faster than a human and you could program it to shift at the optimal rpm without even having to lift of the gas

Hill start without using hand brake or any other aids would be trickier than in normal car, unless you press throttle with your left foot.

t. fag-o-matic

Or just have a simple gearbox that can be manually shifted as fast as an auto

Seamless sequentials will trickle down from motogp eventually.

If it's efficiency you're concerned with, rather than driving feels, maybe you'd be better served by a modern auto?

>optimal speed
If that was the main objective there wouldn't be a clutch pedal at all.

Checkmate, atheists.

> Or just have a simple gearbox that can be manually shifted as fast as an auto
Such a thing can never exist. Computers will always be faster than humans.

>3 pedals
>optimized for speed
Where is your god now?
Before you ask you don't use the clutch pedal when shifting

All this would do is switch heel toeing from a right foot task to a left foot task

The one advantage you listed can be done with the current pedal layout with left foot braking.
There is literally no advantage, and all you will do is screw with existing muscle memory and dexterity.

Hakuna's pedal designs are at least ground breaking. This is just stupid.

>Or just have a simple gearbox that can be manually shifted as fast as an auto
What the fuck am I reading?

>Seamless sequentials will trickle down from motogp eventually.
Zeroshift transmissions don't actually shift any faster. What they do is they start spinning up the next gear set so that they are already in motion before they are engaged for drive. The point is to get rid of the "lurch" when conventional transmissions are swapping gear sets and make for a smoother transition when shifting similar to DCT in that respect.

i've mistaken my brake pedal for my accelerator a few times this year (obviously I realize my mistake quickly because not going any faster / slowing down), but never the opposite

whats up with that

>Brake with your left foot would allow you to play with the throttle at the same time

you mean like people already do?

also, left foot braking is great if you're a racing driver. if you're a neet on public roads then you're fucking retarded if you waste your time with this shit. same applies to heel-toe.

way better idea:

>clutch on the left
>brake on the right
>hand throttle on steering wheel
>sit on the gear shifter, shift with anus

confused, how is that different than what op said?

Computers can't read track/road conditions yet, so the human stick has to do that

And with the right equipment the time not spent in gear can be reduced. Aka the shift times.

Inb4 autotragic cuck can't imagine a vehicle being for anything but muh mpgees and muh comfy

> they don't shift faster they shift faster

Things an automatic can do: downshift while braking
Things I can do: downshift while braking
Things you can do: whine and say it's for boyracers because you can't drive

Aluminum pedals are the biggest meme

If OP successfully developed this technique independently as I did then he needs to provide proof and show us his prolapsed anus

>Brake with your left foot would allow you to play with the throttle at the same time and take any turn with the optimal speed

already a thing bub, racers have been doing this forever

youtube.com/watch?v=PKeK_IpQP2s

>mfw i go ragemode with automatic and comfymode with manual
not sure if contrarian or autist

op didn't propose handthrottle or analshift
not bad but he will have to learn to double heel-toe before he can face sheng long

is it practical to heel-toe on pedals like this?

I tried doing it out of curiousity but I feel like I'd have to be hard braking to do it which I imagine is what you're supposed to do in a track anyways but definitely not in normal traffic

and which super famous racing driver are you?

oh right you're driving your mom to the store in a shitty hatchback. glad that heel-toe is working for you, you autistic fuckup. gr8 m8.

How do you heel-toe

yes, that's why it's fucking stupid unless you want everyone around you to think you're moron.

it's like people who think they'd be great soldiers because they've played fps games for most of their neet lives.

>downshift while braking

holy shit well done you can do what every other manual driver can do

fuck me what a retarded thread

do people still actually drive manual by choice in 2017? Seriously. I figured all the people defending it are poor people who have that wierd complex when they take pride in things they shouldn't like being "blue collar". No one with the option wouldnt go with automatic

This reminds me, why the fuck do motorbikes have separate front and rear brakes?

Why not just put them both on the same lever?

what kind of autistic drag racing cunt are you

you allready proved that you get your entire driving experiece from chinese cartoon discussion board.

do people still drive automatic by choice?
I thought it was like those disability parking spots or government financing if you have a missing arm or mental retardation or something which prevents you from moving a lever

>> they don't shift faster they shift faster

Holy shit. Not even what was said.

Faster is not the same as smoother. Zeroshift transmissions don't change gearsets any faster than conventional transmissions.

Because in motorcycle forn and rear brakes have different purposes. The main purpose of front brake is braking, while the main purpose of the rear brake is leaning adjustement. A good Supersport rider almost never uses both brakes same time.

>faster is not the same as smoother
jesus christ

lol Clearly you're not experienced at riding a motorcycle at all. During different conditions you need different amounts of braking power to each wheel. For instance during low traction instances either in rain or on gravel or off road, you use mainly your rear brake, skidding a front wheel on a motorcycle is not something you can easily recover from, Skidding the back wheel is no problem.

>left foot braking
this

for all the people who drive fwd and all the initial d shitposting, how do people not know about this

uh, that IS technically correct.