/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #713 - Right in the Dick Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0fiaMTl05yC
vocaroo.com/i/s17IQ8uMWebv
vocaroo.com/i/s1Hdic3ZDRiC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for SatAM is GOAT show.

Which Sonic character would have the hardest time adjusting to normal life if all major evil was defeated?

>Being surprised that there are 90's kids in a general for one of the most 90's characters around.

FAST

Sonic.

Sonic isn't an Image Comics character, though.

Probably Silver. His whole life involves around it being fucked.

Sonic. He loses his only major source of excitement.

So which of these three is most likely going to be the third Gameplay style?

>Adventure Style
>Lost World Style
>Something completely different

SOMETHINGS BIGHTING

Completely different.

I'm thinking two Sonics playable at the same time, you switch between them on the fly like Time Eater's fight.

I'm surprised no one's made a this is bait edit with Froggy.

>Adventure
>Unleashed
>Lost World

How do we fuse these three styles?

Something completely different. It'll be a "do this dumb filler piece of shit to unlock the next level" gimmick like Rush Adventure.

>There is a clever wordplay involving Blaze the Cat's choice of words present in the Japanese dialogue. The Japanese word for the color "blue" (adjective) is "aoi" (青い), and the Japanese word for the adjective "naive" is also "aoi" (青い or 蒼い). So, Blaze's mentioning of "Blue Hedgehog..." is "Aoi Hedgehog..." in Japanese, which can be taken either way. This phrase could not be directly translated, so it is missing from the localized version.

Blaze didn't know Sonic in the Japanese version of '06, they were reintroducing her as a new character.
When Silver said a blue hedgehog would end the world, Blaze interpreted it as a naive hedgehog, Silver.

But that's wrong user.

Adventure as the base with parkour abilities, levels include 2D and grinding segments, boost is in the style of WiiS2 Unleashed.

Fusing Lost World parkour with Adventure wouldn't be that hard since they both have around the same speed. The boost, I have no idea. Maybe like Sonic Advance 2's pseudo boost mode?

I REALLY want them to expand on the lost world parkour style and improve it for the 3rd gameplay style. Seems like it has so much potential.

They'd really have to find a way to smooth out the parkour, it really did not flow well in Lost World.

Give an actual argument, then we can talk.

I hope so too. It reminds me of just how awkward the Boost originally was Unleashed but it got more polished as time went on and became actually fun. Plus, I'd want a fully 3d gameplay style. Removing stupid shit like the Air Slash thing or making it less situational would be a nice start.

It's not an argument, it's a correction.

WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN

WHAT GOES DOWN MUST COME UP

Oh you.

But seriously, until you present actual criticism, it is objectively flawless.

SatAM Robotnik was a shit.

am i being memed on

>need to recast Sally for my comic dubs after months of having her
>never got one goddamn thing recorded

Welp. I've got some free time. Make me say something in Shadow's voice.

Tornado sections

Say Rouge's boobs

>comic dubs
Tell me more.

vocaroo.com/i/s0fiaMTl05yC

Waaaay too long.

Not that user, and I find SatAM enjoyable but..

Sally is still one of the oldest versions of Furry bait.

Sounds to me like you need a better Eggman. Can I have a go at reading this when I get off work?

Robotnik was a boring DiC villain
Sally was an unlikable cunt bitch
All the other characters didn't matter because Sally was the main character and required all of the spotlight

This was a Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon?

Sure.

But I seriously fucking doubt you can do better. I searched fucking everywhere and I have high standards.

Make sure to do a ridiculous "Shadow as a stereotypical California surfer dude" voice.

Lost World really had something going for it. It's just that no part of the game flowed well in any aspect -- even Sonic's own moves clashed with each other. And that's to say nothing of the level design.

But despite this, Lost World is, like it or not, the closest SEGA has approached to a 3D Classic Sonic engine.

Rouge is cute cute CUTE!!

The plots, despite the interesting premise, were the same standard 90s cartoon action plots, and generally followed a theme of 'go to Robotropolis, do something'.

It just never really had much variety.

Here's something I did a while ago. It's a little shaky on the delivery, but I think I can pull off Mike's ruggedness.

vocaroo.com/i/s17IQ8uMWebv

I always love people who croon abput how unique and intimidating SatAM Robotnik is when he's the exact same character as Double Dragon's Shadow Master. Hell, most of the show's writing was extremely similar to DD, but most SatAM fans wouldn't hesitate to shit on Hurst's non-Sonic writing.

Someone's been watching the Annotation station I see

"3D Classic Sonic engine" was Adventure. You run, you spin dash, you have a physics engine, controls were meant to be as simplistic as possible like the classic games, with only necessary allowances made to handle the transition to 3D (homing attack, lightspeed dash, etc.). The only thing Lost World had in common with the classic games was badnik design.

Can you do "I am the ultimate! I am... Edgy the Hedgie!"

holy fuck you're actually fucking great

a little rough and shaky, as you said, but goddamn it's great

>dat ass

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

You've got the voice definitely.

But your mic quality is pretty bad. Do you have a better one?

I was going to say, the mic is an issue that I can't fix at the moment because I was laid off from my job a few weeks ago and don't have enough money for a new one.

It's even worse when you consider that AoStH Robotnik was better at actually getting to Sonic than SatAM Robotnik ever was.

I actually just looked up most of the stuff Hurst worked on a few years back. He's...really not very good.

But yes, that too.

Holy shit, that's good. A little fast, but good.

Well regardless, talk to me. Where can I contact you?

>have the base with adventure, physics and controls
>add the boost, might even work better with these controls or if not just make boosting steerable.
>then make the boost and parkour one, you make so if he boosts up a wall he just runs straight up and if he boost on a wall sideways he runs across it.

Interesting

Ah

I'm actually an annotator

I never really watched SatAM, I only watched AoStH when I was younger. Is SatAM really that good or is it just nostalgia? I already read all the comics so they're probably better than the show.

>tfw the best moments of SatAM were the sparse moments of levity and sass from Robotnik.

It's like they knew taking away his charisma was an awful idea, but did it anyway.

>Tfw you've always wanted to try out doing Omega's voice but you don't have a mic or any voice editing software because your poor.

For a lot of people, there's subconscious bleed between the fan works, comic and show. They mentally retcon oversights with the other stuff that addressed them. Like, Bunnie just isn't a character in SatAM. At all. She doesn't do shit.

But if you have no affinity for either, SatAM is more writing focused and...isn't very good at it, while AoStH is more slapstick and character focused and does pretty okay with that.

SatAM isn't very great. People who say it's good, like said, are often mentally linking it to the comics, which do a much better job at the character portrayals (the FFs outside of Sally are basically nonexistent) At the TIME it held potential, tackling a darker and more interesting version of Sonic's world for the few games that existed, but as far as actual cartoons go it's far from fantastic.

The Gallagher and DeCesare issues are much, MUCH better than the cartoon.

Penders is...actually questionable, at least up until he started exclusively writing Knuckles. As much of a clusterfuck as it is, Endgame is better than SatAM's finale.

I was going to correct you before I remembered that Image published this issue instead of Archie.

Fug.

Send me a friend invite on Steam. Search for "SketchMeister". Profile picture is the blue arrow logo. Tell me what your ID is so I don't accept the wrong invite.

AUUUUUUUH! MY HEAD'S SPINNING!

It's DefinitiveDubs

WHAT COMES DOWN MUST GO UP

I maintain that SatAM's fanbase consists entirely of kids whose parents didn't let them watch Power Rangers. I was one of them.

Games: Sonic

Comics: Julie Su

I watched Power Rangers and Sonic.

Everything SaTAM does the comics do better by leaps and bounds

What a wild ride.

The flashback episodes were better than Dr. Quack letting Sonic jump into Max's mind while Geoffrey sneers in the background.

>Quick ball
It definitely fits flavor-wise, but a Great Ball would probably be a better choice. It's got the red for his shoes, and a better shade of blue.

Well. I did it.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Hdic3ZDRiC

Which Sonic charachter would you do gay stuff with /sthg/?
Pic related.

I want to punch Classic Sonic.

Shadow would turn you into dust if you tried to do that.

But quick has a better catch rate.

He actually did it.

I always have memes ready for the attack.

>Boom was the anniversary game after all
REEEEEEEE

context?

>the shitposting meme parroted here for a long time became reality

>"Paint me like one of your french hedgehogs".

I want to punch you

There was a long shitpost when Boom (the show, not the game) was announced about how Shadow would be a rad surfer.

It was funnier than what we got.

Kinda sounded like a more raspy Humphrey.
I remember the gardevoir autism. That was late high school for me. I knew some fags who took the waifu bait. Now the only people I know who are into Pokemon are 20-30 year old women and gay furries.

Quiet you spiky pincushion.

THEY'RE HETEROSEXUALS ONLY INTERESTED IN FEMALE HEDGEHOGS REEEEEEEEEEE