LITERALLY what is wrong with diesel?

Just changed to a diesel car - Golf 1.6TDI.

Immediately noticable is how the car pulls - the torque makes driving effortless, don't even have to touch the gas to pull away quickly in 1st or 2nd gear. The car feels faster, and the diesel engine note is more masculine than a whining revvy petrol. Plus I'm getting way higher mileage so saving on fuel.

Remind me why you fags hate diesel again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hf5lLMCWWYc
theverge.com/2017/5/15/15642456/diesel-vehicles-nitrogen-oxide-pollution-premature-deaths
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>feels faster
Well, when you're used to driving Tyrones' Nissan Micra 1.0l when he and your wife goes clubbing and they need a designated driver then ofcourse it feels fast

>LITERALLY what is wrong with diesel?
its not gasoline

Veeky Forums is full of bus riding bench riders that only care about 0-60 times and don't care about practicality

cuckdiesels need to go and stay go.
you are driving a glorified lawnmower.
>friendly reminder diesels were built around the idea of getting shit done, not for stacy's cruising car

muh emissions

Omg diesel is loud, smelly and gross do you DD in a fucking cement truck? Then why is the car diesel? Are you fucking kiddin me? Take your slow as fuck diesel car and take it to a scrap yard to br fucking crushed into a cube,"nobody wants to fucking smell your shitty fucking diesel car exhaust or wait fucking 90 seconds for you to get up a fucking onramp.

Seriously you have to fucking ask, go kys.

Because they're actually shit, produce more emissions, and cause a shit amount of smog. Sorry, I like my clear blue Canadian skies.

When was the last time you went over 50 mph lol

Enjoy your vibrator on wheels faggot

misses has a diesel, gets over 1200km out of sub 40 litres. i love the way small diesel engines sound. and yeah, the torque is super nice.

>diesels
>slow

ummmmm actually it's 2017 sweetie and diesel cars have these little things called turbochargers on them. Guess the bus you ride on doesn't though :)

>what is adblue

youtube.com/watch?v=hf5lLMCWWYc

>5000lbs
>AWD
>Super luxobarge sedan
>As much torque as a Corvette
>40+ MPG
>24 gallon tank
>930 mile range
>diesel is cheaper than regular (at least in Canada), $60 to fill a tank

Why aren't you driving a diesel S Class?

most buses made in the last 25 years are turbo diesels.

Because the moment any of that stuff goes wrong, it's expensive to fix

Because maintenance on the engine and exhaust components are usually higher, like the glow plugs becoming faulty, and that you have to change out (or burn out) your exhaust filter frequently in order to prevent excessive oil consumption..

It uses the engine from a Sprinter, shit's pretty fucking solid and fixes for common problems are all well documented on Sprinter forums

Isn't that cute.

>look at how shit my car is!

>his car is shit because he actually drives it, and doesn't get into pissing matches over whose mpgees are better

>he thinks turbo diesels are recent

>actually drives it
>probably does stoplight races against Civics to feel good about himself

>not racing rice rockets
Why even live desu?

>a Hellcat racing civics to feel good about himself

They just can't pass emissions, something that the epa just don't fucking understand.

VW HAD to cheat on their emissions test because they wouldn't pass any other way. Everyone else cheats on their emission, but no one has figured out yet

Doesn't matter. Diesel cars are vastly less efficient than lab tests say they are.

>See Volkswagen

Also, I'd rather not have my country turn into a grey shit hole like Europe

Please leave, environMENTAL protection agency

VW didn't use AdBlue which is why their Nox emissions were so high

> they wouldn't pass any other way.

They had to cheat because US infrastructure isn't ready for new diesels that may require filling with DEF aka Diesel Exhaust Fluid to make EPA happy.

what planet are you on, dipshit?
commercial trucks running diesel motors have been using DEF since DEF became a thing. christ, most new diesel trucks have a DEF tank on board as well.
DEF has been a thing forever and america knows about it, VW just can't into diesel worth a shit.

That wouldn't make too much of a difference.

I really hate having to link the the verge since it's such a shit site, but read the article and follow the links. It's all there.

theverge.com/2017/5/15/15642456/diesel-vehicles-nitrogen-oxide-pollution-premature-deaths

>more stringent regulations

>this kills the freight industry

>> I bluthy derp eh wat kill-oh-mee-yeuhs wat hur der pruhsisly 1000 eilloderps per derpindishes wheech.

Fuck you metricfag europoor busriding faggot its obvious you'll never own a car in your life

I dontind large trucks and ships and all that using whatever they want, I just think Diesel is stupid for cars and SUVs. It's pointless, and does more damage than gas.

Fun fact: 20 of the world's cargo ships (those giant ass ones) pollute more than all the cars on the planet combined.

Having said that, I'd still rather not have smog in my skies

>gas fags will never experience the triple turbo world
If it ain't diesel it ain't right

>Only 3 turbos

Lel

>dat ATS purple
good shit

SRT8?

>Cummins
>PSD
>Duramax
>VAG

>No Perkins
>No Yanmar
>No Mitsubishi Heavy
>No John Deere
>No Cat
>No deutz
>No Kobuto

Do diesel fags even diesel?

Hellcat.

Fuck off you dirty hippie

DEF shit is the same reason why the Rotary engine couldn't be reliable. Mazda could have insisted that owners put 2 stroke oil in their gas or provided a separate reservoir for it, but that's too much effort for cuckmericans.

>snowflake motor setup
Triple turbo setup is not an uncommon thing in the world of diesels

Premixing reminds people of weed wackers, AdBlue is made by mercedes and has a nicer name

post dick in tailpipe or gtfo

What good would that do? The tailpipes don't really look that different.

small peepee confirmed.

Well, I'm not gonna post my dick on a blue board and get b&.

lol I personally know the chucklefucks that build these things, I wouldn't even trust them to do an oil change

>CO2 is what contributes to global warming
>NOx is what contributes to muh alergies and muh lung cancer
I'll stick to diesel.

> what is wrong with diesel?

> 1. non stoichiometric
> 2. can't evaporate fast enough
> 3. Diesel-(whoever this french guy was) cycle is based on utterly retarded principles (see.1)
> 4. "mama look, no throttle plate"
> 5. low power density if naturally aspirated (see. 3)
> 6. needs more aftertreatment steps than most coal power plants
> 7. needs VGT to make any power (see. 5)
> 8. aftertreatment systems are expensive as fuck (see, 6)
> 9. urea/AdBlue is basically a hidden tax
> 10. cam switching is considered something new
> 11. huge amount of rattling in winter
> 12. rattling i general
> 13. $800 flywheel is a wear item
> 14. fuel injection system being an complicated and expensive mess, because of need for high injection pressures
> 15. more shifting because of lower redline
> 16. fanbase
> 17. cheapskate stigma in "some" countries
> 18. need for higher quality fuel (ULSD)

i suppose, that you're prepared to sell a kidney if something goes with injection system

>he needs 3 turbos to make more than 90HP/L
トップ 「KEK」

Triple turbo systems run around 1.2k hp depending on setup. So 6.6l or 6.7l is roughly 180hp/l kek

you're an idiot. metric is 100,000,000x better than imperial. even NASA agrees. so eat a dick fucktard. enjoy your dictatorship shit hole country. you rank 20th for personal liberties, not even inside the top 10. fucking disgusting.

source: google it you fucktard

Slow and the emissions are actual poison gas and not "oh no carbon dioxide is going to change the climate and kill off polar bears and dumb/poor people" (aka Americans)

Ask a republican who only considers the liberties of white people without mental illnesses or other deficits that might affect job prospects, like being a manlet, and were actually number one.

> 3. Diesel-(whoever this french guy was) cycle is based on utterly retarded principles (see.1)
Even 90s models had fuel efficiency better than small blocks with big block torque

Buy a 90s mechanical diesel. No aftertreatment and a flywheel is $20.

That depends on your transmissionand gearing, not your engine. The increased torque means you can run taller gears, reducing how often you need to shift. Additionally the power band being lower in the RPM range saves you shifts since to speed up quickly you can just floor it rather than having to downshift to get into the power band first.

ULSD is cheaper than regular gas in Canada

imperial is better than metric, I don't care what NASA thinks

NASA doesn't care what's better. NASA cares what's more universal.

> 1. non stoichiometric
wtf? Are you fucking retarded? Do you even know what stoichiometry means? Diesels can run leaner, that's all.
> 2. can't evaporate fast enough
So? My cum on your mom can't either and I can't say she complains about it.
He was german. Pretty sure you're trolling.
> 4. "mama look, no throttle plate"
Some diesels have throttle plates, fuckwit.
So? It's not like your vtak makes any noticeable power to write home about.
Gee. A DPF and a urea tank sure looks complicated. Fortunately Otto engines will have their version of a particulate filter in the near future, not to mention water injection.
Bullshit. Many modern diesels don't have VGTs.
You're not supposed to ever replace a DPF. And a Bottle of urea doesn't seem like that expensive. Eat less chicken tendies and you'll have money to buy it.

> 10. cam switching is considered something new
Nobody gives a fuck about VVT. Not when the ECU can control the number of injections per cycle, depending on various parameters that do cover everything what VVT covers.
> 11. huge amount of rattling in winter
This isn't the 90s.
> 12. rattling i general
lol, no
>>>$2500 engine is a wear item
> 14. fuel injection system being an complicated and expensive mess, because of need for high injection pressures
So?
It's actually less shifting, because diesels actually have torque.
> 16. fanbase
You're the one to talk.
> 17. cheapskate stigma in "some" countries
Nobody in Europe thinks of diesels as the "cheapskate" alternative, since they are always a lot more expensive than the petrol equivalents.
> 18. need for higher quality fuel (ULSD)
Diesel is cheaper to produce and cheaper to retail.You're fucking retarded.

>4. "Mama look, no throttle plate"
Wrong, modern diesels have throttle bodies to help the engine be smoother during running and shutting down
>7. needs VGT to make any power
Again... Wrong, diesels make more power off a fixed turbo then a vgt. Vgt is mearly meant for helping the engine slow down during towing and helps it get up and go from a start but overall a fixed turbo design proves to have better power output.

Diesels can run way richer then gas. The power of compression based engines. 15:1 all the way up to 60:1. Gas runs 12:1 to 15:1

>slow
>sounds like shit
>can't rev
>can't make power
>needs a turbo to perform correctly
>modern diesels have awful reliability and cost a fucking ton of dosh
Among other things they also cucked our auto industry something motherfucking fierce and shut our development of sporty cars since the fucking '70s.
Diesel is shit and it's the reason why our cars were always more mediocre than we could've made them.

They can, but usually run leaner with way more air than a petrol.
That's why you see diesels coal rolling, because they're running a pure stoichiometric ratio but I guess you know that.

Fuck you. I aint no hippie. I hate electric cars.

I just don't see the point to Diesel in small cars

>1.6
>masculine

wew. Europe everybody.

Lmao you fucking faggot the scale only goes back 15 minutes. You hypermiled at 60mph on the freeway for 15 minutes to get an impressive number and took a picture which you're now posting constantly

>half a tank left
>86 miles range

Better mileage and cheaper

>mjet comes back after 6 months in the cuckshed
>immediately starts shilling for diesel with made up bullshit

yeah but that car has never ran correctly, just sayin. The jet engine on the spoiler is neat tho

>"That's why you see diesels coal rolling, because they're running a pure stoichiometric ratio but I guess you know that."
Wrong.... Usually rolling coal because they have too much additional fuel and not enough air. Why I blow more black smoke on added fuel toon then a stock tune.

I doubt a person who buys a 700 horsepower land barge is particularly concerned with fuel mileage.

Fun fact; you and whatever clickbait you fell for are entirely full of shit.

Fucked if this doesn't get brought up every single time, the International Maritime Organisation places intercoastal freight contributing to less than ten percent of global CO2 emissions in 2011, and less than fifteen percent of Sulphur emissions as of the same year. Seeing as global fleet numbers have decreased and repowers with IMO Tier 3 platforms have increased, intercoastal freight does not account for anywhere near the emissions you think it does.

Fun fact; Once I'm done with a 9L58/64, ten Detroit / MTU Series 60 engines produce more CO and CO2 emissions at rated power. Ten standard semi trailer engines to every large bore medium speed plant.

Just how many trucks do you think are operating right now compared to large bore medium speed propulsion units?

60:1 is sixty parts air to one part fuel.

If you think sixty parts air to one part fuel is richer than, say, twelve parts air to one part fuel...

....you are a fucking gronk.

It's just weird seeing a luxobarge cruiser with 160 miles of range on a full tank

Fun fact: imperial is based on metric
Even your inch is defined as 2.54cm

That's simply not true

Or is 25.4mm defined as one inch?

Inchception.

why are white people so obsessed with black cock?????????

>2017
>diesel - slow
>what is M550d
>380hp
>0-60 same as e60 m5
>triple turbocharged. quad turbos in the new model.
yo waz hepening why you shittin on dem diezels

Diesel is the V8 of Europe, hur dur torques but no revs but with good economy.

the new M550d will have 400hp
with a remap 500hp will be easy
too bad diesel engines are heavy

A diesel S class would be perfect. I think all luxury barges should be diesels. MPGs and quiet rumble, and ample torque

That being said, diesels are slow as shit and heavy. They don't have a place in anything but a daily driver or truck.

>diesels
>slow as shit
Yeah sure

>380hp
>triple turbo

Needing 3 turbo's for only 380bhp

They are, by design, much slower to rev

Americans*

>You're not supposed to ever replace a DPF
And yet loads of them need replacing, which costs £1000. In the early days people used to remove them and put a straight pipe in, then remap the car so you got better performance and fuel economy which cost less than a replacement DPF. Then the government decided to make it an MOT failure so you HAD to have a DPF in the car if it came with one.

Then you get all the other fun stuff like injector failure, high pressure fuel pump failure, premature wear on clutch / dual mass flywheel compared to a petrol car, EGR valves, turbos blowing etc. No one in their right mind would run a modern diesel car out of warranty. The days of rugged simplicity are long gone. And not to mention they are being banned in the centre of London which is likely to spread to other cities which will destroy the residual value of cars fucking owners over once again.

>> 12. rattling i general
>lol, no
Diesels rattle and vibrate noticeably more than a petrol equivalent.
>> 13. $800 flywheel is a wear item
>>>>$2500 engine is a wear item
>> 14. fuel injection system being an complicated and expensive mess, because of need for high injection pressures
>So?
So? So if any of that shit goes wrong, which it will, you are left with a massive bill which you wouldn't be facing on a petrol car.
>> 15. more shifting because of lower redline
>It's actually less shifting, because diesels actually have torque.
Not even close - diesels have a much narrower powerband so you shift a lot more.

You have never actually driven a diesel car have you? Is this the sort of fucking cretin that frequents this board these days?

What about bug cars?

Its a diesel and not fuels efficient at all

back in 2010 less than 10% diesel tracks had SCR onboard in the USA, that thing is still catching up I believe

>25k redline
>diesel
Yeah nice try retard, fuck off

>Being this new

Thats a x100 tach

My next car will be a Diesel

Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI GreenLine
3.2 l/100km
~ 73 mpg

I once was a sat in the passenger seat of my boss' maserati ghibli diesel. It's quite good actually. Netherlands for anyone wondering, diesel is 1.20 something compared to gas being 1.50-1.70

I also met up with another Veeky Forumstist who has a golf GTD, also quite nice

Diesel is for hgvs and mining vehicles